Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*April* Bandits June Challenge

I'm on my way up to Olympia to get unfilled - having large size problems since last Wed eve...................Boo, Aug 5th sounds great..........we'll talk! I agree with you Boo and Julie about all the thoughts..........just don't have the time to enter into the discussion right now...........whatever you both decide will be great..................

Life has been hectic the past few days (weeks?)..............

Will return tomorrow and get back to you all!

Thank you for your kind words, Boo. I'm going to give some thought to the title of the thread and the way to introduce it, and I'll launch it within a couple of days. Until then, let's keep using the June thread.

OK guys, I started the new thread. It's in the Support forum, not the General forum. It's called "Passing for Thin" and can be found at the following link (I hope, if I did it right):

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/passing-thin-support-thread-those-approaching-goal-37513/

I hope everyone will join the discussion, as you are all very important to me.

Betty, Betty, Betty...I hope you are doing better and that nothing serious is wrong. Twice I have had major issues and the unfill easily did the trick. It is alarming that our stomachs bleed so easily. Whenever I have pain from eating something too spicy or acidic or too fast, etc., I'm worried that my stomach is being damaged. Pain means something is wrong! So, please heal quickly and enjoy your new body. It is not worth it to be TOO tight! We do need to eat and drink to stay alive.

Julie, you are wonderful! I'll go to the link now. Because I'm a little "blond," it took me a minute or so to figure out what "passing for thin" meant. (Oh, she means running and passing everybody in a race....er, no...uh, maybe she means getting thin quicker? passing out from hunger or dehydration? er, no...Je ne sais pas!! OH, I get it!! The outside/inside connection...hahaha! Cool! Uh, oh...that better be right!)

Happy 4th everyone!!

Hello Fellow Banders,

I've been away for a long time. I've tried to do this on my own and I've finally accepted that I need your support and help. You are all amazing women who are soooo inspirational. I'm sorry that I just disappeared and that I didn't respond to any private messages. I'm doing okay and now that I've finally have some restriction I'm starting to lose weight. People are starting to notice that I'm losing weight but whenever they make a comment, I react by eating foods that will slip through the band. Does anyone else have trouble taking a compliment? You were all so wonderful to me pre-surgery and I would LOVE an opportunity to help you all. I want so badly to succeed but I need your help to do it. I'm seeing a therapist, I'm exercising and for once in my life, I'm actually hopeful about my weight. You were all so helpful and kind to me and you all offered wonderful and practical wisdom. I'd really appreciate your help.

I hope that all of your are well and happy.

With love, Sheila

PS I need to update my ticker and my signature. LOTS of things have changed. =)

Hello ladies,

I have been away for a while cause I went on vacation to my parents' summerhouse.

I was looking for July thread but theres none. I saw Julies thread but nowhere near my goal so Im confused:-)

I hope you all are doing great.

xxx Eva

Sheila and Eficka,

Come on over to the new thread. It doesn't have to be exclusively about goal issues and we're doing the exercise challenge over there. We really just wanted to open up a discussion for more experienced bandsters (i.e. 1+ years out) in a way that would generate more participation than the exclusively April thread has been getting for the last couple of months.

Please join us!

Take care, Julie