Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

As of right now you only need a passport if you are flying into or out of Canada. If you are driving you only need a CERTIFIED birth certificate and drivers license. I'm not sure when that changes.

And I'm from Montana....not Tennesee. I think I can talk DH into letting me go away for a few days....heheeheh...leaving him with a 1 yr old, 3 yr old, and a 13 yr old. He'll love me for ages!!!

I have some positives to type but school's out and I'm going HOME!!! I'll post from there. Talk to you soon.

Oh oh oh!!! I've gotta idea. How about Minneapolis....the mall of america!!! We will all need new clothes!!!! Maybe no one lives there, but there's a GREAT MALL!!!! Okay, and I can take the train so it works better for me....but that's me being stingy and I'm not even an official 7...so I've gotta hush. I was just thinking, central, not so far south that it would be miserable, and MALL!!!!!!!!!! I love to shop!

Oh oh oh!!! I've gotta idea. How about Minneapolis....the mall of america!!! We will all need new clothes!!!! Maybe no one lives there, but there's a GREAT MALL!!!! Okay, and I can take the train so it works better for me....but that's me being stingy and I'm not even an official 7...so I've gotta hush. I was just thinking, central, not so far south that it would be miserable, and MALL!!!!!!!!!! I love to shop!

You are an offical Lucky #7 - both you and Karri are adopted Lucky #7 so that give you our last name - Ya Mall of america sounds good they have a QVC Store :tongue:...

Mall of America is great with me. I've been there a couple of times. I live in eastern Wisconsin--about 2 miles from Lake Michigan, so The Cities are driving distance for me--which means we'd have a car--no need to rent one. Also have a rich brother in the area. The airport is near the mall and is a hub for, i think, Northwest. There are lots of hotels and night life so we could really have a good time. I'M IN!

Steph, If I see you one more time saying that you're not an official Lucky 7 I, Aunty Linda, am going to spank you! Enough--accept it, you are one of us!

Oh, Oh, Oh. Sorry, but I got to add one more thing: I need to find a mother-of-the bridegroom dress! Mall of America is the perfect place to look!

Did I hear QVC? I'm in!

Count me in for the present swap too.

Janet - I'd like to know the brand of van. powder you're using, I love Orange Julius

Linda, I figure that you would want to go - we could PARTY... :w00t:

Mango - now we have 3 QVC girls - you me & steph...

here is a link Bodybuilding.com - Jay Robb Egg White Protein - 24g Protein Per Ounce! On sale now!

I mixed it w/OJ - 1 scoup 24 grms protein 120 calorie - with OJ it was 200 and if you use lite oj it would be lowers - did it in the blender with ice and it was pretty good - didn't have that Protein Powder takes like Unjury - I have the vanila - my boss was going to a trainer who gave it to him - he didn't want it so he gave it to me.. I didn't ck the price - but like I said it was pretty good - I used like 1/2 scoup the 1st time - then the 2nd time I made some for my boss so I used 1 1/2 scoups and and maybe 2 cups oj...

Ok so let's ck out Wisconsin - Mall of America - My GS's Mom went there a few yrs ago for a gf/shopping weekend - I will ck w/her where they stayed

OK gang I a a food hoarder... I went to the store after work - needed some veggies and salami for my babies -(they get a piece when I leave the house - gotta bribe them to be good:lol:) anyway I was not hungry but then when I got in the store and smelled food (from the deli i guess) I was starving and wanted everything

But guess what - I only bought healthy stuff - strawberries - watermelon - fish - veggies - rice - WW lite bread - yogurt - lite juice - can't beleive butter spray - 100 c popcorn packs Well I did get some peanutbutter :unsure:- But as I was putting the fish in the freeze - I have a least a weeks worth in there already I did need rice and some fresh veggies - but have frozen already - I just miss food shopping.:tea: I guess - but at least I am hoarding healhty stuff - no junk - we gs got some soda & hot cheetos and top ramin Soups -

Oh - I got my fake Pasta today - will cook it for dinner and let you all know how it is - 18 grms Fiber 130 cal vs 210 in regular. Got plain - garlic parsley - spinch - I think I will try the plalin 1st - Will let you know how it is !!!!

Well, think I will go google mall of america and see what I can find out ...

Okay...I changed my name!!! I don't mean to offend anyone. You all have been awesome about welcoming me with open arms. It's just that I don't want anyone thinking, "What's with that pushy broad, she just started here and thinks she has a say!" But I feel like one of you all and don't want you all to think I don't.

Okay. Yesterday I sat down with my journal and really did some soul searching. I don't know the root cause of my problems and may need some serious therapy to get that. I'm going to explore that possibility....but just like Walmart is 90 mins away I don't know where I will find a GOOD therapist. I will ask dr. about that on Monday. If she can't come up with something I'll go to my GP and ask her.

Anyways....I was really thinking about where I was 3 months ago and where I am today and what I can show for my last bit of time. I went back and thought about all the reasons I did this and how close I am to my goals. This was never about numbers but about feeling good enough to be a good mom. I run up stairs now. I go downstairs to talk to my son instead of calling him up to talk to me. I don't wait to walk down the hallway at school because I need to get it all together before I make the trip. I prefer to make 6. I put on a pair of scrubs yesterday (I always wore them 10 years ago as comfy pants) that I hadn't worn in at least 6 years if not closer to 9. I moved my bra closure to the shortest set of hooks and it doesn't form a separate roll. I think I could go down to a 40! I get down to play with my kids on the floor all the time. I can't tell you when the last time I was out of breath just standing up was. In the last 3 months I have had ice cream once. I haven't had a soda since Thanksgiving. I now have a veggie with EVERY meal. I now make my kids have a veggie with every meal. I have cut down the bread consumption in my house to 1 loaf every 10 days or so instead of every 2 days or so. I haven't had to flavor my Water to hide the fact that it is water since I don't know when. Tonight I was craving fish.

So why am I so down on myself? Well, those issues I talked about yesterday still exist, but I don't need to focus on them, do I? TOM is coming to visit soon....very soon. Testing starts in 2 weeks. DH is being a major unmotivator (his idea of being supportive is saying "I'm going to Dairy Queen, you don't want anything do you?" instead of "I'm going to dairy queen, can I bring you back something?" and only eating it in front of me like I won't want it (among a million other make me cranky things). There are a million reasons I was focusing on the wrong stuff yesterday. I still promise to discuss with dr., but today I'm focusing my mind on the new world that is open to me now that I am nearly 35 pounds lighter.

Have a great weekend all. I'll be on and off the next few days.

Oh...and I checked the chart today and didn't know that at my last month weigh in I had dropped myself from MO to just O! I have a ways to go until just overweight, but I passed through seriously obese without knowing about it!!! How exciting was THAT!

I love QVC and I LOVE to shop. And just think about all the walking we can do together in the mall! I'll have to check it out further because I really don't know much about what is there except QVC. DH might have a problem with that but since he bought himself an $8k four wheeler today, I don't think he's going to have a wheel to stand on!

I am in where ever we decide to go. I'm going to have something to strive even harder for!!!

Ok did some quick cking - on aol travel - room & flights for me $653 - that 7/18 to 7/21 Fri - Mon - dont know anything about the hotel - then when you google mall of america they have a gf get away - hotel only Hilton or Marriott $345 for those days -

I really like this idea - we are all shopper (well most of us and those who aren't yet will be by july cuz we all need clothes:lol:) anyway what we really need to do is see who can go on those dates and then we can move forward on all staying at the same hotel - I figure get in friday - have dinner - talk talk talk - sat shop & talk - sunday shop it we still want to - hang out at a pool - yes a pool we are all together so the sag & bag isn't going to bother us and then fly home on Monday..

Linda - What does having a rich bro going to do for us - can he get us deals on the hotel - and some may want to share a room - some might not - might need some quite time -

Ok - this is the offical post -

WHO WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MEET AT THE MALL OF AMERICA FOR A GF LONG WEEKEND.... WE NEED A COUNT - SO WE CAN MOVE FORWARD

AND WHAT DATES ARE GOOD FOR YOU ALL..

Okay...I changed my name!!! I don't mean to offend anyone. You all have been awesome about welcoming me with open arms. It's just that I don't want anyone thinking, "What's with that pushy broad, she just started here and thinks she has a say!" But I feel like one of you all and don't want you all to think I don't.

Okay. Yesterday I sat down with my journal and really did some soul searching. I don't know the root cause of my problems and may need some serious therapy to get that. I'm going to explore that possibility....but just like Walmart is 90 mins away I don't know where I will find a GOOD therapist. I will ask dr. about that on Monday. If she can't come up with something I'll go to my GP and ask her.

Anyways....I was really thinking about where I was 3 months ago and where I am today and what I can show for my last bit of time. I went back and thought about all the reasons I did this and how close I am to my goals. This was never about numbers but about feeling good enough to be a good mom. I run up stairs now. I go downstairs to talk to my son instead of calling him up to talk to me. I don't wait to walk down the hallway at school because I need to get it all together before I make the trip. I prefer to make 6. I put on a pair of scrubs yesterday (I always wore them 10 years ago as comfy pants) that I hadn't worn in at least 6 years if not closer to 9. I moved my bra closure to the shortest set of hooks and it doesn't form a separate roll. I think I could go down to a 40! I get down to play with my kids on the floor all the time. I can't tell you when the last time I was out of breath just standing up was. In the last 3 months I have had ice cream once. I haven't had a soda since Thanksgiving. I now have a veggie with EVERY meal. I now make my kids have a veggie with every meal. I have cut down the bread consumption in my house to 1 loaf every 10 days or so instead of every 2 days or so. I haven't had to flavor my Water to hide the fact that it is water since I don't know when. Tonight I was craving fish.

So why am I so down on myself? Well, those issues I talked about yesterday still exist, but I don't need to focus on them, do I? TOM is coming to visit soon....very soon. Testing starts in 2 weeks. DH is being a major unmotivator (his idea of being supportive is saying "I'm going to Dairy Queen, you don't want anything do you?" instead of "I'm going to dairy queen, can I bring you back something?" and only eating it in front of me like I won't want it (among a million other make me cranky things). There are a million reasons I was focusing on the wrong stuff yesterday. I still promise to discuss with dr., but today I'm focusing my mind on the new world that is open to me now that I am nearly 35 pounds lighter.

Have a great weekend all. I'll be on and off the next few days.

Oh...and I checked the chart today and didn't know that at my last month weigh in I had dropped myself from MO to just O! I have a ways to go until just overweight, but I passed through seriously obese without knowing about it!!! How exciting was THAT!

I love QVC and I LOVE to shop. And just think about all the walking we can do together in the mall! I'll have to check it out further because I really don't know much about what is there except QVC. DH might have a problem with that but since he bought himself an $8k four wheeler today, I don't think he's going to have a wheel to stand on!

I am in where ever we decide to go. I'm going to have something to strive even harder for!!!

Steph - We never thought of you as a pushy broad - I think I got that title - alot of people have dissappeared lately - I don't think they like me and find me to preachy... (see I have issues too:tongue:)

OK PMSing - you should have told us :lol: thankfully I don't have those issues anymore - but will still get a little hormonal some months :w00t: That is part of the reason you were so down on you... Look at all the positives that have come with your weight lost = you are able to do so much more - CONGRATS ON BEING JUST OBESE:biggrin2: AND 35 LBS LIGHTER :tea:

There are draw backs to being single - but I gotta say - I am so happy that I don't have to deal will a dh eating in front of me.. Like I said - I have it pretty easy with just me (well gs but he's not a problem - he doesn't dwell on food - infact I have to make him eat)

Yep if he just bought himself a quad - you can have a weekend :unsure:

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better today and are remotivated and yes a shopping weekend is a great motivator to keep the junk out of our mouths and to exercise more - clothes clothes - shoes - shoes - purses..

Ok I better start saving..

I would love to meet up at Mall of America. We usually go to Missouri to see my dad in the beginning of July but my son will be in drivers ed this year so he won't finish until sometime later in July and then we will be going. The school hasn't given the EXACT dates yet. Other than that I am pretty open to any dates really.

Steph-Oh girl!!! I am the queen of PMS!!! LOL Just ask the family :tea: I swing from mood to mood faster than tarzan swings from tree to tree. LOL So glad to hear that you are feeling better today and focusing on the accomplishments you have made.

Ok now I want to rant a minute. I have been on this $#%@ plateau for 6 weeks now. I was walking and walking and exercising like a fiend this week and still nothing!!!!! :lol: I am really hoping that once aunt flo gets here the scale will start moving again or I will have to take a hammer to it to save my sanity!!! I was so angry today about no loss and all the work that when I was in the grocery store I bought a package of sugar free wafer Cookies. (suger free but still too many calories! :unsure:) Anyway, I came home this morning with them and I opened the package and had 4 (that is considered a serving. 140 calories) Then as I was on the computer I kept thinking about those cookies and I wanted more. Well I dont trust myself lately so finally I just went to the kitchen and took the package and dumped the damn things in the garbage. Then tonight we were in Wal Mart and they had Blue Bunny SF chocolate almond ice cream. I picked it up, put it back, picked it up and put it back and then just went back and picked it up and thought "I am buying this.' Anyway I got to the checkout and the line was long and as I stood there in line I argued with myself in my head and told myself you really don't need this and you have 45 minutes to drive home anyway so it will be melted. The devil in my head said 'just have them double bag it in plastic bags and tie it off to keep it frozen.' The Angel won. When I got up to the cashier and they were scanning my things when he picked up the ice cream ready to scan it I said 'I don't want that. I live 45 minutes away and it will not be frozen when I get home so could you just have someone put it back.' I DID IT!!!!!!!!! Walked out feeling a lot better. Came home thinking 'the scale better have moved. The damn thing didn't but you know what.......even though I am not happy about that I didn't give in to the attitude to F it I haven't lost any so what is the point?! Major NSV for me today I can tell you because I really love that ice cream and our local grocery store doesn't carry that specific one. :w00t:

I would love to meet up at Mall of America. We usually go to Missouri to see my dad in the beginning of July but my son will be in drivers ed this year so he won't finish until sometime later in July and then we will be going. The school hasn't given the EXACT dates yet. Other than that I am pretty open to any dates really.

Steph-Oh girl!!! I am the queen of PMS!!! LOL Just ask the family :tea: I swing from mood to mood faster than tarzan swings from tree to tree. LOL So glad to hear that you are feeling better today and focusing on the accomplishments you have made.

Ok now I want to rant a minute. I have been on this $#%@ plateau for 6 weeks now. I was walking and walking and exercising like a fiend this week and still nothing!!!!! :lol: I am really hoping that once aunt flo gets here the scale will start moving again or I will have to take a hammer to it to save my sanity!!! I was so angry today about no loss and all the work that when I was in the grocery store I bought a package of sugar free wafer Cookies. (suger free but still too many calories! :unsure:) Anyway, I came home this morning with them and I opened the package and had 4 (that is considered a serving. 140 calories) Then as I was on the computer I kept thinking about those cookies and I wanted more. Well I dont trust myself lately so finally I just went to the kitchen and took the package and dumped the damn things in the garbage. Then tonight we were in Wal Mart and they had Blue Bunny SF chocolate almond ice cream. I picked it up, put it back, picked it up and put it back and then just went back and picked it up and thought "I am buying this.' Anyway I got to the checkout and the line was long and as I stood there in line I argued with myself in my head and told myself you really don't need this and you have 45 minutes to drive home anyway so it will be melted. The devil in my head said 'just have them double bag it in plastic bags and tie it off to keep it frozen.' The Angel won. When I got up to the cashier and they were scanning my things when he picked up the ice cream ready to scan it I said 'I don't want that. I live 45 minutes away and it will not be frozen when I get home so could you just have someone put it back.' I DID IT!!!!!!!!! Walked out feeling a lot better. Came home thinking 'the scale better have moved. The damn thing didn't but you know what.......even though I am not happy about that I didn't give in to the attitude to F it I haven't lost any so what is the point?! Major NSV for me today I can tell you because I really love that ice cream and our local grocery store doesn't carry that specific one. :w00t:

JACKIE

WAY TO GO GIRL 36_1_55.gif

THROWING THE COOKIES OUT 10_1_104v.gif

NOT BUYING THE ICE CREAM4_19_3.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

OK GANG IT'S 9 AND I HAVEN'T EATEN - MADE MY FAKE Pasta - HAD A BITE IT'S OK - I THINK I MAY HAVE OVER COOKED IT - WITH SPAGHETTI SAUCE YOU REALLY COULDNT TELL THE DIFF - I HAVE ABOUT 1/2 OF A SERVING SO THAT 65 CALORIES 3.5 GRMS Protein AND 9 GRMS OF FIBER... PRETTY GOOD THAT WAY - I HAVE BUTTER SPARY AND SALT & PEPPER - AND AM GOING TO TRY SOME BABYBACK RIBS 3 AND SPINACH - WELL - IT'S CALLING I AM NOT YELLING JUST TO LAZY TO TAKE OFF CAPS - AND I AM WANT TO EAT :tea:

SEE YA ALL IN THE MORNING - SWEET DREAMS

XOXOXO

JANET