Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

You know what - you are right about the Canadian's - I know a couple and they are very nice people - One of my clients bookeeper was from Canada and she and I were really good friend -

Ruby is a down under girl - do you have an accent?? Jachut is an assuie too.

Well I am just a natural born Desert Rat - I was born in Indio Califorina - never left and will most likey die here...

Yes I do have an accent. :biggrin2: My son has lost his since coming here in December 2003. When we call family back home and he speaks to them, he says "They all talk different now." He doesn't realise that it's his accent that's changed. :sneaky:

I went to the fill dr today. She wasn't as....how should I say this....receptive or helpful as I had hoped. She was a little concerned about my being sick. She took out a cc so that maybe I could get Water down easier and heal. She did worry that once I was feeling better I would be much more hungry, but she thought it was the best thing to do. I have to say that almost immediately I felt better. I've not yakked since.

She didn't seem capable of helping with my other problems though. She almost seemed like I had broached a subject she was completely unable to deal with. She suggested that maybe I might want to see about finding someone to talk to about this....uhhhh??? duh!!!!! I left there almost feeling worse about myself than I did last week. I'll give her that she is new to doing fills for my dr. and she really is trained in endocrinology not craziness.

As upset as I was over the outcome there, I didn't let it stop me. I immediately called my PA's office and got an appointment with her this afternoon. I drove home, took a 2 hour nap, and then went and visited with her. She was awesome. After talking to me for almost a half hour, she gave me some coping mechanisms and then put me on an anti-depressant. She suggested that we work together for a couple of months regulating that and trying a few things to help me cope and then if we still needed more help she would recommend a therapist. She suggested two but said she thought one better than the other and since he is 2 hours away she said if we start this summer when I have more time, it might be more beneficial.

I'm healing....I wish it was like magic and I felt better, but this too shall pass. On the plus side my weight loss was 12.5 lbs. I'm not sure how much to count since I KNOW there is a bunch of dehydration in there. I was thinking 8 lbs. Does that seem fair?

Okay...I'm going to go and rest some more. Talk to you all later. Thanks for worrying but hope I've put some of your concerns to rest.

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkk!:lol: Just got home from my marathon drive and fill!:sneaky::biggrin::drool:. I haven't read a post on here but I wanted to share my news before I went back and read everyone's posts because I am sure it will take me an hour or so!

Officially down 80 pounds as of my doctors scale. I think there is about a 2 lb difference. So after my fill, the office manager asked if I could wait for about 10 minutes because she wanted me to see the doctor. Fortunately she asked me that prior to going in to have my fill, because otherwise I probably would have panicked. When I go in there he is RAVING about my weight loss. Then he asked me if I had thought about plastic surgery or if I thought I needed it. I told him that I was trying to work off my rolls through exercise, but I just wasn't seeing any results:thumbdown:. He asked to see what my skin looked like and as soon as I pulled my shirt up to show him, he said "that is not going away with exercise." He told me that I could do sit ups and core workouts until I was 90 and the only difference that I would see is that it would be further south! He proceeded to tell me that I was one of the biggest successes that he had seen in his practice:thumbup:, but that he thought that I really needed plastic surgery. He said he has seen many patients with my body type who get so frustrated that they don't look any different in terms of body shape that they end of gaining some weight back just because in reality you can't tell the difference. That being said they want me to do a photo shoot for their office posters and website on my 1 year bandiversary. :):thumbup:

As for plastic surgery, I think I am going to try and see if I can afford it. I talked to my dad who does my financial planning and he said that because I am so young and do have a pension through my job that I should be okay not investing into my retirement for 2 years, which is what it would take to pay off the lap-band surgery and be able to pay for the plastic surgery.

So that was my good news. My fill doesn't appear to be too tight. I have been able to get down 2 Protein Shakes since 11:30 along with some Water, so I am no where near as tight as I was for my last fill!!!

Okay you will hear from me again as I read through the posts.

Ruby; I am glad you are looking after yourself.

Stephanie; Now that you've got someone to listen to you, you'll do much better I just know it.!! Anti-depressants can be a life-saver, they will take a bit of time to work but they will work and you'll feel like your old self again soon. A wee de-fill is just the trick, you'll re-hydrate and then you can continue your awesome losses... 8 lbs sounds like a fair estimate for weightloss... although I am sorry you had to do it the 'hard' way.

Janet: Size 8 jeans!!! :thumbup: I am so jealous!!! Please save them for me, I love hand me downs and you can give them to me in July!!!! LOL You'll be too tiny for them by then~!~~!~

Linda: Your plan for the ferry sounds like the best choice! I'll keep checking out that web page for prices, schedules... You are a dear~ And thanks for the offer to sleep over on your fouton in my travels....

So today, I marked off my Vacation Calander for our JULY trip to Mall of A... yeah, I am so excited to meet you all. :blushing:

Driving will be a better option for flying... I'll also get to see some more of Michigan too. And I've never been to Milwakee either.

PHYL: Can you make it ??? 3rd weekend in July?

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkk!:tt2: Just got home from my marathon drive and fill!:blushing::biggrin::thumbup:. I haven't read a post on here but I wanted to share my news before I went back and read everyone's posts because I am sure it will take me an hour or so!

Officially down 80 pounds as of my doctors scale. I think there is about a 2 lb difference. So after my fill, the office manager asked if I could wait for about 10 minutes because she wanted me to see the doctor. Fortunately she asked me that prior to going in to have my fill, because otherwise I probably would have panicked. When I go in there he is RAVING about my weight loss. Then he asked me if I had thought about plastic surgery or if I thought I needed it. I told him that I was trying to work off my rolls through exercise, but I just wasn't seeing any results:thumbdown:. He asked to see what my skin looked like and as soon as I pulled my shirt up to show him, he said "that is not going away with exercise." He told me that I could do sit ups and core workouts until I was 90 and the only difference that I would see is that it would be further south! He proceeded to tell me that I was one of the biggest successes that he had seen in his practice:thumbup:, but that he thought that I really needed plastic surgery. He said he has seen many patients with my body type who get so frustrated that they don't look any different in terms of body shape that they end of gaining some weight back just because in reality you can't tell the difference. That being said they want me to do a photo shoot for their office posters and website on my 1 year bandiversary. :smile::thumbup:

As for plastic surgery, I think I am going to try and see if I can afford it. I talked to my dad who does my financial planning and he said that because I am so young and do have a pension through my job that I should be okay not investing into my retirement for 2 years, which is what it would take to pay off the lap-band surgery and be able to pay for the plastic surgery.

So that was my good news. My fill doesn't appear to be too tight. I have been able to get down 2 Protein Shakes since 11:30 along with some Water, so I am no where near as tight as I was for my last fill!!!

WOW, 80 lbs - that is awesome - Congratulations :lol:

Okay I read all the posts and I am exhausted. As much as I would LOVE to meet everyone, there is no way that I am going to be able to make it. Just in the last hour I got financed for my Tummy Tuck and tentatively scheduled it for my birthday (July 1). We scheduled the consult for April 4, but because I was so adament that I needed the surgery the first 2 weeks of July they just scheduled me for the surgery. This is one of the doctors that my doctor recommended, but obviously I will make the decision after I meet him on the 4th. This doc is only 3 hours away from where I live!!! It sucks living in the middle of nowhere. Though Steph is has it much worse than I!

Made some homemade chicken Soup and then blended it so that I can eat it. I think I am going to like the level of my restriction!

Okay more news from the doctor, I was so anxious to go and read the posts that I didn't tell everything. WHen I went in and saw him we talked about how much weight I have to lose and the best way to get there. Even though I have 20 pounds to go, he doesn't really want me to lose that much before the PS. He is afraid that if I do I am going to start sacrificing muscle tone. He took a bunch of measurments and based on those he feels that I would lose 15-20 pounds just from the surgery, so technically I am at my goal without the extra skin. So he wants me to up my calories to 1500 and see if I can slow the weightloss to .5-1 pound per week. Also he wants me working hard with the weights and 30-45 minutes of cardio daily. He said my 1.5 hours was too much and since the only reason I was doing that was to get rid of my belly which isn't going away...I conceded. So my revised goal prior to surgery is 160. The reason that he wants me to go to this amount of calories is so that we can judge where I can be in maintenance. I was shocked to say the least. I kept trying to convince him that I really wanted to lose down to 150, but he said "I don't think you will look healthy." He really is concerned that if I stay at this low of calories at my weight that I am going to lose muscle mass, which is NOT what either one of us wants. So I am going to do what he says. He is convinced that once my excess skin and tissues is gone that I am actually going to have a pretty low body fat percentage. YIPEEEEE!!!

I really can't believe that I am going to have surgery again, but I think it will be helpful for me mentally. I will feel like I am done and that I have accomplished my goal. Right now, my belly skin is SOOOOO bad that when I look at myself naked I truly feel like I am failing at this. I look at myself clothed or I look at the scale and I am overjoyed, but if you could see my belly...you would understand. Perhaps I should make a blog and post the belly pictures so you could see what I am dealing with. I don't know that I want to post it here, because I am afraid some people would be offended.

Okay I had best get to my school work cause I have to get tests graded by tomorrow or I am not going to have to worry about losing weight cause my students will probably hang me!

wow, plastic surg for the excess skin... you are so lucky to be able to afford it.

Although I am disappointed we won't get to meet you in person in July... $$$ better spent for you!!!

Congrats on getting increased to 1500 cals. You can let us know what it feels like...

I am so proud of you and your accomplishments, Rock ON~:blushing:

Wow, Karri. You've had a really good day! I am very happy for you. Did you ever in your wildest imagination ever think that you would ever be a modle in a photo shoot? You're going to have to start practicing posing and whatever else modles have to do! hair, makeup, wardrobe--what fun!!! Well, you deserve it, kiddo. Of course, it goes without saying that you'll have to post the pics for us. Just think of all the people that will be inspired by you! Congratulations!

Karri,

What an AWESOME end to a long weekend. I am so envious. You are definitely an inspiration. Not even a year to goal! I can just imagine the cloud you are floating on.

If your students want to hang you ask them to wait until your new body is finished at the tailors. You want to look good in the headlines:ohmy:

I would love to meet you in July but think this is a MUCH better use of funds. You're going to be gorgeous!!

I went to the fill dr today. She wasn't as....how should I say this....receptive or helpful as I had hoped. She was a little concerned about my being sick. She took out a cc so that maybe I could get Water down easier and heal. She did worry that once I was feeling better I would be much more hungry, but she thought it was the best thing to do. I have to say that almost immediately I felt better. I've not yakked since.

She didn't seem capable of helping with my other problems though. She almost seemed like I had broached a subject she was completely unable to deal with. She suggested that maybe I might want to see about finding someone to talk to about this....uhhhh??? duh!!!!! I left there almost feeling worse about myself than I did last week. I'll give her that she is new to doing fills for my dr. and she really is trained in endocrinology not craziness.

As upset as I was over the outcome there, I didn't let it stop me. I immediately called my PA's office and got an appointment with her this afternoon. I drove home, took a 2 hour nap, and then went and visited with her. She was awesome. After talking to me for almost a half hour, she gave me some coping mechanisms and then put me on an anti-depressant. She suggested that we work together for a couple of months regulating that and trying a few things to help me cope and then if we still needed more help she would recommend a therapist. She suggested two but said she thought one better than the other and since he is 2 hours away she said if we start this summer when I have more time, it might be more beneficial.

I'm healing....I wish it was like magic and I felt better, but this too shall pass. On the plus side my weight loss was 12.5 lbs. I'm not sure how much to count since I KNOW there is a bunch of dehydration in there. I was thinking 8 lbs. Does that seem fair?

Okay...I'm going to go and rest some more. Talk to you all later. Thanks for worrying but hope I've put some of your concerns to rest.

Steph

I am so glad that you went to your PC - You are taking your life back - I am really proud of you for your pro-active actions - Yep it takes about 2 weeks for the meds to work and you may get the runs at first - I am so glad your doctor listened to you and was there for you.. We all need some one to listen to us - we can type until we are blue in the face but it doesn't always get the message across like a conversation does - Take it easy tonight rest and get better - I am just so happy for you... ((Hugs))

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkk!:tt2: Just got home from my marathon drive and fill!:blushing::biggrin::thumbup:. I haven't read a post on here but I wanted to share my news before I went back and read everyone's posts because I am sure it will take me an hour or so!

Officially down 80 pounds as of my doctors scale. I think there is about a 2 lb difference. So after my fill, the office manager asked if I could wait for about 10 minutes because she wanted me to see the doctor. Fortunately she asked me that prior to going in to have my fill, because otherwise I probably would have panicked. When I go in there he is RAVING about my weight loss. Then he asked me if I had thought about plastic surgery or if I thought I needed it. I told him that I was trying to work off my rolls through exercise, but I just wasn't seeing any results:thumbdown:. He asked to see what my skin looked like and as soon as I pulled my shirt up to show him, he said "that is not going away with exercise." He told me that I could do sit ups and core workouts until I was 90 and the only difference that I would see is that it would be further south! He proceeded to tell me that I was one of the biggest successes that he had seen in his practice:thumbup:, but that he thought that I really needed plastic surgery. He said he has seen many patients with my body type who get so frustrated that they don't look any different in terms of body shape that they end of gaining some weight back just because in reality you can't tell the difference. That being said they want me to do a photo shoot for their office posters and website on my 1 year bandiversary. :smile::thumbup:

So that was my good news. My fill doesn't appear to be too tight. I have been able to get down 2 Protein Shakes since 11:30 along with some water, so I am no where near as tight as I was for my last fill!!!

'

I have a FAMOUS DAUGHTER - OMW !!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - AWESOME - FANTASTIC

YOU ARE THE GIRL !!!!

You do take after your band Mom - when you make up your mind - you go right for it - getting an appointment with plastics already and figured out how to pay for it - can't you take a loan from your 401k and then just pay yourself back.

Your doc is right you can exercise to h*ll freezes - it's not going to repair the damage we have done

I am happy for you and excited for you - and I don't think any of us would be offended by your photos - we all have the same condition.. We could post the for a minute then delete them - I really don't want my fat tummy all over the internet...

Karri - Be proud of yourself for all that you done you really have done an awesome job :lol:

Correction to the fill tightness...just about pb'd on Jello!! Actually I think it was because the phone rang and my brother changed my ring tone this weekend and I didn't know it so it scared me and I swallowed without chewing. I know...chewing Jello... only a fellow bandster would understand.

Janet- Don't know if I will be famous, but I was pretty excited. I scolded a few people in the waiting room today because they were complaining that they were not losing weight and it had been a year and when they asked me my stats I told them...They said you must be the lucky one...I said nope, I just follow the rules, exercise, and changed my lifestyle. I did kind of say it with an attitude because I had sat there for 20 minutes listening to them talk about all the "grazing" they do and all the rules they break. What can I say...they needed a kick in the butt. I of course followed it up that there were ramification of losing weight quickly and that I had tons of excess skin...but I don't think they really cared. Fortunately for me there was another girl in there who was about the same age that I was that had lost 175 pounds in three years and she backed me up on everything. Glad someone had my back!

Okay will try to take pictures and post. I will put a warning for people who want to ignore.

Correction to the fill tightness...just about pb'd on Jello!! Actually I think it was because the phone rang and my brother changed my ring tone this weekend and I didn't know it so it scared me and I swallowed without chewing. I know...chewing Jello... only a fellow bandster would understand.

Janet- Don't know if I will be famous, but I was pretty excited. I scolded a few people in the waiting room today because they were complaining that they were not losing weight and it had been a year and when they asked me my stats I told them...They said you must be the lucky one...I said nope, I just follow the rules, exercise, and changed my lifestyle. I did kind of say it with an attitude because I had sat there for 20 minutes listening to them talk about all the "grazing" they do and all the rules they break. What can I say...they needed a kick in the butt. I of course followed it up that there were ramification of losing weight quickly and that I had tons of excess skin...but I don't think they really cared. Fortunately for me there was another girl in there who was about the same age that I was that had lost 175 pounds in three years and she backed me up on everything. Glad someone had my back!

Okay will try to take pictures and post. I will put a warning for people who want to ignore.

Karri

To bad I wasn't there with you we could have double teamed them - heck I am just a few pounds behind you and 25 yrs older - Excuses - just like you know what - we all have them - I really feel that for some they do think that this is the quick fix - that they don't have to work - OMW having major surgery isn't a frickin game - it's major surgery- I think that is what really did it for me - I had MAJOR SURGERY to help me regain my life back - I wasn't going to screw this up too. This is seriouse business.

Well met & worked out with my trainer for the first time today - It was good - did legs and arms then sit ups on a ball - (he held my knee) then this machine where you do pull ups and something else using your body weight.

Then he had me do 20 minutes on the treadmill - 4 incline 2.5 and told me not to hold on... He said it's not about how fast you walk but the intenstity..

So I did 1hr & 20 minutes at the gym tonight - The only thnig that is a little disconcerning is that I am not wore out like I ususally am - I usually just do the treadmill 3.5 miles in 51 minutes and I am sweating like a pig and beat by the end - my muscles hurt a bit and I did break a sweat on the treadmill - well tomorrow I will just to the treadmill and meet with trainer on Wed - Really like the guy - he is nice... Talked about diet - he said Protein first then veggie then starchs - I told him that's band rule and thats how I eat -

Oh ya he thought I was cajun - cuz of my fake tan :0) and my looks - Mango do I look like a cajun - how to people from the big easy look any diff than anyone else???

Well I am hungry gotta go cook talk to you all later

Oh ya 7/25 to 28 are the dates for the July Band Birthday Party at Mall of America in Minnesota...

I am still cking on it - had to get my follow up mamo on right breast only (from the microcalicifation that found & biospied last August) at lunch today - (every thing is ok)

go back in July for you annual (for both boobs)

Ok Off to cook - ck back later

Again Karri & Steph - You both are doing so well - I am proud of you guys...