Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was done laparoscopically so no staples here, just dissolvable stitches with steri strips.

My Walmart must have been out of the chews, I'll keep my eyes open for them though.

I had puréed foods at hospital day I was discharged, I guess everyone's doctor/program is different!

8 days post op. I feel SO good. No sickness. Started soft food and am loving it! It's wierd though because I expected a lot of discomfort and being sick. Anyone else feel this way?

@@tcouperus, Please do not allow yourself to feel this way. I know that it is easier said than done... but this is a period when we must try so many different things and just find out what works for us... For me, I cannot do chicken of beef from after the surgery, it all tastes awful. So I decided to make a bowl of Ramen noodles, strain the broth and use that and for me that works, it is amazing. I have been able to take in 12oz of broth just by switching up the way I do it. It may not work for everyone but it's certainly worth a try. Jello, I have found for Gellatin -- I really only like the Strawberry-Banana one, everything else is just meh... I have made a bowl of SF Jello pudding in the vanilla flavor and eating more of that than the chocolate one I made as well... It is very touch and go and definitely a learning process. Please use every one here for ideas, google different acceptable forms of ideas for the stage at which you in. You CAN do this. Please let me know if you try anything else, or the suggestions I have used to help me thus far. Oh, also... Protein wise... I have NOT until today been able to get in any type of protein so I went to GNC yesterday and purchased the Isopure Liquid Protein. Its a 11+oz bottle (looks like a Snapple bottle) which contains 40g of protein!!!!! Yes, 40!!!! I have drank almost a complete one today. They're better when you let it slightly dilute on ice. so an hour before I am ready to start drinking I grab a glass, fill it with ice (which adds more to your Water per day) and let it sit out and dilute some. They are a little more expensive but my reasoning for switching to this for now is to maximize my protein for the next week the easiest way possible (we already have a lot going on let alone trying to incorporate protein in our diets) so that when I see my surgeon next week, and begin on soft moist Proteins I can manage 1-8oz skim/protein at 25g and make up the rest in my meals per day.

I hope this helps. keep me posted... hugs!!!!!

Edited by KalelsWifey

I feel yucky all the time. Struggle to get any food shakes Vitamins. Even Water I have a hard time with. I seem to always have a bad taste in my mouth an im not sure why ???? starting to feel defeated. Good luck to u ladies.

The bad taste might be you going into ketosis if your not getting in any Protein & calories. You've got to try some how to get them in. I love the Premier Protein vanilla shakes. Also, Campbells Soups to go in the cup. I can't drink the plain water, it was making me sick so I have found unsweetened tea with a splash or cranberry from the Sonic is great for me. Now I'm getting my liquid in with them. Good luck.