Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

Ok I don't know how to send you a message. But I need your email address don't I ?

sorry, I am being so dumb tonight. I read a post about starting a smaller group for June. But Noe I can't find it. But is someone is still doing this. This question was for you.

Hello to everyone! I see some new names so welcome :)

@@mclorrie I hope it all works out like you planned. That would be disappointing to have to wait another month.

@@Seahawkgirl - That stinks! I hope the get a spot in the schedule and you make get your June date. Hang in there.

@xrayyoung22- psych eval was a breeze, and I was nervous like you were. Dont worry!

@@butterfly56 - that was on page 22 ftom CandyCrushVSG. You can go to her profile and send her an ed mail from there.

Well, I too may end up moving to July. I just got a new position at work, and I am not sure if I can handle both at the same time. I will be thinking this over as I wait for my final visit on 5/18.

Just returned from my fifth Dr. supervised weight loss, and I'm happy to say that May 19th will be my sixth and final appointment! I didn't take into effect that I met with my primary care physician in December, which counted as the first of six appointments! Whew! So glad I asked! I was a little worried!!

My last appointment, we'll go over everything make sure I completed all the necessary steps (which I have). My surgeon and weight loss team will review my case, to make sure I'm a good candidate for WLS. After they approve it, then it will be submitted to insurance for approval! I can't believe it's finally becoming a reality!!

My pre-op diet consists of 1200 calories (per day) which includes Protein Shakes to be sure I'm up on my Protein before surgery, because I won't feel much like drinking protein for a few days afterwards. After my two week pre-op diet, I'll have a two day liquid diet - then surgery. . .

Oh! And I've lost a total of 14 lbs to date, I'm doing well on my journey and said that my meals are well balanced. So I'm right on task! I just wish this next month flies by so I can be on the losers bench!

@@Seahawkgirl - I really hope you get a June date! I've seen on this board that several people got their surgery moved up! I'll pray for you!!

@@mykdzmom - You've got to be a June sleever too! You, Seahawkgirl and I are all in this together! Do you have a peer that can be your back up while you're out of the office? I'll be praying that things work out for you too! :-)

To everyone else, welcome to the June Sleevers Club!

Edited by mclorrie

Greetings everyone..i've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and just joined today. I too am scheduled for a June surgery. I'm quite suprise how muchs everyone has to do to get approved. For BCBS of MI i was told by the office that there is no pre-approval all i have to do is complete a physch eval and submitted paperwork from my doc about supervised diet...done and done...But i still have to complete lab work, chest x-ray, EDG, EKG etc at the doctors request. as i read the all these helpful forum it seem so much more real..glad i found this group for support

@@jentenorio, welcome and wow... You are blessed. I have sharp healthcare in CA, and they require, 6 months of supervised weight loss with THREE different diet plans like weight watchers for 6 months then jenny Craig for another 6 then medifast (for examples). So after a year and a half then I probably still don't be approved b/c I don't have another medical issue (yet). Like diabetes, high blood pressure, and/or problems with my knees where I can't walk well. Aaarrrgg... So that is why I've saved and am having my surgery in mexico. But I'm also feeling some of you guys pain in that my sister was going to come and be with me for my June 8 surgery, but now can't d/t work, I may have to wait another week!!! To June 15th. And they are going to have me out for 3 weeks (since in a nurse they are going to require that I be cleared to lift 50lbs before returning to work). Which would also put me post fourth of July... Returning to work...and time and a half pay. So disappointed there too. Anyway, in the long run, it will all be done and we will all have a tool to use to become healthier!!!

Edited by cmhueto

I'm hoping for June 17th with Dr. Zavalza! I have to get checked by my doctor first but about 79% sure I'll be sleeved this June! So excited!

I've changed doctors! My new surgery date is June 1!!

I've changed doctors! My new surgery date is June 1!!

Hey My date is June first too!!!! I am so excited and a little nervous to be honest. I don't know anyone who has had WLS so I have nothing to compare to or really know what to expect.

@@mclorrie Thank you! So happy for you!! I'm better now - a few weeks is not going to make a difference to the YEARS of better life I will have. We're going to be awesome!!

@@mykdzmom I'll hope we both go in June, but if not, we can be July buddies!!

Edited by Seahawkgirl

Good Luck!!! Planning my surgery for early July as well!!!

I've paid my deposit and bought plane tickets! I'm locked in so my nerves can't get the best of me lol June will be here quick!!!

Hi all...I'm not sure why I haven't seen this topic before now...but I'm glad I found it! My daughter and I are scheduled for our surgery June 2nd in Cabo! I am so excited! One month from today! Woohoo! We start our pre-op diet in 15 days...which seems to be sneaking up very quickly. We ran up against every road block with insurance and then started looking at Mexico for surgery as an option. After reading all the never ending hoops that some folks are needing to jump through just to get healthy, drives me crazy! ughhhh!