Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on June 10th and couldn't be happier, I started at 388lbs in January and at my first Dr's appt was at 262.2, on my surgery was at 349, today is my follow up and I've been following everything I am supposed to, and at the Gym 3x a week, so I'm hoping I'm at somewhere between 320-330, that would be 55-60 lbs total lost since I began my journey, I am using milestones and not so much the scale, it was definitely a boost to have lost 6 waist sizes so far,for those looking to do this I say, just make sure your heart and mind are into too, and the rest is just working at it, also make long term goals and change your dietary habits, this is ehT helps you maintain, and it is true, use this as a tool and not a quick fix!

...NSV include no longer snoring. My beloved husband is sleeping much better. AND, being able to push to a stand from my weeding stool when I garden.

Wow, you're able to garden already? I'm about a week behind you (sleeved 6/15), and I'm still so afraid to do anything that might strain my incisions. I just started sleeping in my bed last night, rather than the recliner that I've been in since getting home from surgery, because I sleep on my side and felt a pulling sensation when I tried to do it.

I'm walking about a mile a day, but I am still really leery of bending and stooping and pulling on anything. Maybe I'm being overly cautious...

I was sleeved on June 10th and couldn't be happier, I started at 388lbs in January and at my first Dr's appt was at 262.2, on my surgery was at 349, today is my follow up and I've been following everything I am supposed to, and at the Gym 3x a week, so I'm hoping I'm at somewhere between 320-330, that would be 55-60 lbs total lost since I began my journey, I am using milestones and not so much the scale, it was definitely a boost to have lost 6 waist sizes so far,for those looking to do this I say, just make sure your heart and mind are into too, and the rest is just working at it, also make long term goals and change your dietary habits, this is ehT helps you maintain, and it is true, use this as a tool and not a quick fix!

I was sleeved June 8th, and my Dr still won't clear me for anything other than walking...

It wasn't easy I had to tell him specifically what I would do at the gym, I told him I used to be in the gym a lot and had experience, so I told him In detail : treadmill, and light upper body circuit training, shoulders, chest, back, bicep, tricep, try that with your doc, we are not all under the same guidelines for after surgery, I'm gonna try and advocate today for soft foods, even though I have less than 5 more days of full liquid, some people are on soft after week one!

8 days out.

Is it normal to be so tired? I walk up a flight of stairs & feel like collapsing when I get to the top. Getting all my Protein, liquids, Vitamins etc. I've been sleeping the best I've slept in years!

I just had my 1 week follow up today and I am feeling pretty good. No pain and just a little gas. My incisions look great and I am down 7 pounds since surgery. I am back at work and I am excited to get to the gym, but my doctor is making me wait until I am 1 month out.

Vitamins and Protein are great, but it's like my dietician told me, you have to remember all these changes are very new and you have been this way for years, so even though you may be ready, your body has to catch up, it is used to getting a certain amount of calories and food for years, and now your telling it no, so fatigue is very likely for the first few weeks, I fought through it, and I'm vein back in the gym 3x a week, but I still have my dizzy spells from time to time

I am 2 1/2 weeks out. Just started puréed and my first egg and ground up chicken. Not bad but hard watching everyone else eat. pain of surgery not bad. Biggest thing is low energy but I take a lot of breaks Just wish the weight would come off faster but hang in there those who are getting ready. be patient and fight for yourself

Hi June Friends! I had the Sleeve on Tuesday the 16th and in general am feeling good. I am not saying that it is easy when my family is BBQing outside or having pizza and caesar salad! I am finding some peace in staying out of the kitchen, not going to the grocery store etc. I have zofran for nausea, oxycodone for pain, omprizole for acid, and will take ursodial in another week for keeping gall stones away. I don't take the pain or nausea pills very often...ocassionally I overdo and then they come in handy. My main reason to do the surgery was to relieve stress on my feet and ankles as I am pretty immobilized...I am impressed that I am moving better and almost without thinking about it...like a normal person! I started at 244 when I checked into hospital...and came home weighing 254 due to IV's...I am now 230 and feeling like the worst is behind me. The incisions are pretty well healed and I am hoping to be able to get in the pool soon...not sure how healed I have to be! Would love to chat with anyone else who is on my timetable or has advice. I go to two different hospital support groups and had the surgery in Portland Or.

@fritochip--I was sleeved the 15th, and my surgeon's office said that my incisions have to be completely healed before I get in the pool. When I saw the PA on Wednesday, she said it would be at least another 2-3 weeks for me. I'm already anxious to get back to my Water aerobics classes!

Hi Fritochip! btw I love Fritos! Was my go-to munchy.

I was sleeved 6/18. I feel fine with no pain or nausea, but I am very tired most of the time. Getting all my Protein, liquids, & Vitamins. Friday is pizza night at our house & it smells really good but I have no desire to eat it. Yay! That's a first for me! I could put down a few pieces without a 2nd thought.

" I am hoping to be able to get in the pool soon...not sure how healed I have to be! "

My surgeon says two weeks - I feel your pain! I have arthritis in my ankles and feet, so I am looking forward to getting back in the pool…and the hot tub!

That's pretty cool I couldn't tell the difference between where the pain came from , hernia or gastric? I'm all hurt pretty bad

My husband had a lot more pain than I did post op and he had a hernia repair. I did not. That could be the difference. He was feeling much better after about two weeks.

Hi June Friends! I had the Sleeve on Tuesday the 16th and in general am feeling good. I am not saying that it is easy when my family is BBQing outside or having pizza and caesar salad! I am finding some peace in staying out of the kitchen, not going to the grocery store etc. I have zofran for nausea, oxycodone for pain, omprizole for acid, and will take ursodial in another week for keeping gall stones away. I don't take the pain or nausea pills very often...ocassionally I overdo and then they come in handy. My main reason to do the surgery was to relieve stress on my feet and ankles as I am pretty immobilized...I am impressed that I am moving better and almost without thinking about it...like a normal person! I started at 244 when I checked into hospital...and came home weighing 254 due to IV's...I am now 230 and feeling like the worst is behind me. The incisions are pretty well healed and I am hoping to be able to get in the pool soon...not sure how healed I have to be! Would love to chat with anyone else who is on my timetable or has advice. I go to two different hospital support groups and had the surgery in Portland Or.

My surgery was on the 17th. I am feeling pretty good. I am taking just the Prilosec and gas strips occasionally, but I am not having any real issues with that anymore. I was Clear Liquids days 1-4, and now on full liquids until 2 weeks post op. I have been doing zero Vitamin Water, Tomato basil Soup, squash Soup, mushroom soup, greek yogurt, and Protein shakes. I add unjury chicken soup flavored Protein to my Soups, a little milk or almond milk and blend. I also blend Jay Rob vanilla egg white protein into my greek yogurt. Because I've been adding Protein powder into anything I can, I am able to get about 50-60 grams of protein per day. The hardest thing for me is trying to drink enough fluids. I am doing ok, but I get full just on Water. Drinking water feels the same to me as having soup or yogurt. What about you ?

I am scheduled for June 8th and my emotions too have been all over the place. It really became real to me on Friday after I had the IVC filter procedure. Wishing all sleeves the best and a speedy recovery.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an IVC filter? I am having surgery June 8th too ( it is tomorrow!!) and I am curious what that is....

Thanks and good luck my sleeve sister!