Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I didn't think that it did, but the way the people were talking about it on the other board, I thought maybe I missed something in Lap-Band 101. It was probably a dumb question but I asked it anyways. I always tell my students that there are no such things as dumb questions and then they open their mouths and ask one and I want to revise my statement. I was down a 1/2 pound this morning so it gave me a glimmer of hope. I am almost a week late on my monthly pictures so I guess I won't be doing them this month. I will wait until my 5 month pics.

I didn't think that it did, but the way the people were talking about it on the other board, I thought maybe I missed something in Lap-Band 101. It was probably a dumb question but I asked it anyways. I always tell my students that there are no such things as dumb questions and then they open their mouths and ask one and I want to revise my statement. I was down a 1/2 pound this morning so it gave me a glimmer of hope. I am almost a week late on my monthly pictures so I guess I won't be doing them this month. I will wait until my 5 month pics.

Wow! I didn't know teachers could be so mean!! LOL

You're right... no dumb questions, especially not here. Sometimes I think there is no rhyme or reason as to why the scale just won't move sometimes. My routine seems to be to drop 10 lb in a couple of weeks and then the scale doesn't want to move an ounce for a couple of weeks. So many other issues come in to play... hormones, Water retention, etc. I get to thinking I'm to old for hormone fluctuations, but, notice when my depression lifted last week the weight started dropping off... 5.4 lb in one week. So, who knows!!??

Thanks for your well wishes, gals. I've just ignored the crud today and kept on keeping on and I'm doing pretty good. Definitely a little congestion and slight headache, but I think my flu shot is fighting it off because whatever it is, it isn't getting a grip on me thus far!

Janet.. I'm washing it away with a glass of wine instead of chicken soup!! But your one pot wonder sounds "wonderful"! I love cabbage. Used to make those huge pots of cabbage Soup when I was in WW. Read about your new grocery store in the Desert Sun today. Might have to go check it out! Will be great to get together after the holidays. DH will bring some two buck chuck!! LOL. And you'll have to come out here and hang out with the senior citizens some time soon, too! We're among the youngest, so that's kind of nice!! But then I have to keep up with these 70-80-90 yr olds who are doing water aerobics and playing tennis, etc!! Neat group of folks out here though!

Hey Phyl;

you are so sweet! I am glad that I took that picture then... its funny how 'we' are so hard on ourselves. I almost didn't post it as I thought my nose looks really long and pointy since I've lost some weight LOL!!

Janet; Give your pouchy a hug and kiss from me.... I LOVE dogs.... more than most people.... I am a real gonner for the 4 legged furries....

Janet, I can't wait to feel that full!!! LoL Although i do have some restriction my tummy grumbles really loud and i start feeling starving after 4 or 5 hours! I can't wait for fill #4 i think i will be perfect!

I thought I was the only weido with a "loud" stomach... It is really embarasing when I am treating a patient and my stomach goes 'argh-hag-yak-rulge'

I just go 'Oh excuse me, I forgot to eat breakfast'.....

even though I've eaten my 'portion' and my mid morning snack... its just weird since banding, "its" very vocal....

oh well, could be worse... at least its not 'toots'!!!

I am going for my 7th fill this coming Wednesday:tired... hope to be tighter... oh so nice to b e able to go all day on a yogurt.... oh happy day~~~:bounce:

:eek:No rumbling or tooting, but a lot of burping here! LOL:eek:

So I have a weird question. Before I had to become unfilled I was consuming about 1000 calories per day. After I was unfilled I continued to eat only 1000 calories per day. Can not being filled to the proper restriction cause me to stop losing weight? Someone on the other board said that she had lost 3 pounds this week, so her fill must be working. Am I just crazy or doesn't the fill just cause you to not be able to eat as much, hence lowering your calories, or does it ACTUALLY help you lose weight (I don't think it does, but thought MAYBE someone's doctor said something). I think I am just looking for the answer as to why my scale isn't moving right now. It actually did drop to 193.5 this morning, but I think it is because I am doing Atkins right now. I think I will gain a little back when I starting adding carbs in. Probably not as bad as in the past when I would gorge myself on BAD carbs.

Salsa- the fills does not help you lose weight. The fills restricts the amount you can eat. I envy you because of the will power you have right now. My gosh I would be a mess I think. Especially this time of year. When do you get refilled? I forget. Sorry. You are doing great.

Janet- I am so sorry to hear of your furry friend not feeling well. I am an absolute pushover for animals. I have 2 yorky's and they are my world. My DD is actually 'jealous' of them sometimes. LOL She always looks at me when I am 'talking' to my girls and tells me 'mom they are dogs. They had no idea what you are saying.' LOL I think the secret santa thing would be alot of fun so count me in definately. Congrats!!! I see your number went down again. Your doing wonderful!!! Would you mind posting that cabbage Soup recipe? I love cabbage and haven't had cabbage soup in years since my mom made it. I would love it. I eat soup at least 1 time EVERYDAY. LOL I am a soup person.

Phyl- Congrats on the 5 lbs!! I am like you. I go along losing nothing and then 10-12 lbs in 2 weeks then back to nothing. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like your doing great with your portions!! Wasn't it you that hubby was trying to 'skimp' on your portions before and now you are having to remind him. LOL Keep it up Phyl!!!

Peaches-my tummy also makes those LOUD obnoxious noises!! LOL It is funny because once it happened in the doctors office in the waiting room. I was setting there and it was dead silent. Could of heard a pindrop and there was 3-4 other people in there. My tummy goes off like a bomb and I just sat there. The others all looked up and looked around. LOL

I have an idea. It has been quite awhile since we all did update pics so I was wondering if everyone wants to do them before Christmas. I need to take some so I will put mine on as soon as I get them. My scale is starting to creep along a bit again. Hope it keeps going.

Shout out to all the other Lucky #7's that I didn't mention. Keep up the great work!!! We are all doing awsome!!!

The burping... yes! Agh... the burping is no fun. LoL

So girls... I'm working on my Christmas cards. I actually started making them in November, (yes i know, im sick. I make my Christmas cards LoL) then got busy with things and now im finally filling them out. We should have done a Christmas card exchange!!!! Hope everyone is having a good Thursday evening!

MY BMI HAS GONE DOWN 12.7 NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. I REALLY AM ON MY WAY TO BEING HEALTHIER!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::bounce::faint:

When do you get refilled? I forget. Sorry. You are doing great.

I get my fill on Dec 21. It is good and bad to get it at that time. I WANT to be restricted, but I never get to see my family and that will be the only time that we can Celebrate Christmas and I will be on liquids. Oh well, I have the rest of the year to eat food, and I desperately need a fill. So I emailed my dad and said that we could go out to dinner at this Mexican restaurant in my hometown (my doc is close to there and it is ~6 hours from me AND across a mountain pass) and I would just have a non-alcoholic Margarita. I don't drink alcohol because it gives me a headache so I will substitute it with sugar, my drug of choice.

Hi Salsa,

I was told by my doctor that when you get unfilled, you will regain the weight that you lost but it won't come back over night (remember, we didn't get fat overnight.) You may still be used to eating only 1000 calories because the shape of stomach has not gone back to the original shape it was before banding. The banded area will loosen up but you still have the band in place so there may till be a little bit of restriction. Let's hope that your weight stablizes and doesn't go up. I hope that you can get a fill soon so that you won't gain too much back.

I shouldn't complain, I have actually lost 7 pounds since being unfilled. I haven't gained any weight because I have had MAJOR will power. My weight loss was so steady prior to being unfilled, and then about 2 weeks ago, it just stopped. Woke up one day and the dang scale wouldn't budge. Again I shouldn't complain as I hadn't had a plateau since August 9. I am just part of that "instant" generation that wants everything right now. My doctor told me that I could gain a lot of my weight back too when he unfilled me and actually wanted me to come in sooner. However, as I mentioned before he is about 6 hours away from me and across a mountain pass. I am a pansy when it comes to driving in the snow (don't ask me why I moved to where I did where it snows all winter). the 21st is the first day of our Winter Break at the high school so it works out well to get it then. My ultimate goal would be to lose 10 pounds total while being unbanded. This experience has just gone to show me how incredibly blessed we are to have gotten this tool. Yes we still have to do the work, but when there is something that can make that work a little easier, it makes such a difference. Whenever someone makes a comment about how I make losing weight look easy, I just tell them to let me give them a band and they will see just how NOT easy it is. I don't let ANY one take my credit away from me just because I have the band. Alright off on another tirade. I need to get to bed. 4:45 am comes early!

MY BMI HAS GONE DOWN 12.7 NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. I REALLY AM ON MY WAY TO BEING HEALTHIER!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::bounce::faint:

That's great, Jackie! Congrats!!

I get my fill on Dec 21. It is good and bad to get it at that time. .

That's the same day I get my fill! I also had one the day before Thanksgiving - kinda forces me to back off the buffet table! Of course the broth on Thanksgiving kinda made me a little cranky - mushies would have been better...Oh well - happy with the losses so far! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!