Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ok I thought I answered Steph & Karri - but i guess not - I know I started a reply but must have never finished..

Steph give the med's time - you will level out - and hope you have a fun time this weekend - I am going to Phyl's for dinner & a show at their park on Saturday - so I am really looking forward to that --

===========================================================

Kari - I was talking with a gf at working and she said I bet you keep losing - I said yep i really thought so to - cuz I don't know how to stop it and sorta think that my body will when it's ready.

You need to beleive your bf - from your pic of your tummy I bet you will lose alot of weight when they do the TT and I have a lot of loose skin all over my body too - my legs really aren't fat but the skin is so loose..I am right there with you

You may need a tad unfill - I can't eat much either at one sitting and I don't want to start eating cheesecake either - so I think that when you/me get to goal - we will have to get a little taken out so that you can eat more good foods.

We will learn so don't fret too much about it - I think our bodies will set themselves at one point - we do eat so it's not like we are anorixa (sp)

and the thing about being to skinny isn't necessarliy ture - it's just that people are so use to seeing us fat that now we are tiny to them - but if they didn't know us before then they wouldn't think that way...

You can add some healthy carbs to your diet - that might help..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Linda - I am so sorry that you didn't hit your mark today ((Hugs - Hugs)) - move the frickin scale back to the other room... and you are not hopeless..

Can you even eat the bread from the fish sand or ruben??? Don't you still have restriction - I would love to have a submarine sandwich but know I couldn't eat it - i can eat sandwich bread but I don't think I could eat a roll and that would be to frustrating -

I can't tell you that I don't want food anymore - I do - but I am afarid of it. I want Cookies - I want my fish fried instead of baked. Like today - when we were at target - i thought about buying a candy bar - said "well you only have 10.5 lbs to go and you have given yourself until 5/17 to hit that - so ya you can eat a candy - or have some rocky road ice cream" if you don't lose next week that's ok - well ya that's ok - but I sure and the HELL don't want to gain either - so I just say no... I am afraid that if I gain - that it won't stop = just like in the past - Don't ask me where this strenght is comming from - cuz i really don't know - I just thank God for it...

So We do not think you are hopeless - we have an addiction and we are all diff on how we handle it - Look how good you have done almost 100 lbs in 8 months. That is what you have to focus on -

I know that it had to be really hard on you today cuz the scales went up instead of down - it could be Water the moving of the scale or tomorrow yu can get on it and it will show a 3 lbs loss - you know how fickle the scales can be - just write down what you eat for the next week - that will help (did you eat or drink something extra cuz you did walk and thought cuz i did exercise i can eat this or that) Did you eat something salty?? have you gone potty (#2) there are alot of factors here .. So please please don't feel hopeless you aren't you have lost a great deal of weight in a very short time (like a bypass person) just know we are here for you and that you ARE NOT HOPELESS... (hugs - hugs - hugs)

So I talked to the counselor today and she has recommended me to a therapist. At first she thought that I truly was dealing with an eating disorder but after a 2 hour conversation she has decided that I have an obsessive personality. Money, work and food! Those are the three things in my life that I have completely control over, so I obsess about them. She really thinks that I need some therapy from someone that has dealt with these issues for longer than she has. So I called and left a message so hopefully I will get an appointment soon.

I have made the decision that I am going to have part of this fill removed though. I can't eat more than 1/3 of a cup of food without pain and in order to get my calories I have to eat constantly throughout the day. Then I can't get my Water in. Only 20 oz yesterday and the same today. Okay going to sign off and go drink, drink, drink.

thanks Janet. I'm just having a down day I guess. Had some liquid calories with the kids and I am about to go to bed and hope that tomorrow will be another day. They're partying on. . . Oh to be 21 and in love again! Anyway, here's the reply from my bro:

There are over 2 dozen hotels with in less than a mile of the mall. It really comes down to price as most are somewhat new being built along with the growth of that area.

The Days Inn is 5 miles away, but its a 4 lane "interstate" quality highway. The area is fine. I would not hesitate to stay there

I'm fine with residence inn or whatever you pick. I can do my own room, or room with Peaches if she wants, or anyone else for that matter--as long as I can have my own bed and a cool room. DH tells me that my snoring is much better now, but I still do it sometimes, so that might not be attractive to some ppl. have a feeling that some of us will be up most of the night anyway.

No, I can't eat soft bread, I just WANT to, and today I'm unhappy because I can't have what I want. It's not just about food either. It's just that food used to be something that I COULD have, and now that's gone too. I don't want to bring anyone else down with me, so I won't go on about it anymore. I'll just go to bed now. See you tomorrow!

thanks Janet. I'm just having a down day I guess. Had some liquid calories with the kids and I am about to go to bed and hope that tomorrow will be another day. They're partying on. . . Oh to be 21 and in love again! Anyway, here's the reply from my bro:

There are over 2 dozen hotels with in less than a mile of the mall. It really comes down to price as most are somewhat new being built along with the growth of that area.

The Days Inn is 5 miles away, but its a 4 lane "interstate" quality highway. The area is fine. I would not hesitate to stay there

I'm fine with residence inn or whatever you pick. I can do my own room, or room with Peaches if she wants, or anyone else for that matter--as long as I can have my own bed and a cool room. DH tells me that my snoring is much better now, but I still do it sometimes, so that might not be attractive to some ppl. have a feeling that some of us will be up most of the night anyway.

No, I can't eat soft bread, I just WANT to, and today I'm unhappy because I can't have what I want. It's not just about food either. It's just that food used to be something that I COULD have, and now that's gone too. I don't want to bring anyone else down with me, so I won't go on about it anymore. I'll just go to bed now. See you tomorrow!

Ok I understand - our food what we controlled and no one else - I get it and you aren't bring anyone down - we are here to support you.... This is why I am so glad that we are going to get together - it will be so much eaiser to talk about our issues in person and for some to really get to know each other so that we will feel comfortable talking about stuff too.

Yep I want things and miss them too - it ok - go have a ruben sandwich - just eat the center - heck you will feel better - and it's Protein and veggies. and it's better for you than the fish sandwich...:thumbup:

I would love to be 21 and know what I know now - but I wouldn't want to 21 if I had to learn life all over again..

Sweet dreams - tomorrow will be a better day - and you can ALWAY count on us being there for you - we understand

xoxoxox

Janet

I think Jackie is staying with me - and the only reason I didn't offer to share a room is due to the fact that I smoke... I think the Residence in is a good choice - just cuz it's a marriott and I know we will have nice accomidations.

So I talked to the counselor today and she has recommended me to a therapist. At first she thought that I truly was dealing with an eating disorder but after a 2 hour conversation she has decided that I have an obsessive personality. Money, work and food! Those are the three things in my life that I have completely control over, so I obsess about them. She really thinks that I need some therapy from someone that has dealt with these issues for longer than she has. So I called and left a message so hopefully I will get an appointment soon.

I have made the decision that I am going to have part of this fill removed though. I can't eat more than 1/3 of a cup of food without pain and in order to get my calories I have to eat constantly throughout the day. Then I can't get my Water in. Only 20 oz yesterday and the same today. Okay going to sign off and go drink, drink, drink.

Karri

I think you knew you were alittle ocd (or whatever it's called):thumbup: but that's good that you are going to see some one to help you with it and yes if you are suppose to slow down the weight loss and can't eat much a little taken out would be good. I hate it when I can't drink- I haven't been great about my water - I am drinking about 2 bottles - so am just missing 16 oz - so that s not too bad...

'

Ok My dinner is done - will ck back later

Online here for a little bit...have DH's laptop...he's snoring again! Had to use his computer to get tax software update and start the taxes, so I had a good excuse and in the meantime... he fell asleep!!

Appreciation dinner for volunteers in our park tonight.... They served WAY too much food! Small scoop of potato salad, Beans, a whole chicken leg AND a big huge rib! Then...who mentioned cheesecake... from the Cheesecake Factory. I took my 3 bites & gave it to DH. We saved his & brought it home. Maybe the three of us can share it tomorrow night, Janet!!??? As our time here draws to an end, too many food occassions! I ate too much tonight, but not to the point of discomfort. Took about two bites of the rib. We brought that home, too. Last potluck after church on Sunday and we have to go because I volunteered us to do the setup for this one. Monday lunch with friends from OK. Email this week from old high school friends that live about an hour from here... they want us to come over for brunch some time in the next two weeks.. before we leave!!! See what I mean????

FOOD< FOOD< FOOD!

Just have to be determined to be very disciplined.

Wind is still blowing like crazy here.

Interesting reading the "maintenance" discussions. That challenge is way off for me, so I'll learn from your experiences!

Oh, I forgot... MsPris... I gave up on that glitter site. Same experience as Janet's... didn't show up half the time. So I found that sparklee.com site. I think if you just click on that next to my signature, it should take you to the site. Tickerfactory.com is where you get the tickers. Setup isn't too hard. Then you copy the bbc code and come here and hit edit signature and "paste" it in. There is a tutorial here, but Janet will have to tell you how to find that one. GOod luck.

WHEW you have all been busy since I was here last. Sorry in advance for this long post (probably a couple pages itself!:tt2:)

Steph -and you know what - when I do allow myself a little bit of a treat - it's never as good as I remember it. the -1 lbs feels so much better than what the taste of food is - heck you could have done Phyls 3 bite rule if you really wanted some. -

I agree. For me lots of things have just lost their luster. Just like the other night when I was determined I had to buy 2 half gallons of ice cream because one wasn't going to be enough. In all reality when I got 1 cup of it and started eating a couple bites it just didn't taste very good. Not something I wanted to waste my calories on.

It got so bad that we were told we had to ask permission to go to the rest room. Excuse me??? I was a woman in my 50's at the time, a professional, and I have to ask permission to go take a pee???? I couldn't do it... too much pride, I guess. So I made myself a sticky note "potty pass".. I think that's what I wrote on it. And I would stick it on myself when I was going to the rest room and point at it as I walked by the "team leader" with a silly grin, smart ass that I am!! Phone jobs totally suck~~~!!

Phyl you totally crack me up. I love your humor!!! I even had to tell DH about this. He looked at me like I was nuts because I was laughing at the computer. 4_1_219.gif

He says, "So, how much have you lost now?" I told him 70 lb. He says, "are you skinny now??" I said, "No, I have 100 lb to go." He says.... are you ready for this??? "I hope you make it!! You should've done it a long time ago!!" GRRRRRRR!! What a jerk!!

What a jerk is right!! SCREW UNCLE ED! 12_1_2.gif You have done amazing!!! Don't listen to him with his wise cracks.

I'd get along well with both of you... definitely NOT a morning person and one of my worst vices is not controlling CLUTTER!! Drives DH crazy!! Janet, you might consider gettin' the girl some champagne/o.j. and make the girl a Mimosa every morning!!

:)

YEAH JANET. FIX ME A DRINK. lol But remember I get sick. 10_2_10.gif Ok sorry for that smiley. He is a little to graphic I think.

So when they came around with it I picked a fudgcicle. but after a few bites, it was tasting too sweet and I really was comfortable full and satisfied, so gave that to DH, too! TOPS weigh in was at 5:30 pm so I was keeping that in mind, too. I didn't lose anything this week, but stayed the same. That's okay. That's what I do.. drop 4-5 lb then take a couple of weeks to level off at that weight and then another drop. I can live with that. Next fill when we get home... April 14 appt. but I feel like I have pretty good restriction. DH gets upset when I say that... I think he doesn't think I'm losing fast enough and he's quite adamant about me needing a fill. None of his business, right??!! But, it HAS been 6 months!! Or it will be by April.

Phyl- DH has no idea how your fill is. I am sure you have stressed that to him more than once. You are the one who has to live with the restriction and some of us know when we are too restricted it is MISERABLE!!! Congrats on what you ate yesterday. WHAT a NSV giving up the ice cream that you intended to eat as well. Doesn't that feel great to just say no I don't want it?!

BTW, Aunt Genny not doing well... down to 80-90 lb, hair almost gone, has to be carried from place to place, DIL feeds her because if she feeds herself she gets tired after a couple of bites and quits. I told Mom to expect a downward spiral. She says she knows, but my sister says there is still a lot of denial. She keeps asking my sister if she thinks Aunt Genny will get better.

So sorry to hear that your Aunt Genny is not doing well. Hugs to you!!!

O.k. did something bizarre but needed today. I went to a Hypnotist, I need to stop eating Chocolate!!! My meals have been very good, small portions but I've been stopping at Tim Hortons and having choc chip Cookies (oh yeah, they go down just fine - even when I choke and PB on everything else)

Anyway, under Hypnosis she regressed me back to childhood when I was really shamed by someone (won't bore you with the details here) and this was linked to my eating JUNK food... then after I've eaten the junk food I have intense feelings of SHAME... it was kind of enlightening.. anyways I'll let you know how it works for me... Its the "head hunger" stuff that really sabotages me... the surgery makes be eat LESS but still I am not losing,,, and I know its gotta be these 'extras'...

Well, that's my true confession for today :thumbup:

Peaches I seen in our local paper the other day that one night next week they are doing a 'quit smoking'lose weight' hypnotisome (sp?) free one night next week. I have been doing pretty good lately (Please GOD don't let it stop now cuz I said it out loud! 17_1_10.gif) But I actually thought of going. I went 2 years ago but didn't really get anything out of it. I quit smoking shortly after that but I honestly think that was more on my own than anything. It is done in a group session that is why it is free. I have a friend who went and done an individual session and she lost 60 pounds. Maybe I should splurge and do that for the second half of my journey. I think if I get stuck again I will try it. Let us know how yours does for you. Good luck!!!

Son is staying away from me - I dropped the girls off on Wed and he had this big smile on his face and then ran in the house - he knows his mother and her temper..

Janet-sounds like he is back at home then. Hopefully things will work out. Eventually he has to face you though.

Peaches - I know ppl who did that for smoking and it worked - hope it works for you - and we all have those stories - we will share all that junk at our gab fest in July.. Especaily after a few cocktails... I will warn you all right now - I am one of those people who just love everyone when I have a little buzz - but you all know already how much I love you guys now - so if we have cocktails don't be shocked if I tell you all again and cry...

Janet- I am SOOOOO like you. I get a few drinks and buzzing I am all warm and fuzzy and tell people how I feel. Don't get me wrong I am not a sappy drunk but if discussion turns to feeling WHOA LOOK OUT. lol

I am with you on that one. Only problem is when you are getting everyone and there dog (including your doc) telling you that you need to stop losing weight. If money wasn't tight I would go get one of those body fat % scales so that I could show everyone that I still have fat on me. My BF told me this morning that what I think it fat is really just skin (not just on my belly!) Don't know if I believe him. Then again I don't know if I would believe anyone. So I went to the PE/health teacher for nutrition tips and they said that 1500 calories is too low since I am not wanting to lose a whole lot of weight. I think I am going to have to have some of my fill removed. Though I am telling you that people would kill for the level of restriction that I have. But I can't get enought calories and Water in. To get the amount of calories I need I have to snack all day long. I only got 20 oz of water in yesterday. :ohmy: The suggestion the teacher gave is that I need to start eating higher calorie foods. "Go ahead and have that piece of cheesecake and don't feel bad about it" Ummmmm....that is what got me to a 17000$ bill and major surgery. I don't care about those foods any more. But on the other hand I can't eat enough of the good foods to maintain. I know this is a problem that people wish they had and I feel a little guilty posting here about this but I don't know where else to turn. I don't want to post on the at/near goal because I don't know them and you are my family. I have really been on emotional roller coaster this week. I kept saying that I needed to see a nutritionist before, but now I really think I do. Just flustered!

Karri- I think we should all brush up with a nutritionist. I actually just talked to my doctor about this. I told him that I feel like I may have forgotten a lot of things that she suggested for Protein because I have eaten mostly chicken for each meal because I know that it is a great source and I have fallen into the habit of chicken chicken chicken. Not that that is a bad thing but I am afraid that I will get sick of it. He suggests his patients to brush up 2 times a year. I haven't made an appointment yet.

Zoloft seems to be having some strange effects. I'm exhausted in the evenings like usual but the minute I lay down in a dark room I'm wide awake. So...Im not sleeping well. However, big blow up last night at home and I didn't even ever raise my voice. I don't even think my blood pressure went out of control. That was nice. However, today the super came to talk to me and he was upset and my ears started ringing. It was almost like lightheadedness. I don't know. I like how much calmer I am but some of the other stuff...I'm not sure. I'm still not eating a ton so that might have something to do with it. Oh....and when I yawn, it makes me gag....like my tongue is too thick in the back or something....I can't explain. But I'm blaming it all on the zoloft because it all started when I started taking it. I know it has to build up in my system but dr. said that since I was so sick and dehydrated and my system was going to be trying to right itself, it may not take the week to seven days that it normally does.

Steph glad to hear you are able to stay calm. Maybe I need ZOLOFT. I was on so many things when my kids dad passed and I just got tired of taking those kinds of meds. I am soooo ashamed to admit this but with all the medications they had me on..............there were ALOT!!!.......I took the kids to school 3 different times and didn't even remember it. Then one night the tornado sirens in town were going off and my kids and mom were trying to get me out of bed to go to the basement and I had already taken my bedtime meds and I wouldn't get up and I had no recollection of anything the next morning. THank GOD no tornado actually hit because I didn't get up and go to the basement. After that I threw my meds away and havent taken anything like that since. That is not to say that I don't/didn't need anything I just quit taking it. Good luck and make sure you report all your symptoms to doctor.

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about..... Happy pi day!!!!!

PI Day? Does that mean we get to eat PIE today and it doesn't count?

I'm bumed. Despite sticking to the plan and even walking twice this week, I didn't loose. In fact I gained 1 1/2. Now, maybe it's because I moved the scale to another room b/c dd is home, but none the less I am really down. I have to travel next week, so it will be harder to stick to the program, but I will. Then I have to deal with Easter. . . This is getting old. Unlike most of you, food still is calling me. Oh, for a McDonalds fish sandwich, a Ruben Sandwich, or Bailey's Irish Cream to Celebrate St. Patty's. I am hopeless. Utterly hopeless.

Lindaa- It is probably water. I know it was very disappointing to see a gain but remember you did more the scale. Hang in there (((HUGS)))

I have made the decision that I am going to have part of this fill removed though. I can't eat more than 1/3 of a cup of food without pain and in order to get my calories I have to eat constantly throughout the day. Then I can't get my water in. Only 20 oz yesterday and the same today. Okay going to sign off and go drink, drink, drink.

Karri- I am glad you are making the choice to get some fill removed so you can eat according to your doctors orders. That in itself is growth. Be proud of yourself.

Brandy-Congrats on the suit. Bet you look great at a 144 lbs. Look out beaches cuz here she comes!!!

Pris- I never figured out the glitter name either that is why I have never had one. Sorry!! I have a hard time with my ticker. Whenever I need to update it I have to make a whole new one. I used to be able to edit it but I don't know what happened there. :bored:

Ok I think I have responded to everyone and if not I did not intentionally leave anyone out. You are all doing wonderful!!! Phyl and Kari so glad to see you both back. Now if we could just get some of the gang back we started this journey with.

So I went shopping yesterday. First I went to the gym for 1 and 1/2 hours. (Have to update my hours for the moth yet) and then I went tanning. Man I was sweating like a fiend. After all that came home and showered and got ready to go. I needed some spring/summer clothes because NOTHING fits from last year. I bought 3 pair of capris at Kohls and listen to this..........2 were size 10. Now I know for a fact they are flukes because my jeans are still size 12 and every brand fits different but DAMN IT THEY ARE 10'S!!!! :lol: I bought both pair and had to show my Aunt what size they were and called my mom on the way home to tell her. Had to tell hubby when I got home and tonight called my step mom in Missouri and while talking made sure I told her what size. LOL Besides the capri I bought myself a swim suit. Now this is a MAJOR NSV for me since we have a pool and I were a t shirt and shorts into it ONLY when hubby and no one is around. Now I will probably still were a t shirt over it but I really like the suit. WHen I got home my daughter said mom let me see that on you. I said no. She goes come on so I put it on and she goes you look really good in that. You wont need to cover it up at all. Show yourself off. Now that is a major compliment because as I have told you all before my daughter struggles with her weight and she is 16. I don't tell her my sizes because i don't want to hurt her. She was pretty bitter towards me at times in the beginning of all of this but she has watched and knows how hard I work for the weight loss. She understands the whole process of the band a lot better now. She still has her moments but I am very forgiving and try to understand her because I know what it is like to be so envious of someone else even when you want to be happy for them. Anyway, today I went and got my hair highlighted and done. I really like my hair and it was feeling really good about myself because it was nice outside so I done up my make up and hair and I wore a new pair of capri with a new size Medium shirt with my cool new summer shoes. Got lots of compliments and felt very confident about myself when I was out today but the best thing that happened today was when my son came home from school and I was standing at the kitchen sink and he was stairing at me and I asked him 'do I have something on me or something' and he said 'no but look how skinny you are getting!' My daughter came in the kitchen just on the tail end of the statement and said 'mom I didn't realize just how small you really are getting.' :blushing::thumbup: That made me feel so good I could have started crying. I told them both thank you and how good that made me feel and said 'I done this for all of us. I plan to be here for a long time to keep you two in shape.' and hugged them both.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I agree. For me lots of things have just lost their luster. Just like the other night when I was determined I had to buy 2 half gallons of ice cream because one wasn't going to be enough. In all reality when I got 1 cup of it and started eating a couple bites it just didn't taste very good. Not something I wanted to waste my calories on.

Ok I think I have responded to everyone and if not I did not intentionally leave anyone out. You are all doing wonderful!!! Phyl and Kari so glad to see you both back. Now if we could just get some of the gang back we started this journey with.

So I went shopping yesterday. First I went to the gym for 1 and 1/2 hours. (Have to update my hours for the moth yet) and then I went tanning. Man I was sweating like a fiend. After all that came home and showered and got ready to go. I needed some spring/summer clothes because NOTHING fits from last year. I bought 3 pair of capris at Kohls and listen to this..........2 were size 10. Now I know for a fact they are flukes because my jeans are still size 12 and every brand fits different but DAMN IT THEY ARE 10'S!!!! :blushing: I bought both pair and had to show my Aunt what size they were and called my mom on the way home to tell her. Had to tell hubby when I got home and tonight called my step mom in Missouri and while talking made sure I told her what size. LOL Besides the capri I bought myself a swim suit. Now this is a MAJOR NSV for me since we have a pool and I were a t shirt and shorts into it ONLY when hubby and no one is around. Now I will probably still were a t shirt over it but I really like the suit. WHen I got home my daughter said mom let me see that on you. I said no. She goes come on so I put it on and she goes you look really good in that. You wont need to cover it up at all. Show yourself off. Now that is a major compliment because as I have told you all before my daughter struggles with her weight and she is 16. I don't tell her my sizes because i don't want to hurt her. She was pretty bitter towards me at times in the beginning of all of this but she has watched and knows how hard I work for the weight loss. She understands the whole process of the band a lot better now. She still has her moments but I am very forgiving and try to understand her because I know what it is like to be so envious of someone else even when you want to be happy for them. Anyway, today I went and got my hair highlighted and done. I really like my hair and it was feeling really good about myself because it was nice outside so I done up my make up and hair and I wore a new pair of capri with a new size Medium shirt with my cool new summer shoes. Got lots of compliments and felt very confident about myself when I was out today but the best thing that happened today was when my son came home from school and I was standing at the kitchen sink and he was stairing at me and I asked him 'do I have something on me or something' and he said 'no but look how skinny you are getting!' My daughter came in the kitchen just on the tail end of the statement and said 'mom I didn't realize just how small you really are getting.' :thumbup::ohmy: That made me feel so good I could have started crying. I told them both thank you and how good that made me feel and said 'I done this for all of us. I plan to be here for a long time to keep you two in shape.' and hugged them both."

Jackie.... I also wonder if the buying to much (refering to the icecream) will ever go away!?!? I struggle with this all the time, I think "wow i am really hungry i should get more then that just incase im still hungry" LoL and of course... the rest goes to waste! I try to tell myself before i order something "ok i only need this much" but then at the last minute i freak out and order more. AGH! Hopefully this will go away... just need to keep telling myself get less because if you need more you can always get more instead of wasting. I even struggle with this in cooking... my freezer is so full of frozen Soups and stuff. LoL Maybe someday our brains will catch up with our stomachs!

Congratulations on the size 10!!!!!!!! Woohoo! :lol:

Kristin like you I WAY over do it with cooking. See I was always known for 'making way too much food.' 'Enough to feed an Army'. We always had a lot of left overs and then alot of throw away. I too have really tried to change this. I don't make 2 bog crock pots of something for supper. Instead I cook one. I don't made 2-3 pan of something in the oven for the 4 of us I made 1 and there is one serving a piece and then always an extra one or two because hubby and son like to eat more or hubby takes it to lunch the next day. Just Thursday night when I was making supper I said to DH are you going to eat broccoli? He said yes and I said then maybe I should make 2 bags. (the kids werern't going to eat it) He said for what it is just me and you. You'll make 2 bags and eat a little and I will have to eat the rest. Now granting broccoli is good for us and healthy but why do I still have the need to over cook. I shop for food like I do clothes. LOL WAY TO MUCH!!! We honestly don't need to go to the grocery store except for dairy for prob 2-2 1/2 months. We have no more room. I guess in the back of my head I am afraid of running out of food. LOL Wow does that sound crazy after I type it.

Welp on my way out the door again this morning. Have to take DD for prom dress fitting. I think I am just as excited as her!!!!! Afterwards she is wanting to shop a bit. She needs more things for her Chicago trip comming up. My mom is spending the day with us so we are having a girls day. My mom is 53 and she suffers from depression (debilitating. she can not even work) so this day should be good for her to get out as well. I will check back in tonight. Again sorry for such a long post last night. I was so afraid I was going to loss the post before I hit submit!! :thumbup: That was a lot of typing!

Jackie, its crazy but we do it! My cupboards are full to the brim LoL Its almost like we cant binge eat so we binge shop. haha Hopefully we can get over this.... I was re reading your post from last night and I wanted to ask you, has your daughter ever thought of getting the lapband? I know you said she is only 16 but that she struggles with her weight. I am 27 now (just had my bday) so I was 26 when I got the band and kept thinking wow I wish I could have done this when I was younger. I think it would have changed the way I thought about food and made it a lot easier down the road. For example our crazy food habbits with how we cook and shop would have never been developed if we had our band before we did our own cooking or shopping. Just a thought. I know banding in young kids is still a little contrivertial (sp?) but.... from what I have read on here there are a lot of younger kids getting banded and they seem really happy. What are everyone elses thoughts on this? I think im the youngest here? and I WISH i could have done this a long long time ago. Hope everyone has a good day!! (See Janet I'm trying to post even though im super sick at home) LoL

Good Morning Gang

You guys were busying last night and this morning - I was just cking in before I hit the gym - so this will be short (i think)

Phyl - Yes to the cheesecake:biggrin: ....

Jackie - the 10's aren't a fluke- if you are like me you wanted to wear them inside out just to show off the size :ohmy: - I have 10s & 12s - I think the 8's that I got are a fluke :thumbup: How nice for your family to notice your weight loss - that is such a nice thing to hear - (my gs has never really said anything - he accepted me as i was and as i am - I am his LALA but he knows I don't eat junk like i use too - he has told his stepmom - she can't eat that so he does notice) the complements from others really is a great motivator imho - I know everyone at work tells me i am shrinking - that I am now shorter than what i was -:blushing:

Kristin - I too still buy too much food you would think we all were starving people like we don't know where our next meal is coming from - I do the exact same thing. Hope you start to feel better soon - drink your fuilds and get some ck Soup...

Ok - I gotta get dressed for the gym it's almost 9 and I am going to go tan and then this afternoon going to dinner & a show at Phyl's...

So I will ck back after the gym...

So it is Saturday morning weigh in day! 4 pounds gone. Maybe I will be at revised goal by the time I get this fill removed! Going to go in during spring break which is not this coming week but the following. Well we are going to head out and do something. I don't want to sit in the house all day!

OK, believe it or not, but dd took me to the gym today and pushed me to do 1+ mile on the treadmill with inclines. I made one mile in 20 min and then did another 5 or so of cooling down. Then she showed me how to do some abs with the ball and floor exercises. We did some free weights for triceps and then some things on the machines. DD plays soccer in college and works in the university's exercise room so she knows a lot about all of this. I have to tell you that we can do this all in a beautiful new facility for free! Well, our taxes pay for it. I am even entitled to 3 sessions with a trainer. There are 3 facilities in the state in a high schools and open to the public. The one we went to is about 2 miles from my house, so there really is NO excuse for me not to start doing this regularly. I do need the toning, and hopefully this will help take off the last 25 or so pounds that I as struggling with.

Janet and Phyl--have a great time together. I wish I could join you guys. I really need to support. It's nice when dd is home, but I have to find other ppl b/c she has her own life. It's hard letting go of her. I think that's part of my depression lately. It was good to read Jackie's post--i have to be grateful when dd wants to do things with me, but I can't expect it.

Karri

Congrats on your 4 lbs :) Yep isn't it funny how we use to stay in the house all weekend before (well except goiing to the store to buy food that we would eat while locked up in the house:biggrin:) I went to the gym did my 3.5 miles - saw my trainer and said look no hands on a 6 inclined :tongue: Came home showered when and tanned and now just waiting to leave to go see Phyl...

I have made a vow no more shopping until I get to goal.... So I am glad I have something to do today and tomorrow going to a 60th bday party - I really don't know the girl - but know the people throwing it - we have met and we do go to the same hair dresser -

Linda

Oh girl I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING TO THE GYM...:sneaky::thumbup:

I know that you have been fighting exercise - but it so much easier once you get the weight off - 20 min mile is very very good... incline even better.

You gotta make yourself a promise to get to the gym minimum 2 days a week if not 3 - and once you find out it's not that hard increase it to 3 - 4 days a week - I believe it is what has helped me the very most. I love the challenge - I say ok you can do .50 more miles - you gotta get you and ipod and load it with upbeat musice from our era or whatever musice you like - I rock out to my itunes as I walk - it helps pass the time...

Linda, don't you have any gf who you can do things with?? How is that girl you are mentoring?? I wish you could be here too cuz I think you need a big in person hug... So since I can do it in person - here is a big cyber hug (HUG).. We are here for you....

Ok my Soup is ready - I havent eaten today and I want to put a little something in my tummy before I go hang out with my wino gf phyl - cuz you know we will have a glass or 2 :o