Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh oh oh!!! I've gotta idea. How about Minneapolis....the mall of america!!! We will all need new clothes!!!! Maybe no one lives there, but there's a GREAT MALL!!!! Okay, and I can take the train so it works better for me....but that's me being stingy and I'm not even an official 7...so I've gotta hush. I was just thinking, central, not so far south that it would be miserable, and MALL!!!!!!!!!! I love to shop!

MALL OF AMERICA!!! Now you've got my attention!! Hey, look... I'm online!! First time in a few days I've been able to stay on for more than a few minutes!! Really miss all of you. Trying to catch up on all the posts but have only read the last two pages so far!!

Love you all... it's been the pits not to be able to get online!!

I'm here, I'm here!

I've had some folks wondering where I am. Frankly, I have a daily update for the posts and I just can't find the time to read all the posts so I've given up.

I managed to get into a "goal dress" the other day...it was way cuter when I bought it two days after surgery, but I still think it was ok.

Weather's getting better in Nome...just in time for the Iditarod finish!

I'm halfway to my goal, but my goal isn't that realistic for me...I'd need surgery to get rid of the friggin' pannus!

'Nite all!

Oops, the "rich brother" thing came out wrong. I have two brothers. One of them is normal, the other always lets you know that he has money. I always refer to him as "my rich brother" kinda of sarcastically. It has nothing to do with us going to Minnesota. Actually, the last time I was at Mall of America--years ago--I was there with a friend. We were shopping, and all of a sudden this woman was just standing in front of me and I realized that it was my sister-in-law. She had no idea that I was in town, it was just a random thing! Another time the same thing happened to one of my sons who was at a Twins game with his high schhool class on a class trip and across the aisle was my nephew! It's just kind of bizarre.

OK, so Janet, are you keeping track of who's in? I don't mind sharing a room (which is not like me--I usually want my own room--but you guys are family)

Stephanie, good decision! I'm glad you're focusing on the positive--that's healthy. Hopefully your doctor can point you in the right direction. Talking to a therapist is just like talking to a really good friend except that they are trained to ask the right questions to help you uncover issues that you can't get to by yourself. They are trained communicators, and they know how to really listen to what you're saying and help you make sense of things. I've done it, and I'm glad that I did. I think everyone can benefit from the experience.

Well, I'm up early b/c I have to go to the airport this morning and meet my son during his 3-hour layover. He was interviewing for jobs in Mass. the last couple of days. I have mixed feelings about him moving so far away. I already have one son on the west coast, now this one is looking at the east coast. What's a mom to do?

There are several websites that you can track your calories that are good out there. I just found this one that is pretty interesting. They are adding exercise to it soon.

CRON-O-Meter

Good Morning Gang

Yes Linda I saw 3:30 a.m. and thought wth - but now I understand - airport..

Well, just got back from the gym - really didn't want to go - but it a Saturday morning riturial (sp) - I get there my Ipod is dead :lol:- so i walked slolwy 3.0 but did incline of 3 & 4 and for the last 1/4 of a mile did 4.0 speed.

I think everyones pms is rubbing off on me - I am in a blah mood today..

I am going to go shake & bake today - you want to know what that is - well we have a new tanning place and it's called triple dip - 5 minutes in a booth then spray on tan - then in a drying booth - I am very fair - call me casper and it takes forever for my legs to get color - so I am going to try this out - I use to go to the tanning booths when dh & I would go on a cruise - I can tan but have to do it slowly and I didn't want to go on a cruise be on the beach and get burned - so I would get a base - but now they have these spray on things - so going to try it - did it once a couple of years ago but it didn't last very long - this one is suppose too - I think it has something to do with the drying booth . We will see - i can tell you one thing - fat does look so much better tanned..

Marcy - Great to hear from you!! We have been wondering where you have been - Congrats on getting into that dress - It's funny how we can go to the store try something on and think it's cute then when you get home and put it on agian -it's not the same...

Phyl - Shopping !!! I think it would be a blast... We miss you too..

How was the trip to 29 palms??

Well not much to report on.. Hope everyone has a great weekend and that my mood improves - I thought exercise would help - but apparently not... so I gotta go put some clothes in the dryer - will ck back later...

Wow... says my signal strength is "low", but I'm able to pull up websites!

29 Palms trip was okay... got our DRUGS... but Earl couldn't get his new old people military ID because they said he had to have a medicare card AND an appointment. We think his medicare card must have gotten lost in the mail because when we called medicare, they said they mailed it Nov 19! Why would they mail it 6 mos before he turned 65??? He waited as a standby until they gave him that little piece of information. so we called & ordered another Medicare card. If it doesn't come by the end of the month, his military ID expires!

HOT in the RV... 80 degrees outside... I'm going to go sit on the patio & read!

HUGS to all!! I've missed LBT so much!!

So, let me tell you what happened to the 3-hour layover. Frist of all, DH dropped me off in the baggage claim area as whe had arranged. The Arrival board said that Luke's plane was "on time." So I sat down and waited. A few minutes later the arival board said that his plan had "arrived" so I continued to wait. 5 minutes later his flight dissapeard off the board? What's with that? 30 minutes later, I tried calling Luke--got his voice mail, so his phone was still turned off. Now, remember, this is Milwaukee Wisconsin and it is snowing outside (we've had record snowfalls this year, but that's another story). Milwaukee is NOT a particularly buzy airport. It takes maybe 15 minutes to taxi from the runway to the gates. I've never had it talke longer than that. (Not that I fly all that often, maybe a couple of times a year.) I waited another 10-15 min and finally Luke called me. They were finally deboarding the plane. Hum, I asked him what took so long and he said he'd tell me when he sees me.

Well, it turns out that either the plane that landed just before Luke's or had just attempted a take off before his had skidded off the runway and Luke's plane had to wait on the runway for permission to go to the gate. Now the airport was closed. OK, so what about his connecting flight? He didn't know. So we went to Breakfast at a resturant nearby.

After breakfast we called another son, Andy, while we were still at the resturant to ask him to check the airport website to see if the connecting flight was still on time. Yes, it was, so we brought Luke back to the airport and said our good-byes. But as we got near the airport I did note that there were no planes landing or taking off. Hummm. Sure enough, as we pull out of the airport the phone rings. "Um, my flight is cancelled." I told Luke to go to the ticket counter to rebook, and we turned around. Well, the only flight he could get was tomorrow. Nuts! Meanwhile Andy, who has his private pilot's license calls back. "You know, this is only lake effect show, and it's ending soon, and I could rent a plane and fly Luke to Michigan this afternoon." So Luke decides that would be fun, so he declines to rebook and asks for them to send his checked duffle bag to baggage claim. 3 hours later, still no duffle bag. So we file a lost baggage claim and leave the airport and drive 1 1/2 hours to the little county airport that Andy flies out of.

So the upshot is that at this moment, Andy, Luke, and a friend of Andy's who is also a pilot (with instrument rating--thank goodness) are somewhere over Chicago in a little Cesna plane. You can't fly over Lake Michigan in a single engine plane--you have to fly around it, and that means Chicago. I am going to have a little wine now and try to settle down.

So, let me tell you what happened to the 3-hour layover. Frist of all, DH dropped me off in the baggage claim area as whe had arranged. The Arrival board said that Luke's plane was "on time." So I sat down and waited. A few minutes later the arival board said that his plan had "arrived" so I continued to wait. 5 minutes later his flight dissapeard off the board? What's with that? 30 minutes later, I tried calling Luke--got his voice mail, so his phone was still turned off. Now, remember, this is Milwaukee Wisconsin and it is snowing outside (we've had record snowfalls this year, but that's another story). Milwaukee is NOT a particularly buzy airport. It takes maybe 15 minutes to taxi from the runway to the gates. I've never had it talke longer than that. (Not that I fly all that often, maybe a couple of times a year.) I waited another 10-15 min and finally Luke called me. They were finally deboarding the plane. Hum, I asked him what took so long and he said he'd tell me when he sees me.

Well, it turns out that either the plane that landed just before Luke's or had just attempted a take off before his had skidded off the runway and Luke's plane had to wait on the runway for permission to go to the gate. Now the airport was closed. OK, so what about his connecting flight? He didn't know. So we went to breakfast at a resturant nearby.

After breakfast we called another son, Andy, while we were still at the resturant to ask him to check the airport website to see if the connecting flight was still on time. Yes, it was, so we brought Luke back to the airport and said our good-byes. But as we got near the airport I did note that there were no planes landing or taking off. Hummm. Sure enough, as we pull out of the airport the phone rings. "Um, my flight is cancelled." I told Luke to go to the ticket counter to rebook, and we turned around. Well, the only flight he could get was tomorrow. Nuts! Meanwhile Andy, who has his private pilot's license calls back. "You know, this is only lake effect show, and it's ending soon, and I could rent a plane and fly Luke to Michigan this afternoon." So Luke decides that would be fun, so he declines to rebook and asks for them to send his checked duffle bag to baggage claim. 3 hours later, still no duffle bag. So we file a lost baggage claim and leave the airport and drive 1 1/2 hours to the little county airport that Andy flies out of.

So the upshot is that at this moment, Andy, Luke, and a friend of Andy's who is also a pilot (with instrument rating--thank goodness) are somewhere over Chicago in a little Cesna plane. You can't fly over Lake Michigan in a single engine plane--you have to fly around it, and that means Chicago. I am going to have a little wine now and try to settle down.

OMW Linda - Ya I think you deserve that wine - I have only been in 1 puddle jumper that held like 10 - 15 people that was small enough for me - Will keep them in my prayers..

Well went and did my triple dip - 20 minutes in some booth that only give good rays (yea right) then spray on tan - then to a stand up booth to bake it in - only did 6 minutes in this booth cuz since it was my 1st time i didn't want to burn - its now 4 hours later and I am seeing some color..

I am bored to death - this is where in tha past I would have just ate & slept - I can't find anything on t.v. to catch my interest - i can't eat - I had some low fat pringles - ate about 10 and am full - I am a little tight today - even drinking is a little hard - well that's cuz i take too big of a drink cuz i am such a nuckle head.

I could write some checks for my hoa dues - but that's boring - don't want to do that - don't know what i want to so - nothing really - this is where food play a big part in my life - but not any more - i wish I had a bike - the weather is great - a bike ride would be fun as long as I stay away from cars - I am a little clustzy...

Well, Just cking in - Linda I am having crangrape juice instead of wine :thumbup: Just let us know when they make it home ok. Being a Mom never ends,....

Janet, You won't believe it! They got to Chicago, but had to trun back b/c it was too overcast over the lake. He's comming home tonight and who knows what will happen tomorrow. I did some calling around, and there is a possibility he can ride with some other ppl who are traveling to Michigan tomorrow. The only other option is for me to take and drive back--a 12+ hour trip, which DH will be too busy to do (after wasting so much time today). OK, maybe that's not altogether fair, but if past experience holds true. . . KIDS! Well at least they're safley back on terra firma.

Yeah, I get bored a lot too and the cure for that has always been eating. (That cures just about everything) TV just doesn't do it for me either. Sometimes I like HGTV or TLC, but after awhile that gets old too. I've been working on a crossword puzzle while drinking my wine. I could be grading papers, but I just don't have it in me tonight.

Janet, You won't believe it! They got to Chicago, but had to trun back b/c it was too overcast over the lake. He's comming home tonight and who knows what will happen tomorrow. I did some calling around, and there is a possibility he can ride with some other ppl who are traveling to Michigan tomorrow. The only other option is for me to take and drive back--a 12+ hour trip, which DH will be too busy to do (after wasting so much time today). OK, maybe that's not altogether fair, but if past experience holds true. . . KIDS! Well at least they're safley back on terra firma.

Yeah, I get bored a lot too and the cure for that has always been eating. (That cures just about everything) TV just doesn't do it for me either. Sometimes I like HGTV or TLC, but after awhile that gets old too. I've been working on a crossword puzzle while drinking my wine. I could be grading papers, but I just don't have it in me tonight.

Linda

Glad to hear they are back on the ground.. :thumbup:

Ya I watch those channels too - I have a bunch of Lost episodes to catch up on I am just not in the mood... I agree that food cures just about anything - the only time i don't eat is if I am nervous upset - but other than that I would eat..

Well dinner is done calling my name - I am hungry so gotta make sure I slow down..

BTW how is your band doing????

If my memory serves me right (that's a big If)

Ruby TX

Karri - Or

Phyl - Desert or WA depending the time of yr

Kristin - CA

Brandy - Moving to FL

Kari - Mich Area ??

Jackie Iowa

Linda - Minnasota ??? I just know over there some where :thumbup:

Peaches - Canada

Mango- LA in lousiana

Step - Tenn ??

ME - CA

So that's 12 of us - who post the most here - Am I missing anyone??

5 on this side of the world

I guess what we really need to do is find out who wants to get together during the month of July??? A weekend kinda thing - maybe get in Friday night - and leave Sunday or Monday depending on your schedules...

OK - Let me know who really wants to the this and what kind of budget

The desert would be cheap - but HOT in July.. Chicago - Humid - since we were all banded in one of the hottest months in the yr - we are just going to have to deal with it...

Post who want to do this - !!!!

So nobody wants to come to Canada? Are we meeting in the US then???

Nobody PM'd me

Nobody PM'd me

Peaches!!! I would LOVE to come to Canada! The beach sounded WONDERFUL!!! But then mall of America popped into my head and now I'm all kinds of obsessed! I've never had a true REASON to go before so I've always stayed away. Now DH can't deny me. I have a reason AND he's on "the list". He hopes I have a good time :thumbup:

Now as for when, I think the weekend mentioned before works for me. The weekend after also does. Before that I have a few things, but I could probably work around just about any weekend except the 4th. I'm getting so excited. I'm like those little kids in the Disney commercial when the mom comes in and says they need to sleep and the little boy goes, "but we're too excited to sleep!!" rolling round on the bed. That's me!

Well, I'd better stop here and finish getting ready for church. I'll check in later and share some of my thoughts. I went on a road call with DH last night because it was an hour and a half drive one way and I worried about him falling asleep....but that's another story.....and I had a lot of time to think about a lot of stuff. I'll share it after church.

Happy Sunday all

Peaches!!! I would LOVE to come to Canada! The beach sounded WONDERFUL!!! But then mall of America popped into my head and now I'm all kinds of obsessed! I've never had a true REASON to go before so I've always stayed away. Now DH can't deny me. I have a reason AND he's on "the list". He hopes I have a good time :thumbup:

Now as for when, I think the weekend mentioned before works for me. The weekend after also does. Before that I have a few things, but I could probably work around just about any weekend except the 4th. I'm getting so excited. I'm like those little kids in the Disney commercial when the mom comes in and says they need to sleep and the little boy goes, "but we're too excited to sleep!!" rolling round on the bed. That's me!

Well, I'd better stop here and finish getting ready for church. I'll check in later and share some of my thoughts. I went on a road call with DH last night because it was an hour and a half drive one way and I worried about him falling asleep....but that's another story.....and I had a lot of time to think about a lot of stuff. I'll share it after church.

Happy Sunday all

What about the last weekend in July.... 28-31?? Just cuz then I could go on to Buffalo to see my Mom & family. Want to be there the first part of August.

I'm online again! It comes and goes! Nice sunny morning here. Talked to family in Buffalo yesterday as they were getting hit with their 2nd round of snow. They had 12 inches overnight, but that didn't stop my 85 yr old mother from making her weekly Saturday morning hair appointment!

!3_2_3v.gif

Nobody PM'd me

Peaches we didn't pm anyone - I don't remember who -but somebody suggested Mall of America - and that seems so far to be good for most - I think 4 of us Phyl - Linda - Jackie - Steph are those who have shown an interest (me too and maybe mango) I think part is not everyone has a passport plus we all love to shop.. so no hurt feeling ok..

Before we do any get planing realy need to get a good idea who can do this and idf 7/18 to 7/21 is a good date - I know that it's going to be hard for everyone to pick one date - but we have to. then I think we need a travel agent to pick and make all the plans thru them ??? I have traveled a bit - mostly cruise and I have always used a travel agent - but looks like some good deals on the interent - but since I don't know the area - I sure and the hell don't want to stay at a crappy hotel - one I looked at was a Days In or Holiday inn which and known hotels but noticed that some of the rooms didn't have a/c - I can't imagine a roome without a/c... I think MN gets hot too,

I think Kari would go too but she is in FL - haven't heard from Ruby on this subject yet Karri -

Alot would depend on peoples finances...

I assume you would want to go - cuz I don't think it's that far to travel for you.. I would have to pull out a map - but as memory serves me it's most likely closer for you than me - but heck what do I know thought Steph lived in TN not montana and they are far away from each other:biggrin:

I just picked the 18 cuz it was after the 4th and my son's bday is the 15th.

The 28th is a monday - I think most of us can do weekend more than weekday but we do have alot of teachers -

So here we go - Add your name to this post - and good dates for you and that you can go..

Janet - 7/11-14 or 7/18-21 or 7/25-28 All are good for me & Yes I would go.