Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

She probably incited the riot when she announced she was going to have more babies. They may have been crazy, but nobody's THAT crazy. Well except for her.

She is a nurse and said she is going to school to further her education.

I hope we don't see her on TLC like Jon and Kate plus 8!

Or the Duggers...yuck I hate those shows...lol. I think there should be a limit on how many kids you can have supported by the state...I'm just glad I don't live in CA anymore. I'm sure the government pays for her schooling too...

Hah! A reality show is probably exactly what she's angling for.

And with all the attention she's getting, she may just get one.

She needs to be investigated for work comp fraud! She has been collecting work comp and disibility for being in "constant pain" since she was caught in a riot in the psych hospital where she worked. Problem is, if you're collecting money for being in constant pain how the hell have you dealt with pregnancy every year at the same time?

You bring up a very good point. Pregnancy is gonna play havoc with the spine!!! Ouch!

That is sad. A lot of people don't know about the safe haven drop locations. In my hometown the hospitals and police station have signs saying that it is a safe place...It's sad that all she had to do was hand the baby to one of those places, no questions asked and she would be sitting at home and the baby would be taken care of :thumbup:.

I know, it's terrible. They said her Mom and sister talked her into going to the police. I don't understand how she could have given birth at home by herself. She must have been pretty desperate for no one to find out in order to go through that alone.

A lot of women have home births...my husband and his three siblings were born at home...

I think stories like this are a direct result of the abortion mentality. If a baby is disposable before birth, why not after birth?

I don't think so...I had an abortion, but if I had an unwanted baby I would not throw it in to the lake or smother it or anything like that. I am not a murderer. I did what I had to/needed to do at the time. If it was a result of something that I did I probably wouldn't have had the abortion...

I don't think so...I had an abortion, but if I had an unwanted baby I would not throw it in to the lake or smother it or anything like that.

I didn't mean to imply that you or anyone else here would do such a gruesome thing. What I meant was that for some people, since it's easy to deny the humanity of the unborn before birth, it makes it just as easy to deny the humanity of a baby right after birth. Life is a continuum, and just as the people in the abortion clinic found it easy to bag up the baby who survived the abortion and throw her away (because they do it every day with other babies who don't survive abortions), so also people in a crisis situation are susceptible to mentally denying the humanity of a newborn to the point of treating them like trash.

I understand what you are saying...I just think that in her mind she wasn't thinking oh this is the same as getting an abortion anyways...I think she was scared...of what I have no idea. Do I think that makes it okay no...do I think she needs to pay for what she did, yes, but I don't think it has anything to do with how she feels about a life. I don't know. I guess I would like to think that people aren't as cruel as that, but it just seems to me, since she was trying to hide it from her family, that she was scared. Maybe because her family is very religious and they don't believe in sex before marraige, maybe she was disgusted at herself for putting herself in the position to become pregnant...maybe she has some other kind of mentality, who knows maybe she's bipolar or has bad depression problems...I don't know I just don't think she was in her right mind...I am sad for the baby and I am sad for the woman...all around it's just sad. It happens more often then some people would think and a lot of the times we probably don't even know about because it was never seen, they were never caught...

None of us is in her head so we can't really know. I just see more and more of these types of situations every year and I have to think about how young mothers in crisis situations might try to rationalize such actions, and I see in that twisted rationalization that the same baby that could have been "thrown away" from in utero can just as easily be "thrown away" ex utero.

You see a similar situation with child abuse (systemic, familial, not the kind of ultimate abuse that this mother undertook). Child abuse has risen since 1973 (Roe), and despite common misconceptions, most abused children were planned and "wanted". The pro-abortion mantra that if we just allow mothers to abort, we will "cure" child abuse has been 100% disproven, as abortion is readily available and yet child abuse is consistently on the rise.

I believe human beings run into problems when they try to compartmentalize basic humanity, drawing a dividing line between when a human being is a human being and when he's not. It's the same thing we saw with slavery and with Nazi Germany: if the "powers that be" simply define the person you want to oppress as "less than" human, some people can be convinced that it's ok to treat them as garbage.

If a mother in a crisis situation can simply blind her eyes and view her child the same way she did a few months ago when the baby wasn't entitled to the protection of the law, I can see how she can be drawn to the point where tossing her baby in a lake or a trash can is acceptable.

Will we ever know for a fact what brought her to such a place? It's doubtful. But I believe because we are not fundamentally a culture of life, things like this become easier and easier for people to rationalize.