Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official August thread! Where are you guys?

Hi everyone! Four weeks post op today. Have been at a stall for about a week and a half. Getting a little frustrated. I don't want to sound like I am complaining because I am not at all, but I have had NO problems getting liquids, Protein or meals in. So much so that I am actually paranoid about wondering if they actually took enough of my stomach. I have been on soft foods for a week and have only gotten to the point where I felt full once and I think it was because I didn't chew well enough. Otherwise, I have had no problems and even got down a Chobani yogurt down (5.3 ounces) without even feeling full. I feel like I'm not doing something properly. I definitely don't have any hunger though so they must have done something in there, LOL. Any tips on how to break this stall? I've increased activity, fluids and protein. I'm still only getting about 600 calories in a day and the doctor wants me at 1000 but I haven't made it happen yet, but try every day.

Hey Paulie I totally understand im at 4 weeks post also and have the same thing. I haven't lost any weight in over a week and been getting hunger pains after 2 hours of eating. I feel like I'm doing something wrong because everyone else has such great success stories.

Had my sleeve on 8/20. I am loosing very slowly . I have lost 18 pound. I had a low BMI maybe this is the reason. I'm doing well my energy is getting back up.. I tried to have 60 g of Protein by eating real food. I have not had a shake this wk I decided to take a break this wk.

August 10th baby here. With my surgeon's post-op plan, I was able to move to beef, turkey, ham, and salads(!) this last weekend. Oh, and nuts...bought a bunch of snack bags of cashews for Snacks. Very happy to have a little more than tuna, Pasta, or fish to eat.

I was stalled out for about three weeks at least. Went out of town for about 24 hours this last Sunday through Monday and came back having lost about 8 pounds. I was like, "what the heck?!!?? Where'd it go? Did I leave it in my hotel room?"

I'm thinking I should probably travel more.

No medical issues directly related to the surgery although my lower back issues seem to have flared up again (discussed in another thread). These issues have also hampered my ability to do any rigorous exercise since I have to sit down every couple hundred feet of walking.

I had rny on Aug 27th. I haven't really had any stalls at this point. I am down a total of 50lbs. 20 since the day of surgery. I will have my 1 month post op appointment on Monday.

I am still really tired. I can't seem to get enough energy to make it through the day.

Edited by stillmeonlysmaller

My son and I both had surgery on Aug 14...... both doing well and back to work 3 weeks ago. He has lost 30 pounds and I have lost 26.... so excited

Just wanted to check in with my fellow August'ers. How is everyone doing in terms of complications, weight loss, health, social, etc.?

I had my RNY August 25th, and never had any pain or complications. I'm a little over 9 weeks out and have only lost around 45 pounds. I dropped a great deal when on liquids, but as soon as I hit soft foods, I slowed down considerably, and now, since getting into solid foods, I've hit a couple short plateaus. Granted, I'm down 3 jeans sizes, 2 shirt sizes, and looking and feeling much better, but I can't but help feel like my weight loss is moving at a glacial pace.

So, I'm curious how everyone else from August is coming along. (And hoping everyone is doing very well!)

Edited by geronimo

Been about six weeks since my last update, so...

Stalled out again in mid-October but started losing weight again the week before Halloween. I'm basically down 49 pounds now since August 10th.

Went to the chiropractor for my lower back issues, and have been seeing him 2-3 times per week since early October. My back is feeling better and better. I now feel confident I can actually walk long distances without having to stop and sit down every 100 steps or so.

Not too much trouble with foods, but I stick to what I know works for me. Some issues I had include chicken wings. I baked a handful a few weeks ago. Was only able to eat two before I had that "pain" in the pouch. Wasn't too much longer that I purged what I had eaten. I documented an issue with a salad at Chipotle about a week or so ago as well. Took a handful of bites, and it came back up not much later.

Not sure I've experienced dumping yet. I had a "different" experience this last weekend. Was visiting with friends, and we went to a mall. We stopped at a yogurt shop, and I had a very small cup with strawberries, cherries, and pineapple. About 15 minutes after I finished it, I had to run to the bathroom with diarrhea and an increased heart rate that lasted for about 10 minutes. Not sure that's dumping though since I felt fine after my heart rate came down with no intervention from me.

Had to go buy a new light jacket for these "cooler" months since the one I had bought last year when I was at my heaviest looked way too big on me. Same thing with jeans. I haven't gone to buy new shirts yet, but the ones I have look way too big on me unless I tuck them in.

So all's good. A little disappointed with the stalls, but all of my weight loss to date has been with little to no exercise due to my lower back issues. With that going away, I think I can start doing more walking and maybe running which should help with the weight loss.

I had rny on 8-14. All is going well but I have found I can't eat sausage at all... I haven't found much else I can't eat. To date I have lost 40 pounds since surgery. My son had the sleeve the same day and is down 64 pounds...... he looks like a totally different person. I'm guessing that I haven't lost as much because I isn't have a such to lose to start with. That's okay though I'll take it. When I lose 4 more pounds I will be under 200 for the first time I almost 30 years..... can't wait!! Good luck to all everyone is doing awesome

I had rny on 8/17 as well, and I'm down about 52 pounds. My exercise has been limited due to a knee injury, which is what's holding me back, I suspect. Still, 52 pounds in less than 3 months is nice, and I'm not complaining. :) I get tired really easily but all in all I'm doing really well.

Aug 5 low bmi - down 20-23 lbs I had a four week stall then in October 3l lbs los ms I have 13 lbs to hit goal so it'll be a journey

Sleeved 8/24. SW 249, CW 215. Not as much as I expected but definitely excited about the drop. Goal is 130, though I can't even imagine that. My personal goal is 150. I'm hoping to still have curves by then!

I had rny august 24. I am down 43lbs. I really have slowed down. As far as the way I feel- I have good days and bad days. I seem to feel like there's a lump in my chest most of the time. I have no idea what's causing it. I felt good when I went to bed around 11:30, but here it is 3:20 and it has come back. I am so sick (literally) of eating chicken. My Dr said no meat except chicken and seafood for 6 months - and the thought of chicken or seafood turns my stomach since that's all I'm eating. Someone mentioned salad - I'm not allowed that either. I go to my 3 month appt on the 23'd and then I'll be allowed raw veggies - but still no red meat or pork until February and no Pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, etc until may. It's so hard!