Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went through the same thing except before i left the hospital the nurses warned me about Fluid retention and gas would cause me to gain weight but with all the fluids they give you, you will just pee it off. Please don't worry this is natural. Good luck and get some rest.

Next week I will be 2mons postop, I've lost 15lbs since surgery, I lost 30, just before surgery. I would love to have lost 25lbs in my 1st month. Now that I am in the gym hopefully the fat weight will come off faster. Overall I cant complain, I feel better than I have in years. I enjoy going to the gym it's loads of fun. And I look forward to skinnier clothes in my future.

@@cmblackmon35, I think you are doing a fantastic job!! One thing I decided before I left the hospital was that I would only weigh myself on Mondays. That has been one of the smartest things I did. I don't worry then every day when my weight might fluctuate. One week I was down 2#, the next 1/2# and the next week 3! I try very hard not to worry too much and to concentrate on eating well and excercising. I have lost 30# in eight weeks and I am thrilled!!!!! Slow and steady means less sagging I hope. lol Keep up the good work. :)

Good morning everyone....I planned on posted this on Wednesday but I was dealing with death in my family. Okay, here is an update...After dealing with the stall that I was having, I took a lot of the advise that was giving by increasing my calories, looking at my exercise workout and everything in between. So I decided to weigh myself on Wednesday and I was down another 4.5lbs. It may not seem like a lot...but it is to me....Thanks for all of the support that you all have not only given to me but to others who are dealing with the same thing...

I did the same thing. I weighed myself day 3 post op and was up 13 pounds from day of surgery weight! I was totally shocked. I am still very bloated and have some minor swelling in my feet so I know there is still a ton of Fluid in there from the surgery. I see the doc for my visit on Monday.

Congrats everyone everything you are talking about is normal gaining. Weight after surgury is from all of the gas and liquids they put in you for surgury loosing 25 pounds is a lot in one month stay focus listen to your doctors get in your Protein and walk the warfighter will come off you will have stalls but stay focus and good luck .

everyone is different. ultimately you will lose if you follow the rules. i lost 30 the first month, 80 the second, im 5.5 months post op and lost 115 now. I had complications early on that made me lose way faster. my mom had it done and she lost 120 in total and it wasnt as fast as me but it happened.

I found that when I wasn't losing the weight I was losing the inches! 25 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome!

I found that when I wasn't losing the weight I was losing the inches! 25 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome!

Thank you....Now that I am 6 weeks post op as of today....I am very please with all the weight that I have loss so far. I know that the reward at the end is having a healthy me and lifestyle. I am enjoying the new journey that I am on when it comes to my weight loss. My husband has been great when it comes to supporting me and has also been my strength trainer since he lift weights. Thanks for all of your advise and support on here. I have found this site a great help when I don't understand something, wondering about something or just need to talk to someone who are dealing with the same issues that I am....

Good morning everyone...I hope that everyone is having a blessed and wonderful day....I have some wonderful news....Some of you know that was talking bout the stall that I was dealing with and it went on for 2 weeks. Last Wednesday I decided to weigh myself and notice that I have loss a few pounds and I was like...Yes...So from last Wednesday to today, I have loss a total of 7lbs...Okay here is the news....I am now under the big 300....Yes I am so proud of myself and knowing that I am doing what it needed to get who I was back...I am loving this new journey that I am on....

bodyweight.png?ts=1427813073