Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in June

Nikki,

I PB today too for the first time in weeks! I was thinking this band isn't even there! Well low and behold, it reminded me that in fact it was. And this was the momma of all PB's, for me, to date. Holy smokes!

Lunchmeat does it to me every single time, if I eat it too fast. You'd think I'd learn.

Ok, you guys are freaking me out with you PBing and overfill issues. I'm going for a fill on Wednesday and I only want a little fill. My Dr. is aggressive with fills and will probably try to give a major injection, but I will be insisting on a more conservative approach. I have some restriction now already, I'm just not losing. I can't get to the 30 lb mark. I've been -29 for 5 weeks.

When you guys "PB" does stuff always come up? I've had episodes of swallowing too quickly or taking one bite too many, and get pain waves in my stomach that last a minute or so, and I wish I could vomit.......but nothing comes up but a little saliva. Would that be a "PB"?

OH Juli - You are Amazing! Be proud of all you are accomplishing! Your weight loss is doing just as it should. Thanks for all the wonderful support you offer this group!

Sophie,

If you don't think you need a fill, then don't get one. Or advocate for what you want. You know?

And I don't have any fill, but PBing happens to me if I eat too quickly, like super fast, and don't chew well. PBing, at least for me is when I hack up what I ate. The awkward pain and saliva thing is sliming or just plain having food get stuck, until it passes through.

Oh Thickchick, Don't keep us in suspense, how was the date last night and did you remember to eat slow and all and was the movie good? I live vicariously through others. No life of my own.

For everyone else, last Sat I pbed and slimmed big time for about an hour. Sincethen I haven't felt restriction or anything. It's been 3 weeks since I've had a fill. Does it sound like I need another one or that I could have done something to make it slip. I'll be leaving for month of being gone in 2 weeks. I wasn't planning on getting a fill until I got back in August but now wonder if I should next week. That will give me time to adjust before I leave. I just don't want to be out of the area if I have trouble with the fill. How long does it take to know you have too much fill?

This was my first episode of PBing. I don't think that it is because I am too tight. I think that it's because I ate too quickly and too much like OhJuli said.

I didn't feel any restriction before and now it feels just right.

Things are going much better for me now. I have't PBd in over a week. I think I was just waiting to long between meals and was so hungry that I forgot the Bands rules about chewing and small bites. The scale has finally moved as well.I was down 3 lbs this AM YEAHHHHHHHHH now I hope it keeps going. Been in the pool for the last few days as well, Im sure that has helped to get things moving.

Sophie: Weather or not it was a PB or Not trust us You will know a PB when it happens...LOL

Thickchick: Come on...... curious minds want to know????

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I use to find that I could diet (I know dirty word) great all week and then gain everything back on the weekends. Thats just another reason why I am just Loving my Band.

HEY YA'LL FOR SOME REASON IT'S BEEN TAKING A LONG TIME FOR ME TO GET LOGGED ON THE LAPBAND...BUT IM GLAD I MADE IT!!

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU LL ;)

THE DATE:

HE PICKED ME UP!

HE WANTED TO GO GET HIS HAT THAT HE LEFT THE NIGHT BEFORE AT A STRIP CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAT IN SILENCE AS WE PULLED UP THE CABRET ROYALE AND I DIDNT GO IN I JUST SAT IN THE CAR AND WATCHED THE MANY BEAUTIFUL STRIPPER GIRLS WALK IN AND OUT OF THE PLACE WITH CLIENTS!!

HE GOT PISSED BECAUSE THE HAT WAS NOT THERE AND THE LADY TOLD HIM THAT SHE THOUGHT THAT THE CLEANUP CREW TOOK IT!!! HE GOT EVEN MORE PISSED GOT IN THE TRUCK AND SLAMMED THE DOOR AND WE DROVE OFF SO FAST THAT I GOT VERY SCARED AT THAT POINT I STARTED PRAYING...SO WE PULL UP INTO THIS LIQUOR STORE AND HE GOES TO BUT SOME TEQUILA AND GUESS WHAT HIS CREDIT CARD WAS DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WAS TOTALLY OUTTA CONTROL THEN HE LOOKED AT ME AND JUST STARTED SWEARING NOT AT ME BUT THE CONVERSATION WE HAD WAS FULL OF CUSS WORDS...

SO I TOLD HIM TO JUST TAKE ME HOME IN A NICE MANNER BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA WHERE WE WERE AND I NEEDED TO GET AWAY FROM HIM. THE WHOLE TIME WE DRIVING HOME HE STARTS TALKING ABOUT SEX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I TOLD HIM HOW I FELT ABOUT SEX AND THAT WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING IT EVER!!!!

SO WE FINALLY MAKE IT HOME AND HE WALKS ME TO THE DOOR AND HE KISSES ME ON THE CHEEK AND TOLD ME TO CALL HIM WHEN MY KIDS GO TO sleep SO HE COULD COME BACK OVER AND MAKE LOVE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST WALKED IN MY HOUSE AND SLAMMED THE DOOR

THAT WAS THE WORST DATE I HAVE BEEN ON EVER

HE DID CALL THIS MORNING AND ASKED ME IF I COULD GET A HOTEL ROOM FOR HIS "AUNTIE" SINCE SHE WAS COMING INTO TOWN HE IS SUCH A LAIR HE WANTS IT FOR HIMSELF AND SOME JEZEBEL

YA'LL I LAUGHED SO HARD AT WHAT HAPPEN I COULDNT EVEN GET MAD! I MADE MYSELF A TUNE salad WITH BACON BITS WATCH LIFETIME, PRAYED FOR THE MAN AND WENT TO SLEEP

I REALY LOVE YA'LL AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET A KICK OUT OF READING THIS CAUSE THE EXPERIENCE IS ONE I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

IF I DONT REPLY TO ANYTHING ELSE IT'S BECAUSE MY COMPUTER IS MOVING TO SLOW!!!

Thick Chick

That's is out of control! OMG!

You win the horrible date contest, hands down.

God love you for trying. You know, it's not too much to ask for a little respect, a little dinner, a decent car ride and not getting pushed up on.

Thanks for sharing.

Thickchick, I think you made a wise move last night. I'm sure it was very disappointing but I think you really did the wise thing. He really sounds like a jerk to me and you are worthy of so much more . Don't settle. We women need to stand up for ourselves.

Thickchick, you did the right thing by all means. Men are such A------'s. To take you to a strip club while he goes inside is horrible. You are so right to just let role off your back. Much better is waiting for you.

Now, that's what I call a "date from hell!" Unbelievable. Sounds like you handled it perfectly--I hope he won't keep harassing you--seems like he had a hard time getting it! Well, future dates can only get better than this. So sorry, Thickchick, but thanks for the laugh. Glad you are laughing, too. How sweet to pray for the jerk! I need to take a lesson from you.

thanks So Much Ya'll

i Cant Let That Fool Stop The Good Stuff That I Have Coming!

so Ill Keep My Fingers Crossed For A Real Man

i Hope Ya'll Have A Great Weekend And I Will Get At You Guys on Monday

if The Creek Dont Rise!!!!

Wow that sounds scary.

Thank God that you handled it the way you did!

What did he think? that he was picking up some hoochie?

Good for you!!!

Wow, I just tried on all my clothes that I stored away in my too small section, and most of them fit! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH! I'm truly amazed. Only a couple of button up shirts wouldn't work....because of the "gap". Good to know the ole' cleavage is staying in tact. My DH is greatful for that as well. Guess I should get rid of some of the old baggies now.

TCT - You handled that sooo well! Good things are coming your way, girl!

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I shouldn't wear some of these clothes. I'm a little out of touch with fashion, I've just been wearing what I have or get from someone else.

Please be honest. Are the following still appropriate/fashionable?

1) Skorts - shorts in back/skirt in front-kaki

2) Capri overalls - denim and kaki

3) Denim mini skirts - above the knee

I'm not trying to be a fashion icon or anything, but I don't want to be totally out of it. I need to look at some magazines!