Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Okay... so here is my question for today. After getting stuck or having a pb'ing episode are you guys swollen for a couple days? I had a horrible uncooked brocolli vs. the Band experience, at work too!!!! Luckily it didnt last to long. It was my own fault for not chewing well enough. I had wonton Soup last night and didnt even think anything about the earlier experience but today I have had so much trouble with anything! Just painfull feeling no actual pb'ing or anything. Sooo... im having some sugar free hot chocolate made with milk for some Protein. This is a first for me, so I just wanted to make sure it was normal. LoL

It's so good to see everyones pictures and to hear about all your NSV's! Congrats everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday cheer!

Okay... so here is my question for today. After getting stuck or having a pb'ing episode are you guys swollen for a couple days? I had a horrible uncooked brocolli vs. the Band experience, at work too!!!! Luckily it didnt last to long. It was my own fault for not chewing well enough. I had wonton Soup last night and didnt even think anything about the earlier experience but today I have had so much trouble with anything! Just painfull feeling no actual pb'ing or anything. Sooo... im having some sugar free hot chocolate made with milk for some Protein. This is a first for me, so I just wanted to make sure it was normal. LoL

It's so good to see everyones pictures and to hear about all your NSV's! Congrats everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday cheer!

I have pb'd a couple of times but it only bothered me for an hour or so after that i could eat - just had to slow down (i eat too fast) and chew better - I have read that you should go on liquids for a few days after something like that - you can be inflamed... If it doesn't go away in a day or 2 call your doc..

Congrats Phyll. Your pictures looked amazing. So I have decided that I am going to post my 4 month pics now.

Congrats!!! You are looking great! :clap2:

Wow!!! Everyone is doing so great! What a great x-mas this will be!!!

Well, I am embarassed to admit I haven't been posting much because my will power is fading quickly during these 'eating' times. Boy, I have been indulging in Cookies and other goodies every day, even after I promised myself no sugar during weekdays. Oh, boy, can't wait for this season to be over. I haven't gained weight but haven't lost it either.

So I will make it my New Year's resolution to lose another 10 lbs. and then keep it off during the rest of the year. I need to work on my head. I am terrified of going back to my old ways. I can't let that happen, I won't.

oh my, its been so long that i've been on ehre that i look at the bottom to see who was on and i didn;t recognise any of the names. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

i am so sorry for not being on more often and i'd be lying if i were to tell you i was reading the post cos i'm not because i just been to busy. i'm up to my eyes in work, annafrancesca, sorting aut xmas gifts (i do mine my mothers brothers and aunties shopping ) MADNESS!!!

enough with the excuses how is everyone doing? before i forget i want to give out my email address as i'd love for you guys to email me as you know i never go on LBT in work as noone knows i've been banded

DENISAMOLLE@YAHOO.CO.UK

so how are you all? looking forward to XMAS. just think of all that food that we WONT be eating ha ha ha.

ok so let me give you in update on me. of to everyone that dont know me i'm Dini from ireland. nice to meet you.

i'm down 60lbs believe it nor not. feeling pretty good about myslef. wearing lots of skirts and high boots and of course my uggs got to love em. i'm 10 lbs to my final target but i thing i might lower my target just a little more maybe 125 instead of 130 we'll see.

i;ve found my true friends are happy for me but there are plenty of girls that are well jealous. i'm not worried about them but they should be worried about me cos i just might have there boyfriend out of spite (i'm only joking) i've got a partner Adam and things are going well we had a bit of a bad patch but we trying.

oh i was in new york and had one of the worst holidays of my life. i was so looking forward to it but it was the biggest let down even. dont wanna talk about it.

wouldn;t you know just as i'm on line Annafrancesca would wake up!!! that child has me worn out its like 3am for christ sakes. i'm gong to have to get her so i'll talk to you guys later. i'll defo be back soon prib in the morning my time so i wanna hear from you all

lots of love

dini xxxx

of P.S check out my web site

Denisa Molle <DiniBams>

check out the new pics of me. it will be the pics with NEW flashing.

night xxxxx

Hi Everyone,

I didn't have time to read all the posts. I'll go back tomorrow at school and do it. I'm cooking and wrapping Christmas gifts. I browsed through the pictures. OMG ya'll look fantastic. Gotta go wrap up pralines, be back tomorrow.

Yeah, I thought we'd hear from Dini after her trip to NYC. Many of those who were so active here back in the summertime are now among the missing most of the time! I'm assuming no one is really interested in the cruise idea anymore? I think I'm still going to keep watching for a good deal on an Alaska cruise for next fall. DH and I have gone twice, but I found a little different itinerary.. and he loves the Alaska cruises! Especially when we can find one out of Seattle.. no airplane trip! It's such a hassle to fly these days.

Phyl - Now, as I've said before, paying for an Alaskan cruise is pretty asinine for me...but, I'll be in Ketchikan the end of July/early August and can arrange a NICE excursion for a group if a cruise was set up for that time...just something to think about. (I've got connections there!);)

ssanka - I've also heard that if you get unfilled, or de-banded, that you'll just gain the weight right back, but I have a friend who was banded in 2002, lost a TON of weight, got a total unfill then continued to lose weight and has been able to maintain that for over a year! Pretty incredible, but at least the band is there ... just in case.

Indio - I like the gift exchange idea!:biggrin1:

Kathy - NSV = Non-Scale Victory (not, a stupid moment, I still haven't figured out what imho means....I guess I just don't "chat" enough!)

Something I've noticed...we've been told not to drink liquids while eating - because it'll make the food mushy and, therefore slide down easier and then you can just re-fill the pouch. Well, I have learned that I CANNOT drink while eating...I get stuck EVERY time and have to go PB it out...nnnniiiiiicccceee!:nervous

I've been reading my daily messages with the previous day's posts, but haven't had an opportunity to actually get on the site and write.

Christmas is suckin' for me...a little anyway. I make fudge as my "gift" to others...what was I thinking? That goes down easy - and it is currently sitting right in front of me!!! AAAAHHHHH!!! I need to package it and give it out or else I'm just going to die! A slow, painful, sinful, gluttonous death!

I'm in need of a fill, but something wonderful happened with food the other day. We had a "progressive dinner" (don't know how "progressive" it was since it only entailed two homes, but it IS Nome and it's freakin' cold right now - and I'm used to colder, don't know what's wrong with me). The main dish was Prime Rib...I was so disappointed because I've had such an issue with meat so I made sure I "stocked up" on some shrimp at the previous house. Well, I decided that I'd try a very SMALL amount of meat and...what'dya know...I was able to eat it and not PBing! Must've been cooked just perfect! It was so yummy and I've saved enough to make it for two meals for the past two days..I'm good at eating left-overs...and it IS Protein so not too bad...now if I can just get the fudge out of the house!

I was able to lose a couple pounds right after the cruise (3 weeks ago), but now, I'm stable...not losing a thing...kinda sucks. I'm trying to stay active, but it's hard when you don't want to go outside. I've done my share of shoveling though and that makes me feel good. I'm in a slump, but I'm planning a trip into Anchorage in Jan/Feb for another fill and I'm going to try to start being on the losing end of the game again. Still, I've managed to lose on average 4lbs. a month since I started this journey and that's better than I was doing. Good luck my Lucky 7 folks! It's been a good year for us all!:whoo:

Kristin - I, too, have had an issue with a bad PB and some (for lack of a better definition) "swelling"...I've found that I need to just have a liquid Breakfast and lunch sometimes, which is fine with me...means my band is working (and, boy to I like to test it!). I'm suckin' with head-hunger right now!

IMHO - In my humble opinion....... since i am the one who uses it the most - to preface things not to piss people off..

Hey Dini - glad you are alive and you didn't get mugged in NYC - we want to know what went wrong?? Sorry you didn't have a good time.

CeCe - Sorry to here about your battle with the cookie xmas montser

I am lucky the lunch roon is in another wing of my building and i don't go over there execpt to eat lunch - i look at the stuff in there and look at the calories and say - oh no too many calories for 1 piece of candy or cookie.. BUT next weekend making I'm making xmas Cookies & tamales - I think i am going to allow myself 10 cookies (in the past it would have been 30 if not more over the whole weekend) - and tamales not to worried about cuz after about 4 i am done.. So my other back up will be going to the gym - I have a plan - we will see how well it works out ;)

Mango - yes wrap up the praline - I can just about taste them - I am having terrible head hunger tonite....

We've missed you, Dini!! Glad you had time to stop by and fill us in a bit! Do tell us why NYC was so disappointing for you. So sorry to hear that. I know how you were looking forward to it!!

Dini--great to hear from you, girl! Let me echo the others: What happened in NYC?!

Janet--I want a full report on every cookie and tamale you eat. I'm counting.

CeCe--I'm glad you're still checking in too!

Marcy--MMM, Prime rib! 4 pounds a week is great!!! So how much sunlight to you actually get these days?

I am struggling too. I know its time for a fill but I have to wait till after the 1st for my flex spending. I got into the Baileys over the weekend--not a good idea! Then yesterday I got really angry at my bil (a morbid combination of ignorance, arogrance, OCD. and who knows what else--very long story) and the way the family (including dh) enables him and started eating some of the junk that's around here with all the kids home. So today I've got to take control. I've been sooo close to onederland for two weeks now--this week I am going to make it!

Congrats Phyll. Your pictures looked amazing. So I have decided that I am going to post my 4 month pics now.

WOW Karrie, what a difference...Your doing great!!!

WOW, I havent been on since Friday but looks like its been busy around here. I am simply amazed at all of your progress pics...It blows my mind that a lil band can make such a HUGE difference. Everyone is doing so good, and we have only been doing this for less then 6 months. I have already lost more weight the past 5 months then I ever have in my life...I know I am needing my fill tho, I have to admit its been nice to actually get to eat stuff that I wasnt able to when I was real tight, but I know what I need to do...And I will be doing it on Jan 7th. Hope everyone is ready for Christmas, I have yet to find a Nintendo WII. :angry

I havent even mailed out my Christmas cards. For some reason this year Im just not feeling it....

Everyone have a great day!!

Happy Monday Gang....

How is everyone this morning?? Good I hope...

Today is my 5 month anniversary - 56.5 pounds lighter ;)

Here is my NSV for the day

I am not going to be able to go to the gym tonite (have to go see a gf who's Dad passed) - so guess what I did

I set the alarm for 4:15 A.M. - got up had my coffee - dressed and was at the gym at 5:05 A.M. - Did 2 miles - came home showered and was at work by 7:30...

For me exercise is key and last week had so much going on - I didn't get to go except for Monday & Saturday...

Well, gotta go order my Earth Wind & Fire concert tickets for 1/12 and then get to work - Will ck in later... Have a good day and make good choices..

P.S. Linda - i will fess up on all the cookie & tamales that i eat ;)!!!!

I am human too - I do have treats ;) - I figure that so far i have been so good and not eating any junk here at work that I will allow myself some treats next weekend :biggrin1:

Distant - good luck on finding the Wii, but I hope you do...it is a blast. My BF and I played it a lot this weekend. I bought mine this summer when there wasn't a big rush. I have heard that nintendo is shipping a bunch more this week, so maybe you will luck out.

Well my BF and I made a decision this weekend to leave our current residence at the end of this school year. You have all heard me complaining about my job and I have decided to leave teaching at the end of this school year. We are going to be moving to Bellingham, WA because my BF can get a transfer there. So I will actually only be living an hour away from Phyl! I have no idea what I will do once I get there, but I will figure something out. I am most likely going to work for my BF company (t-mobile) until I can figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I am looking at different college programs, but I want to find one that I can stick with for the next several years as I already have 2 degrees (BS Chemistry and MA Teaching) and don't just want a useless collection of expensive pieces of paper! I would love to use my chemistry degree but because I don't have an advanced degree in it, I would make more working customer service at t-mobile. Well I guess I had better get back to my class. 4 days until Christmas Break. I can make it, i can make it.