Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Yeah right.:frown: He is allowing all those people to be killed over there. He could get them home today, as commander in Chief of the armed forces, but he chooses to let them die! He wants war!:mellow:

Wrong, again, as usual. Obama is on record as having been against the war in Iraq. He is not the one who started it but he will be the one to end it. Obviously you don't know anything about the logistics of removing troops from a country and what it involves. :smile2:

Had Obama been president instead of bush (I can only wish!!) we wouldn't be in Iraq and he wouldn't have blown the chance to catch bin laden like bush did.

As for letting soldiers die - well the blood of those who died in the needless war in Iraq is on the hands of bush, not Pres. Obama. Don't try to rewrite history.

Yeah he's pulling them out of Iraq and sending them all to Afghan. That's even worse!

Those who attacked us on 9/11 came from Afghanistan, not Iraq, so while I understand why people don't support either war, at least the one in Afghanistan makes sense from a defensive viewpoint.

Yeah but we have lost so many already he's acting like he's a savior for ending the Iraq war when it was scheduled to end then anyways, in fact it was supposed to be over in 2010! He's acting like I'm bringing our troops home! When really they're not home long enough to meet their new children then they're off again to war somewhere else...somewhere more dangerous!

rodriguez the way our military has been treated, having to do tours in Iraq as many as five times, is absolutely horrible. And calling up our reserves and treating them like regular Army is horrible too. We have really depleted our personnel and the families of our soldiers have paid a very high price as well.

I know that wars are not only for trying to resolve political problems but they also have to do with economics in the U.S. What I know for sure is that war and killing is bad and should be avoided at all costs. But that doesn't seem to be the American way. And we're told that it is what keeps us the strongest nation on earth.

However I think we're missing the boat by depleting our Armed forces to this extent and we're going to pay an enormous price for it later. Of course we've already paid an enormous price just for Iraq alone both in personnel and for the billions we spent every month to keep us there.

It makes me sick to my stomach that guys like Bush and Cheney managed to send our men and women off to possibly die or be maimed in a senseless war. And they personally aren't having to pay a price for having done it. And in fact, I have no doubt whatever that they both profited from it.

The new president is having to deal with the hand that was dealt him. I don't believe that he is pro-war at all. I do think that he's been briefed that we need a presence in Afghanistan to prevent certain things from escalating. I hope he will get us out of there as soon as it is practical!

I'm sure your President feels the same way as you do, so why doesn't he pull them out of there? He should end this war right now. What the heck is his problem?

There are many things I do not see eye to eye on with "my" president, this is probably the chief amongst them. Whlile I do disgree him on some things, he is in my opinion, our best President in a very long time.

Edited by KartMan

rodriguez the way our military has been treated, having to do tours in Iraq as many as five times, is absolutely horrible. And calling up our reserves and treating them like regular Army is horrible too. We have really depleted our personnel and the families of our soldiers have paid a very high price as well.

This is why advocate for a draft (a fair draft, not the joke of a draft we had in the 60's). With a draft, the whole country would share the terrible cost of war. If we all had friends and family in harms way, I bet we could find away to end these sensless wars and would be less likely to enter into them in the future.

If Dubya's daughters had to go to Iraq with a rifle in their hands or sit atop a tank trying to spot snipers, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would not have enjoyed the night of "shock and awe" nearly so much.

I really like the idea of every 18 year old American serving their country in the military for a couple of years. No exclusions for anything except handicaps. Everybody would have a physical investment in providing service to their country. It would do a lot for our national defense. It would teach our young people how to take care of themselves and how to stand up for their co-workers. It would give many of them some practical skills that they could use in private business. And very importantly, it would be the great equalizer. No more wealthy kids getting a pass. No more politicians kids (like George W. Bush) just not showing up to serve their country.

Edited by BJean

I just thought I would share this article that I ran acrossed today... Ads tell women: "Abortion changes you" - Broadsheet - Salon.com

My favorite quote from this article is at the end (It's a short article): I don't recall seeing any subways ads featuring a woman knee-deep in dirty diapers with the text, "I thought life would be the way it was before."

I wish that we could spend all the anti-abortion campaign money on preventing unwanted pregnancies instead. I know that accidents would still happen but with todays available birth control we could prevent 99% of them. 1 shot, 4 times a year would save hundreds of thousands of babies from being aborted each year.

Amen to that!!!

yes I believe in pro choice. an unborn child has the right to choose what it wants to do with it's life. not a person choosing for him or her.

Amen to that!

depo prover is a shot that's taken every 3 months that kills the baby. Life begins at conception and depo provera kills the baby after the sperm meets the egg and washes it out of the woman.

depo prover is a shot that's taken every 3 months that kills the baby. Life begins at conception and depo provera kills the baby after the sperm meets the egg and washes it out of the woman.

Once again spouting off about something you know nothing about.

The mechanism of action of progestogen-only contraceptives depends on the progestogen activity and dose. High-dose progestogen-only contraceptives, such as injectable DMPA, inhibit follicular development and prevent ovulation as their primary mechanism of action.[2] [3] The progestogen decreases the pulse frequency of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release by the hypothalamus, which decreases the release of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) by the anterior pituitary. Decreased levels of FSH inhibit follicular development, preventing an increase in estradiol levels. Progestogen negative feedback and the lack of estrogen positive feedback on LH release prevent a LH surge. Inhibition of follicular development and the absence of a LH surge prevent ovulation.[4] [5]

A secondary mechanism of action of all progestogen-containing contraceptives is inhibition of sperm penetration by changes in the cervical mucus.[6]

Inhibition of ovarian function during DMPA use causes the endometrium to become thin and atrophic. These changes in the endometrium could, theoretically, prevent implantation. However, because DMPA is highly effective in inhibiting ovulation and sperm penetration, the possibility of fertilization is negligible. No available data support prevention of implantation as a mechanism of action of DMPA

You don't want to keep babies from being aborted you just want something to complain about. Every time someone proposes a solution you jump on it because if there were no abortion that is one less group of people you could feel superior to.

PG,

Please don't make up falsehoods about depo. You can't be pregnant and go and get contraception like this. Everyone knows they give you a pregnancy test first to determine if you are pregnant.

Depo stops the release of any eggs. It doesn't kill eggs.