Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*April* Bandits June Challenge

Well, I broke down and made a fill appt today. I've been bouncing up and down the same 4 lbs for nearly 2 months now and I think I'm just going to have to go a little tighter. Somewhere between my current level and the level I was before my unfill, undoubtedly. Hopefully that will push me to make more conscious choices.

Dawn, we'll surely miss you on your LOOONNNGGG Euro voyage! Have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Eficka, I wish I had the secret to the food control but I just don't. Hang in there. Maybe we'll find the motivation together.

Boo, tell me more about your run next weekend. I'm running one as well. Another 5 miler. It'll be my 6th qualifying race for the NYC marathon, if I decide to do that. I at least plan to run the 9 training races, even if I don't do the actual marathon. I'm just not sure it's a goal of mine....

Betty, so glad you're back in the groove. Have fun at Nia.

I haven't had much time to post lately with adjusting to the wonderful world of work. I am doing ok though, I am getting used to not having midday naps and only getting 7hrs a night. I am happier and more productive. Yesterday I even went to the gym ;)! I will be heading there again today after work and hopefully everyday this week :) I sure hope this makes the scales move because I need some serious motivation help! Great job on your run Julie all of you runners amaze me. Hopefully by the end of summer I will be running!

Good to hear from you, Molly. That is great that you fit a workout in while adjusting to a work schedule. One of my biggest downfalls to start my gain was the fact that I felt tired after work and rationalized staying home to relax (eat, nap, computer, tv) instead of going to the gym regularly. You WILL have MORE energy!!! It is as if you have two days in one. An entirely new energy comes over you after the workout and there is so much more to accomplish and look forward to. ALSO, exercising helps the skin, heart, appetite, weight loss, and to get rid of the blues. YEAH for Molly!!!

Julie, kudos to you! I have no desire to run a marathon. I just don't want to injure my joints from stress. BUT, you inspired me to step it up a bit. I ran 5 miles last night. Well, I ran 4.7 miles in 48 minutes, then walked the last .3 cause I thought I was already done. My husband drove the route and checked the odometer. The toughest part of my run is a half-mile steep hill. But at the end, it is downhill! I like this route for training, but for timing purposes I need to find less incline to my run. Are you happy with your little GPS watch?? I looked at some yesterday. Any tips? I can't have my husband driving around with me every night!

I'll post again later, but I am SO close to the 50's!!

A little fill can always do the trick! Even if it is slightly tight, it will kick start the loss again, then a slight unfill after a few weeks to level off can help. When I consulted with a PS about a TT, he told me I was done with my weight loss (14 pounds ago!) He said that you really only lose a certain amount, then plateau and you're done. It was a very discouraging conversation, but what I needed to get my butt in gear again. I will prove him wrong!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Give thanks for this great new life we all share and the ability we have to move our bodies!!

XOXO

PS: Eficka, we can ALL relate to your predicament. You have our empathy. When we have set backs, we just have to come on here, be accountable for our exercising, get some support, and move ahead. That is exactly what you have done. You will be fine and you will get back on track very soon!

Amourette!!! It is always such a treat to hear from you. We think about you even when you don't post, so never apologize. Take care!!

I'm reading and keeping up with all of you bandits.................but, am busy with all the grandkids this and next week...........so, don't have a lot of "extra" time - also, they've stolen the computer from me..........I have to beg to "get on".

Am getting in my daily dose of exercise, either walking or the gym, but the food situation has not been great............I do need a bit of a "refill" also............I'm up a couple of lbs and angry at myself! It's hard with the kids around...........too much junk around and it's finding "my trunk"!

I woke up this morning and have been doing self talk........like get it in gear Betty..............Boo, I think the PS is sort of right in a way and yes we do have to work much harder at this point to prove him wrong! Boo, by the way, please let me know your plans for coming up this way.

Molly, welcome back and keep up the good work. Amourette, Effika - thinking about you both.................Dawn, you're probably on your way already..................sounds wonderful.................Julie, yes, we are at the hard part.............getting that last 20-30 lbs off..............I am fully at fault tho - I've been bouncing for months...................don't know why it's so hard at this point to just go back to the beginning and follow my rules that worked so well? The exercise part is good..............I've made that a part of my life that I miss - if I miss -....................dealing with food is another thing entirely - as we all know!

Boo, Run to the store, don't walk, and get a Garmin GPS! I loooovvvee mine. Wow, do I love it. It's a tiny bit bulky, but it's very light and doesn't bother me at all once I put it on. It works extremely well and I find it to be astonishingly accurate as to distance (it claims to always be accurate within 10 feet and I believe it) and time per mile. What I don't trust it quite so much on is what speed it reports I'm running at any one given moment in time (meaning it often says I'm running faster than I know I am, or slower than I know I am, so it washes out to being correct in the end, but since it doesn't maintain satellite connection at every second, it can be wildly off when it's looking at one moment versus, say, 1/2 a mile). I love it and I'll never run outside without it again. They're listed as being priced in the $350s, but I found mine on Amazon for $250. That's a pretty low price for as high tech a gadget as it is. You need it!

Betty, I'm not making good food choices. I know that's 90% of my problem. Even as I'm sitting here having run 4 miles this morning, I'm eating a quesidilla and potato chips for lunch. I'm not eating that much of them, so with the run I probably won't gain, but I never would have DREAMED of eating high fat crap like that a year ago. That said, I do not accept that this is the end of the weight loss train for me. If I can claw my way to the 50s, I can let PS take me to a normal BMI (136). That's my goal and I WILL reach it (she says as she throws out the chips).

Yes, Julie - you said it all! Now - we need to get "it" back! "It" was so great! I'm clawing my way with you!

I signed up for the NYC Marathon today.

I'm GOING to get to goal weight and I'm going to do it by running the marathon on November 4, 2007. I also joined a charity team and pledged to raise $2,500 for "Team for Kids" whose goal it is to develop programs to combat childhood obesity. I'm going to train for this for four months and when I'm done I'm going to be at goal. GOAL ladies -- GOAL. Nothing short of a normal BMI in four months. DO YOU HEAR ME scale GODS?? DO YOU HEAR ME QUESADILLAS? There'll be no more of you! My body is going to need to be as efficient as possible to make it through 26.2 miles!

That's my news for today. Pretty big news!

Boo, Julie, Guysis thank you for your support. Im back on track, but it doesnt give me the good feeling, you know the one when you feel that you can move a mountain and that all about excercising and eating is great.

I still go to the gym and eat as I should but it doesnt make me happy but eating junk wouldnt make me happy either.

Ok I know what it is I havent had my normal BM in three days.Im used to use the bathroom like 3x a day and now hardly once a day.I just feel so full and no teas or pills help.

It might be the risotto I had on weekend monday+tuesday but it had more vegetable than rice in it.

Sorry for this info but it really is why I feel so weird.

Eficka, hang in there. It takes a few days of being good to clean out your system and then you will have that light and happy feeling again.

I hate to admit it, but I am struggling with food, also. I'm doing better, but just keep having issues with Protein. I need much more than I am getting. I rely on dairy, cause I just don't like meat that much. I will really try to improve in this area. If I am getting enough Protein, then my appetite for sweets or bad stuff is diminished.

Thanks for the lift, Julie! I love your resolve! And I am very close to ordering a Garmin.

Well, last night I changed up my course and ran no big hills. That gave me a four mile run in 34 minutes, with a 5th mile walked. My goal is to run another 5K in 28:00, and a 10K in close to an hour.

This weekend I'm forming a team to run in "Relay for Life," which celebrates cancer survivors. It is a 24 hour relay. I feel bad for the runners that have the hot afternoon and the 3:00 a.m. shift. Hopefully, I'll have about two hours of running/walking.

I'm frustrated at my weight. PLEASE scale GODS, GIVE ME A BREAK!!! (Does this work, Julie?) I'm GOING to break into the 50's and then the 40's and hopefully the 30's by CHRISTMAS!!!

If I am getting enough Protein, then my appetite for sweets or bad stuff is diminished....

That gave me a four mile run in 34 minutes, with a 5th mile walked....

PLEASE scale GODS, GIVE ME A BREAK!!! (Does this work, Julie?)....

I'm GOING to break into the 50's and then the 40's and hopefully the 30's by CHRISTMAS!!!

OK, Boo, I think you just taught me something. If you get enough Protein, your appetite for the bad stuff wanes? COOL. I didn't know that. That could very well be what's going on with me. Maybe I don't need a fill, maybe I need to commit to just eating right for three or four days and let the cravings get out of my system. I've DEFINITELY not been getting the protein I need for the last couple of weeks (while I've been having my little food traumas). OK, today I'm going to get my protein in and stay distracted so I don't have candy issues. The weekend is easier for me, food wise, so it's good timing.

4 miles in 34 minutes? Boo, you're my hero! Geeze, that's FAST.

Yes, pleading with the scale gods works. It burns calories to scream.

Boo, we'll both be in the 30s by Christmas. Let's make it happen.

I ran 4.3 miles this morning and am running a 5 mile race tomorrow morning. Woohoo!

Good weekend to all.

One grandkiddie hit the road (flew home) on Thurs, one grandkiddie hit the trail with her uncle, aunt and cuz's (motor home trip to the beach for a couple of days).............so, Alan and I are "a couple" again..........the grandaughter will be back for a few more days and then I'm getting rid of all the junk in the house.................I'm mostly keeping away - but "mostly" is not not always...................all the Protein that you are swearing to do - Julie, Boo...............I need it too! Got a good long, fast walk in today and worked in the yard for hours...............going to NIA in the morning and Sunday..........all this maintaining is getting me down (: - (never said that before!). Can I join you all on the way down............but, I cannot train for a marathon...........but, I guess I can get back to my "marathon gym days".......OK........starting on Monday ("yes, Rhett tomorrow" - boy does that show my age).

This weekend I rode my bike at the beach for an hour and walked a total of 5 HOURS! I never dreamed that walking could be more painful than running. Tomorrow will definitely be a running day!! Yeah!

I woke up early this morning (side effect of the depression I'm battling right now) and decided to make the most of it and go for a run. So, I got that out of the way for the day....

Nineteen down, one to go.

Hello ladies,

finally Im back on track and even eating well:-)

yesterday I went to the gym in the morning did 75minutes on threadmill and in the evening I went to aquaerobics class, it was amazing although it looks easy I can feel that we were working on our ABS:-)

WOW Julie its not even end of the month and you are only one session from your goal! Congratulations

Boo thanks for your words I started to eat lots of veggies and it got much much better:-) oh yes I eat Protein as well although not really sure that I eat my 60 grams everyday Im much more like 30g max 40g