Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Good grief Carrie!!! Maybe you need to just step away from the thread. Seems like it's getting to you, eh? :crying:

My brother, the doctor thinks that those who provide abortions are women's best friends. I am inclined to agree.

I have read the Bible and I have found zero commentary to indicate that foetuses are "ensouled" at the moment of conception. This fantasy would indicate that the squeamish do require an argument to control the sexual activities of women; this stinks of gynophobia.

Good grief Carrie!!! Maybe you need to just step away from the thread. Seems like it's getting to you, eh? :crying:

The funny thing is I haven't even been reading it lately! LOL!

I don't want someone in the government telling me what I can or can't do to my body. Afterall, "they" could decide that no one should have the lap-band or other weight loss surgeries. "They" could just say that God (and I'm a believer) decided that we should be fat.

I firmly believe that it is a decision that should be made by a woman and her physician and that everyone else should "butt out"; it's none of my business. Furthermore, I believe that no woman makes a decision to terminate a pregnancy lightly.

That was a very well written post!!! Bravo dare. I agree 100%!

I recently read a long and very interesting text called Misogyny, written by a man called Jack Holland. This very user friendly book is a history of woman-unfriendly attitudes which seem to be ingrained in both our philosophies and religious teachings. We take these for granted. As a woman, I am very wary of any and all governmental exertions to curtail my personal freedoms.

It would be natural for those who both dislike and fear thin, self-confident, attractive women to wish to see us on an sad and endless treadmill of hopeless dieting to enact laws that ban the band. I see the laws countering freedom of choice in much the same way. A woman, once pregnant, pays a horrible price - economic, and physically and for her time for her moments of sexual freedom both now and post-menopausally. As for men, it is just fertilize and run. Their job is done.

I like how they use terms like Child-killing. Thank you at least now I know to tell my hubby that I don't want to live in N.D. lol. This is a sad day for women living there :lol:

You yourself have called "it" a child and a baby. Abortion kills that entity. So for those who understand the unborn to be a child, the term "child-killing" isn't so out-of-line. Of course, for those who are in favor of abortion, it's unacceptable rhetoric, but you were reading a pro-life site so it's quite understandable.

I never said the term was out of line

I never said the term was out of line

Sorry; I read your comment that you "like" the term child-killing to be sarcasm. Didn't mean to assume something you didn't mean. If you like the term, you should start using it :lol:

I just think they use words that they think will sound the worse against abortion...when they could just have easily said they are against abortions...

The pro-abortion movement uses lots of other words to describe pro-lifers, other than just simply "those against abortion". There's nothing wrong with using a synonym here and there, and for calling a spade a spade.