Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I normally don't limit my carbs, but right now the scales have totally stalled and I am just trying to buy time to my fill. Once I get my fill back, I will go back to eating normally. In actuallity if the scales don't move until my fill, I will be fine with that, I just don't want them going back up. I was on Atkins for 2 years so I got pretty good at. However, once I went off, I was never as successful going back on. I know this is only a 2 week stint so I will be fine. I wouldn't have done it if my I could have kept my hunger under control, but lately I have been starving. This helps curb my appetite. Well I have a TON o' work to get done before tomorrow. I am teaching two different classes this trimester so it is double the planning time. I don't mind that though because that is actually my favorite part of teaching. It's the grading that kills me!

Hi All- I just found your website and I was banded on July 13th. I've been stuck at 62 pounds for quite a while and wanted a little motivation. Also wanted to know if anyone else hit that stuck point yet. Xmas is hard.... actually it's all hard!

Hi All- I just found your website and I was banded on July 13th. I've been stuck at 62 pounds for quite a while and wanted a little motivation. Also wanted to know if anyone else hit that stuck point yet. Xmas is hard.... actually it's all hard!

I seem to lose in spurts... lose 10 lb in a couple of weeks and then nothing for a month, then another 10 lb. Last month I was down 5 lb. for the whole month. If my scale is correct, I've lost 5 lb. just in this past week. Anxious for TOPS weigh in on Wed. for confirmation of that as I don't quite trust our scale. It generally seems to be weighing about 2 lb. heavy.

I normally don't limit my carbs, but right now the scales have totally stalled and I am just trying to buy time to my fill. Once I get my fill back, I will go back to eating normally. In actuallity if the scales don't move until my fill, I will be fine with that, I just don't want them going back up. I was on Atkins for 2 years so I got pretty good at. However, once I went off, I was never as successful going back on. I know this is only a 2 week stint so I will be fine.This helps curb my appetite.

Salsa - I understand doing a program - then stopping and can get back into the groove - WW was that way with me - we did it at work did great the 1st time then we all lost interest slowly - same thing with Jenny Craig... I know you will win this battle - Us Sisters in Blue (brother in blue like the cops) gotta be a good examples- helps to keep us honesty :) too,, And I am really glad to know that this is just to jump start your system - imho i think we will suceed in our battle of the buldge if we just learn to eat a well balanced food plan...

2Bskinny - Welcome - this is a great site for info and Lucky #7's is the GREATEST... 62 lbs iin 5 months is GREAT that's 12.4 each month:clap2:

( Had my colonoscopy on the 13th :biggrin1: of July. I know TMI :D )

I have been lucky so far as i have continuely lost each week - some weeks only 1/2 lb some 1 or 2 - Your body may be adjusting it's self - My doc did say that we will hit platuea (sp). I am afarid that my will be here soon.

What are you eating - are you logging your food anywhere (fitday - sparks) or keeping a food diary and counting calories? Are you exercising? How is your restriction?? Are you getting enough Protein and drinking your Water.< /strong>

#1 reason to drink water is this is one of the ways that we flush the fat we have burn out of our system ( bet ya'll will start drinking your water now:p)

This is hard, as, we have lost our best freind "food"- it is our drug of choice and it is very hard giving it up. We have to eat to live - I think it's harder for us than an alcholic - just think about an alcholic does limit their booze they quit all together - - but we have to have food to live - we can't just quit eating all together...

We are all are having to deal with emotions that we use to cover up with our food - that emotion could be something as simple as boredom - or as tragic as losing a loved one or being abused. We now have to deal with those feelings and have to find ways to sooth ourselves with out food.

We have to add exercise in to our daily lives which is hard since there aren't always enought hours in the days. We have to put ourselves first - which for some is very hard cuz they have always put others needs before theirs...

But with the help of the band and the support from our friends (these ladies here are your friend - we all have been fat - we all know the feeling that you have we understand - go back to say page 400 and read forward what we talk about and you will understand what i am saying )

Tell us more about you and what you are doing and what you are struggling with and we will help you...

:(

Janet

I seem to lose in spurts... lose 10 lb in a couple of weeks and then nothing for a month, then another 10 lb. Last month I was down 5 lb. for the whole month. If my scale is correct, I've lost 5 lb. just in this past week. Anxious for TOPS weigh in on Wed. for confirmation of that as I don't quite trust our scale. It generally seems to be weighing about 2 lb. heavy.

Phyl - I see the numbers have moved some more :clap2::clap2: It's the water arobic (sp)

Hello my lucky 7'S!! Sorry I have been MIA so much lately. Just been busy with work and life. Our weather here in Iowa has been nuts to past couple of weeks. Every other day we are getting snow or something. We are getting ready for another storm again tomorrow into Wed. I hope it clears before Wed afternoon though because I have my monthly check up with my surgeon. I am really looking forward to this one. My restriction is good but I think it could be just a wee bit tighter so I am asking them for a 'tweek' tomorrow. After January first I have to start working on my annual out of pocket max again but up until then everything is covered at 100%. I figure if he gives just a little tweek that should hold me for a while because I am doing ok right now.

I want to share a recipe with you all. My MIL is a member of weight watchers and she got this recipe and made some of this Soup and had me try it. I ABSOLUTELY love it!!!! I am a VERY big soup eater anyway so this was right up my alley. She calls this the guilt free soup. Very high in Fiber and Protein and LOW in calories. Just what we need. I made a whole pot tonight and froze it down in 1/2 cup servings in my little gladlock containers. Had some for supper and I am FULL. LOL Soup is very filling to me anyway.

Ok here it is

(I used frozen vegetables because I would rather have frozen than canned)

1 can green Beans

1 can corn

1 can Hormel Chili with NO beans

1 can hormel chili with turkey and beans

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can Great Northern Beans or Navy Beans

1 can Vegetarian Vegetable soup

2 sliced white potato (I did not add this because thought I would just cut down a few of the starch and carbs)

1 can pea's

1 can carrots

Boil your potatoes until tender. While potatoes are boiling mix together all other ingredients and heat. When potatoes are finished drain and add to the rest of the mix.

Each cup is 50calories. Very filling and very tastey. I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes because I love tomatoes and they are free.

Hope you enjoy it.

I just gave the speech on the Crazy Ates board that it is okay to have 1 piece of choclate cake as long as you don't have many repeat performances within a setting. It was a great respons about just this... We need to learn NEW eating techniques and not be dieting during this time. Yes it will cause the weight to come off slower, but in the long run it will help us be more successful in the end. We won't get to the end and think "whew" now I can start eating again. This is what most of us have done time and time again. The only reason I am going on Atkins is because it will allow me to maintain my current weight (or maybe lose a pound or 2) AND it helps decrease my appetite, which is back with a vengence. I promise that as soon as I get my fill that I will go back to a balanced meal. I am getting a lot of veggies in right now. salad is filling with few calories!

I just gave the speech on the Crazy Ates board that it is okay to have 1 piece of choclate cake as long as you don't have many repeat performances within a setting. It was a great respons about just this... We need to learn NEW eating techniques and not be dieting during this time. Yes it will cause the weight to come off slower, but in the long run it will help us be more successful in the end. We won't get to the end and think "whew" now I can start eating again. This is what most of us have done time and time again. The only reason I am going on Atkins is because it will allow me to maintain my current weight (or maybe lose a pound or 2) AND it helps decrease my appetite, which is back with a vengence. I promise that as soon as I get my fill that I will go back to a balanced meal. I am getting a lot of veggies in right now. salad is filling with few calories!

If that works for you, that's good, but I have worked hard for all these months to train myself to be satisfied with a few bites. I heard someone refer to it as the "Three Bite Rule". I wouldn't trust myself to eat a whole piece of cake. I agree that we need to allow ourselves an occasional "treat", but for ME... I can't do more than a couple of bites.

I think that is alright too. We obviously know ourselves better than anyone. It is just my opinion that if we completely cut ourselves off from eating foods that "thin" people also eat that we are not changing our lifestyles. Now saying that, I have only had a very small amount of anything that is taboo since being banded. I, like you, can only have a few bites before I would be slip sliding into Cakeville. The lady on the other board was stating that she had a 1 small piece of her birthday cake and "was trying not to beat herself up." I responded that OCCASIONALLY it was alright to have the yummy foods as long as you know where to stop. Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say. What I really wanted to say is that while losing weight we need to learn a different eating style, not just diet, and sometimes that eating style will include a FEW indulgences.

I think that is alright too. We obviously know ourselves better than anyone. It is just my opinion that if we completely cut ourselves off from eating foods that "thin" people also eat that we are not changing our lifestyles. Now saying that, I have only had a very small amount of anything that is taboo since being banded. I, like you, can only have a few bites before I would be slip sliding into Cakeville. The lady on the other board was stating that she had a 1 small piece of her birthday cake and "was trying not to beat herself up." I responded that OCCASIONALLY it was alright to have the yummy foods as long as you know where to stop. Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say. What I really wanted to say is that while losing weight we need to learn a different eating style, not just diet, and sometimes that eating style will include a FEW indulgences.

Absolutely! Had my birthday a couple of weeks ago. We went out to Sunday Champagne Brunch and someone told the waiter it was my birthday. He brought an absolutely decadent piece of chocolate cake... huge, with a candle on top. There were six of us and each had a small slice and it still lasted for two more days. Three of us had another sliver that night. And I had a couple of bites each of the next two days until it was gone! But... that was a big treat for me. So, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I can't eat a whole piece of anything and I'm trying very hard to be satisfied with a couple of bites so I won't be tempted to over indulge.

Exercising today. Ate 1500 cals yest. more than I would have liked but I worked a 12 hour day... agh! Good news, I only had 1/2 brownie at work...

Its a Medical clinic and this time of year all the 'grateful' px bring in goodies for us... OMG

There was abasket of Clementines so I ATE 3 of them only 46 cals each.

Hanging in until my next fil

Salsa - Couldn't have said it any better - this says it all - IMHO i think this is why we have all at one time or another gained our weight back and them some... I truely believe its all about balance and exercise. I will eat a whole small piece of cake for a special occassion (bdays etc) but I won't bake a cake and keep it in the house - I don't have that kind of control ...

Maybe I'm just afraid to eat a whole piece of anything! Afraid of losing control? Test coming on Friday.. our big Christmas dinner here and there will be lots of food on our table... ham, scalloped potatoes, etc. Scarey! I'm giving the lesson at TOPS tomorrow on how to survive the holidays with all the food temptations!

Jackie - Soup sounds good - with the cold weather we are having - I make more soups... Will give this one a try..

Peaches - We have tons of junk in the lunch room form all our insurance companies - harry & david - mrs. fields etc - thankfully i am in another wings of the office so I am not exposed to it - except when I go to the lunch room to eat lunch - but I look at the calories on whatever is there and it say 2 Cookies 190 - I say forget it I don't want it that bad and it seems that its not as tasty as i remember - yesterday had soup for lunch and 1 cracker with the smoked salmon - and a gf mom made homemade cookie - they were outside her desk - I told her i have to walk by 4 times - so please put them where i can't see them - she did :) as i was going to walk the other way back to my desk - and when I looked they weren't there - so I went by her desk and told her thanks.

Homemade will get me before store bought any day.

I am saving myself for when I make xmas cookies w/GDers - I will allow myself 5 or 10 haven't made up my mind yet ;)

Maybe I'm just afraid to eat a whole piece of anything! Afraid of losing control? Test coming on Friday.. our big Christmas dinner here and there will be lots of food on our table... ham, scalloped potatoes, etc. Scarey! I'm giving the lesson at TOPS tomorrow on how to survive the holidays with all the food temptations!

Phyl - You aren't going to lose control - and if you did the band should stop you on regular food not so much the sweets but ham tatoes etc. Giving the lesson - that's great !!!

DH is rushing me to get off the computer. How is the weather on your side of the desert, Janet?? He's taking the coach for an oil change in Thousand Palms so I'm going to be homeless in about 20 minutes until he gets back. So I'm off to the pool in a few minutes and I think it could be a little unpleasant this morning.... chilly and intermittent winds. At least the sun is out. He says it was quite miserable an hour or so ago. I hope he's back by noon time!!

Good job with the Cookies, Janet. I had to do that when we were visiting our friends in Three Rivers. The goodies were all stacked up on one side of the kitchen and even though I knew they were there, they weren't bothering me because I couldn't really see them. Then someone brought a zip lock bag full of homemade cookies and another of brownies and placed them on the china closet.... closer to where I usually sat in the kitchen and where they were clearly visible to me. I kept sneaking a crumb or two out of the bag. After about a day of nibbling away at them, I moved them over to where the rest of the goodies were! It worked. Not only that, but they disappeared quicker when they were with the other stuff. I was the only one paying any attention to them until I moved them.