Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

The burping... yes! Agh... the burping is no fun. LoL

So girls... I'm working on my Christmas cards. I actually started making them in November, (yes i know, im sick. I make my Christmas cards LoL) then got busy with things and now im finally filling them out. We should have done a Christmas card exchange!!!! Hope everyone is having a good Thursday evening!

Christmas card exchange would've been fun. We are all too busy to think of these things until it's too late... like Secret Santa, too. We could take Janet's suggestion and do a Summer Secret Santa! I can't imagine making handmade Christmas cards! I'm having enough trouble just writing the addresses! I'm up to the "J's" now!! Think I'll get them in the mail before the end of the week???

Good Morning Lucky #7's! Where is everybody??

Looks like a beautiful morning here! Glad we're not back east with all that snow! My Mom & sisters are in Buffalo NY and probably getting hit. I'll have to call them later.

Janet.. I'm washing it away with a glass of wine instead of chicken soup!! But your one pot wonder sounds "wonderful"! I love cabbage. Used to make those huge pots of cabbage Soup when I was in WW. Read about your new grocery store in the Desert Sun today. Might have to go check it out! Will be great to get together after the holidays. DH will bring some two buck chuck!! LOL. And you'll have to come out here and hang out with the senior citizens some time soon, too! We're among the youngest, so that's kind of nice!! But then I have to keep up with these 70-80-90 yr olds who are doing Water aerobics and playing tennis, etc!! Neat group of folks out here though!

I love being around 70-90 yr olds makes me feel young :scared:

Hey Phyl;

you are so sweet! I am glad that I took that picture then... its funny how 'we' are so hard on ourselves. I almost didn't post it as I thought my nose looks really long and pointy since I've lost some weight LOL!!

Janet; Give your pouchy a hug and kiss from me.... I LOVE dogs.... more than most people.... I am a real gonner for the 4 legged furries....

Peaches - Your nose looks fine - we are so critical of ourselves:rolleyes:

My Lil Bear is doing alot better - Thanks - Dogs & Cats can be alot nicer than alot of people out there - I am reading Dean Koontz newest book and it's about Golden Retrivers - I only seem to get to read a little each morning with my coffee - but I am to the part where - I will read tonite alot is going on and i want to find out WHY..

Janet- I am so sorry to hear of your furry friend not feeling well. I am an absolute pushover for animals. I have 2 yorky's and they are my world. My DD is actually 'jealous' of them sometimes. LOL She always looks at me when I am 'talking' to my girls and tells me 'mom they are dogs. They had no idea what you are saying.' LOL I think the secret santa thing would be alot of fun so count me in definately. Congrats!!! I see your number went down again. Your doing wonderful!!! Would you mind posting that cabbage Soup recipe? I love cabbage and haven't had cabbage soup in years since my mom made it. I would love it. I eat soup at least 1 time EVERYDAY. LOL I am a soup person. I have an idea. It has been quite awhile since we all did update pics so I was wondering if everyone wants to do them before Christmas. I need to take some so I will put mine on as soon as I get them. My scale is starting to creep along a bit again. Hope it keeps going.

Jackie - I will give you the ingredents but I don't measure I am one of those people who just throw things together My soup base for all my Soups (depending on size you are making) tomatoe sauce - little el pato sauce to taste (not too spicy tomatoe sauce) - small can red chili co- onions - tons of garlic - curry powder (this is the magic touch got it from my sister) carrots - salt & pepper, zuchinne - corn - cabbage - red potatoes and meat of choice - chicken - beef - or make meat balls with ground turkey instead of hamburger - (meat balls - ground turkey rice egg bread crumbs garlic curry powder - chopped onions jalapenos cilantro) My one pot wonder isn't a soup just junk thrown togethers

oinions - bell peppers - (meat of choice) garlic- rice - soy sauce and cabbage

I get my fill on Dec 21. It is good and bad to get it at that time. I WANT to be restricted, but I never get to see my family and that will be the only time that we can Celebrate Christmas and I will be on liquids. Oh well, I have the rest of the year to eat food, and I desperately need a fill. So I emailed my dad and said that we could go out to dinner at this Mexican restaurant in my hometown (my doc is close to there and it is ~6 hours from me AND across a mountain pass) and I would just have a non-alcoholic Margarita. I don't drink alcohol because it gives me a headache so I will substitute it with sugar, my drug of choice.

Salsa - What I do is have a good meal the nite before a fill :)

I shouldn't complain, I have actually lost 7 pounds since being unfilled. I haven't gained any weight because I have had MAJOR will power. My weight loss was so steady prior to being unfilled, and then about 2 weeks ago, it just stopped. Woke up one day and the dang scale wouldn't budge. Again I shouldn't complain as I hadn't had a plateau since August 9. I am just part of that "instant" generation that wants everything right now. My doctor told me that I could gain a lot of my weight back too when he unfilled me and actually wanted me to come in sooner. However, as I mentioned before he is about 6 hours away from me and across a mountain pass. I am a pansy when it comes to driving in the snow (don't ask me why I moved to where I did where it snows all winter). the 21st is the first day of our Winter Break at the high school so it works out well to get it then. My ultimate goal would be to lose 10 pounds total while being unbanded. This experience has just gone to show me how incredibly blessed we are to have gotten this tool. Yes we still have to do the work, but when there is something that can make that work a little easier, it makes such a difference. Whenever someone makes a comment about how I make losing weight look easy, I just tell them to let me give them a band and they will see just how NOT easy it is. I don't let ANY one take my credit away from me just because I have the band. Alright off on another tirade. I need to get to bed. 4:45 am comes early!

Salsa - can you read my mind :D this is my thoughts too..

That's the same day I get my fill! I also had one the day before Thanksgiving - kinda forces me to back off the buffet table! Of course the broth on Thanksgiving kinda made me a little cranky - mushies would have been better...Oh well - happy with the losses so far! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Unruhlyhd Ya Mushies would have been better - I most likey would have done super mushie instead of liquids.. I am so bad - but I am not going to feel deprived in any way..

Christmas card exchange would've been fun. We are all too busy to think of these things until it's too late... like Secret Santa, too. We could take Janet's suggestion and do a Summer Secret Santa! I can't imagine making handmade Christmas cards! I'm having enough trouble just writing the addresses! I'm up to the "J's" now!! Think I'll get them in the mail before the end of the week???

I am not doing xmas cards this yr.. I just sent an email one ---

Ok gang - I have been on here for awhile but my phone keeps ringing

so I haven't got to give everyone their props - and haven't said all i was going to say - so I will ck back later.....

xoxox

J

Well I guess when the scale wants to make a statement it is going to make it in a big way. I stepped on it this morning and bam down to 192.5. I know that part of it is because of the low carb, but I don't care, I am still relieved that it started moving again. You guys all said it would (smiling sheepishly) but I started getting that panicked feeling in the pit of my stomach when morning after morning it read the same dang number (or up .5 pounds). I know myself and if I start not seeing results I get tempted to reach for A LOT of food. There are benefits to being young, but one of them is not having a lot of patience!

Well I guess when the scale wants to make a statement it is going to make it in a big way. I stepped on it this morning and bam down to 192.5. I know that part of it is because of the low carb, but I don't care, I am still relieved that it started moving again. You guys all said it would (smiling sheepishly) but I started getting that panicked feeling in the pit of my stomach when morning after morning it read the same dang number (or up .5 pounds). I know myself and if I start not seeing results I get tempted to reach for A LOT of food. There are benefits to being young, but one of them is not having a lot of patience!

Salsa - It's the other way around youth has more patience than us oldies - but that said - now a days the youth want everything right now - were as when I was a kid - we worked towards things and didn't have instant gratification... But guess I do have more patience than I think I do - When I look at my over all weight loss since July - i am very happy 55.5 lbs - I can't beleived i was so fat before... It's funny thing - you know you are fat but don't really see yourself as fat as you are - but then when you lose weight you don't see yourself as thin as you are.

CONGRATS ON 192.5 :clap2::clap2:

I know we have no competition here - but I feel so good at being right behind you with me being 24 yrs older than you.. it's just proof that us oldies can do it too :scared:

Oh back to earlier - I think it was Jackie who wants updated photos

Great idea - my grandson too one 10/27 which i felt very pretty but he never sent to me - so gotta check w/him and wil have him take another one -

i have to great NSV - one - size 8 ring is now on middle finger cuz it's too big for ring finger - two -- i bought a dress for the party i went to on 10/27 - (orderd it online) it fit me like a sausage it was WAY too tight - tried it on last nite - and it almost fits - sit a tad tight - but another 10 lbs and it will fit..

Well, needed a break - gotta get back to work - ck in later

J

Salsa - It's the other way around youth has more patience than us oldies - but that said - now a days the youth want everything right now - were as when I was a kid - we worked towards things and didn't have instant gratification... But guess I do have more patience than I think I do - When I look at my over all weight loss since July - i am very happy 55.5 lbs - I can't beleived i was so fat before... It's funny thing - you know you are fat but don't really see yourself as fat as you are - but then when you lose weight you don't see yourself as thin as you are.

CONGRATS ON 192.5 :clap2::clap2:

I know we have no competition here - but I feel so good at being right behind you with me being 24 yrs older than you.. it's just proof that us oldies can do it too :scared:

Oh back to earlier - I think it was Jackie who wants updated photos

Great idea - my grandson too one 10/27 which i felt very pretty but he never sent to me - so gotta check w/him and wil have him take another one -

i have to great NSV - one - size 8 ring is now on middle finger cuz it's too big for ring finger - two -- i bought a dress for the party i went to on 10/27 - (orderd it online) it fit me like a sausage it was WAY too tight - tried it on last nite - and it almost fits - sit a tad tight - but another 10 lbs and it will fit..

Well, needed a break - gotta get back to work - ck in later

J

Congrads Janet on the NSV. Isnt funny how we lose weight in our fingers, feet, even elbows. My shoes are now to big...

Congrads Janet on the NSV. Isnt funny how we lose weight in our fingers, feet, even elbows. My shoes are now to big...

Thanks distant - Yes before when I lost weight I could get back in to 9 shoes - I was/am a ten (but they say as you age your feet get bigger) - I haven't gotten any new shoes yet - the only ones i notice loose are the ballerina flats - I have on clogs right now and w/xmas socks and they feel fine...

I have gone down a whole shoe size. I used to be a 9W or 10 regular, now I am an 8W or a 9 regular. When I say that nothing in my closet fits, I am including my shoes. I finally had to go get a different pair of black dress shoes because I kept walking right out of mine at school.

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow is the start of our holiday challenge. Here's who I have in the challenge:

Kathy - Level 2

Janet/Indio - Level 2

Linda - Level 2

Nicole - Level 3

Salsa/Karri - Level 3

Ribearty - Level 1

Sunny - Level 2

Mango - Level 2

Jackie - Level 2

Distant - Level 3

Phyl - Level 2

So go ahead and weigh yourself in the morning and PM me your weight. I'll put together the list and then keep the info until the end of the challenge.

Remember, level 1 is to maintain your weight, level 2 is to lose up to 4 lbs and level 3 is to lose 5 or more lbs.

Nice to see everyone is doing well. I keep missing on my exercise challenge... just can't seem to get started!

Christmas dinner tonight here at our RV park. Going to try to upload pictures.

47b7cc35b3127cceb2e0c59f696400000027108AZMW7hi3aNA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2e0d822a87f00000027108AZMW7hi3aNA

Hello ladies,

I want in the holiday challenge. I would like to be a level 3 please. My name is Jessica. I was banded 7/16. Please let me know what I need to do.

Hey Jessica--My band twin! Wow! Level 3! I'll be cheering for you!

Kathy--I PMed you. Thank you again for setting this up and tracking us.

Phyl--What a nice pic! You have changed a lot since summer--you just glow!

My NSV for the week was to be able to button the buttons on my daughter's North Face winter jacket. Now she is a size 6, although the jacket is a L, but none the less, it was a huge NSV for me! I think she wants to give the jacket to me so I can buy her a new one--we'll have to see about that! I kinda think I should get to buy a new one. . .

Got the Christmas tree up. Today I'll clean up the house and maybe put up afew more decorations. Kinda cluttered here, with my son and his wife living downstairs, my daughter home from school and another son coming home next week. I LOVE IT! So fun to have them around and all their friends. Constant people coming and going. I don't even miss dh right now.

OH, my!! I’m wearing JEANS today!! I have this pair… well, capris, really, but on me they come to my ankles!! I bought them several years ago…. I mean, about 3 or 4 years ago. They were 3x but in jeans, I should’ve known they wouldn’t fit. So every time I lost a few pounds I’d try them on… too snug. When we moved from OK last year I got rid of most of my clothes that were too tight, even if they were new and never worn! But those I loved because they have little flowers embroidered on the cuffs and I still had hope….maybe one day!! So I tried them on after a month or so on the pre=op diet…. Still too snug, but I could get them on. Then I tried them on two months post-op…. still too snug, but better. Could’ve gotten away with it, but would’ve been uncomfortable. So I tried them on this morning…. Baggy!! Had to roll down the waist band. I’m mad that I waited too long, but I’ll be able to wear them for a while. DH has decorated my electric scooter and I’m wearing them in the “Golf Cart” Christmas parade this morning!

This morning's weight..... 271.4