Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Marcy

I was just watching good morning america - and they were talking about the northern lights - it's so beautiful - can you see them from where you are??

I just read this article and though of us here - Great support system and encourgement is the secret....

People succeed not through will power but through a relationship with a person or group who shows them the way. Not just any relationship will do it has to be an emotional relationship with someone who inspires hope & belief. Who makes you say if she can do it I can too.

You find others who are food eaters just like yourself – When you see your peers making the change in their eating habits & exercise you realize it can be done.

3 Steps

Relating (relationship) Repeating (practicing) Reframing (thinking in a new way)

You look for people who intrigue you and make you say “I’d like to be like her – how does that work for her

Form relationships and learn from them – you can’t argue with a living breathing person in front of you who had done it – Model yourself after them – Act like your life depends on it (it really does cuz the fats going to kill you)

Ok so i have a question for everyone... After my 3rd fill I am finally starting to feel restriction! yay! Its actually very exciting. So my question is... I have noticed most of the time with the first bite... even if i make sure to chew A LOT it hurts when it goes down. I heard someone mention something like first bite syndrom or something... is this common? Let me know if you guys have this also. Thanks!!!!

Ok so i have a question for everyone... After my 3rd fill I am finally starting to feel restriction! yay! Its actually very exciting. So my question is... I have noticed most of the time with the first bite... even if i make sure to chew A LOT it hurts when it goes down. I heard someone mention something like first bite syndrom or something... is this common? Let me know if you guys have this also. Thanks!!!!

Kristin - For me it's can be the 1st or 2nd or 3rd - but yes - it's like taking it's sweet time going down - i can't say it hurts but is a little uncomfortable - I had 1/2 cup eat beatter omlette today - and the first few bites when down slowy - and felt them - it's like your band need to warm up ...

Gee, I wish I would feel something!!!

Janet - I liked what you wrote about finding a friend and encouraging them. That is one reason I log on here at least once a day. I need the re-inforcment that I am doing what I should be doing.

I found a magnet in my envelope of papers yesterday from when I had my surgery at OCC in Tijuana. I thought I would share it with you guys.

Follow the ten guidelines for success

1. Eat only three meals a day

2. Eat slowl and chew thoroughly

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full

4. Do not drink while you are eating

5. Don't eat between meals

6. Eat only good quality foods

7. Avoid fibrous foods

8. Drink enough liquids during the day

9. Drink only low calori liquids

10 Exercise at least 30 minutes a day

I know we all know these things but it doesn't hurt to reiterate them. I've put the magnet right next to the handle on my fridge so I can see it every time I open the fridge.

Good night all.......Tomorrow is another day. Time to get back on track. All the pre-Christmas celebrations are over for now. NOW GET OUT AND START LOSING, KARI!!!!!!!!! Remember, your goal is Cancun.

Janet, You are "That Person" for me! Thanks for sharring! Temps in the 60''s sound good to me. My dh and I are having our annual fight. I want to keep a window in our bathroom craked open just a little bit when it's above 0 to keep the bedroom cooler and have some fresh air during the night. He, on the other hand, says that it messes the heating system in the whole house (4000+ sq feet including the finished basement) even though we keep the door closed all the time. i

I guess I'm a little different. I don't notice restriction with the first bite. But all of a sudden I notice it when I've had too much. It varries so much, and comes on without warning. If I take one bite too many. . .well, you know what happens.

Morning everyone! Today we start yet another week... Only 14 days until Christmas! (i actually LOVE Christmas, its my favorite time of the year) Today I think im going to do a little bit more shopping and some wrapping... So... How are everyones scars doing? Does anyone have any suggestions for good scar treatments? My dr. said mine are doing well, but i have fair skin and they seem to stand out SO MUCH when its cold. haha Ok off to work!!!

Gee, I wish I would feel something!!!

Janet - I liked what you wrote about finding a friend and encouraging them. That is one reason I log on here at least once a day. I need the re-inforcment that I am doing what I should be doing.

Yes - I think that what we all provide to each other - the helping hand...

Try building a gingerbread house without eating candy! Don't we just LOVE Christmas?? =)

Ya - I haven't done the xmas cookie or tamales yet - was just looking at the calendar and thinking when did DIL tell me she was off - I think it's the 22nd so that's when we will be cooking - I will allow myself treats but I will exercise to make up for the treats..

Janet, You are "That Person" for me! Thanks for sharring! Temps in the 60''s sound good to me. My dh and I are having our annual fight. I want to keep a window in our bathroom craked open just a little bit when it's above 0 to keep the bedroom cooler and have some fresh air during the night. He, on the other hand, says that it messes the heating system in the whole house (4000+ sq feet including the finished basement) even though we keep the door closed all the time. I guess I'm a little different. I don't notice restriction with the first bite. But all of a sudden I notice it when I've had too much. It varries so much, and comes on without warning. If I take one bite too many. . .well, you know what happens.

Thank you Linda !!!:)- Sometimes I think I come off to ridged and truely give tough LOVE in my heart - I know the struggles that we all have with our trigger foods and right now is a very different time for us - cuz in the past we would have PIGGED OUT on all the junk - but do you really miss it - when i do have a treat - it's not really as good as i remember plus then I worry about the scales not moving on my weigh in day - I have been so very lucky that even if its only 1/2 lbs the scales have kept moving downwards - this band does help so much... Last nite had munchies - had some pig skins 8= 80 calorie - I had about 4 or 5 and was full - so where before I could eat half the bag if not the whole bag

I had just enought - GREAT NSV for me - the last couple of nites have only gotten up and drank some juice (lite).

Sometimes for me the first few bites go down easy then like you Linda - It will hit me - even with the pig skins last nite had just a tad of slime (tmi)

Well, it's Monday morning another week of work - I have a dentist appt on Wed :D - I love my dentist - but ..... I am afarid i am going to have to have a tooth pulled - it's already had a root canal and I think it's loose - but will put off til next yr cuz I just did flex spending account for next yr to help cover the cost- I expect when all is said and done even with insurance - tooth pulled - new bridge i will be out over $1000 :)

Well Ladies - Have a good day - MAKE GOOD food CHOICES & GET YOUR EXERCISE IN... I will check in later - if I can - depends on my el-groovo boss...:D

Hello Everyone,

We went camping this weekend.

Phyl - 50lbs, Fantastic!!!!!

Indio - I am also 5'3 and 1/2" and say I'm 5'4", or I am the perfect weight for 6'2"

I have very good restriction now. I tried chicken twice. I can't keep it down.

Exercised this weekend while camping, rode my bike for about 1 hour. It was the first time DH and I have ever been camping alone. The kids don't want to come anymore.

I am not going to handle an empty nest well.

Hello Everyone,

We went camping this weekend.

Phyl - 50lbs, Fantastic!!!!!

Indio - I am also 5'3 and 1/2" and say I'm 5'4", or I am the perfect weight for 6'2" I have very good restriction now. I tried chicken twice. I can't keep it down. Exercised this weekend while camping, rode my bike for about 1 hour. It was the first time DH and I have ever been camping alone. The kids don't want to come anymore. I am not going to handle an empty nest well.

Mango - Yep we are just to short for our weight :)

You will enjoy being having an empty nest - at first it's a little hard - but then you get use to it and then they will want to come home:eek: - no more quickies in the living room :)

I always knew that if I could have been just a little taller, that I would have been the perfect weight. I kept asking for 4 inches every year, but Santa got confused and gave them to me in width instead of height!

Well I have been on my Atkins phase for 24 hours now, and I remember how much I actually like it. I had to cut out my Protein Bar for the next 2 weeks until I get my fill, but that is fine because I just replace it with low cal string cheese. Cheese is my FAVORITE food in the entire world, so it doesn't bug me much. The only HUGE difference between Atkins before and Atkins now is that I am eating low fat and low cal and not doing the Taliban version of it. For those of you who need explanation, the Taliban version of Atkins consists of less than 10 grams of carbs per day, including sugar alcohols so I pretty much eat meat. Now I have relaxed that a little and allow 20 grams of carbs. Still not much, but it allows me to get in some vegetables. I also talked to our nutrition teacher at the high school and she suggested that I go to 1200 calories and eat like this Breakfast, snack, lunch, SNACK, dinner, SNACK. Well I know me and if I eat a snack after dinner, the flood gates will open so I am not going to follow her advice on that one.

Well I have to get back to working on school stuff. the new trimester started today, so LOTS O' PAPERWORK!

Marcy

I was just watching good morning america - and they were talking about the northern lights - it's so beautiful - can you see them from where you are??

Yes, we see the Northern Lights here (aka Aurora). There's a whole study post in Fairbanks where I lived for over 20 years. They still fascinate me and I'll pull over when driving if they're out just to watch for a bit...they DO "dance". I've never seen red ones, but I've seen white, green, blue, and a little pinkish (red is rare). I had a friend who's job it was to take tourists out on snowmobiles so they could get a look at them...he knew where to find them EVERY night! Apparently, it's good luck to conceive under the northern lights (Asian thing). In Alaska there are A LOT of Asian tourists in the winter! Haha!:(

Well I have been on my Atkins phase for 24 hours now, and I remember how much I actually like it.I also talked to our nutrition teacher at the high school and she suggested that I go to 1200 calories and eat like this BREAKFAST, snack, lunch, SNACK, dinner, SNACK. Well I know me and if I eat a snack after dinner, the flood gates will open so I am not going to follow her advice on that one.

Well I have to get back to working on school stuff. the new trimester started today, so LOTS O' PAPERWORK!

Salsa - you are doing great on your weight loss and you were banded after me... I have to have a little carb - 1/2 c rice with dinner and had 1/2 red potatoe in my caldo res today.. If you don't want to eat snack at night don't - I don't eat Snacks during the day - cuz I HAVE TO HAVE food TO EAT AT NIGHT !!!

Yes, we see the Northern Lights here (aka Aurora). There's a whole study post in Fairbanks where I lived for over 20 years. They still fascinate me and I'll pull over when driving if they're out just to watch for a bit...they DO "dance". I've never seen red ones, but I've seen white, green, blue, and a little pinkish (red is rare). I had a friend who's job it was to take tourists out on snowmobiles so they could get a look at them...he knew where to find them EVERY night! Apparently, it's good luck to conceive under the northern lights (Asian thing). In Alaska there are A LOT of Asian tourists in the winter! Haha!:(

Thanks - just watching them on TV is beautiful...