Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Deafening silence.

Abortifacients work after fertilization (conception) by killing the newly conceived human. These include oral contraceptives (the "Pill"), IUD, Norplant, Depo-Provera, Emergency Contraception (the "Morning-After Pill"), and anti-fertility vaccines. The U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare defined abortion as follows:

"All the measures which impair the viability of the zygote at any time between the
instant of fertilization
and the completing of labor constitute, in the strict sense, procedures for inducing abortion."

Although 1.6 million surgical abortions take place each year in the U.S., Dr. Bogomir Kuhar, a pharmacist concerned about chemical abortion, has calculated that in combining all forms of induced abortion -- the IUD, Depo-Provera, Norplant, surgical, and the Pill (and injectables, implants, and oral products that work in a similar fashion), between 9.6 and 13.4 million young lives are terminated in the U.S. alone each year.

Patty, Once again you copy and paste without revealing source.

The prevailing medical professional association-the American Medical Association-debated the subject and rejected the idea that these birth control methods are abortifacients after finding no evidence to support the claim. ("Recent Activities: 2001")

My source AMA.

After my 6th child, I asked the doctor, while still in the hospital after the delivery, about what forms of birth control to take. He recommended DP. Not knowing what it did exactly to prevent pregnancy, I had the shot. "It would be good for 3 months", I was told. When my husband came to get me and bring me home, I told him about the shot I received and he wanted to speak to the doctor about it. The doctor himself explained to us that if the sperm should ever meet the egg, that it would keep it (the day old life) from attaching to the wall and it would be flushed out of my body unbeknown to me or anyone. We were floored. Needless to say, we avoided sex for 3 months to avoid killing one of our children.

Once again one personal experience trumps years of scientific research. One doctor tells you something and that becomes gospel. Was he involved with the research that developed DP? I bet not. I bet your husband was asking all these crazy questions and he just agreed with him to get him to go away.

By the way, that is what you deserve for doing something without first asking your husband for permission.

After my 6th child, I asked the doctor, while still in the hospital after the delivery, about what forms of birth control to take. He recommended DP. Not knowing what it did exactly to prevent pregnancy, I had the shot. "It would be good for 3 months", I was told. When my husband came to get me and bring me home, I told him about the shot I received and he wanted to speak to the doctor about it. The doctor himself explained to us that if the sperm should ever meet the egg, that it would keep it (the day old life) from attaching to the wall and it would be flushed out of my body unbeknown to me or anyone. We were floored. Needless to say, we avoided sex for 3 months to avoid killing one of our children.

Just from reading all the posts on the regular forums on LBT, you can see that doctors have a broad spectrum of knowledge with some of them being woefully misinformed about things and with a wide degree of differing opinions.

Your doctor obviously didn't know what he was talking about and you should have done your own research before taking such extreme measures.

I never take a doctor's word as gospel. As a cancer patient and having had my husband die from his cancer, I can assure you that I researched everything and questioned all of our collective doctors.

We each must become informed because we care about ourselves and our families much more than a doctor does.

PG,

Do you even think about the stuff you may hear and read and decifer it, critically think about it? No, because how is it that you think that to have a depo shot would mean the killing of a child? Depo stops the eggs from being released thus no way you could get pregnant every 3 months to have an abortion as you put it. After 2 shots, many women don't even have blood lining the uterus because it stops the production of blood along the uterus as a side effect. A good side effect for a lot of women. Many women who get the shot don't have periods. The uterus wall which is where the baby would have to stick to, is not available to produce a fetus and sustain life. Thus your statement of killing babies is your fantasy. Sorry. How do I know this? I have 4 girls who all take the depo and none of them have a period. You can't make babies without the blood lining. Jeez.

Your data is wrong. Please read other things about the subject because I hate to see this type of ignorance and misinformation. Because as you set up these half truths and people keep having to knock them down, it would be nice if they were the complete truth that you post and maybe we could all learn something.

yes I believe in pro choice. an unborn child has the right to choose what it wants to do with it's life. not a person choosing for him or her.

How do you know that baby would want to be born? Why do you get to make the choice, but not the babies own mother? Mother's often know what's best for them and thier babies! The beauty of it is YOU don't get to make decisions for me or my children and that's exactly the way it should be!

PG,

Do you even think about the stuff you may hear and read and decifer it, critically think about it? No, because how is it that you think that to have a depo shot would mean the killing of a child? Depo stops the eggs from being released thus no way you could get pregnant every 3 months to have an abortion as you put it. After 2 shots, many women don't even have blood lining the uterus because it stops the production of blood along the uterus as a side effect. A good side effect for a lot of women. Many women who get the shot don't have periods. The uterus wall which is where the baby would have to stick to, is not available to produce a fetus and sustain life. Thus your statement of killing babies is your fantasy. Sorry. How do I know this? I have 4 girls who all take the depo and none of them have a period. You can't make babies without the blood lining. Jeez.

Your data is wrong. Please read other things about the subject because I hate to see this type of ignorance and misinformation. Because as you set up these half truths and people keep having to knock them down, it would be nice if they were the complete truth that you post and maybe we could all learn something.

Sorry, but there are many Doctors who attest that it can cause you to abort the baby. Also, must you be so rude? really. BTW, is it possible that you are the one who is misinformed about DP? After I was using it, I researched all about it.

by Dr. and Mrs. J.C. Willke

VERY EARLY ABORTIONS

These fall into two general categories: those that prevent implantation at one week of life and those which kill a developing baby days or weeks after implantation.

Before Implantation:

Which methods do this? In varying degree, the methods that prevent implantation, and therefore kill a baby at one week of life, include the intrauterine device (IUD), Norplant, Depo Provera, Progesterone Only pills, low-dose contraceptive combination pills, and the morning-after pills. Let’s take them one at a time.

How about Norplant?

This is an implant under the skin of her forearm that lasts five years. In the first half of that time it’s effect is to almost always suppress ovulation. In the last half of that time, break-through ovulation is the rule. However, very few pregnancies survive. Clearly, this second half is commonly effective through micro-abortions and prevention of implantation.

What about Depo Provera?

As with Norplant, there is some variance from woman to woman, but in a far higher percent of cases Depo Provera suppresses ovulation. Break-through ovulation, however, does occur as attested to by full-term pregnancies recorded with women who were receiving this shot every three months.

What of the IUD?

The intrauterine device, commonly referred to as an IUD or coil (in Europe), is a small plastic or metal device that is inserted through the vagina and into the cavity of the uterus. The purpose of this is to "prevent" pregnancy.

Is an IUD a contraceptive or an abortive agent?

Until recently, almost all scientific papers had agreed that its effect was to prevent the implantation of the tiny new human being into the nutrient lining of the uterus; an abortive action. The U.S. food and Drug Administration stated in an official report that its effectiveness is "in direct proportion to the quantity and quality of the inflammatory reaction to various types of IUDs"...and states that there "is one common thread . . . " They all "interfere in some manner with the implantation of the fertilized ovum in the uterine cavity." Second Report on IUDs, Dec. 1978, U.S. Dept. of HEW, Food & Drug Administration Document 017-012-00276-5

Edited by pattygreen

Those who have been using DP for many years may be providing an early abortion many times throughout their life, and not even know it. When they get to heaven, they will meet up with their children that they missed out on life with. If you are okay with abortions, then no big deal for you to care about whether DP aborts babies, but if you're not okay with abortions, it IS a big deal.

DP irritates and thins the lining of the uterus, making implantation of the newly conceived person unlikely.

So, all it does is thin the lining. It may not prevent the sperm from meeting the egg and forming a new life. Afterwards, because it has no thick lining to cling to, it (the baby) is flushed out of the woman. (sounds like a very early abortion to me)

Edited by pattygreen

Just from reading all the posts on the regular forums on LBT, you can see that doctors have a broad spectrum of knowledge with some of them being woefully misinformed about things and with a wide degree of differing opinions.

Your doctor obviously didn't know what he was talking about and you should have done your own research before taking such extreme measures.

I never take a doctor's word as gospel. As a cancer patient and having had my husband die from his cancer, I can assure you that I researched everything and questioned all of our collective doctors.

We each must become informed because we care about ourselves and our families much more than a doctor does.

It's not JUST my doctor who knows this to be true about DP. You can go to "The American Pregnancy Associations" website at Depo-Provera: Quarterly Injection : American Pregnancy Association

and find out how it works. They have a link posted next to their explanation of how it prevents pregnancy that's entitled:

Ethical Considerations

It is possible that you may not have been aware that any ethical questions existed concerning contraception. The contraceptive methods that involve the changing of the lining of the uterus to prevent implantation from occurring create an ethical or moral consideration for some people.

Some people believe that life begins at conception whereas others believe it begins at implantation. The ethical consideration develops for individuals who believe that life begins at conception.

When contraceptive methods fail to prevent ovulation or fertilization, the changing of the uterine lining is used to prevent the fertilized egg or “life” from implanting in the uterine wall. It is this action that leaves people believing they have crossed an ethical boundary.

PG,

What I said just went right over your head. How can you have an abortion if there is no blood in the lining of the uterus? You can't. Rare cases, maybe early when you first get the shot and the complete effects have not kicked in as in the 1st 3 months but as stated, rarely.

Don't put that garbage out there. People like you make kids scared, as I stated before, to tell their parents about, or talk about birth control. That is sad.

Believe what you want. You never listen to people anyway.

Good luck with that theory.

PG,

What I said just went right over your head. How can you have an abortion if there is no blood in the lining of the uterus? You can't. Rare cases, maybe early when you first get the shot and the complete effects have not kicked in as in the 1st 3 months but as stated, rarely.

Don't put that garbage out there. People like you make kids scared, as I stated before, to tell their parents about, or talk about birth control. That is sad.

Believe what you want. You never listen to people anyway.

Good luck with that theory.

And what I said went right over your head. I just explained it to you above in my posts. If you willfully choose to ignore the facts, that is your problem.

How can you have an abortion if there is no blood in the lining of the uterus?

!. You have sex. 2. the sperm may meet the egg. 3. The newly formed life moves to the wall. 3. the wall does not hold it. 4. It is aborted.

Sorry, but there are many Doctors who attest that it can cause you to abort the baby. Also, must you be so rude? really. BTW, is it possible that you are the one who is misinformed about DP? After I was using it, I researched all about it.

by Dr. and Mrs. J.C. Willke

VERY EARLY ABORTIONS

These fall into two general categories: those that prevent implantation at one week of life and those which kill a developing baby days or weeks after implantation.

Before Implantation:

Which methods do this? In varying degree, the methods that prevent implantation, and therefore kill a baby at one week of life, include the intrauterine device (IUD), Norplant, Depo Provera, Progesterone Only pills, low-dose contraceptive combination pills, and the morning-after pills. Let’s take them one at a time.

How about Norplant?

This is an implant under the skin of her forearm that lasts five years. In the first half of that time it’s effect is to almost always suppress ovulation. In the last half of that time, break-through ovulation is the rule. However, very few pregnancies survive. Clearly, this second half is commonly effective through micro-abortions and prevention of implantation.

What about Depo Provera?

As with Norplant, there is some variance from woman to woman, but in a far higher percent of cases Depo Provera suppresses ovulation. Break-through ovulation, however, does occur as attested to by full-term pregnancies recorded with women who were receiving this shot every three months.

What of the IUD?

The intrauterine device, commonly referred to as an IUD or coil (in Europe), is a small plastic or metal device that is inserted through the vagina and into the cavity of the uterus. The purpose of this is to "prevent" pregnancy.

Is an IUD a contraceptive or an abortive agent?

Until recently, almost all scientific papers had agreed that its effect was to prevent the implantation of the tiny new human being into the nutrient lining of the uterus; an abortive action. The U.S. food and Drug Administration stated in an official report that its effectiveness is "in direct proportion to the quantity and quality of the inflammatory reaction to various types of IUDs"...and states that there "is one common thread . . . " They all "interfere in some manner with the implantation of the fertilized ovum in the uterine cavity." Second Report on IUDs, Dec. 1978, U.S. Dept. of HEW, Food & Drug Administration Document 017-012-00276-5

Dr. Willke is the president of the nationwide, educational Life Issues Institute. He has served for ten years as president of the U.S. National Right to Life Committee. He helped found the International Right to Life Federation in 1984 and remains its president. His daily 5-minute radio program was carried on almost 400 radio stations for 18 years until recently. His one-minute comments, Life Jewels, were on over 1,000 stations in English and Spanish, with 50 in Australia, 30 in South Africa and many stations in Brazil.

He is obviously biased as well as having products (books, videos, etc..) to sell. He is marketing his opinion.