Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

In this mornings service, Our pastor spoke briefly about the proverb that says "The fool says in his heart there is no God." Now, before you jump all over me because you feel I am calling you names, let me just say that the God who created you calls you foolish if you say he doesn't exist. Not me.

rodriguezequal, most christian churches preach on different subjects than others, but what I was talking about is they all believe in Jesus as the way to get to heaven.They believe he is God. If they preach that they are the only true church of God, then they are mistaken, for there will be many people from many 'christian' churches, and even some who never entered a church, who will make it to heaven. Just remember, the 'church' of God is the individual people who believe in him, NOT the building and their doctrine. There will always be christian churches who get things wrong, cause man is not perfect, and makes mistakes, but the important issue to get right is that Jesus is the Savior who died for us so we could go to heaven. If you believe this, then it doesn't matter what christian church you attend. God only wants us to know how to get from here to there. If we make mistakes in choosing a church to attend, he will show us while we're there. You don't even need to go to a church if you don't want to. Christianity is personal relationship with Jesus. You can have that in your living room or anywhere.

This is about abortion. I am tired of discussing religion with you. I am not a Christian and I never will be. I like what I am and have no intention of "converting". You're happy being Christian and that is great, but I am happy where I am. Did anyone else hear about the Octo mom's 911 call...lol. Wow!

Yep, I am not Christian. I was lucky, I guess, in that I was raised by a bunch of atheists. It is true that they did send me away to a boarding school run by a bunch of Christians and that was a very nasty shock for me. I briefly "got" religion and "got" my revenge on my parents for my exile for coming home and, like the good Battygreen, tormenting my folks with my saintliness. lol

You are mistaken about me if you think that I feel I am a 'saint', or above anyone else here, Cause I do not feel that way. I am not a perfect peson and I know my own faults better than anyone. I am thankful to Jesus who took the punishment for my many wrongs in this life, for if He didn't, I would be lost eternally, because I sin every day.

All emergency departments have to do is make sure you are stable and then they can release you...

You are right. And if it is not a true emergency, they can refuse to see you.

Well this straying from the original topic has been a welcome respite for me. I find patty's rants about Jesus being God and about heaven and who's getting in, to be sadly amusing.

I have been where Patty's been. I took the Bible as God's word. I believed that we persecuted Jesus and that he died for our sins on the cross. I believed that if I wanted to go to heaven when I died that I had to be baptised.

As I grew up intellectually and physically I noticed that those Christian sinners who preach ad nauseum about how right they are and how wrong everyone else is, are filled with buzz words and rethoric that they've been fed all their lives. Just like I was.

And Fundamentalist christians are so out on a limb that there is no room for discussion. Every legitimate question is answered with the pat answers that they've been told like folklore down through the ages. They call it "faith".

They know they're right because the Bible tells them so. They know the Bible is God's actual words because preachers told them so. Their preachers tell them every time they go to church that they are going to hell if they don't follow the word of God (which they said is written in the form of the Bible). They tell them that the only way into heaven is to accept Jesus as their savior and then none of their sins matter, they'll get into heaven, just so long as they always ask forgivness for the dirty rotten things they do.

I just can't rationalize living that way. If you ever stop to consider the way Christianity came about, if you ever question the discrepancies in the Bible, without accepting the irrational answers that have been fed to you your whole life, it doesn't take you long to understand what organized religion is all about and how and why Christianity became what it is today. You also understand how fully endoctrinated extremist Christians are and why they revel in it.

I respect people who believe in God and who love reading the Bible, if they aren't fundamentalist, brainwashed, extremists. To me, Chistian fanatics are in some ways similar to extremists in any other religion.

Pattygreen's beliefs are largely irrelevant to everyone but her; I don't believe that she has figured this out, however, as she persists in bludgeoning us with these largely unwelcome posts.

It's obvious that fundamentalists either choose not to listen to people who disagree with them or they just do not know how to discuss religious beliefs. Preaching they can do.

Do you get the impression that they need, desperately, to repeat the same carefully structured lines over and over to convince themselves thatwhat they say they believe is true?

Btw, in the Bible it says that calling a person a "fool" is one of the the worst things you can call him.

Pattygreen's beliefs are largely irrelevant to everyone but her; I don't believe that she has figured this out, however, as she persists in bludgeoning us with these largely unwelcome posts.

If my posts are so unwelcomed, then why do you respond to them?

It's obvious that fundamentalists either choose not to listen to people who disagree with them or they just do not know how to discuss religious beliefs. Preaching they can do.

I discuss religious beliefs just fine. You just don't like what I have to say.

Do you get the impression that they need, desperately, to repeat the same carefully structured lines over and over to convince themselves thatwhat they say they believe is true?

I don't need to convince myself of anything. Nature and the world around me shows me there is a creator. For if there is a painter, then there is an artist.

Btw, in the Bible it says that calling a person a "fool" is one of the the worst things you can call him.

I didn't call anyone a fool. GOD said that. Not me. So, your problem will be with him.

------------------------------------------------

It would be almost impossible for me to speak on why I believe abortion is wrong if I can't bring my beliefs in God into the subject, for it is because he says that it is a sin that I have my belief in the first place. Therefore, since you don't want to be "preached to" as you say I am doing, I will end this thread with you once again, for I don't appreciate being made fun of anymore than you think I am offending you. I certainly didn't have any ill intentions to offend anyone here. sorry.bye.

If my posts are so unwelcomed, then why do you respond to them?

Because I am a pig; I enjoy mud wrestling....

It isn't that I don't like what you have to say. It is that you won't discuss our differing opinions. You preach.

I don't need to convince myself of anything. Nature and the world around me shows me there is a creator. For if there is a painter, then there is an artist.

These seem like well-orchestrated buzz words that seem trite in the grand scheme of things. There's that "faith" thing again, eh?. Because if you were to really ponder life and nature and art, it would be easy to say that because there are all these things and we can trace their evolution, we have proof that evolution is the creator.

As for the "fool" statement, it was your preacher who called people fools. Not God. And you reiterated what your preacher said, so I think that you're saying it too. Not God.

I dreamed the other night that there was a high school that was loading girls up on buses and taking them to get abortions. LOL!!!!!!!!

Wow...lol. That is quite a dream. Haha. Crazy! :crying: