Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official August thread! Where are you guys?

Surgery was first thing this morning, hiatal hernia fix + gastric bypass. According to all the surgical staff it was a smashing success. Had initial pain/discomfort due to three gas the first couple of hours, but that had mostly gone away. Heating pad for shoulders a big help. And am really tired, I keep nodding off while texting. :)

I will say, I'm feeling what I would associate with stomach hunger. I've brought it up and they say it's just the gas, but one nurse said summer people feel hunger right away. This REALLY concerns me. I guess I'll find out I the next day our two. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's not hunger!

Hey guys!! I had surgery on August 24th. So today is 2 day post op. I am shocked, literally shocked how hard it is to drink Water. I am drinking my Protein Shakes and they seem to go down better. But I have bubbles in my throat from only 1 oz of water. Anyone else have this from such little water.

Surgery this morning. All went well and I just went for my first shuffle down the hall. In some pain, but overall I think I'm gonna make it! Shout out to all my battle buddies who had surgery today, hope everyone is doing well!

Congratulations!

It gets better! I'm 10 days post op and I got my staples and drain out today, and I'm moving on to pureed food. I feel like a million bucks! Well, a pooped out million bucks. XD congrats!

Congrats..... my son and I are 12 days out......post op appointment was today. All is good we get to move to soft foods and we can quit crushing our pills which is awesome because that was horrible. Any way good luck to all who are about to take this step to better your life it's definitely worth it.

Hi August People!

Had my band to bypass revision on 08/11. Doing good! I remember coming home and I was so tired but kept myself awake to stay hydrated. I was mad that I couldn't rest or I'd be back in the hospital being treated for dehydration. Noooo thanks!

I was nervous for a bit because it seemed that I wasn't feeling full but... I am now!

The hard thing is that my stomach is full and I know exactly when to stop but.....my head says "Ohh I just want to finish this". Just one more bite. Luckily, I stop due to all the horror stories.

Anyway, just my two cents and good luck to everyone! I hope you are all doing well and just flowing with the changes of this new life style. My word to myself is RELAX (it's all working out). ????

I came home, from the hospital, today. I feel feverish, but thermometer says 99.1 - I'll just have to keep an eye on it. bought some Gas-X and man is my belly rumbling, from the gas. I still have pain, but I don't think its horrible - it's like extremely sore muscles. I got my drain removed before I left the hospital - what an experience that was. I have a one week follow up appointment Monday, but will till be on Clear liquids for 2 weeks. The hospital sent me home with a really nice Water bottle that has ounces and milliliters marked off - so, that will make it easier to keep track of my fluids. I felt like was drinking a lot but, am shocked to find that I have only had 8 oz, since I've been home plus I had a carton of diet Decaf iced tea, this morning at the hospital, but clumsy me spilled most of it on my bed, lol. But, I'm peeing a lot for not drinking very much. Oh, and does the look or smell of food make anyone want to throw up? My room was across from the family waiting area and people were always microwaving food and it was so nauseating! Foo on tv doesn't even look good - it's the opposite, it looks disgusting.

For all of you who just had your bypass, what does hunger feel like for you, if at all? Not having any problems with Water, though not really feeling full after drinking an ounce of water each hour, and I'm feeling hungry about 30 minutes after drinking the water. Anyone else feeling like this, or are you feeling something different?

I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 6 am. Starting to feel a little nervous.

Edited by stillmeonlysmaller

I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 6 am. Starting to feel a little nervous.

I had this same feeling just 10 days ago. It's a crazy, amazing feeling. Everything's going to be great. :) you'll do great. Good luck!

For all of you who just had your bypass, what does hunger feel like for you, if at all? Not having any problems with Water, though not really feeling full after drinking an ounce of water each hour, and I'm feeling hungry about 30 minutes after drinking the water. Anyone else feeling like this, or are you feeling something different?

I had my bypass ten days ago and I honestly haven't felt much of the fullness everyone keeps talking about. I get in 64 oz of water every day pretty easily, if slowly. I started pureed foods today and I got nauseous for the first time since surgery. Some people are saying they get super full after like an ounce of water. That just doesn't happen for me, and on top of that I do actually still feel hunger and cravings. I wonder if something is wrong with me. :/

For all of you who just had your bypass, what does hunger feel like for you, if at all? Not having any problems with Water, though not really feeling full after drinking an ounce of Water each hour, and I'm feeling hungry about 30 minutes after drinking the water. Anyone else feeling like this, or are you feeling something different?

I had my bypass ten days ago and I honestly haven't felt much of the fullness everyone keeps talking about. I get in 64 oz of water every day pretty easily, if slowly. I started pureed foods today and I got nauseous for the first time since surgery. Some people are saying they get super full after like an ounce of water. That just doesn't happen for me, and on top of that I do actually still feel hunger and cravings. I wonder if something is wrong with me. :/
@@Cervidae, you mentioned you had a bypass? I wonder if most people on here that you are reading about had the sleeve. I know for me having the sleeve sounds different than my friend that had the bypass. That could be why you don't feel full after one ounce. I cannot drink anymore than once ounce in a sitting, or I almost puke. I actually think this thread was under a sleeve heading. Maybe check out with the bypassers what their experience is. Just a thought. I doubt something is wrong it's probably just different. Hope that helps. Good luck, let us know how you are ok?

I had the bypass and I never feel hungry, the thought, look or smell of food makes me nauseous. The only fullness I feel is when I've had too much Water, at one time - it's an uncomfortable feeling, I don't know how to describe it it. But I keep forgetting that I can't take 3 big gulps of Water, at a time, anymore - only sips. So once in a while I'll take 3 big gulps and then I get that uncomfortable feeling and I quickly remember to take sips. My high blood pressure pills are a little large - but they said they are ok to take whole - well they are hard to swallow - literally. The pill is large and that means only a tiny bit of water will fit to wash it down - it's a very uncomfortable and sometimes nauseating feeling. stillmeonlysmaller - I was very nervous the day of my surgery. After we left my family and they were wheeling to the OR, I started crying and got very scared. But I didn't want to show it because I was afraid they would stop the surgery. So, I think it's very natural to be scared or nervous.

BTW, last night was the first night, in my bed, out of the hospital and man, did I have a much needed good night sleep.

I am 2 days post op, hoping I get to go home today