Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*April* Bandits June Challenge

It is so great to see this thread so active!

I was supposed to be home on Sunday eve............but, we had a little glitch getting out of DC back to NYC - our plane was delayed and that caused us to miss our Jet Blue connection back to Portland (only plane of the day).............so a long story later....we flew into Oakland, CA, rented a car and drove to Sacramento, CA visiting with our set of kids/grandkids here...........on Thurs we're packing a couple of the grandkids into the rental car and driving home to Portland - they'll visit with us and their cuz's and fly back home in a couple of weeks..........nice to be retired so that the unexpected can happen.........the grandkids are happy and so are we............although a bit exhaused because we were up a solid 2 days in a row...........could not have done that before April 2006!

To answer your question Boo - about the Julie/Betty/Alan meeting........

I loved being able to hug Julie and sit next to her in the restaurant and have the face to face experience.............but, it was it a bit more awkward than I thought it would be............Julie, I think I'm in a bit of awe of your accomplishments - your are so bright and articulate! Hope we can get the chance to meet again in a slower pace situation (NW bandits get together).........and have the change to relax and just gab..............with maybe just us bandits around!

I can't wait to get home and get to the gym on Friday.........my body is crying out for some upper body work...........my Buns and knees and ankles are very sore from all the walking...........got on my kids scale and it looks pretty good - no gain at least - I was very good (not great) on our trip!

Well, I had a great run today. Really great. I walked 3 miles to the gym then got on the treadmill and did an easy 3 miles at an 11 min base pace with 6 90 second intervals at a 9 min pace. That really energized me. I'd read somewhere that speed training like that burns more calories and keeps your "afterburn" going longer, so I thought I'd test it out for a few workouts and see if I feel a difference. I'll keep you posted.

Boo, to answer your question, Betty is a delight and was exactly what I expected in person. I'd met people in person whom I only knew online before, so it didn't seem strange to me. Betty, if you sensed awkwardness from me, it might have been because I felt so bad for Alan having to listen to all of our band talk and I was awkwardly trying to talk about other things with him! Poor guy for having to listen to the band this, the band that....Anyway, I'm glad you finally made it home, I enjoyed meeting you and I hope to see you again soon.

I wonder where Eficka and Amourette are this month?

Nite all.

Day TWO at the gym this morning! Am I smoking or what????

Wait.....Don't answer that........ :)

My thighs and arms really feel it! I am HUNGRY though.

Good job girls! Katie, don't worry about being slow -- it will get easier and you will get faster. When I first came home from the hospital, my surgeon had me walking 30 min a day. I had to divide it into 3-10min sessions. Then I upped it to 30 minutes a day - no problem. 10 days after the surgery, he increased my exercise to an hour a day. Then, it took me an hour to walk 2 miles and I was SOO pooped! Now I can walk 3 miles in an hour and feel good afterward. (Like a Sweathog, but good!) Keep up the good work everyone!:clap2:

Well, I ate crap today. Seriously -- like no nutritional value to what I ate. My trainer will beat it out of me tonight, so it's probably not a big deal weight wise, but I just can't seem to get ahead of the food deamon! Grrrr.

Sorry haven't been checking in lately, too busy chasing boys, hehehe only joking, there is a nz thread on here now for me too which is nice, but i am trying to stay off the internet less than before. I am doing ok, been eating around the band also, probably too many chardonnays also, very naughty, reading the thread will get me on the treadmill tomorrow though, I really miss it..........but otherwise life is just the same, working, paying the mortgage, trying internet dating ( well THAT is a whole other topic) hehehe!!!!! Oh and I am getting a new nephew in November in Atlanta, yipeeeee!

Love to you all

Fi aka amourette!!!!

Good to hear from you Amourette. Chase those boys and make 'em cry, ok? Wink.

I had a GREAT run this morning with my friend Bob. 4 miles, 42 minutes, feeling refreshed and ready for the day (and the weekend, woohoo!). Tomorrow I'm going on a run with my friend Jonna (I'm really liking this running with friends thing, in case you hadn't picked up on that!), then Sunday is the 5 mile fathers' day race to cure prostate cancer. So, lots of running on the agenda this weekend.

I read an article in the NYT yesterday about running classes to make sure you have the best possible form to avoid injury. I'm going to look into that.

I'm so happy to be home! Arrived last eve after a 11 hour car trip with a couple of the grandkids....................yippee................slept in my own bed for the first time in 2 weeks.....................love to go places, but guess it's a sign of growing old when you love to come home more!

Thought I'd hit the gym this morning, but I can't face washing all those loads of clothes and the gym in the same day. "Rhett honey, I'll think about it tomorrow!"

Have a great week-end all.

Julie, have fun on all those runs.....................I did ok on our trip (with food)....................did almost great until we hit our kids house on Monday..............they have "junk" in every cranny................I did gain a couple of lbs in the 2 weeks......................back to home and "normalcy".

I promise - today, back to "my" bandster rules, tomorrow NIA!

Julie - 5 miles of running in any time sounds good to me! I'm going to try to get my little sprints in when we do our walks on Tues and Thurs.

Just got back from a great Father's day dinner at my daughter's...........had fun with all the kids/grandkids.

Well, I've been to the gym 2 days in a row............I'm back in the groove..................and happy to be home.

Hey Julie! Great job! Is that per mile? That is awesome.

I ran 5 miles yesterday. Tonight will be an easy jog night. I've just heard about a run this next weekend that I want to enter. I'm scared that it might be longer than I am conditioned for, but the cause is too important to miss the race.

Running tip: Try on some support hose. Not only are my legs not jiggling, but my time is faster. Also, for distances, vaseline in crevises helps avoid heat and friction rashes.

Hugs to everyone!

Betty, I'll write you with my summer plans. Maybe we can meet up there.

Can't change my ticker, so I lost count. I believe I am on 11 or 12 this month. Also, I am hovering just above 160. PLEASE wish me luck moving into the 50's!!!

hello ladies:-)

Im back from Greece:-)

Where to begin? I didnt eat very well in Greece but that was ok cause it was holiday and I gained "only" 4 pounds, but since I came back home I cant get back to my eating routine.Need your help:-)

Im going to the gym but then I eat something sweet or fat,cant ressist it.Before I somehow learned how to controll my food now the food is controlling me and I dont like it.

Im gonna try again today to eat healthy without any sweets, wish me luck:-)

I see everybodys progress and Im happy for you and just a little bit jealous *wink*:-)

Hi all,

quick note... I am off the Europe tomorrow and I don't know if I will have access. I am over my horrible run, I ran 7.5 k last weekend and it felt good... so I guess I will be okay.

I am in Ontario, and on a new scales here, but I am down a few pounds.

I hope you all have a great summer. I will post if I can, but if not I will 'see' you all in August!!!

Best of luck.

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

358/173/165

Exercise... ohh I haven't counted but still doing 5 times a week.