Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in June

To check on my fellow Marchies. Nothing spectacular going on with me and that's probably a good thing...lol! I cancelled my Dr.s appt. on June 4th, mostly because I didn't have anyone to watch my kids, and partly because I still have good restriction and don't need another fill right now. I am trying to get in to see him on the 18th.

My best friend just asked me a few days ago if I wanted to go to Puerto Rico with her. She's traveling there on business and told me all I would have to buy is my plane ticket...she didn't have to ask me twice, I booked my plane ticket that same day! I still had that credit from my cancelled Las Vegas trip so it came in handy! We leave on Tuesday and will be back on Sunday...very last minute, but I am looking forward to it!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!!

Hey Marchies! Well, June has sure started out a crazy month! Lots of crisis stuff happening. My hubby and boys decided to go on little trip for the weekend, and I'm relieved to have some peace and quite at home.

TOM this past week, so I've been really restricted. Had my first slime last night on a piece of hamburger. Lots of pain with it - kind of in waves though, and it didn't last very long. I scheduled my second fill again for the 20th, but the restriction I feel for one week out of the month makes me scared to have it. The rest of the month I can eat though. I've lost 3 lbs in 5 weeks, so maybe I should try a small fill and just do liquids during the TOM week. That should kick in the loss again.

Not doing so great on the exercise for the month yet, due to the hectic schedule. Will work on that. Girls night out tonight! I'm ecxited!!

Denise-

You crack me up!

I'm going to go in search of somthing out of my regular, sounds like Yoga won't be it!

What are you going to do with your summer months?

Hello My Ever Shrinkin' Friend Juli,

I am doing as little as possible for the summer!!!! I have only been out a week from school--and I feel like a lady of leisure! I have been working out, shopping, going to lunch with friends and hanging out with my sister (who is a Chemistry teacher :target:)

Got a question for you--do you find your self depending on how the moon is tilted (ha ha) that restriction is tight one day, but other days not so much?

I am 2.6 in a 4 cc band. I don't know if I need another fill. But, when I got the last one I went from a 1.6 to a 2.2--and I foamed at the mouth like a rabid dog ( just remember that I did a posting about that :girl_hug:) Anywho, for about 3 weeks I could not get anything down that wasn't solid with out it hurting---not really pbing but hurting when swallowed--even if I chewed it really well. Just now I feel that I can actually eat like a "normal" person with out pain. I still don't eat a bunch--but I feel that I could eat more, but I stop. For example for dinner I ate 4 shrimps, 2 very small hushpuppies and about 5-7 french fries. I am going to Sonoma with the DH for our anniversary next Friday (it will be 5th year anniversary) and I don't know if I want to get a fill and then be miserable for the 5 days we will be there. Sorry I am rambling.

Denise :)

We must get back to where we belong, on the first page. Not complaining but I'm having more and more trouble trying to find something to wear to church. Since I work at home I just wear grungies all the time. I have very few clothes to wear out and am too cheap to go buy new ones right now. I guess it's time to hit Goodwill or someplace like that. I have a 4 day conference trip to Chicago coming up and will definately need at least 4 decent outfits for that, not dressy or fancy but decent.

Hello My Ever Shrinkin' Friend Juli,

I am doing as little as possible for the summer!!!! I have only been out a week from school--and I feel like a lady of leisure! I have been working out, shopping, going to lunch with friends and hanging out with my sister (who is a Chemistry teacher :))

Got a question for you--do you find your self depending on how the moon is tilted (ha ha) that restriction is tight one day, but other days not so much?

I am 2.6 in a 4 cc band. I don't know if I need another fill. But, when I got the last one I went from a 1.6 to a 2.2--and I foamed at the mouth like a rabid dog ( just remember that I did a posting about that :)) Anywho, for about 3 weeks I could not get anything down that wasn't solid with out it hurting---not really pbing but hurting when swallowed--even if I chewed it really well. Just now I feel that I can actually eat like a "normal" person with out pain. I still don't eat a bunch--but I feel that I could eat more, but I stop. For example for dinner I ate 4 shrimps, 2 very small hushpuppies and about 5-7 french fries. I am going to Sonoma with the DH for our anniversary next Friday (it will be 5th year anniversary) and I don't know if I want to get a fill and then be miserable for the 5 days we will be there. Sorry I am rambling.

Denise :)

I'd say not to have a fill before your vacation, especially if you are in pain right after one. You wan to enjoy yourself while you are there.

Have fun!!!

I actually went to the gym Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AND Saturday this week. That's amazing for me. On Friday I did double the work-out, each machine 2-times as long as usual, or longer. I also bought a pedometer on Thursday night (which I then misplaced by noon on Friday, but found again on Saturday). I'm going to go to a track this afternoon so I can measure/set my stride.

On Friday night I actually had a few hours of daylight where I wasn't working or driving to Phoenix, so I went to the batting cages. I was a little unsure about going alone at first, but it was great. I had my IPOD and my little pink helmet (not happy they made me wear a helmet) and I hit 120 pitches. It was great to spend time on something other than sitting on the couch watching TV or playing on-line, the two of which can consume way too much of my free time. My right arm, especially my forearm is very sore now, but it was good. I think I'll go back tonight.

I'm also going to go get a frisbee and take my dog to the park and see if I can convince him to catch it.

I've felt so good the past few days. I'm at 131 now!!! Only 1 lb until I'm down into the 220s ... whoo hoo. I ate pork chops and asparagus for Breakfast this morning (don't know why - should have had a boiled egg), so I've got to do something to counterbalance this ill-advised meal.

I went to Mexico with a boyfriend about 7 years ago, and bought a bunch of cute clothes and nighties and what not for the trip. I haven't been able to wear any of it for 6 years probably, but I tried some on last night and they fit. So exciting. It's all so exciting.:biggrin1:

Oh, and my sister and I are supposed to go swim laps at 7 am tomorrow. The city pool has adult only lap swimming from 7 - 8 each weekday morning, so I'm going to give it a go (I think it will be freezing, but I'm excited to swim all the same).

Hi Marchies,

Well it's a new week and things are going great. I'm finding I have more energy and actually look forward to working out ( very unlike the old me ) It's getting ruddy cold here, being June it should have been cold before this but it took the rain last week to bring on Jack Frost. I love winter though as it means Soups and stews and lighting our fire. I was only thinking this morning when I was getting dressed how much I am looking forward to wearing a nice pair of fitted jeans next winter. Haven't worn a nice pair since I was in my early 20's. Used to wearing elastic waisted one's that I wear a shirt over the top of anyway. Still don't think I'll give up the comfy ol' trackydaks for around the house.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, you guys are all such an inspiration for me. :clap2:

Cheers,

I was a fitness fool today! Not only did I get up to 175 crunches with no effort, but I also did a two-mile hike this afternoon (without being breathless, by the way), a 45 minute workout, AND a one-mile jog this evening! Think I burned enough calories? Heh.

I think I have a heel spur in my left foot, though; it's rather sore around there. Something tells me I should call the podiatrist tomorrow, just in case. I guess it's from all this energy and moving around.:)

Good morning Marchies and Happy Monday. I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was so lazy. First one in months. I actually sat and read a whole book. I highly recommend it to all women, Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw. Have a good day.

I can't believe its June already!

DH and I went away for memorial day weekend, then had the flu for a few days. Nothing bad, mostly annoying.

I get my first fill today!

I decided last week that I needed a fill. I was eating more and more and the big deciding factor for me was my apetite and cravings. The junkfoodmonster was rearing its ugly head and winning. Grrr! It was that sort of hunger like from before the procedure. But I've been watching myself and doing better the past couple of days. So small fill today. I'm a little nervous about that since my restriction can go up depending on time of month and time of day-- I'm tighter earlier in the day. I guess I am worried about getting overfilled. Last night for dinner I stopped by culvers and had for dinner half of my cheese curds and half of my burger melt. But I guess I had a couple of bites too many. Slime! Ugh! Thats been a lot better latley, but sometimes I still need to remind myself to slow down.

I've also been pretty busy lately. The other day I took the dog for a walk-- she jumped in the lake so then I had to give her a bath. She needed one anyway. Then on campus the next day to see my advisor about classes and I got my nose repeirced (it had closed up on me, I hate it when that happens) and my nails done. Then after that I had a book repair workshop. And at home we've been working on our laundry room. We are getting a new washer and dryer this week, and DH decided that this would be the perfect time to tile and pain the utility room. Granted, its a tiny room, but we haven't even started on that yet. At the moment we are still getting stuff out of it and making sure there is a good path for moving appliances in and out of the house.

I'm pretty excited about the new washer and dryer. We are getting a frontloading washer and matching dryer since our dryer no longer works like it should (half of its cycles don't dry) and they are both getting old and not working so well. We are actually getting the LG Trom, the steamwash in blue. At first I didn't want to spend that much but then DH found a really great sale and he had a coupon... So yippee!

In addition to some short walks I've also been doing some basic stretches when I remember. I want to join the gym again soon, but I want to build up a little bit of stamina first.

Looks like everyone here is doing good!

I was visiting my girl friend in Michigan this past weekend. She's been super supportive about my surgery and even has gone about eating better and losing weight herself in solidarity to my efforts!

We've taken to biking when we get weekends together. Saturday was 13 miles. Sunday we set out to do 20 miles and we did it!

Our goal is to be up to 50 miles by August when we go on vacation in Provincetown! There's a 25 mile rails to trails bike trail on Cap Cod we want to ride! We are talking about riding a century (100) mile ride next May! I've always wanted to do that! You know I'll keep you posted!

Woo Hoo!

We've taken to biking when we get weekends together. Saturday was 13 miles. Sunday we set out to do 20 miles and we did it!

I'm fascinated by you Juli ... congrats on the 20 miles! That's awesome!!!

I got up this morning and took my dog for a short walk. Then I went and picked up my sister and we went to swim laps, she swam about 15 minutes before the cold was hurting her ears, and I went about 10 minutes longer. So, only 25 minutes of laps for me, but it was invigorating. Then I went to the gym around noon for about an hour.

I'm now going to call to and see about a belly dancing / yoga class for tonight. I really just want the yoga, but the only thing I can find here is the combined class. Plus, by lower belly / abs is where I seem to be losing the least, so it'll probably be good for me. Wish me luck ...

Hey Lara,

Let us know how you like the belly dancing. I always thought that would be fun!

Hey Juli--I am so proud of you and the GF about the biking! Me and my sweetie do the biking and it is so much fun!!! We are actually going to do a bike tour in Sonoma (we leave in 3 days yeah!) That's right--drinkin' and biking in the wine country. he he

You wrote that your GF leaves in Michigan---where do you live? Before I married I had a BF in El Paso ( I taught there my first year teaching) we did the long distance thing for several years--it was like a honeymoon every time I saw him he he.

Denise

Hi Marchies in June

Been away for a couple of weeks, doing a road trip with my DH. We started out from here (Ontario) and then to Cleveland Ohio and finished the tour in Little Rock Ark. Then We had to make our home journey in 2 days.. It was a lot of fun. We were part of the Hot Rod Power Tour . We had to eat out all this time which was a bit of a challenge to say the least. I have never wasted so much food in my life. I felt so bad but I wasn't going to take a chance keeping some of the things in the cooler.I did have a few PBs just because I think I forgot to Slow down & chew. I did eat waaaaaaaaaaaay to much cheese on the trip but it was a Protein I found that was handly in the Car. (That and yogurt)But did I ever pay for it no BMS for days.......... hoping to get things cleared up now that I'm at home. I didn't think I was eating very much while away but the scale said I was up 2 this AM. Not too happy about that.Any suggestions for eating on the road for our next road trip????? I didn't drink nearly enough Water either...never knowing how far to the next Pit Stop.

So my goal for this month is to drink my water.

Trying to change my next fill date Which is suppose to be on Wed. I think I need more time to adjust properly to this last fill. To make sure the PBing and sliming really was me eating too fast and not the band just doing it's job, so then I really don't need it any tighter, right? Does this make sense? Hoping to settle down now into good eating habits.

Thanks for listening to me ramble but I am very confused as to how this band is really to feel? I felt I hardly ate anything for this 10 days but the scale didn't agree. Trying to stay positive.