Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Jennifer , it takes time !! You have Water weight you are not losing overnight it will happen and when it does it happened a fast!!! Relax its only been 4 days

Your doctor should have given you a post op diet schedule. Shame on him if not. I'll go by mine to help you out. No mashed potatoes until day 18 post op. This is a pureed food. You can either dry blend your Vitamins and take in a drink or get gummies/chewables and take 30 chews before swallowing. You should take vitamins for bariatric patients. You will do this for life. No swallowing pills whole until 30 days post op. You should be resting your stomach. I'm also on an acid blocker like Nexium for 2 months post op, Calcium, B12, D3, and Probiotics.< /p>

I was give the following regimen:

• Daily Multivitamin
  • BComplex with Thiamine (B-1) 50-100 mg
  • B12 = either 1000mcg monthly injection, or 500mcg daily or B-12 intranasal.
  • Elemental Iron 45-60mg a day with 500mg Vitamin c
  • Elemental Calcium with Vitamin D 1200-1500mg
  • *Do not take Iron and Calcium together, it cancels each other out chemically. Take separate

The only added thing was Pepcid after surgery. You can buy a pill grinder. Simple, cheap, grind, dump in your Protein Shake and keep going!

I had my surgery 01/16 and I'm up 2#s but I feel really bloated and have preggo tummy. I know it will come off eventually though. I'm not concerned.

Sleeved 1/5 down 21 lbs. I went shopping today for the puree stage. Everything taste diety to me. I don't like Protein Shakes, I bought diet snapple iced tea which is allowed. I normally am a Water drinker but sometimes I just need something else. Next step is to buy Protein Powder and just make shakes with fresh fruit. Feeling limited and hope it wont always be like this.

I was sleeved on 1/15. Today is the best day so far. food smells good to me. Before I didn't want to smell it, see it, or hear about it. I have all my Vitamins and medicines in liquid form except for my atenolol, my capsule he prescribed for digestion, and the acid reducer. I wad s little scared to swallow them but it has been fine. My biggest concern was small slow sips. It did take about 2 days for me to realize I needed to make my sips smaller but now I'm surprised I can take normal sips. Very cold liquids did hurt but they are fine now as well. I didn't get all my Protein in because, unlike I thought, I don't want them. But I have added more protein powder to the shakes. So basically I'm just having Powerade zero mixed with Water, plain water, Vitamin water zero mixed with water, popscicles. I could have broth but I just don't want it. I don't think my stomach is swollen. My incisions have tape over them and they have been glued. I've only been taking half the dose of pain medicine and not taking any nausea meds and removed the nausea patch behind my ear yesterday before my shower. I really wanted to go to church yesterday but it was a rough day all day long. Today has been great, I think the sunshine helps. I'm an logging all my meds and vitamins til I get used to it and feel confident that i won't forget anything. About the scale, I really haven't weighed much but I know I've lost about 7 lbs as of yesterday. I guess the numbers don't mean much to me now, I'm looking for shrinkage and smaller clothes, and feeling lighter! I stay in the recliner most of the day and i only go to bed at night. Slep thru the whole night last night which maybe why i feel so good today. Oh and I had really loud stomach sounds, and a ton of gas, it wasn't painful but I finally took a gas x strip and haven't had gas like that since except when using the restroom, and I have a bm a few times a day. But I'm not going to complain, I know soon I may have to deal with Constipation. Anyway, I'm so very thankful that everything had gone so well. I wad so scared of dying our some complications that would make me hate myself for doing this. But everything is fine, I'm so glad I'm on the path to a healthier life. I hope everyone on here is doing great also. Here's a pic, I have two more incisions that you can't see.

Edited by downsizingdiva

I am in HORRIBLE pain when I get up out of a chair or when I sit down! Once I'm in position I'm fine but the transition is excruciating! I'm hoping this is normal although I don't how much longer I can tolerate it!!!

I wanted to let yall know that a binder or something like Spanx sure does help.i had been wearing Spanx and then last night they were all in the wash and when I tried to get up or down or turn over in beef it felt like something was going to rip. So I swear by a Spanx, binder, or any somewhat tight body shaping cami. It's made all the difference for me.

Edited by downsizingdiva

I was told that gummies stent allowed. My doc suggested Viactiv Calcium (I bought the costco brand. It's on sale and the caramel is pretty good). Cream of wheat and Martha potatoes weren't okay until pureed stage for me. Which was 1 1/2 postop. Ive been going to Costco/Sams Club/restaurants for Soup variety.

A binder or some sort of abdominal support helped me a lot too. I use Flexees high waist underwear.

Edited by Redefined

Shoulder pain is awful. Day zero post op. RN says cuz filled cavity with air and it rises. Only way to resolve is to burp. Also said Surprised I didn't know to expect. Ugh

Otherwise abdomen pain bad but nothing I can't manage. It gas taken me about 15 to write thus post cuz I keep snoozing. ????????????lol

As soon as you fart twice I promise you will feel better. There is only two ways out as my nurse said. Any other fart after that, don't trust it. Trust me. :D Rest up.

Shoulder pain is awful. Day zero post op. RN says cuz filled cavity with air and it rises. Only way to resolve is to burp. Also said Surprised I didn't know to expect. Ugh

Otherwise abdomen pain bad but nothing I can't manage. It gas taken me about 15 to write thus post cuz I keep snoozing. lol

I was sleeved On 1/5/15...heartburn killing me. It is making it hard for me to get my Water in. I get so nausea with my chewable vitamins because I still haven't master to eat over 30 minutes. Each day is better and I am thankful to be down 20lbs!!