Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Daddy Burger!

I still enjoy a good burger, only now I can only eat 1/4-1/2 of one without the bun. I won't lecture people about what to eat, not eat, in this day and age we all know what's not good for us. I knew what I shouldn't eat when I was fat.

couldnt have said it better myself...

nothing like a great burger! even if i can have only 2 bites, i make them the good ones lol

They have a frequent buyers club card.

Each time you buy one of those meals, they stamp your card. Collect 20 stamps and you get a 5% discount on your WLS procedure.

I probably could not have eaten that even pre-op but my husband could and would. He runs, he bikes, he's this perfect physical specimen. (Darn him) It would be a pleasure to see him try and tackle that on Fathers Day if he wanted to. My concern is that it probably wouldn't be that tasty because it's not a chain known for great quality!

@@alilove2631 Actually, we eat at our local Black Bear quite often. My husband loves their country potatoes. I don't think that the food is low quality, just that they pile on too much food.< /p>

My rant was not directed at people who might want to splurge on this over the top burger. I'm just saying that a 3,000 calorie burger is no one's idea of a healthy meal, and I wonder why Black Bear thought it was a good idea.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be mean. I just meant if I or a loved one WERE going to eat something like that than I would want it to be at/from some awesome burger place that specialized in that sort of stuff and was going to really make it worth the gluttony!

Heck when I weighed 395 I used to eat an entire large pizza with extra cheese, a pound bag of potato chips, a pint of ice cream and most of a box of chocolates for dinner on a regular basis. We'd go to this Chinese restaurant and I'd eat 2 deep fried appetizers and then have a deep fried entree.

I could have easily eaten that meal and not thought twice about it.

Does anyone else think about before surgery when they could have eaten that whole thing, and frys and a soda and who's kidding probably a slice of cake aswell?

Post surgery 6 days for me and I can't even tackle a whole juice box in one sitting.

Although visions of cheese burgers do dance in my head. But I am honestly not hungry.

But they were so tasty

I have been to black bear diner a few times and they do have some healthier choices on the menu, or used to anyways. I had this grilled chicken breast that had brocolli and cheese inside of it. It was decent and instead of the mashed potatoes I asked for a salad instead.

the Breakfast is decent too, but its nice to get one entree and share

just because our stomachs cant hold that doesnt meant its gross... , i would try to eat it back in the day! who are we kidding we all enjoyed food at some point or we wouldnt be on here!

i say yolo! my husband eats what he wants and is happy with it, i have never blamed society for my weight..i put all that food in there :)

i told myself i would never become a "judgmental foodie" and thats why i say ..let them eat cake! (or giant burgers)

I'm sorry, but nothing about that burger sounds in any way appetising (everything fried - yuck!!!). ????

@@Catherine Davis to each their own i guess :D

Although that burger doesn't appeal to me (they lost me with the egg), I believe in having a cheat meal and enjoying it guilt free every once in a while. We're still regular people, and one thing about me I'm sure will never change is my sweet tooth. Everything in moderation folks.

Edited by Rochellevsg

I planned for cheat meals into long term goals, once per month, but some of those foods are ridiculous, like the new pizza with pigs in a blanket on the ends, I think from Pizza Hut! It's like why??????lol

Nothing could be more gut busting and artery hardening than deep fried butter (It's a real thing. I never had it, nor will I probably ever).

I'm sorry, but those kinds of meals disgust me.

They disgusted me pre-op, and they do even more so now.

No way could I have eaten that much at any point in my life.

That anyone can eat like that is genuinely shocking to me.

Just keepin' it real here.

I'm so glad I haven't had the desire for a burger since pre-op. I lived on fast food burgers and fries. That has been lifted and it amazes me.