Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

WOW--Size 8!!!!!!!!! In my dreams!!! Janet, you rock. See, i have a theroy that all that exercising has toned you up, and that's 173 pounds of solid muscle. I am really happy for you. So how long to you plan to stay single--you are one smoking woman, and you're going to have to start fighting them off like never before. Hold your head up high babe, you got it all!

Thanks Linda - but no I am not solid muscle all I have really done is walk on a treadmill - I am fabby with tons of saggy skin :) - once I start with the trainer this week - I hope to get some muscle - My wrist is about a 6 1/2 (tight) so - i would say I am small to medium frame - If i weighted 120 i would be tiny - What I have noticed is that I have shoulders again - I love having shoulders - Yep I am single - Men my age want women Karri's age and most have too much baggage for me - xwives - kids -(alominy & child support) etc. Truly I don't mind being single 98% of the time - I have had so much drama in my life that I really enjoy the piece and quite - I was a single mom - (had tons of all the wrong kid of boyfriends - live ins etc) I have alway taken care of me - My x was great - he cooked he clean washed clothes - bought me jewelry - but wanted to tell me what and when I could do for my kid & grandkids - when I was the one doing for his kids - If I was 5 minutes home late from work :eek:. We are still freinds - in fact if it was just him and me on an island we would do great - but when you put others in the mix it doesn't work - he has told me since we have been apart that - he now realizes how much I did for his kids and that he appreciated it (he had kids my grandsons age and the age of my son (38 36 29 26 from wife #1 - wife #2 had the young ones 2 girls now 17 & 18) he now realizes what it's like to do for others kids and not your own (he has a gf who he is now the one taking care of her kids and not his own) - That was the nices thing he ever said.. I had 2 of his kids from wife #1 and then the 2 girls from #2 off and on during our marriage...

If the perfect guy fell into my lap I woulding say no - but not really out there looking - Maybe it's self protection - just like my fat was - but I just am tired of always being hurt, taken advantage of - etc - Plus I think I have used all my hormones up when I was young (if you get my drift) that part missing really doesn't bother me either..

Ok gang now it's your turn to physocanlize (sp) me.... Yes I know - I am not looking cuz I don't want to take the risk - but if i don't take the risk - how will i ever know - well it is what it is and I am happy - so that's what counts.

Maybe once I get my grandson grown and gone - I will change my way of thinking - but right now I am fine just the way my life is.. But once I am totally alone who know???

I get you, Janet. Even though I am technically married, in many ways I am single like you. DH has his own life, his own interests, his own work-ethic, which has always come first in his life leaving me pretty much alone most of the time. Sure, now he enjoys some things about our kids, but never the disciplining, homework, feeding, nurturing, day-to-day parenting stuff. Just the fun stuff like working on projects together or joking around (often at my expense). If he were out of my life, I woundn't be looking to replace him either. Sure, I'd miss some things. He's great at home improvement projects (when he thinks they're important) and he's been financially agressive when it comes to saving and investing so we should have a fairly decent retirement. So, yeah, I get it. I do think that to some degree my eating habit stems from not being satisfied in my marriage among other things.

I get you, Janet. Even though I am technically married, in many ways I am single like you. DH has his own life, his own interests, his own work-ethic, which has always come first in his life leaving me pretty much alone most of the time. Sure, now he enjoys some things about our kids, but never the disciplining, homework, feeding, nurturing, day-to-day parenting stuff. Just the fun stuff like working on projects together or joking around (often at my expense). If he were out of my life, I woundn't be looking to replace him either. Sure, I'd miss some things. He's great at home improvement projects (when he thinks they're important) and he's been financially agressive when it comes to saving and investing so we should have a fairly decent retirement. So, yeah, I get it. I do think that to some degree my eating habit stems from not being satisfied in my marriage among other things.

I hear ya girl

I think most women our age feel this way - (that they wouldn't remarry)

Men are just too much work after awhile ....:)

You know - I really can't say why I eat - I would say comfort - boredom - ya had a bit of a tough life as a kid - mothers mental issues & death - domestic violence (son's dad hit me) - but I really can't blame my eating on those things - they are long gone - other than those things I don't have any major issues like sexual abuse to say why I ate - I ate cuz I could - cuz I didn't have anyone telling me I couldn't -(maybe cuz my mom was always trying to control my eating when i was a child)

nothing better than to make bean dip with tons of cheese - home made chips dripping in grease and pigging out. taste good - I like the taste of food - and once you put it on - whats the use it's too hard to get off - I was tried of always being deprive of something - of always giving - so I gave myself food - well in just writing that - that's what just came out - maybe that was why I ate - but now I find doing this (band) is for me - eating healthy is for me - going to the gym & getting a trainer is for me - so I have replaced all those bad things with new good things....

Pretty damn good for an old broad - we can learn new tricks:thumbup:

Janet and Lindaa I can relate to the 'better' half issues. My DH is very willing to do anything I WANT him to do but never does anything spontaneously (sp?). I mean it doesn't matter what it is he does not come up with anything to do. It is always me. Where do we eat, what do we do, this is how we will do this. I know that sounds like some womens dream but it drives me nuts!!!:) He is also NOT a talker so we REALLY lack communication because me I LOVE TO CHAT!!! and it is lonely with him. He just doesn't talk. LITERALLY. He talks very rarely on his own and if you want to talk you have to ask him questions trying to start a conversation but he is not a conversationalist either. Love is blind as I did not really notice this as much until after we were married.

Friday night was not a good night either. I took the kids to get clothes that they needed for an upcomming trip to Chicago with the school in April and he (very out of character. This is the 3rd time since we have been together that he has done this!!) but anyway he went drinking with his friends after telling me he didn't feel like going anywhere so I could just go with the kids. I felt guilty and called him and asked where he was and he said at you uncles house visiting. I get home at 9pm Friday night and he still is not home. I waited until 10:45 and called him and he was drunk and at another friends. Pissed me off!!! Then I figure he knows I am mad so he will be comming. I was sicker than a dog and it is 12:50am and he still isn't home so I call and call his cell. He doesn't answer but my cousin answered his and they were together. I told him I was sick and needed to talk to my husband. My husband is with his drinking buddies and says in the background (I don't have anything to say so I don't need to talk.' Then he gets home at 1:35 am and S#$t hit the fan here. I didn't go into the hospital that night but waited until Sat morning because I was mad at him and thought he should have been going with me. ANyway I get up yesterday morning and I drove myself there. My daughter was going to bring me my meds to the hospital and he did instead and then he sat there. I told him to get the (bleep) out because I needed him Friday night and he wasn't there so I sure as hell didn't need him yesterday. Of course he is very remorseful now and begging for forgiveness with his tail between his legs. I figure I am going to let him squirm for awhile and feel like crap about it. I know I sound mean and nasty and can honestly say that I am having a hard time keep up the facade of being mad now but too bad he deserves at least that much. :eek:

Well back to bed. Just got up to try eating something. Nothing sounds or tastes good so I am just trying to get my fluids and forgetting the food for now. TTYAL:wink_smile:

Good morning all. Wow what a day! I started feeling icky yesterday about noon but figured it was because I hadn't eaten before church. So I made son a pb & honey and took a bite to bring blood sugar back up. Honey usually does the trick in no time. Laid down to rest for an hour since DH and I had been out on a service call the night before and then got packed up to leave. By the time I got to my classroom I had serious runs and by the time I was finished there it was coming from both ends (ewwww!!! sorry!) So I had to make a decision. Was I going to try to get to my appt. this morning 3 hours away or just go home.

You know I was pretty insistent on this appt. today. There are a ton of things I need to talk to my dr. about. So....I figure it can't get much worse and I should be able to rest stop convenience store time everything. Well, I made the 3 hour drive in about 5. It was intense hell. I checked into the motel and just sort of melted. By 2 am I was seriously worried because I was dizzy standing and cold. My normally veiny hands were flat as pancakes. I was seriously worried about dehydration. Called dh and he wanted me to call an ambulance but there was no way in hell that was going to happen. I told him I'd go back to sleep for a couple of hours because laying down, everything stopped and as long as I didn't try to drink Water or something I was not throwing up. Well, woke up at 4:30 and it has seemed to have broken. I could drink water and not cramp up and was actually feeling like I might live. My veins are still very thin and that will be priority number 1 when I see my dr. today. I don't know when I should worry and when I should sleep it off. I probably should have gone in, but there is that not wanting to bother anyone part of me.....another issue for therapy.

I got some pinapple juice and water into my system....about a cup and now I'm going to crawl back in bed for a couple of hours. Dr. appt is 3 hours away and I'm only 15 minutes from there. I look like hell and don't feel too much better. I guess on the plus side, my weigh in should be phenomenal!!!

Maybe I'll sleep soundly and this will all have been a bad dream. TTYL

Oh, Stephanie. You have me seriously worried hon. Keep sipping the fluids, and let us know what happens to you.

Steph

I am surprised you went when you weren't feeling good - 5 hrs for a 3 hr trip

(hugs) I am glad you are feeling better this morning - yep get some sleep and fuilds - I too don't ask for help and don't want to bother people either - so don't feel like the lone ranger in that dept :).

Take it easy and let us know how your dr appt went..

xoxox

Janet and Lindaa I can relate to the 'better' half issues. My DH is very willing to do anything I WANT him to do but never does anything spontaneously (sp?). I mean it doesn't matter what it is he does not come up with anything to do. It is always me. Where do we eat, what do we do, this is how we will do this. I know that sounds like some womens dream but it drives me nuts!!!:eek: He is also NOT a talker so we REALLY lack communication because me I LOVE TO CHAT!!! and it is lonely with him. He just doesn't talk. LITERALLY. He talks very rarely on his own and if you want to talk you have to ask him questions trying to start a conversation but he is not a conversationalist either. Love is blind as I did not really notice this as much until after we were married.

Friday night was not a good night either. I took the kids to get clothes that they needed for an upcomming trip to Chicago with the school in April and he (very out of character. This is the 3rd time since we have been together that he has done this!!) but anyway he went drinking with his friends after telling me he didn't feel like going anywhere so I could just go with the kids. I felt guilty and called him and asked where he was and he said at you uncles house visiting. I get home at 9pm Friday night and he still is not home. I waited until 10:45 and called him and he was drunk and at another friends. Pissed me off!!! Then I figure he knows I am mad so he will be comming. I was sicker than a dog and it is 12:50am and he still isn't home so I call and call his cell. He doesn't answer but my cousin answered his and they were together. I told him I was sick and needed to talk to my husband. My husband is with his drinking buddies and says in the background (I don't have anything to say so I don't need to talk.' Then he gets home at 1:35 am and S#$t hit the fan here. I didn't go into the hospital that night but waited until Sat morning because I was mad at him and thought he should have been going with me. ANyway I get up yesterday morning and I drove myself there. My daughter was going to bring me my meds to the hospital and he did instead and then he sat there. I told him to get the (bleep) out because I needed him Friday night and he wasn't there so I sure as hell didn't need him yesterday. Of course he is very remorseful now and begging for forgiveness with his tail between his legs. I figure I am going to let him squirm for awhile and feel like crap about it. I know I sound mean and nasty and can honestly say that I am having a hard time keep up the facade of being mad now but too bad he deserves at least that much. ;)

Well back to bed. Just got up to try eating something. Nothing sounds or tastes good so I am just trying to get my fluids and forgetting the food for now. TTYAL:wink_smile:

Jackie - Men - what can I say :) Hugs to you ... Hope you are feeling better today...

Get better soon o.k.???? You got us all worried.

MEN: Oh my we all do have a lot in common! My DH is loyal, honest, hardworking... but when I read about the Non-spontaneous complait!!! WOW that hit a cord. He is very thoughtful in many ways and can still make my head spin (if you know what I mean) but I don't feel we do enough FUN stuff together... those episodes are few and far between.

Boredom, I think is my main Eat-over-it reason... followed by a close second to feeling Lonely at times. DH goes out every FRI Sat night to play guitar in a band... I could go along, but ya know I HEARD the 50-60 songs 1,000,000 times in reheral ya know?? LOL

Plus, I LOVE the taste of food... now i do still enjoy my food, actually maybe more now that I actually CHEW it... LOL... i know youare laughing with me here. Cause I used to just shovel the food in and swallow large chunks...how did I even taste it???

Well, gotta get in the shower and get to work by 10 see you later, gators

Just Peachy:tt2:

Sorry to worry you ladies. I'm doing fine. I'm tired and my body is sore from the heaves, but other than that I think I'm alright. I'll ask the dr. in an hour if she thinks so too. My biggest concern is that I damaged something inside or that they will throw me in the hospital in a strange town.

And to whoever said they didn't think I'd go if I didn't feel well....you all made me swear I would talk to my dr. today. I couldn't go back and find the message but I believe I got a pretty stern talking to by some of my mother's on this board.....and I was being an obedient daughter and doing as I was told. Had I come up with some lame excuse like I had a touch of a tummy thing, I'm sure the lectures would have come!! (Now you should know that I'm giggling as I wrote that because I know how silly it is....and that you all have my best interests at heart).

I slept for another hour or so but my body couldn't take the bed anymore. I'm hungry but afraid anything I try to put down will irritate an already angry stoma....maybe they have a banana down at the Breakfast bar....that might be okay. Other than that I'm sure it's toast and muffins and those are just going to cause their own set of miseries.

Well, I'm going to log off and check out. I'll be home late this evening as long as all goes well. BIL has a 50th bday party but I may beg off. I think sleep would be better. Oh...and I forgot to add to my ramble about Sucky Sunday....tom decided to come visit too! When it rains, it pours!!

Have a great day you guys. I'll talk to you tonight or tomorrow.

Steph, I'm glad you're doing better. *hugs* Now as for this business about nagging you to go to the doctor, you're right. Many of us would and should have done that because he is the best person to help you. But as for making the drive yourself when you're really physically not up for it, that's another story. I wouldn't have seen it as an excuse had you told us that. But I do understand how you feel about "making excuses". I would have felt exactly the same. Y'know, it's SO much easier to be more forgiving of other people's behavior than it ever is of our own. If I'd been in your position I would have done the EXACT same thing. Taken myself, not wanted to bother the doctor on his day off, not wanted to break a promise to my friends.... all of it!

See your doctor today. Tell him all you need to tell him. And if you're still feeling bad and it's coming out both ends, seriously, and I mean seriously, consider staying another day at the motel. Don't be a hero and try and get yourself back to your family because they need you or you don't want them to worry. You have to put yourself higher up the priority ladder than you are.

It's easier for us to sit here and advise you what you should be doing. It's far harder to be on the other side of things. We've all been there and we all wonder if the voices in our heads are making up excuses for us and trying to sabotage our hard work. Our demons are very clever. They've fooled us and lied to us for so long that we never know what to believe any more.

Your challenge for today is to put yourself first. Remember we're all here for you. We only worry because we care. *hugs*

No weight change for me this week. And after my post to Steph, I have no right to complain. I'm not going to beat myself up over it this week. I'm not a failure! I didn't GAIN weight this week! :biggrin2: :rolleyes:

My son has "lunch with mom" on Wednesday at school, but because I'm scheduled for surgery that day, I'm going to go there tomorrow instead. Plus I'll be taking my own lunch. I don't trust school cafeterias. :thumbup: And I'm going to walk there and back (weather permitting). It's 2 miles from here and that will help with my March exercise challenge. I'm going to try for another 30 min workout this afternoon as well, because I'll be off the exercises for a week following surgery.

I don't think I'll be able to meet up with everyone in July. I have already planned vacation time with my family for then. Plus I'm not a good shopper. I don't like it. :) It's better now that I don't have to go to the fat section for clothes, but it's still not a pleasant thing for me. I don't know that I'll ever enjoy shopping even when I make my target goal size.

Well that's it for me today.... so far.... I'll check back in later on. :crying:

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d7e1ab80c-d705-42b4-8ebf-03ced7c89227.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dbGVhZjExMTExMS5naWY_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002501c87fda%2524c26cafc0%25240a02a8c0%2540DC6V0341%26shared%3d1&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d19ab77f2-fbda-4aca-84ec-3a833f4984c8.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dQVRUNDQ0MjIyMi5naWY_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002601c87fda%2524c26cafc0%25240a02a8c0%2540DC6V0341%26shared%3d1&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d515630a2-fda9-4757-a2c5-7a92c33701cb.GIF%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dQkVBUkNBfjIzMzMzLkdJRg_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c87fda%2524c26cafc0%25240a02a8c0%2540DC6V0341%26shared%3d1&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d95f34ddf-8375-4546-9774-e9f4cc57053b.GIF%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dQkxLUEFUfjI0NDQ0LkdJRg_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002801c87fda%2524c26cafc0%25240a02a8c0%2540DC6V0341%26shared%3d1&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

-----

BLESSEDCANADA

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: "Today I am going to create a land called Canada It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats, and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel "don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?"

"Not really," replied God "just wait and see the winters I am going to give them."

AND NOW YOU KNOW.GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3dc4ad347c-575f-4cb3-bf62-2af5febe071c.GIF%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dQ0FOJTVCfjE1NTU1LkdJRg_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002901c87fda%2524c26cafc0%25240a02a8c0%2540DC6V0341%26shared%3d1&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

Just so ya know where I'm coming from, Peaches. I adore my future daughter-in-law who was born in London and has family in Sarnia too. She has dual citizenship now, but she claims Canada as "home." What's amazing is that one of my son's best friends who is standing up in his wedding also married a Canadian girl and I adore her too. Can't say that I've ever met a Canadian that I didn't like!

Can't say that I've ever met a Canadian that I didn't like!

Me too! I love Canadians so much I married one. :biggrin2:

Something else you all probably don't know either, is that I live in Texas but I'm not a Southern Gal. At least not by the American definition of one. I do hail from the south, but I'm actually a down under girl. My father is Australian and my mother is from New Zealand. Before moving to Texas I lived my life hopping back and forth between both countries. Couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted to live in for keeps. :sneaky:

We have plans to move back to Aussie hopefully sometime this year. I love Texas but I'm homesick for "home". *sigh*