Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

No I wasn't trying to rationalize her actions at all...I guess I was just trying to think that she didn't see the baby as trash, but in all likely hood she probably did at that point...like I said before I would just like to believe that no one is that heartless (even though I know they are)...I didn't say anything about unwanted children being abused or anything like that. I was wanted and I got my assed kicked until I was 16 and willing to fight back. It's just sad that this young lady felt that she had no other route to go...like she thought that was her only way out...I wish more people knew about safe havens...

No I wasn't trying to rationalize her actions at all

Oh, gosh, I try so hard not to say things that can be misinterpreted, but I think I've failed again. I didn't think for one second that YOU were trying to rationalize her actions. I meant that SHE was trying to rationalize her actions. I've had a long weekend and I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

I guess I was just trying to think that she didn't see the baby as trash, but in all likely hood she probably did at that point...like I said before I would just like to believe that no one is that heartless (even though I know they are)

People in crises can be incredibly heartless. I've seen it time and time again, unfortunately. It's very sad that human beings can get to the place where others are so unimportant to them. I'm not just talking about this issue. I'm constantly astonished by the wanton disregard for human life that is rampant in our society. I recently had a family friend who was murdered in cold blood in his place of business (police are still investigating but we think it was a murder for hire), and it really gave me pause about how someone could sink to the level where they could destroy another person, his family, his business, etc. It is very, very sad what we place value on in this society.

I didn't say anything about unwanted children being abused or anything like that. I was wanted and I got my assed kicked until I was 16 and willing to fight back. It's just sad that this young lady felt that she had no other route to go...like she thought that was her only way out...I wish more people knew about safe havens...

Again, I was off on a bit of a tangent on the child abuse things, just trying to make a comparison to the devaluation of human beings in today's society. I know you didn't bring it up. I'm so sorry for what you suffered, though. Child abuse is a despicable act, more so than other types of violence (IMO) because it preys on the innocent.

It is sad that more don't know about safe havens, or at least perceive them to be a viable option.

Don't be sorry...I'm still young and sometimes don't let what I'm reading sink in all the way before responding. I see what you are saying though. It said that they were going to do an autopsy to see if the baby was living when it was thrown in, but she admitted that the baby had a heart beat and was breathing when she had it...It just blows my mind the things that people will do...I wish that actions like this would be a wake up call to others, but it's just like every summer when people leave their babies in the hot car...they never think it will happen to them...drives me crazy!!!

I know, it's terrible. They said her Mom and sister talked her into going to the police. I don't understand how she could have given birth at home by herself. She must have been pretty desperate for no one to find out in order to go through that alone.

instead of killing the baby in the lake, which is gonna get her a murder charge and a time in prison, she should have aborted it yesterday and gotten off free and clear. (under Obamas new law):cursing::thumbup: I'm sure all you prochoicers wouldn't have minded that! (sarcasm)

Why is it not ok to kill a baby if it comes through the birth canal, but it is ok if you do it before that magic moment???!!! I just don't see the logic?

She did try to have an abortion, but she was too far along to get one (in her state). I think she was probably ashamed that she had a one night stand and probably was just in denial that she was pregnant and waited too late before she could abort. Not that I think it's right, but I can see why some women don't get abortions early. A lot are just in denial that they are pregnant. There is a girl I work with who is pregnant and she was in denial about it for months because she already had 2 kids and she and her husband didn't want anymore. She also knew her husband was going to be mad. She didn't even go to the doctor and find out until about a month ago, and she is due next month!

Anyway, not that it was right, but this girl was probably really scared and somehow told herself it was ok to do what she did. I guess some people can rationalize anything if they are desperate enough.

It is too sad that that poor girl was unable to get herself an abortion and avoid all this circus. I believe, now more than ever, that abortions should be legal and easy to obtain. This poor girl was left all alone holding the bag for a one-night stand of having fun.... Reproduction certainly ain't fair to the woman.

instead of killing the baby in the lake, which is gonna get her a murder charge and a time in prison, she should have aborted it yesterday and gotten off free and clear. (under Obamas new law):biggrin::rolleyes: I'm sure all you prochoicers wouldn't have minded that! (sarcasm)

Why is it not ok to kill a baby if it comes through the birth canal, but it is ok if you do it before that magic moment???!!! I just don't see the logic?

Maybe for a second you can stop assuming that all prochoicers believe in late term abortions! I believe in abortions up to a point, but not that far along! She did seek an abortion, but as was said before she sought that help a little too late! It is not okay to kill the baby once it is out of the birth canal because it is now viable and breathing oxygen...it is crying it is a baby. When you are in early stages of pregnancy the baby is not viable...if born it would most likely not survive...

Unless the woman is proven to be suffering from some kind of post partum psychosis, I can't see ANY excuse that warrants her actions.

Unfortunately this is not an isolated case. It does happen all too frequently. And it is heartbreaking. Both for the baby and for the mother who is obviously suffering some kind of hell on earth. Whether it is because she is psychotic (as someone suggested) or just incredibly scared and unable to face the consequences of having to be resonsible for another human being, the end result is the same. The poor baby is dead.

Until our society puts aside the discrimination against women who become pregnant, who for some reason are not equipped to care for their babies, women will try to hide pregnancies or be in denial about the fact that they're pregnant.

Some women are so distressed and even sometimes so psychotic that they commit suicide. Some women kill their kids. These are not usually the same people who are responsible, informed, intelligent and level headed enough choose to abort an unwanted child, or give it up for adoption.

In the case of this poor young woman, we're not talking about every woman walking down the street who has to deal with an unwanted pregnancy. We're talking about a woman who cannot figure out a reasonable answer to the impossible situation she finds herself in.

Making women out to be "killers" and heartless and bad people if they choose abortion is a big, big part of the problem.

Making women out to be "killers" and heartless and bad people if they choose abortion is a big, big part of the problem.

Yeah, pro-lifers drove this woman to throw her baby out like a piece of trash. It's all our fault.

I didn't say that gadget. I said it is a big, big part of the problem.

You said, "I think stories like this are a direct result of the abortion mentality. If a baby is disposable before birth, why not after birth?"

I think you are quite wrong about that. If people really thought babies were disposable, they wouldn't think twice about getting pregnant and it wouldn't be such a traumatic problem for them if they did become pregnant.

Babies are VERY, VERY important, no matter who you are. People don't torture babies or drown them in a lake because they think babies are unimportant. They do those things because they are desperate.

I think that is so true. I have known so many girls who were pregnant and didn't want it, but were afraid to get an abortion because they were afraid of what people would say about them.

Maybe for a second you can stop assuming that all prochoicers believe in late term abortions! I believe in abortions up to a point, but not that far along! She did seek an abortion, but as was said before she sought that help a little too late! It is not okay to kill the baby once it is out of the birth canal because it is now viable and breathing oxygen...it is crying it is a baby. When you are in early stages of pregnancy the baby is not viable...if born it would most likely not survive...

You say you believe in abortions up to a point, but not that far along? Then when is that point exactly?

I think that is so true. I have known so many girls who were pregnant and didn't want it, but were afraid to get an abortion because they were afraid of what people would say about them.

Whatever their reason is for not killing a human being is fine with me. If they worry that others will say something about it, their right.

My neice was going in to have an abortion one afternoon, and when I found out she had it scheduled for that day, I pleaded with her not to kill the baby. I went so far as to tell her that if she delivered the child, and didn't want it, that I would raise her baby myself. I even told her that I would support her financially through the whole thing and pay her dr. bills. I gave her every option possible. She didn't heed my help and the baby was murdered. I cried for a long time over the loss of a great niece or nephew. I don't believe she ever cried once. her attitude was, "Well, I got rid of that 'problem'." Some people are just heartless about unborn children. They feel if they can't 'see' them then they really aren't human. Or if they can't breathe air yet, then they really aren't human.

I cried for a long time over the loss of a great niece or nephew. I don't believe she ever cried once. her attitude was, "Well, I got rid of that 'problem'." Some people are just heartless about unborn children. They feel if they can't 'see' them then they really aren't human. Or if they can't breathe air yet, then they really aren't human.

I just want to say something about this. When I had my son and the doctors told me that he was dying and had an hour left to live...I felt nothing. When they took me in to see his body as they worked on him, fighting to save his life. I still felt nothing. They first time I got to hold my son (3 days after he was born)...I felt something. Your body and you mind have a way of protecting your heart/you emotions. Just because you never saw her cry doesn't mean she didn't. Some people feel they have to be strong in front of others, some feel that when someone else is crying they have to be strong and comfort them...a lot of people would rather cry in private, where they don't have to worry about people trying to comfort them and saying that it will be alright because you don't know if it will be alright...sometimes you just need to go in a room alone and cry...really cry!

You say you believe in abortions up to a point, but not that far along? Then when is that point exactly?

Up until the point that the fetus is viable (I believe that is around 26-28 weeks).