Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

I'm finally scheduled for my sleeve surgery on May 12! I had it postponed twice because of a blood clot in my leg.

May 13th, I'm getting really nervous. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow, I haven't been really following the pre-surgery liquid diet so I don't think I've lost weight since my last appointment. Will this be a big deal since I'm already approved and have a scheduled surgery date?

Afternoon to all you may sleevers going in next Thursday 14 th may sounds like a busy time for all drs to be

Have been on Optifast all past week but had a small meal everyday I do get hungry after tea though so I still have a small snack however I will opt for a shake until op comes along for the next week

Hope you all do really well in the future post op that is

Edited by missmuffet

Surgery next Thursday... I'm not scared I just don't have time to think about it... Still on the preop diet... I have replace one shake for a lean meat and some veggies....

Hi there

Having my op next week on the 14th

as i was diagnosed with Bi Polar 15 years ago and from being 8 stone now an awesome 96.5 kg it has affected my health in many ways

looking forward to op hope to chat soon

:unsure: what have ur thoughts been on operation

My surgery is also the 14th....

I'm getting super nervous - it's not like a bad hair cut - it's forever.

May 18th

Getting sleeved in a few hours. . .Yikes

Anyone having it done on 18th? That's my date.

I am also the 18th

I got sleeved May 4th

I am tired of being limited to liquids and hearing I'm not really hungry that it's head hunger. Anybody else feel the same??

My surgery is also May 14th. My Dr.put me on a two week high Protein diet. Not a liquid diet. I think I got lucky! Dr Wiess in Lexington Ky.

First, CONGRATS to all newly sleeved!!! how exciting!!!!!

Wow my journey is still a rollercoaster, I've been waiting 2 full weeks for my approval and they rejected it. I did all my requirements including 6 weight checks, but insurance is counting weight checks as 5 months instead of the required 6 months. Apparently one month is from first weight check until the second weight check, so i have my final weight check next week 5/15. All other paperwork looked great, so insurance stated they will approve after 5/15. Because of the positive feedback the coordinator has scheduled me with a surgery date of June 1st. This all happened yesterday (on my bday), i cried when insurance gave me the bad news, but the coordinator then brought me back up with pre scheduling me.

I've had so many setbacks, First, i was told my ins required 3 months so I originally finished all requirements in january and even submitted all paperowork.

Apparently, the insurance changed their req as on 2015 from 3 months to 6 mths and I was the lucky one to feel this change before anyone. There I go trying to stay positive after feeling devastated but i continued, so after yesterday's bad news I was in shock and went num. after coordinator scheduled me, i felt like this surgery will happen for me. I have to stay positive, there is no option.

My apologies for the rant....