Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op & eating in public!

I am only 3 weeks post-op, and I can only handle yogurt (4oz), Protein shakes (sip throughout day), cup of Soup (about 2/3 cup), and once I ate 1 grilled chicken strip. If I try anything else, it does not stay down. Some people have said refried Beans were good, I tried yesterday and it was miserable.

I know I have to be patient, it is getting hard. I agree that eating out is near impossible. I have had to excuse myself and get sick in the bathroom. It is not how I pictured my post op life to be. However on the good side, I am still losing 5 pounds a week and have not yet changed my exercise routine. I figured once I stall, I will pick up the exercise.

I keep reading about those that are 5 1/2 weeks out and eating wonderful things....I can only hope I will be brave enough to try.

Im 4 weeks post op and i can eat anything apart from anything breaded or battered which doesnt bother me. Ate out at Red Lobster at the weekend and even though it says for under 12`s only they let me order off the kids menu, tried garlic shrimp and it went down a treat and a small cup of lobster bisque, was awesome. last night i had a small salad with chicken, it had raw peppers, onion, lettuce and spinach... it was a delight. Needless to say eating out is not an issue luckily

Sleeve made of steel. I've been eating out since I was 6 weeks post op with no problem other than always having a doggy bag. I've never gotten sick from any thing I ate. Sometimes I just order an appetizer and request it be brought out with my meal. Eating out was always a big part of my social life. Working around my allergies is the bigger challenge for me.

Same here. I'm on week 5 and I've eaten out twice. Soup and salad at Chili's and grilled chicken, steak and shrimp with veggies at the Mexican restaurant we went to yesterday. I have no problems with any foods so far.

I take home most of the meal and it ends up being leftovers for the next couple of days - or my son or my husband eats the rest of my food.

I haven't tried salad yet, and lots of things for that matter. I made chicken fajitas this weekend and I tried a couple of grilled chicken strips with the grilled onions, peppers, and guacamole. (I am not eating bread, tortillas, Pasta, etc yet nor do I want to). The only new things to my food routine were the onions and peppers and my sleeve said no way, Jose! It'll be a while before I try that again!

I usually do good and I've never gotten sick in public or anything. I just would rather not eat food food in public lol miso Soup is my bff! I'm three months out & I can handle pretty much anything but I don't ever wana risk it lol

I pretty much got over the whole eating out in public thing during my pre-op diet. I am now totally comfortable going to a restaurant with my husband or friends, and ordering a Water and a cup of ice to pour my Protein Shake into. With zero you-know-whats given. I just make sure to tip very well. :)

That's a good idea! Lol I'm lucky my parents let me pick around their plate hahah it makes it easier ????????????

I will be 1 year out in a week!! I have no problem eating out because most of the people know about my sleeve so they get used to seeing me wasted a lot of food in my plate lol. My problem is I eat slowwwwly, my surgeon encouraged me to eat more and I take at least 45 minutes to eat 1/3 of a normal dish. Once I went to a party and found myself still nibbling on my dinner while everyone already moved on to dessert. Feeling a bit weird like the old days but different reason lol.

Lol straws are the devil!!!

Straws seem to be the only way I can get anything down. Im only 4days out.

Be careful! My surgeon forbid them!!! Make sure you're taking your time, mama! Don't wana hurt yourself!

Like 60+ at one day shy of three months out I believe. I only weigh myself when I go for doc visits per the docs request. Helps me have something to look forward to and strive for

My family didn't think I needed to but I decided I didn't wana be a size 14-16 forever :( I wanted to be back to my old self

Same here @@maxinee I was wearing size 14 -16 I am 19 days out and have lost 20 lbs I am on pureed foods but don't really know what to eat. What is it that has gotten you to loose the 60 lbs any recommendation