Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

Hey there everyone! I've had my BB for 9 days now.... I am having a love/hate relationship with it. I guess its mostly because it is setting me straight!! :) Before I got the bugg, I used to go to the gym and do 30 min on the treadmill at 15 incline and 3.0 mph. After my time was up, it said I averaged about 500 caloris. WELLL after getting the bugg, I find out that I am only burning like 270. WTH!! Now I now that when I am on the tread, I am holding on for dear life, but I didnt think that by holding on to the treadmill I would losing out on that many calories... It was a bummer at first, but actually it was a real eye opener.

another thing I realized after reading one of the articles on the apex site is that I can stay in the fat burning zone and still lose a good amount of calories as compared to exercising in the cardio zone. That is one thing I was not FULLY aware of. So instead of trying to kill myself on the tread, I can lower the incline a bit and still be as effective. This lil bit of knowledge has totally changed the way I coordinate my work outs.

So in all, I really really really LOVE MY BB. I have been hitting over 1500 deficit (my goal) and I am losing. This is so wonderful. Since being banded, I have gained and lost several times and have only netted a 25lb lost (25lbs in almost 1 year is a slow loser if I ever saw one) But I have hopes that with my band and this BB, I will eventually get to goal.

Thanks to everyone here for all your enthusiasm, which motivated me to get my BB.... :confused:

Hey everyone, LOVE my BB so far. I'm on strike at work and walking the picket line for 4 hours every day, I'm averaging around 17,000-18,000 steps/day and that's before going to the gym. I guess going on strike isn't so bad for someone trying to drop weight. Does anyone know how to enter just a straight calorie meal? I haven't had my consultation yet. We ate out last night and I just wanted to estimate the calories but couldn't figure out how. Is that possible? Thanks!

Buffie

WHat I did when I ate at Texas Roadhouse (cause they don't offer nutritional info!!!) is just look at the already programmed foods and try to find something VERY similar ... like I had chicken strips, so I guesstimated that as the same as 'chicken white meat, breaded, fried' And so forth. Just don't UNDERestimate your intake - cause at the end of it all the program will estimate your calories based on your weightloss, and compare that to your charted intake. This past week mine was only off by an average of 100 calories... I was pleased!!

I think the thing I LOVE about the bodybugg is finally to have that tangible sense of instant gratification...Seeing the actual numbers and the graphs of what and when you've burned calories is soooo motivating for me.

I paid full price for my bugg 4 weeks ago through my gym. HOWEVER, that included entrance into their Ultimate Loser (Like biggest loser show) Competition which includes 1 hour of training sessions 5x a week and 1 nutrition seminar/support group a week for 10 weeks total. I have never worked out so much in my life!!!!

Prior to this I was on a loooong stall. I was really frustrated because I was really starting to crave my old comfort foods and giving in way too much- as you know, the lapband doesn't help as much when you graze on unhealthy foods all day long....Anyway, I was getting scared that even a fill wouldn't help because that would prevent me from eating bulkier healhier foods, but wouldn't help with the grazing issue.

Since getting the BodyBugg and joining the competition, I have learned so much about my body (and self). First contrary to what fitday.com was estimating, I was NOT burning 2700 calories a day. In fact, if mostly sedentary all day (hurry up to get somewhere so I can sit on my butt) I was only burning 1700 calories a day. Through cardio and strength training I am now burning 2400-2600 daily and I am still working to increase that.

After being banded I had "learned" that to lose weight I needed to eat 800-1000 calories a day or I wouldn't lose weight. Well, naturally that got harder and harder to stick to which is probably what led to my bingeing. Now I eat 1200 to 1500 calories daily, and simply make sure I make that 1000 calories daily deficit. 1000 daily for 7 days is 7000 calories. 7000 cals=2 lbs. It works! I have been losing 2 lbs a week and am on track to have lost 8 lbs now by the end of my fourth week!!!

Finally, I am relying less and less on the lapband. I know I am not at an optimal fill because the band only stops me if I try to do a huge binge all at once....which is thankfully rare lately. The lapband has been such an amazing tool for me, and I think of it as training wheels- I am finally to the point of controlling myself and my eating and only needing those training wheels when I lose temporary control and need quick support. Without the band I couldn't have even gotten on "the bike" and now with the BodyBugg I feel like I am finallly in the race of life!!!!

You are SOOOOOOO right!! I LOVE the instant gratification. It totally keeps me moving, constantly pushing myself to take the stairs at work and to walk one more mile, or do 10 more minutes on the elliptical. My bugg is the best motivator I've ever had and has helped me tremedously to realize what I put in my mouth.

I also agree with the relying less on the band part... true, I could never do this without the band!! but I am more in control over my food choices now with the bugg. Before the bugg I would still binge once a week on ice cream, which the band cannot keep out, but having to log a 1/2 gallon cookie dough ice cream totally keeps me away from it!!!

Hey there everyone! I've had my BB for 9 days now.... I am having a love/hate relationship with it. I guess its mostly because it is setting me straight!! :) Before I got the bugg, I used to go to the gym and do 30 min on the treadmill at 15 incline and 3.0 mph. After my time was up, it said I averaged about 500 caloris. WELLL after getting the bugg, I find out that I am only burning like 270. WTH!! Now I now that when I am on the tread, I am holding on for dear life, but I didnt think that by holding on to the treadmill I would losing out on that many calories... It was a bummer at first, but actually it was a real eye opener.

another thing I realized after reading one of the articles on the apex site is that I can stay in the fat burning zone and still lose a good amount of calories as compared to exercising in the cardio zone. That is one thing I was not FULLY aware of. So instead of trying to kill myself on the tread, I can lower the incline a bit and still be as effective. This lil bit of knowledge has totally changed the way I coordinate my work outs.

So in all, I really really really LOVE MY BB. I have been hitting over 1500 deficit (my goal) and I am losing. This is so wonderful. Since being banded, I have gained and lost several times and have only netted a 25lb lost (25lbs in almost 1 year is a slow loser if I ever saw one) But I have hopes that with my band and this BB, I will eventually get to goal.

Thanks to everyone here for all your enthusiasm, which motivated me to get my BB.... :)

You're welcome!!

Lol. Truely, as I've said a million times, the Bugg is an AMAZING tool. I'd have never gotten one though if it weren't for those who owned the Bugg before me... like Puddin - Have you SEEN her pics?? Lol.

I tell you I love this thing. Talk about it keeping you moving. I walk futher to a different toilet at work, on a different floor so I must do steps. I was stepping foot to foot while pumping gas. I'm always trying to add just a little more movement to my day.

Then there's being real about what I stick in my mouth. I was good on fitday for quite a while but that slacked off in the last month or so. As did my weight loss. I tell you this BB has me as enthusiastic about losing weight as I was back in January and February when I was pre-band.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir but this thing ROCKS!

Hello

love reading this thread and seeing how much the Body Bugg has done for everyone...even if there are some days you don't like its honesty:D !!

I thought I had read somewhere on here, but don't have time to reread every post, that after the first of the year, they are coming out with a new design...

is this true??

I may be able to buy a used one now, and wonder if I should wait

please let me know what you all think!

thanks so much!

I never realized how lazy I was, looking at my numbers over the past 2 days, and realizing how LITTLE I'm eating compared to pre-banding, and how much MORE I'm moving, it's no damn wonder I was pushing 300 lbs. And there's no doubt in my mind that if I hadn't been banded, I would be that heavy now.

I love BOTH my bands! WOO!!!

I love the chart on the BB that shows just how much I sit on my ass. I'm planning on little walks during each hour during my work day. I work out heavily, but I don't burn much otherwise during the week.

I mean at home doing laundry and cleaning house I burned more than working out for an hour and sitting at my desk the rest of the day. Interesting, no?

that's why I love my bugg = I can see that cleaning up the house, sweeping, laundry, etc., helps. It really is eye-opening. When I'm at work, I would pace while talking on the phone, walked between emails, walked to farther bathroom, etc....it does add up...

hi,

there are different opinions on this topic. i tend to think i'd rather burn 400 cals an hour while staying mostly in the cardio zone versus 220 cals an hour in the fat burning zone ... **shrug**

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/debunking-fat-burn-vs-cardio-heart-rate-myth-41136/

I just received the bodybugg display and I don't really get it. The minute I put it on it gave me a 1300 calorie number for the day so I assumed that it would need to be on for a while to get an accurate reading. Is the display giving you an estimate of the calories it thinks that you are burning up based on the entire day? Like right now it says that for today I am 1345 calories and it is 10:00 AM in the morning? So I guess my question is what does the calorie for the day really mean to me on the display.

When i downloaded the activity it has me down as burning 556 calories since Midnight so I don't know what this watch is telling me since it is twice that number?

One week down and I lost 4 pounds....ummm 2 were because TOM was around and I always gain at least 2 pounds of Water retention but, the other 2 were definately from the bugger :) I'm excited things are finally moving again including myself lol. Just got off the phone with my trainer for the 2nd session. She changed my caloric intake by 100 and my cals burn by the same. Kinda hard to meet the burn at a desk job but, I'm pushing myself and I've had a 1000 cal deficit every day so far. I had to confess to having the lapband because I was only eating on average 991 cals a day..some days it was 650 I think one day was just a little over 1000. She said I must be starving ummmm well ok I have to tell ya my stomach is the size of an egg. Then she understood and showed me how I can move the caloric intake and burn figures myself to adjust things. I'm still loving it but, has anyone had an issue with your arm getting a bit sore form the metal part being constantly on your skin? I've tried moving it around but, it getting a bit sore all over. Almost like a rash wanting to start.

I love the bug... I definitely need that someone in my life to keep me honest!!

I have found that I don't really use the digital display though. Those messages are so annoying! They scroll twice...and it takes forever for them to move across the screen. i wish it was more like my heart rate monitor watch and that I could track my heart rate as well.

<p>You know, I had a little bit of that metal soreness thing...I ended up moving the darn thing around - wore it on my left tricep, wore it on either calf under my clothes, and generally moved it around 'til it didn't hurt. And, before you ask, the crap about it having to be on your right tricep only is garbage...its basically a computer running logs that don't change due to location...</p>