Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Another site that I am on - one that is run by men and is mostly men - not only permits us to discuss these topics but lets us use foul language! It is violent but it is interesting.

I personally do not have a problem with using foul language . I have the mouth of a sailor i'll admit it .

But others get offended im sure.

So we i think try to keep a happy middle ?

Mindy

Originally Posted by *Susan* viewpost.gif

On another forum I am on, there are two forbidden topics. If the topics come up, the thread is immediately locked. Why, because people are unable to discuss these two topics in a rational, calm and non-attacking manner. Care to guess what those two topic are?

Yep, religion and politics.

I am starting to think banning any reference to those two topics is a pretty good idea.

I second that emotion !!! LMAO

Other blogs do talk about politics and religion, but they have respect for people too. You must have respect for others to talk about it. I love talking on several blogs because they always say okay, that can be offensive to someone, and then the others agree. Its according to what type of people you are dealing with on a blog.

I am a devout Christian, but one thing my Mother taught me is that everybody does not believe the same way. I have witnessed to others on the rough streets in California early in my Christian walk, and I have come to know that everybody's different, and you can not force anything on anybody. If it is forced on, it can be forced off, and that is not my goal.

Hi. There is one thing that I would like to make clear if I may. I know that not everyone believes in God and that is their choice. I also know that I can not force what I believe on anyone or convert anyone to christianity,(nor is it my goal to do so) because I know that that is the Holy Spirits job, and His only. But God desires for me to plant seeds and Water them so he could bring forth flowers. Therefore, I am not ashamed to speak of my reasons for why I feel certain ways on different issues. I understand that unbelievers may not have the same stand on abortion as I do (or other issues as well). That is their option. When we are debating these issues, how can we do so if we are in agreement? For then there would be no debate. If I call abortion murder, that is because that is exactly what I feel it is. If you call it a procedure and say there is no life being killed, then that is because it is the way you feel. Noone is trying to offend anyone here. (I know I'm not) You can't just have a discussion on abortion. That's not why we're here. This is a DEBATE. (Who supports the right to choose?) Sometimes people who don't agree with you may become angry or offended because you believe a certain way, and sometimes they are glad you agree with them. So, we rant and we rave.

I hope that everyone here knows that I am not out to offend anyone by my beliefs on any issues. But also that I will stand on what I believe, and do my best to defend it to others. You may do the same with me on your beliefs. Stand on them, and defend them, for they are yours.

That was nicely explained, patty. I don't mean to sound mean, but I have to say that it surprised me very much to think of you as being even-handed in a debate. I've always thought that of you as condescending and superior and even angry. So it was nice to read your last post and it makes me feel more respectful of you.

That was nicely explained, patty. I don't mean to sound mean, but I have to say that it surprised me very much to think of you as being even-handed in a debate. I've always thought that of you as condescending and superior and even angry. So it was nice to read your last post and it makes me feel more respectful of you.

thankyou, bjean.

I believe in God and I am prochoice.....

Carrie, don't you find that contradictory? For to believe in God, is to believe in all that he stands for. Even Satan believes in God. But we all know where he ends up.

Do you believe that God exists, but you just don't agree with him on the issue of abortion?

There are millions of people who believe in God and the right to choose. Even people in the clergy understand that in certain cases abortion is the only choice, and they are compassionate and supportive to the people involved.

I know you believe that abortion is murder, pure and simple. Many, many people disagree with you. Good people. Christian people. Intelligent and beautiful people. People from every walk of life. Carrie certainly isn't the only good, beautiful believer who is pro-choice. And for you to seem incredulous that she could be all of those things at once is very revealing.

There are millions of people who believe in God and the right to choose. Even people in the clergy understand that in certain cases abortion is the only choice, and they are compassionate and supportive to the people involved.

I know you believe that abortion is murder, pure and simple. Many, many people disagree with you. Good people. Christian people. Intelligent and beautiful people. People from every walk of life. Carrie certainly isn't the only good, beautiful believer who is pro-choice. And for you to seem incredulous that she could be all of those things at once is very revealing.

Goes back to pushing, shoving , throwing others beliefs in others faces like i was saying.

No reason for it . I totally agree w/ what you said BJ.

How HORRIBLE a person must be to believe in abortions !!!!

(can you hear my eyes rolling )

Mindy

Freaken amazing.. you can give Patty the benefit of the doubt yet not me. *I* have proven myself, Patty has not. Yet she (he) gets the benefit of the doubt.

Point proven.

What's your point? I mean the proven one. My earlier post to her might have proven your point, but I don't understand how the one you quoted does.

Earlier she actually said something decent. I was overwhelmed.

Wasa I have no idea how we've gotten to be adversaries. You have bounced around as much as I have lately. And much of it has been lost on me. I'm sure I come off as strident sometimes, but lately you have seemed a little extreme to me. I apologized on the other thread. I do not want to be your adversary. I appreciate your posts, nearly all the time and I have said so repeatedly. Yet you still snap at me. I just don't get it.

What is so revealing about it?

I have no doubt that Carrie is all those things.

There may be some who believe in God and believe in the right to choose, but I don't think it is millions. Anyway, If they do, they have not read what God has to say about it.

Did you know that even those in the clergy (as you call it) are human and may not have actually read the bible through.

When your husband says he loves you, and then cheats on you, does he really love you? When your friend says she loves you and then talks about you behind your back, does she really love you? My point is, you shouldn't say that you believe in God and then do the things he hates or tells you not to do.

You really can't comprehend that millions of people believe in a woman's right to choose?

You really believe that there are clergy who have not read the Bible? You have a problem with the term "clergy"? Why?

You really think you're the only person with a direct line to God's mind?

What you're saying is that "...you shouldn't say that you believe in God and then do the things he hates or tells you not to do." But what you really mean is that you shouldn't say that you believe in God and do the things that I'VE said he hates and tells you not to do.

We can read and interpret just as well as you can. Just because we do not interpret God's word to mean the same things that you do, doesn't mean we are wrong. It might just mean that YOU are wrong.

What's next? Do we start quoting scripture here? Line for line, head to head?

Well, I for one believe that humans are by their nature split in their personalities; that it is possible for one's mate to cheat on one and yet love one dearly; that it is possible to for one to have an abortion and yet be respectful of life. It is this basic incoherency in the human character that psychologists spend their time in university studying.

As an example of this dichotomy: Hitler, the character who had all those Jews demonized and killed off in the most brutal fashion, was also a vegetarian and adored animals. Here was a man who was capable of being tender towards all animals and merciless towards all Jews. Go figure, eh.... He was also a christian, they say.