Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkk!:lol: Just got home from my marathon drive and fill!:blushing::biggrin::thumbup:. I haven't read a post on here but I wanted to share my news before I went back and read everyone's posts because I am sure it will take me an hour or so!

Officially down 80 pounds as of my doctors scale. I think there is about a 2 lb difference. So after my fill, the office manager asked if I could wait for about 10 minutes because she wanted me to see the doctor. Fortunately she asked me that prior to going in to have my fill, because otherwise I probably would have panicked. When I go in there he is RAVING about my weight loss. Then he asked me if I had thought about plastic surgery or if I thought I needed it. I told him that I was trying to work off my rolls through exercise, but I just wasn't seeing any results:thumbdown:. He asked to see what my skin looked like and as soon as I pulled my shirt up to show him, he said "that is not going away with exercise." He told me that I could do sit ups and core workouts until I was 90 and the only difference that I would see is that it would be further south! He proceeded to tell me that I was one of the biggest successes that he had seen in his practice:thumbup:, but that he thought that I really needed plastic surgery. He said he has seen many patients with my body type who get so frustrated that they don't look any different in terms of body shape that they end of gaining some weight back just because in reality you can't tell the difference. That being said they want me to do a photo shoot for their office posters and website on my 1 year bandiversary. :smile::thumbup:

As for plastic surgery, I think I am going to try and see if I can afford it. I talked to my dad who does my financial planning and he said that because I am so young and do have a pension through my job that I should be okay not investing into my retirement for 2 years, which is what it would take to pay off the lap-band surgery and be able to pay for the plastic surgery.

So that was my good news. My fill doesn't appear to be too tight. I have been able to get down 2 Protein Shakes since 11:30 along with some Water, so I am no where near as tight as I was for my last fill!!!

Okay you will hear from me again as I read through the posts.

Karri- I am soooo happy for you!! Congrats on your new 'modeling job' I was asked by my docs PA if I had received the newsletter they sent out asking people who were interested to contact them about possibly doing photoes and a television interview on the local news. I told her no because I just am not ready to get up on TV and tell GOD knows who what I have done. As I have told you all before I have a very select few that I have told about my band.

On the plastics........CONGRATULU FREAKIN LATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and jealous of you. I really hope that when I get closer I will be able to sete things 'cynched' up to where they belong. So far I don't have along of hang except on my arms (I am sooooo self conscious of them. I will be the weirdo in July wearing long sleeves when it is 100 degrees outside.

36_2_60.gif So happy for you. Don't be ashamed of your pics. As Janet said we all have the same issues and hell...............YOU'RE GETTING YOUR FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats again you totally deserve this!!!

As has been said we will definately miss you in July but will be looking forward to a full update about the Tummy Tuck. If you do not mind me asking and if so I understand, but will you give a ball park number as to the cost for something like that? I am sorry if my asking offends I am just thinking for future reference possibly.

Glad to have you back.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Asking for a price certainly does not offend me. I am paying 8500$ But again I am going to have to travel for the surgery... only three hours this time! Around here it was 17000-22000. Couldn't afford that. I am fortunate that I don't have a lot of bills: My car, my surgery, rent, and insurance. I don't have credit cards...and I don't have a family. I don't have to worry about anyone but me. And for the first time in my life, that is who I am taking care of. It is a great feeling.

Oh and thanks again for the compliments. I tell everyone about my band, so that was never an issue for me. But my nutritionist told me not to tell anyone. I talk a lot and there was no way that I could have hid an 80 pound weightloss from my students...they would have thought I was on drugs or something!

Another on again, off again day on the computer. Sounds like lots of news today, most of it pretty good!! Congrats, Karri! Glad you're feeling better, Steph!! Janet.... SIZE 8 is pretty impressive!!

Went out to lunch with friends today. While everyone else was eating salad, potatoes, veggies, meat, gravy..... I had a Club 55+ Chef Salad! It was good but I could only eat the turkey, ham, cheese on top and some of the tomatoes. I didn't feel too deprived and DH let me have one bite of his mashed potatoes!!

I think that last weekend in July will work okay for me. Have to figure out the details... fly, drive, etc!

Have to post this quick before I lose the connection again!!

7_1_116.gif

Good morning Lucky 7's!!! Just wanted to check in and say good morning. I am usually not up this early but seem to be full of energy today. That is good I guess since I have a full plate today. I am going to the darn dreaded dentist today. I HATE THE DENTIST!!! I told you all of the troubles I had last summer when I went and I am petrified of them now. I didn't sleep well and kept thinking of this impending appointment today. :tt2: UUGGGHHH Have a date for the gym today. My aunt is also going. She likes to go together. I am going about an hour before she gets there though because I just feel like I get a better workout if I am going at it myself. I figure that if I go an hour before and then when she gets there I can go at it a little slower and talk while working out. :tt2: It is a win win because I am still going to get my intense hour and then another 1 -1 1/2 hours longer. :thumbup: I think I actually missed working out for the month to month and a half that I wasn't really doing it. I feel so much more energized again now that I am doing it again and so much better. That coupled with the sunshine we are FINALLY seeing the sun in Iowa with warmer tempts (we are supposed to get to 45 today. WOOHOO it is about time!!) has really gave me a boost. I do dare to say that spring really is going to come again. I was really beginning to doubt we would EVER see nicer weather again. This winter has been a VERY VERY long winter here. We have not had a winter like this one in quite a few years so it has made it seem exceptionally long.

Janet I forgot to congratulate you on the size 8. WOW!!!!!!! You go girl!!!:thumbup: I am so freakin proud of you. Now with the trainer........whoa watch out!!! I have thought of getting one of those balls that you were talking about. Give me your input and tell me what you think of them? I seen that bender ball and really want that one. The problem is that I have bought exercise balls in the past and never used them. I think I would be better now but then again I had a treadmill and never used it and then went out and bought myself the eliptical and never used that either so I don't know. Thing is that there is no way that I am going to use one of them at the gym so I was thinking maybe here at home in front of the tv at night after I do my daily gym thingy. Give me your opinion.

Have a wonderful day all my 7's. We are all doing excellent. There are so many compliments to hand out to each and every one of you for your achievements. Just think, summer and spring are comming and think how fast the poundage will drop then. :tongue: Hugs to all!!!!!!

Karri--Where are you going for $8500? After reading your posts, I'm thinking that now is the time to start looking into it. I can not wait to see your after pics! I can see why the doctor told you to up your calories. Once you have the surgery, you'll be able to see more of the positive results of all your hard work, and you'll realize how thin the rest of you really is!

Since my doctor knew that finances were an issue he recommended that I use the financing throught doctorssayyes.com. He has sent many patients to the doctor that uses that financing program in my area, and they have had good results. The surgery fee is 6499$, 999$ anesthesia, and 999$ hospital. This company works with doctors to provide financing and lower costs, but the availability of consultations and surgery dates are limited. Aftercare is not a problem just the initial part. But since I am planning surger for several months out I should be fine.

Yes I can see that I am thin when I am clothed, but as you can tell from my belly pictures, it is a very difficult thing for me to deal with. I am sure that you can all relate! It was starting to get very frustrating that it just wouldn't go away no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised. That is why the doc really suggested that I get it. He said that in his experience he has just found that when people have my body shape and they don't get the Tummy Tuck they put weight back on because they can't really tell much of a difference. He did say that I could be down to a size 6 (and maybe lower) when I finished. HOLY CRAP! I am really not trying to think of that right now. Even if I stay a size 10 I would be fine. I just don't want to look down and feel like Jabba the Hut's sister!

Fill is a little tight. Forgot about it and took a big swig of my Protein Drink this morning and just about pb'd all over the tests I was grading! OOPS. If I take it slow I am good.

Okay gotta get back to work!

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3da2dd0000-2f88-46bd-b0ee-da45e6639d3a.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDcuZ2lm%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a002701c8837d%2524cab63ab0%2524a089fb63%2540xuser&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.98&d=d2953&mf=0

Tell me about flabby thighs!! If I have PS, that's probably going to be my priority!

10_8_12.gif

Very bright and sunny here this a.m. still cold... -27 celcius but hey its not rain... so that's the main thing LOL

-16 farenheit for you U.S. gals....:tongue:

Good Morning Gang

Karri - After seeing your picture (Had so go back and search it's funny you can post and I read the one after the pic last night but didn't see the pic ) I think you are making a very wise decision on getting the TT. I could see where that tummy could cause motivational problems - You have lost so much weight and the TT will show you just how much you have lost. I am so very happy for you - and it wasn't that bad ok we all have the bag and sag going on - but we are so much more healthier now that when we started this journey.

Jackie - Truly I think the 8's are a fluke - cuz I had tried on a pair of red capris in a 10 - but the leg seam was messed up - so got another pair - same brand size 10 and could barely get them zipped up. But, these jean do say size 8 and I want to wear them inside out :tongue: - As to the ball - it's one of those big balls that you sit on the trainer sit on one across from me and puts his toes on top of mine and hold my knees with his hands and I lean back and do crunches/sit ups - I don't think I could do it all by my lonesome right now - I don't think I am strong enough to keep my balance and do it - but eventually I will be:smile:. So I can't say that they would be good for the house cuz I need help - I was thinking about buying a treadmill for the house but don't have anywhere to put it except maybe my bedroom - but due the the configuration I wouldn't be able to see the T.V. and I think that I need the displen of going to the gym - it's too easy to get distracted at home and find reasons not to exercise - if you go to the gym - there are no distractions.. I got some weights to use while watching t.v. - but have only done them when I first got them - so - my theroy - keep up your gym membership - I know it's costly - but we are all worth it.

I go to the dentist today too - but it's to get fitted for the permanet bridge so it shouldn't be to bad - Plus my dentist is cute -I love him - but hate the Dentist too...

Peaches - OMW you crack me up... That was too funny

Ok gotta get to work- Will ck back later

Very bright and sunny here this a.m. still cold... -27 celcius but hey its not rain... so that's the main thing LOL

-16 farenheit for you U.S. gals....:tongue:

61 F here right now at 8:19 a.m. - It suppose to be 83 with some high clouds. I think all you cold place people need to come to the Desert next winter and visit me & phyl - you need our sunshine..

Janet - If you want to use the ball without your trainer there, scoot it up close to the wall so that your knees are resting against the wall and do the sit ups. That will help balance you.

Peaches- :thumbup: Ahhhhh Haaa haaa, I think I peed my pants!!!! :tt2:

Karri - That is soooo wonderful, congratulations, I can tell from your pics that you have a lot a skin to get off. You are going to be soooo happy!! :tongue:

Janet- Congrats on the pants. :tt2:

My DH is outta town this week. I'm sleeping all alone. :thumbup: