Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Yeah...that sounds about right :rose:. I would assume that she would be able to make up her mind by then (unless she's in denial). I just find late abortions especially in the third trimester disgusting and sick...sad. Also I was reading about the lady that has 14 kids...did you see her nose job and fake lips...who's paying for that? She also had a freshly done french manicure, sounds like a few things a women on workmans comp and food stamos shouldn't be spending her money on, especially when she is living in her parents 3 bedroom home and getting loans to go to school...oh and begging people to send her money...sounds selfish to me...

Yea, I know! I noticed those fingernails right off! I can't even afford to have mine done! And those lips are just nasty!!

I'm not saying limited, but when you are looking for help to raise children and getting government assistance, I think that you looks should not be the priority over your children...She gets food stamps and disability for 3 of her kids and she is on workman's comp...She is being an irresponsible mother

Not specifically her. Let me rephrase the question: should a woman who has the means to pay for plastic surgery and the desire to do so be able to get any plastic surgery she wants to get? Or should her plastic surgery options be limited in any way?

I don't really think a limit, but I think the surgeons need to stop at a point...like lets say a woman who has already had 5 nose jobs goes in for one more...should the surgeon do it just because she can pay or it? I think that there should be a limit on how many of each procedure you can have done unless it is a procedure to repair the procedure before it...that's crazy to have 5 nose jobs or numerous breast jobs...it's just crazy! lol

OK, you're confusing me. Do you think there should be a legal limit to a woman's getting as many cosmetic surgery procedures as she wants? Are you saying that there shouldn't be a legal limit but that you think people who go overboard are a bit crazy (in other words, it should remain legal even though people abuse it) -- so you're not wanting a legal limit but you'd prefer it if people would self-limit?

OK, you're confusing me. Do you think there should be a legal limit to a woman's getting as many cosmetic surgery procedures as she wants? Are you saying that there shouldn't be a legal limit but that you think people who go overboard are a bit crazy (in other words, it should remain legal even though people abuse it) -- so you're not wanting a legal limit but you'd prefer it if people would self-limit?

I think as long as a woman does not have any psychological issues like body dismorphic disorder there should not be a limit on how much plastic surgery she can have.

However i think its up to the surgeon giving the surgey to recognize those issues and put a stop to it if they realize that no amount of plastic surgery is going to make that patient happy .

Just as i believe there is a failure in the WLS community with the psych exams, I believe there are certain people who are not good canidaties for the surgery yet they are able to get it done because they are not properly looked at.

part of the responibility falls on the patient and part on the doc . Make sense ?

mindy

lol I'm not saying that it should be limited I just think that surgeons should use better judgement then just a paycheck. I also think that they should have to go through a psych eval to insure that they aren't suffering from body dismorphic disorder or anything else that may cause them to get numerous operations, but in the end I guess it is their money and thier body...so my final answer is no it should not be limited. They are not hurting another human being, they are just messing with themselves...yeah...lol

I get it. Now, you've said that you don't think women should get abortions after 8-12 weeks, and certainly not in the third trimester. I'm wondering what your reasoning is for this -- other than "she should know what she wants to do by then". Because "she should know what she wants to do by then" isn't really a good reason for limiting what presumably is someone's right to do -- just like limiting how many plastic surgeries someone has isn't our right to do, even if we think they're a little loony for doing them over and over and over again.

I get it. Now, you've said that you don't think women should get abortions after 8-12 weeks, and certainly not in the third trimester. I'm wondering what your reasoning is for this -- other than "she should know what she wants to do by then". Because "she should know what she wants to do by then" isn't really a good reason for limiting what presumably is someone's right to do -- just like limiting how many plastic surgeries someone has isn't our right to do, even if we think they're a little loony for doing them over and over and over again.

8-12 weeks when your in that situation is NOT a lot of time to decide what to do . espically if your a scared shitless 15,16,17 yr old girl who has not idea what to do ! Your suppose to decide what to do with the rest of your life in a few weeks time ? I dont think so . I have been in that situation and that is NOT enough time to decide what to do , add in there you probably cant tell your parents or dont tell your parents until much later on if at all ! You should think about that !!!!

So I agree with Gaget .

As for the plastic surgery thing , I could go either way on that. But I tend to say as long as its not a pschy issue its not an issue, the doc has to decide if its too much .

Mindy

You are right about my neice. I'm not sure if she cried or not. Maybe she cries about it now, I don't know. I would like to think that she has some remorse. Without it, she could never receive forgiveness from God.

Something else I'd like to say is there are so many people (including some on LBT) who comment on how selfish the octuplets mom was and who talk about how she should be 'hung' for what she did, etc. Yet people have no problem with abortion, which to me is far, far, far worse than anything she has done. ( I believe life begins at conception)

These would be the pro-choice folks who believe that one does not deliberately start out to have a litter of babies - and by opting to have a litter you are deliberately opting to elevate the chances of having the either/or the physical or mental health of these infants compromised! - without the means or ability to adequately raise them. Off course we think that this idiot should be hung! How can we not??? These are the actions of someone who thinks that babies are like toys or kittens. This case is very shocking, very repellent to us.

As for your own niece, I note that you are unable to keep your nose out of that case. "Judge not, lest ye......" didn't your God say this to you, Pattygreen? Maybe your niece is an atheist, (and truly doesn't care about the fate of foetus) exhausted and repelled by the perfumed odor of your very public piety.

I said that plastic surgery shouldn't be limited. I also believe that 3-4 months into a pregnancy is enough time to make up your mind...If you are too scare to tell your parents that you got pregnant because you were having sex at the age of 14, 15, 16 then you have no business having sex. If it was a rape then I would understand that you may be scared and upset, but if you can't talk to your parents then who can you talk to (That's how I was raised at least)? Besides you can go to planned parenthoods and have an abortion for free. These doctors cannot tell your parents, it's a confidentiality thing. So, yes 3-4 months into a pregnancy seems like a reasonable amount of time to me to make up ones mind.

If someone thinks plastic surgery should be limited, who's going to head up the plastic surgery police squad? The same folks who've decided they're the abortion police squad?

Maybe you could set up a council and have each proposed plastic surgery patient plead their case before the council chooses to grant or deny surgery?

Or like with abortion, you could just try to get all plastic surgery banned. It's a form of self-mutilation and I'm sure God isn't happy with a self-mutilator. God made us the way we are and we should accept that it is God's plan for us. And the folks who actually know what God thinks are the ones who will let us know what our laws should ban, medically.

Oh, wow, then I am doubly-damned for I have had plastic surgery and an abortion and have not shed a tear for either. But I did enjoy the drugs....!