Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

lol! She really has awesome things to say...here's a few new ones:

The circumstances that lead up to abortion are usually bad and very unfortunate.The abortion itself is a blessing.

Abortion wasn't invented in the year 1973. I promise.

There is absolutely no such thing as an abortion "free" area. Abortion will always exist every where, legal or not.

No one thinks that having an abortion is the thrill of their life. But abortion is good, just like chemotheraphy is good.

Planned Parenthood isn't all about abortion. The PP near me doesn't even provide abortions.

If it's wrong 4 a parent 2 force daughter to have an abortion, then it's wrong4a parent to force their daughter to go thru a preg

Teens don't have to get parental consent to go through a pregnancy, so they shouldn't need it to end one.

If I had kids and didn't want to take care of them,I could give them up 4 adoption. Can't give a fetus up 4 adoption

I don't care if the fetus is a person or not. Women are persons regardless, they still deserve liberty.

I don't care if an abortion looks gory (what medical procedure doesn't?), that does not take away from the humanity of women!

I'm so sick of anti-choicers dehumanizing women. They act as if being forced through a pregnancy can't possibly affect us at all.

"Fetal pain/personhood" is used 2 distract from the fact that women CAN feel pain and trauma, and that women ARE persons.

Have a positive abortion story? Share it here! Interesting new site: Thanks, Abortion! http://thanksabortion.com/

It makes no sense to claim to care about pregnant women and then support causes that intentionally hurt them.

Yes, bombing a clinic is considered terrorism -- even if the perpetrators are "Christian."

Somehow, "I'm sorry that you were raped,but if you got pregnant I'd want to force you through the pregnancy" isn't so comforting.

My opinion (in short): If a woman owns her body in the first 20 wks of pregnancy, she should own her body in the last 20, too.

I know women who have gotten abortions and none of them regret it.

I hope my kids live to see the day when taking away a woman's right to choose is seen as just bad as taking away her right 2 vote

Seems like AntiChoice post-abortion programs are just there to try to make women grieve after their abortions, not to help

"On avg, 8 women each year die from induced abortion, compared w/ about 280 who die from pregnancy/childbirth"

Her musings aren't any more extreme than some of the things that the anti-choice people say.

As for women regretting having abortion, I believe more of them regret having gotten pregnant and are devastated at the prospect of having a child. While obtaining an abortion isn't the most delightful prospect, it is quick and final and can save women's lives.

Children are very important - perhaps the most important thing we can ever do. So why would we have one in this world that we can't take care of and don't want? Just to make some person happy that can't have children? Giving babies up may be the answer for some women who can deal with pregnancy and the birth and the fact that they have a child that they gave up. But for many, many women they could never give one of their children away. They would be traumatized far more by giving up a child than to terminate a pregnancy that was unplanned and unwanted. So for them, abortion may be a necessary choice. They might regret having become impregnated and regret having to have an abortion, they don't regret having had one. In fact, they are flooded with relief afterwards.

As always very well said!

I am probably opening a can of worms here...God help me.

Those of you who are pro-life, is that in regards to everything or just abortion? How do you feel about the death penalty? Hospice care or comfort cares only in cases of terminal illness? I dont think that you HAVE to have the same opinions on all of them, just curious.

Christian ethics teach that in God’s Church mercy goes before right. A Christian is called to have as the ideal to live in reconciliation, forgiveness and love with their fellow men, even their enemies. According to Christian ethics judgement, revenge and retaliation is not allowed between people in everyday life.

But the rules are different for the authority. The heavenly ideal that the Christian Church is to strive for is not decided by God to be placed in earthly nations codes of law in order for violent criminals and murderers to receive mercy and avoid just punishment. If this happened, it would be suicide of the state governed by law.

In a functioning and civilized state governed by law mercy must not come before right. A functioning and civilized state governed by law has the right and obligation to leave out of account Jesus’ words concerning not judging a fellow man. The same goes for words concerning love and forgiveness. The authority is called by God to judge, and sometimes pass severe judgements.

Jesus’ message of love is therefore not aimed at the judging authorities. There is nothing implied in the gospels of the Bible that Jesus had any concern for the state governed by law in his teaching of love. If it had been so, that Christ’s teaching included the judicial system, every state governed by law that has ever existed throughout history would fall under the judgement, including all the "Christian" nations that ever existed. But there is no country in the world that during the course of history has interpreted Jesus’ teaching of love to also include the courts and trials and that Christ’s teaching of forgiveness and love should be written in the law concerning criminals. A sound awareness has been that this would be the end of the state governed by law and in the long run it would cause lawlessness and an increased spread of evil in the society. The foundation of the civilized society would fall apart.

The great teachers of the Bible could separate where Love belonged and where Right belonged. To them reality did not exclude either of these two great things. Here are three examples:

Moses could, in the midst of a legal context, declare: "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself." (Lev 19:18). But in the next chapter there are several types of death penalties decreed.

Jesus encouraged love and forgiveness between people, but at the same time accepted the punishing authority (Matt 15:3-4, 26:52, John 19:10-11).

In Rom 12:17-21 Paul speaks of the relationship between people. The text says that we must not avenge each other but give the revenge to God. Only a few verses later (Rom 13:1-6) Paul speaks of the authority, the judging authority, which on the other hand is "an agent of wrath". (v 4)

The great personalities of the Bible can both join and keep apart the Law and the Love without creating any discrepancies.

As described above the Christian Church has believed and taught throughout all times. It was not until the middle of the 20th century that new sounds from parts of Christianity began to be heard, i.e. through different documents where one, using Jesus’ message of love as a foundation, disassociates from the death penalty. As a consequence one disqualifies the authority’s right to judge and punish. This would have catastrophic consequences to, among other things, justice, human value, goodness and the moral order in society if this new, naive, and Bible foreign view were followed.

According to a few Christians and other religious people I have spoken too they have told me that my husband will in no way be allowed in heaven and that there is a special place in hell for him. That really hurt my husband and they told him when he dies he will never see me or our kids again because we wont be joining him in hell..that whole thing made me cry because my husband is an amazing man and even though in most cases he is prolife he would do what was neccessary to save a life...a real living breathing thinking life. I wish more people could be like my husband!

According to a few Christians and other religious people I have spoken too they have told me that my husband will in no way be allowed in heaven and that there is a special place in hell for him. That really hurt my husband and they told him when he dies he will never see me or our kids again because we wont be joining him in hell..that whole thing made me cry because my husband is an amazing man and even though in most cases he is prolife he would do what was neccessary to save a life...a real living breathing thinking life. I wish more people could be like my husband!

Any person that made such a statement to you, that your husband will not be allowed in Heaven and that he will be going to Hell, is arrogant and should be ignored. No one knows for sure who will enter into Heaven or who will not, except God himself. God does give us a clear word as to how to end up there, though. So, others may make a judgment in their opinion as to his destination by observing his fruits (or actions, deeds and words). But this is just their opinion, only God knows the true heart of every person.

The only thing that keeps any person out of Heaven is a lack of faith in Jesus as their Savior. If this is the case with your husband, then I can not be sure that he will go there when he dies. Those who are trusting in Jesus to save them from perishing in Hell after they die will live in Heaven with their Creator, God. Those who do not put their faith in Jesus, God's son who took their punishment for them, will perish and be destroyed in Hell after their death. They will cease to exist, but those who believe in God will have eternal life in Heaven.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

So you see, that scripture teaches that we have 2 choices after this life is over. We either "perish" (OR) we have "eternal life". But it is our decision to make. Each person must make that choice while he is alive on this earth. There is no purgatory or second chance after you die. The bible does not teach that.

Why not settle the matter once and for all? Ask Jesus to be your Savior and to bring you into Heaven when your life here ends. Confess to Him that you believe in Him. Ask your husband to do the same. It's that easy. Why worry about your eternal destination all your life when you can put that matter into God's hand? He loves you.

Edited by pattygreen

This issue is a personally religious one for some people, which is of course, perfectly fine and expected. For those who believe that abortion is wrong in the U.S., their constitutional rights are protected legally so that they can live by those beliefs. Because for every woman in America, religion aside, the law provides a constitutional right for them to be able to choose.

Abortion is legal and should be legal under the laws of our land. Beyond that, one needs to follow ones own conscience and beliefs and refrain from trying to impose those very personal beliefs on those who do not share them by taking away every woman's constitutional right to choose, by the law.

Edited by BJean

I totally believe in choice and abortion so if that make me a killer so be it!

Amen to that!

This issue is a personally religious one for some people, which is of course, perfectly fine and expected. For those who believe that abortion is wrong in the U.S., their constitutional rights are protected legally so that they can live by those beliefs. Because for every woman in America, religion aside, the law provides a constitutional right for them to be able to choose.

Abortion is legal and should be legal under the laws of our land. Beyond that, one needs to follow ones own conscience and beliefs and refrain from trying to impose those very personal beliefs on those who do not share them by taking away every woman's constitutional right to choose, by the law.

I feel that laws should not reflect upon a persons religion also, but when the laws take the lives of others, such as murder does, the people need to intercede and keep people from murdering others.

Why is it murder and a sin when someone "kills" for their own wellbeing, but not okay when they kill in the name of god? Also why should it be okay to kill someone who invades your home, but not okay to kill something that invades your body?

Yeah, I re-read my post and it sounded like gobbldegook.

What I was trying to say is that the way the laws are right now, the government cannot to force a woman to have a baby or to abort a baby. The government just doesn't have that power over women. And it never should.

Why is it murder and a sin when someone "kills" for their own wellbeing, but not okay when they kill in the name of god? Also why should it be okay to kill someone who invades your home, but not okay to kill something that invades your body?

How is a pregnancy detrimental to your well being?

What are you talking about when you say it's not okay when they kill in the name of god?

How is a a baby invading your body? Is the baby intentionally trying to harm you in some way?

Yeah, I re-read my post and it sounded like gobbldegook.

What I was trying to say is that the way the laws are right now, the government cannot to force a woman to have a baby or to abort a baby. The government just doesn't have that power over women. And it never should.

I feel that if women get pregnant, then they should be forced to carry the baby till it is born, unless if by doing so, the woman's life is in danger.

We have laws about murder in this world, and they are there to protect the innocent. An unborn baby is an innocent.

How is a pregnancy detrimental to your well being?

What are you talking about when you say it's not okay when they kill in the name of god?

How is a a baby invading your body? Is the baby intentionally trying to harm you in some way?

If I get pregnant again having a baby will kill me! Just carrying another baby could kill me...that seems pretty detrimental if you ask me. I meant why is it ok to kill in the name of God. Just because the harm isn't intentional doesn't mean it's ok. A fetus is a parasite...living off of the woman's body...that sounds like invading to me. So if the harm isn't intentional it's okay...."Sorry maam I didn't mean to slam into your child with my car as you both j walked...Sorry I didn't intentionally kill her" "Oh don't worry about it....as long as you didn't mean to it's ok"...come on now!