Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Daddy Burger!

I just went to brunch at a Black Bear Diner. (Black Bear Diner's are known for their large portions.) For Father's Day they now have a special they call their "Big Daddy" burger. It's 1-1/3 pounds of beef, bacon, cheese, a fried egg, and fried onion rings, served with a side of French fries. My guess is the meal tops 3,000 calories. What a way to show your appreciation for your dad! By buying him a heart attack special.

I don't like to think that they sell any, but I'll bet they do.

That is just plain gross! I bet you are right and they do sell them.

Only 1 fried egg? Ridiculous! ;)

To me that sounds like barfing waiting to happen, however I can see plenty of people ordering that. I doubt though for many it is something that is anything other than a once or twice a year kind of treat, so I shalt not judge. I will let them enjoy their 3,000 calorie heart attack on a bun and then hope no one says anything to me the once or twice a year I order a milkshake or a dessert I shouldn't be eating.

Wow, that is excessive. I think that is definitely one thing that has changed since my hubby and I got sleeved. We used to give food as gifts. I think a lot of people do. Instead of going out to dinner on my birthday and having cake he is getting me an electric guitar.

Urgh... Maybe a once in a moon type of thing (I hope)

I haven't been sleeved yet and it still sounds disgusting to me.

Kate

'Merica.

I also just saw a Carl's Jr commercial for a burger with a hot dog and potato chips on it.

No wonder obesity is an epidemic.

Well I will admit I ate a chocolate chip today but that burger? Um, nope. Well maybe a tiny bite because that's about all I can handle these days.

Unless someone is an Olympic athlete in actual training there's no way someone should eat that mess. Actually not even the athlete tbh.....

I'll pass.

Well I do plan for cheat days in the future, just wanna make sure my mind is in line for it or I won't even try it, although we have similar stuff here in San Antonio, I don't plan to go that extreme , I think if I got a burger that big I would eat in 5 or 6 portions and skip the fries, then do about 5 days of Protein Shakes for 2 meals, yup gotta purge before confession, just wanna get healthy right now I guess

I could not eat that if I wanted to. I haven't had a real burger in 2 1/2 years. I have grilled burgers and had just the burger no bun with lettuce and Tomato on the side. Hubby and I went to a movie today and out to eat at Cedar River which is a seafood restaurant here, I ordered shrimp, slaw and some applesauce. I only ate about 4 shrimp a little slaw and a spoon full of applesauce. watching other people eat was amazing and I was one of the volume eaters, could out eat my husband and 6'4" son in law. but the portions are huge in most restaurants and it's obvious why Americans are obese. We live in the land of Plenty and most of it is plenty unhealthy for sure. Eating out is not my favorite thing because I can cook better than most of the restaurants . plus it's expensive. I am anxious to try Pannera bread though it's supposed to be healthy. They just opened one up here. I heard their turkey chili is good. might have to go there next week.

@@IcanMakeit In addition to hating onions, I hate fried eggs.

@@Babbs - yuck, yuck, yuck. The Most American Thickburger.

I was watching some documentary/drama on Showtime called 7 Deadly Sins, hosted by Morgan Spurlock and... they did an episode on gluttony. There is some place called The Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas that specializes in the opposite of healthy food choices. Naturally, they have sexualized the experience with pseudo-nurses* as servers .

Here's a link to their menu -- http://www.heartattackgrill.com/heart-attack-grill-menu.html

OMG I saw that Great american Thickburger yesterday. We were driving and my stepson of 14 got it. I got the grilled chicken sandwich naked and ate the grilled chicken only and even then couldn't eat the whole piece. When I think back to the things I have eaten in my past I just want to hang my head. We have a choice what we eat and we make some pretty bad choices all because its out there. If they build it we will come mentality.

I try hard not to judge others because they are not where I am nor did they make the decision I made. To each their own. Now if I hear them crab about their weight then I just might say something...lol

Like my aunt is so proud of herself because she joined a gym and she tells me she is going 5 days a week, then she posts on friday about her experience at McDonalds getting her Big Mac meal...smh I kept my lip zipped tho...its her decision and I don't want to be that crazy person who feels the need to tell people what to do or how to lose. It as taken me all my life to get here so I am certainly not the expert on surgery or weight loss.

just because our stomachs cant hold that doesnt meant its gross... , i would try to eat it back in the day! who are we kidding we all enjoyed food at some point or we wouldnt be on here!

i say yolo! my husband eats what he wants and is happy with it, i have never blamed society for my weight..i put all that food in there :)

i told myself i would never become a "judgmental foodie" and thats why i say ..let them eat cake! (or giant burgers)

We are a country of excesses at times...and this is certainly excessive. I agree though...who am I to judge. I don't preach to those who still smoke, and I'm not going to preach to anyone about their food choices. Nope...not going there... ;)

I still enjoy a good burger, only now I can only eat 1/4-1/2 of one without the bun. I won't lecture people about what to eat, not eat, in this day and age we all know what's not good for us. I knew what I shouldn't eat when I was fat.