Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

There is no question in my mind what I would do if I were preggers with a handicapped child. It is unfair, in my estimation, to bring a child into the world who will have to deal with limitations of those kinds. It isn't at all about the convenience or inconvenience to me, or the love that I might have for one of my own offspring even though he/she were seriously handicapped. It is all about the child and the quality of his or her life. If we are to really consider what life will be like for the child, we shouldn't want anyone to suffer that way. For me, it would be very selfish of me to bring a handicapped child into the world if I could prevent it.

Obviously a lot of people do not feel the way I do and this is another huge issue on which anti-choice people and I disagree.

As I have said before, my son is disabled/special needs. I wouldn't change him for anything in the world! I love my son and I don't think it would have been selfish if I would have know about his problems. I would not have aborted him...I love him very much. :w00t: Everyone is different though and those who do not share my choice should have the right to go in the direction that is right for them. :thumbup:

Wow. I wonder what all of you open-minded people would do if your infant were disabled at 3 months old in a car crash.

gadget, that is an entirely different situation. It is in no way the same as far as I'm concerned.

rodriguez: I did not mean to be insensitive! I had completely forgotten that you have a handicapped child. I want you to know that I think you are wonderful for being such a loving and caring mother. If I had a handicapped child or one who was damaged in any way, I would cherish him or her and would do everything I could for him, just like you do.

I was only saying that if I had a choice of whether or not to prevent a handicapped child from being born in the first place, that I would choose not to do it for his or her sake. It is very personal and hard for some people to understand. But I am a very empathetic person and it is physically painful to watch someone suffer.

I didn't take it wrong :w00t:. Everyone is different. I know that it would be a hard choice to make for some. Sometimes I forget I have a handicapped child :thumbup: lol. I just think you should have the right to abort for reasons like that if you think it would be hard on the child and hard on you to raise a child with problems...it is not an easy task, but it can be so rewarding. Some of the doctors even told me that if while I was pregnant they would have seen that the fetus was missing muscles and had all the problems that they would have probably recommended abortion...I'm glad I have my son. You would never really know just by looking at him that he was handicapped...he is an amazing little guy...who by the way turns 2 tomorrow...lol. They gave him an hour to live and look how far he has come :thumbup: I'm so excited!!! lol.

As I have said before, my son is disabled/special needs. I wouldn't change him for anything in the world! I love my son and I don't think it would have been selfish if I would have know about his problems. I would not have aborted him...I love him very much. :thumbup: Everyone is different though and those who do not share my choice should have the right to go in the direction that is right for them. :thumbup:

Your post displays that you have a fine attitude, one that is very accepting of others who think differently from yourself. I think that your son is lucky to have such a mum.

I totally agree with green, you have an exceptional attitude and your son is fortunate to have such a sharp mom!

THank you so much! We have been trying to raise him like a "normal" child and to us he is a "normal" child....

Depending on who is in office at the White House, we may just go back and forth on the issue of abortion because it seems to be one of the big topics that the parties go back and forth on. I feel that the government should not fund abortions with tax payer money. Even if they deem it is your 'right' to have an abortion. Obama wants to fund family planning, which can include abortions. You have a 'right' to privacy in this country, but noone expects the government to pay for your window shades.

The question of a woman's right to choose would be settled, since we have a strong Bill of Rights and a great Constitution, except people with a personal agenda keep trying to get it outlawed for women to be able to take charge of their personal medical decisions.

I understand your desire for there to be no governmental funding for abortions. However it is a medical problem and all people should be able to have access to the same kind of medical care in this country.

The religious right have argued for decades that sex education should be left to the parents, that birth control should not be distributed to teenagers, and that everyone should insist that their children just abstain from having sex until they are married. What they won't admit is that those things don't work, except to ensure that there will be plenty of babies having babies.

Obviously many of the religious right have less of a problem with young kids having babies than they do with their kids having unprotected sex.

The religious right only wants to do what's right in God's eyes. If humans would be obedient to what God has planned and obey his laws, we wouldn't have these problems.

I, for one, feel that gov. should stay out of parents lives. Parents should teach their own children about sex ed and hand out the condoms if they feel it is needed. When a pregnancy comes about in their child's life, it is the parents problem, not the governments. Whether it works or not is up to each family to uphold. The gov. needs to stick to providing ONLY the things that individuals can't for themselves, like police and military and firemen and emergency help. There is way too much gov, intrusion as it is. I am opposed to gov. medical coverage for all in this country. I feel each person should obtain their own ins., as well as retirement plan. When the gov puts their hands into everything the people do, we lose free enterprise and control and freedoms and rights and more and more of our paychecks, cause nothing they do is free.

I also think sex education should be up to the parents. But how many parents are going to put their daughters on birth control when she asks for it? I'd say very few. My mother always preached no sex until marriage. That's why I'm so glad Planned Parenthood was around for my birth control.

I am lucky that my parents were very open about sex and everything that goes with it! :scared2: Not all kids are so lucky!

The religious right wants the government to do what's right in THEIR eyes. They've decided only they know what's right in God's eyes. They have interpreted it all for everyone else. And they are hell bent on forcing all Americans to worship the religion of THEIR choice.

This country was not founded by people who thought that all Americans should be Christians. They came to this country to flee from religious persecution.

The religious right in this country have gone off the deep end. They have decided that they are the only people who know God. What the religious right want for this country goes against everything that our founders fought to give us.