Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I understand how you feel. I lost 30 pounds my first 3 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 5 weeks and I haven't lost anything else. Of course I should Celebrate my 30 pound loss but at the same time it's is hard to look at what very little you are eating and be ok with not losing weight. I am assuming (and hoping) that it's just my body responding to the shock of surgery and rapid weight loss. But still, it can be disheartening getting on the scale and seeing no movement.

Edited by amanda1025

I'm 4 weeks out and only lost 12lbs. You double my weight loss - you are doing great.

I think that's about where I was at that point. I also had a "stall" around then. Very normal. Search for stall on here and you'll see it come up a lot! Congratulations on your loss.

@@cmblackmon35, congratulations on your loss so far, you are really doing great! I would be very careful about putting a goal out there like losing 25 lbs per month. The reality is you are likely not going to lose that much per month after the first month. It slows down after you get back on regular foods. I have been losing on average 2 lbs per week and that means some weeks I will lose absolutely nothing and other weeks I will lose 5 lbs.

If you put that much pressure on yourself you might find yourself really dissappointed which can be demotivating. I think I have seen other revision folks on here as well and they have said with revision, you sometimes lose at a slower rate.

I would follow the plan and enjoy life a bit, if you do that the weight loss will simply happen for you.

You really are doing fantastic!

@@cmblackmon35, congratulations on your loss so far, you are really doing great! I would be very careful about putting a goal out there like losing 25 lbs per month. The reality is you are likely not going to lose that much per month after the first month. It slows down after you get back on regular foods. I have been losing on average 2 lbs per week and that means some weeks I will lose absolutely nothing and other weeks I will lose 5 lbs.

If you put that much pressure on yourself you might find yourself really dissappointed which can be demotivating. I think I have seen other revision folks on here as well and they have said with revision, you sometimes lose at a slower rate.

I would follow the plan and enjoy life a bit, if you do that the weight loss will simply happen for you.

You really are doing fantastic!

@Djmohr thanks a lot.....Me and my husband was talking last night and I realize that I am being to hard on myself....I know the only thing that I can do is continue with my weight loss plan and like you said enjoy my new healthy lifestyle.

I understand how you feel. I lost 30 pounds my first 3 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 5 weeks and I haven't lost anything else. Of course I should Celebrate my 30 pound loss but at the same time it's is hard to look at what very little you are eating and be ok with not losing weight. I am assuming (and hoping) that it's just my body responding to the shock of surgery and rapid weight loss. But still, it can be disheartening getting on the scale and seeing no movement.

@@amanda1025, yes it an be disheartening at times...But I am learning to not get on the scale and see if anything is happening...And I will be at my 5weeks post op on Monday....But being on here has help me so much cause I am realizing that I am not the only one who is dealing with this...And being able to talk to you all is a big help....

You should definitely be celebrating! That means you lost 6.25 lbs each week. It just took me a month to lose that on my pre-op diet. You don't wanna lose too fast because you may be compromising muscle mass. I bet your doctor is happy with your progress and you should be too! Keep up the good work.

I had revision surgery 6 weeks ago and have lost 25lbs. My doctor said to expect slower weight loss after revision. He said to expect 1 to 2 pounds a week. So congratulations your doing great!

Edited by mickally

How about taking measurements? Sometimes you are losing inches when not pounds and it helps. Or go to the store and pick up a 25 pound bag of dog food and you will suddenly realize how much 25 pounds is! :) You are doing great and can't wait to join you! (And you can quote this back to me when I am asking why I am stalled... ;) )

25 pounds is awesome in that short time period, I would say you are right on track. I lost too much weight very rapidly and ended up having my gallbladder out 2 months after my sleeve. I know it's hard but be patient and amazing things will happen!

Thank you all for your support... @@Daisee68, yes I know how much 25lbs is....and picking up a bag you dog food, I wont do...lol. I picked up my husband 25lb weights and that is heavy as crap..lol. But I have come to realize that I am not alone when it comes to this, many gets to this point when they stall when it comes to losing weight....But it is okay....I will get thru this....

Okay I have a question. I just got home from the hospital a few hours ago and before I got into bed I decided to weigh myself and I have gained 7 pounds. I lost 12 prior to surgery and gained 7 of it back in 2 days. Please tell me theres no reason to panic.

don't panic! I did panic lol....I was 17 lbs heavier the day I came home! I freeeeaked out lol. Then they told me it was the fluids and gas...I needed extra fluids, so that's why it was so much. It will go down, promise :)

I'm in same boat no weight loss in 3 weeks I'm 5 week and down only 26pounds what am I doing wrong i eat all my Protein Drink my Water exercise daily and nothing

@@jrp12365, we all had to deal with that after having surgery. And like Luna222 stated it's due to the gas and all the Fluid that is giving to you when and after you had your surgery....And you will loss all of that after a few days..