Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*April* Bandits June Challenge

Can we all just pause for a minute and discuss how FABULOUS TracyinKS is looking?? WOW -- what a difference in your progressive face shots, Tracy! You look wonderful! You must be feeling like a million bucks.

Good luck on your race tomorrow, Dawn! We're going to do great. Can't wait to hear how it went for you and to tell you about mine.

Take care, Julie

I am amazed at you guys -- I would love to be able to run. Running 6 miles is like a miracle to me! I think that will be a goal of mine. We have a Coca-Cola 10K run in our town each May; I will set a goal to enter that race and run at least part of the way. Julie, you asked about my exercise goals; right now I am walking 2 miles a day. I started after my surgery. At first it took me about an hour to walk the 2 miles. As of today, it only takes me 40 minutes, so I will be adding another mile. That is a big milestone for me. I am also swimming in the pool everyday for at least 30 minutes. If I don't swim the entire time, I walk laps in the shallow end. My teenage sons have a Wii and the boxing game gives a really good work out -- you really get to sweating! It's a lot of fun, so I think I will add that to my workout as well. Keep up the good work girls! :clap2:

I LOOOVVVEEE the Wii! A boxing game sounds like great exercise. Maybe I need to get a Wii. They're so fun. I love the tennis too -- it's another alternative hig energy game.

I finished my 10K in 1:08. I was really happy with that!

Hello all. I posted on the Shrinking Violets today too. I just got home from vacation today. Didn't eat right on vaca for 8 days. Just ate whatever was put in front of me. I didn't eat a bunch of crap, only sweet I had all week was a piece of carrot cake but I didn't eat good. I didn't stay below 1000 cals a day. I just totally forgot all about the fact that I had surgery in April to help me lose weight and on Wed. I go for my 2nd fill. I know I will have gained weight and I feel terrible about it now. Why didn't I feel terrible when I was eating like the old me on vacation?? I am not looking for sympathy, I just want to let everyone know it's just not worth it. I wish I hadn't gone on vacation with my family, ISNT that Terrible?? I hope that this post helps someone get through their vacation in the diet mindset. It just isn't going to be worth it when I get on that scale on Wednesday.

I'm back on-line.............just realized the hotel we are staying at in Washington, DC has free internet............anyway in just one more day we will be on our way to our northwest home - I'm ready.......it seems like eash trip we take is about 3 days too long! But.........we've had a great time.........spent a couple of days in Hoboken, NJ at Alan's 50th college reunion...........I even had fun............a few really nice "wives" who hung out while the guys "talked old times". Then into NYC where it was great to meet Julie........................recognized her immediately - she is so pretty...................and YOUNG...........Alan and I are almost old enough to be her grandparents..................thanks Julie for taking the time to meet up..............hopefully you'll make the trip out to the northwest soon and we'll get to know each other even better! We've been in "our nations capital" (Alan used to say that to our kids when he traveled to Washington, DC on business) since Wed.................heading home tomorrow eve (Sun).

WELL - we have not stopped walking since we left home on the 31st........so, I'll have 10 days to post when I get home! I really mean walking............like 6 - 10 hours a day! Everything I own hurts!

Welcome all you new 2007 April baby bandits.

I'll write more when I get home.

Well... this has been the toughest hurdle for me, and I admit that I didn't want to share, but here is goes.

I ran my 10 km on Saturday and nothing worked well. Yes I finished, but oh was it ugly. I am still not sure what happened... I mean I could understand falling apart in the last few km, but frankly 5 km is usually easy now and I was sucking wind and dying at 2km! It was hot with a lot of direct sunlight pouring down, so maybe that was it. I have never run in anything hot. I felt totally dehydrated and every step was awful. My first half I managed ok time, but by7 km I was running 1 minute and walking 3. Which is no where where I should be according to my training.

So... my time was 1:18 and it was ugly... just ugly. The time doesn't bother me too much, but I can't fathom was it was so horrific from 2 km on. They actually asked me at 5 km (it was a loop) if I wanted to stop... yikes you know I am looking sad.

Anyhow, a day off on Sunday and a weight work out today and tomorrow it will be a run again.

Yep... I do not feel like a runner today.

Julie... congrats on your race. You actually helped me get through. I kept saying Julie is doing this, I can do it too.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/175/165

Exercise sessions this month = 7

Dawn,

You're being hard on yourself when, really, you've done something great. 1:18 is a perfectly respectable time and walking gets you to the finish line just as running does. You finished. You completed a race that was over 6 miles long. Fourteen months ago you weighed nearly 200 lbs more than you do now. As hard as the race was, just look at what you've accomplished!

I bet the heat got to you. I have days like that too, definitely. Some days are good runs and some days aren't. I think the best solution might be to go on and sign up for another one.

Did you get a medal? They gave out medals at my race. I love it. I almost wore it to the office today. Wink.

Hey all,

I guess I am just a baby bandit, was banded apr 9 07 and haven't lost much yet. I go for my 2nd fill on Wednesday this week. But today I had my first "real" workout since my surgery. I just haven't been motivated but today I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. I am going to go as much as possible and do 45 minutes. Maybe in July I will be going for the Gold. I just got back from vacation where I ate so bad. I think that is what has motivated me to get going. I feel tired right now, and have to go into work at 2:30 but I will feel better about myself if I start exercising regularly. I hope you all are having a great day.

Katie,

I didn't lose at all between going on solid foods and my third fill, then all at once the weight started coming off. Hopefully, your second fill will be the magic one, but if it isn't, don't be discouraged. You're going to get there. And with your phenomenal attitude about exercise, you're sure to be dropping like crazy in no time!

Thanks Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I have to be fair..

my first pic.. I was devestated.. and my ultimate low point.. I had just faced the scale and was soooooooo depressed.... I sat the camera on my dresser and punched the self timer and there I was....... it's almost painful for me to look at that first pic everyday, but its also theraputic..

the second pic was 4:00 a.m. the morning before surgery I was happy and down a bit in pounds...... still no makeup or hair....... pic three I did actually do my hair and makeup as we were on our adults only weekend... I was happy to be in smaller clothes and happy to be away from work, and Happy in general.........

My BIG BIG BIG news is that I just returned home from signing up with a gym!!!!!!!!!!

My first workout will be tomorrow at 5:00 a.m.!!!!!!!!!! OMG what have I committed too??? :D

I must go to bed now so that when the alarm goes off at 4:30 a.m. I won't bash it in.....

(I bought some workout pants too.........) GO ME!!!!

Tracy, you do look very pretty in your picture!

I just can't get over the fact that Dawn and Julie both ran 10K's on the same day! It is as if you are living in some kind of parallel universe. I think you both had fantastic times. Dawn, I don't know why your time wasn't your best, but there are some issues that I encountered on my 5K. The huge crowd of runners gave me trouble in the beginning. It took time to get away from the pack, and it took time to get to my own pace. The other challenge for me was that I felt nervous to do well. Running is my private time. I run in the dark and reflect. With such a huge crowd in broad daylight, I felt pressured and that caused my heartrate to go up. It is so important to stay relaxed while running to mentally and physically keep the heart beating at a lower pace. Please don't beat yourself up over it. I want to do better on my next 5K, and now you have me thinking about a 10K.

So, hooray for all the inspiration! And Julie, I completely understand about the medal. I still have my 2nd place trophy displayed.

I can't change anything in my signature yet, but i AM running and doing great. I may not be able to check in as often as I like until my computer is fixed.

It is great to hear from our '07 friends!!!

(Julie, I forgot to answer your dancing question. I love many forms of dance. Recently, I was performing in a musical revue, so rehearsals and performances really gave me a lot of exercise. I REALLY want to take a Salsa class. And Armenian dancing is really fun and aerobic. I used to be heavy into hip=hop and am thinking about trying that again. Dancing really drops the weight for me.)

Betty, you are quite the trooper with all of your walking. Did it feel strange to meet in person, or did you feel like you knew each other?

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Fricken DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up and went to the gym! I worked out for 1 hour, and I was sweating like a stuck pig! but like fellow violet Pamela says........

"NO ONE EVER REGRETS WALKING OUT OF THE GYM!"

I am so PROUD of myself!<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I am so proud of all of you guys! You are such an inspiration! Running in a 10K PERIOD is such an awesome accomplishment! The times sound great to me! Tracy - kudos to you for joining the gym (and for going!) I am headed out for my 3 mile walk. Later,

guys!

Julie-Thanks for the encouragment!! I am headed to the gym again today. I will do 45 minutes again. It is around 2 miles so I know I am slow right now, but like Tracy said I sweat like I haven't seen exercise in ages!! Man am I a sweat demon! I hate my sweaty butt! Oh well, I am looking forward and not back, I am a sweathog now, but any day we will be able to say sweat princess LOL.

Have a great day all!!! 2nd fill tomorrow, wish me luck!