Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Everyone. I've been so busy at work & home that I haven't been on since last week. I miss everyone. Even when I was on, I was more stalker than anything... just trying to see how everyone's doing.

I'm doing ok. No major weight lost, just a bit... but I'm learning new ways to eat. My portions are around 1 cup, and for the most part I'm eating healthy food, but have found I can eat a few Cookies when stressed. I was supposed to have my 2nd fill last week, but since I'm going away this next week to Palm Springs, I didn't want to get my fill until I get back.

Indio... I think I'll be in your neck of the woods! I understand it's hot!!

My DH and I fly out on Sat. morning. I've been running around trying to organize everything for my friend and niece who will be sharing the childcare. This will be the longest we've ever been away from our kids. I've been away myself, but not the two of us together... OMG are we nervouse!!!!! I guess that's normal, but they are such unique kids, and no one knows their issues, routines, likes & dislikes as we do. Plus, we will be in a timezone 3 hours earlier... so will be difficult to call at the right times.

My biggest worry is that they remember to give my son his medication at the right times. I could always wake up at 4:30 a.m. each day to call and remind them to give it to him (7:30 a.m. our time)... but I really do like my sleep!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats Lynette on Onederland!!!! I saw that in Chimboree`s post!

Chris, sorry for your loss. My father-in-law passed away earlier in the year, and it was a difficult time for all of us. My sympathies to you and your family.

Chimboree, Lynette, Sunny, Aunt Phil, Dini, Anna, Indio, Jeanie and everyone... I miss you guys. I won`t be back online until around Oct. 13th, so good luck and talk to you then!!!

Hi Everyone. I've been so busy at work & home that I haven't been on since last week. I miss everyone. Even when I was on, I was more stalker than anything... just trying to see how everyone's doing.

I'm doing ok. No major weight lost, just a bit... but I'm learning new ways to eat. My portions are around 1 cup, and for the most part I'm eating healthy food, but have found I can eat a few Cookies when stressed. I was supposed to have my 2nd fill last week, but since I'm going away this next week to Palm Springs, I didn't want to get my fill until I get back.

My DH and I fly out on Sat. morning. I've been running around trying to organize everything for my friend and niece who will be sharing the childcare. This will be the longest we've ever been away from our kids. I've been away myself, but not the two of us together... OMG are we nervouse!!!!! I guess that's normal, but they are such unique kids, and no one knows their issues, routines, likes & dislikes as we do. Plus, we will be in a timezone 3 hours earlier... so will be difficult to call at the right times.

My biggest worry is that they remember to give my son his medication at the right times. I could always wake up at 4:30 a.m. each day to call and remind them to give it to him (7:30 a.m. our time)... but I really do like my sleep!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats Lynette on Onederland!!!! I saw that in Chimboree`s post!

Chris, sorry for your loss. My father-in-law passed away earlier in the year, and it was a difficult time for all of us. My sympathies to you and your family.

Chimboree, Lynette, Sunny, Aunt Phil, Dini, Anna, Indio, Jeanie and everyone... I miss you guys. I won`t be back online until around Oct. 13th, so good luck and talk to you then!!!

Have a great time in PS & don't worry about the kids! They'll be fine! Enjoy yourselves. PS is wonderful. I LOVE it!! I can't wait to get back down there. We head that way in our RV in about a month.

I can eat a few Cookies when stressed. I was supposed to have my 2nd fill last week, but since I'm going away this next week to Palm Springs, I didn't want to get my fill until I get back.

Kathy

Yep you will be a couple of Cities away from me.. It's not hot for us it's cooling down - We are getting the weather everyone one comes to town for.

Weather out look - KESQ.com – Palm Springs, Coachella Valley - Weather, News, Sports: Home Link to our local news

Sat 82 - Sunday 88 - Monday 93 - Tue 94 - Wed 97 - evenings in the mid to low 60 (sweater weather for us)

Since I don't live there can't give you any great restaurant to eat in - but you gotta have some real mexican food while you are here.

La Casuelas is pretty good - sort of white mex .

Hope you have a great time !!!!

Hi Kathy, and everyone:

Just a quick note before work... weird eh how we are all getting BUSY with our lives once again.

The newness of the band is wearing off, a few of us have had our 'top ups' and are ready to hit the weightloss world.

I don't know about everyone els, but I've been messing around with my Band a wee bit. Eating BAD calouries... I've had a major chocolate attack and succumbed to the monster. I've learned that while Icecream does not feel good after about 1/2 cup, I've learned that I can eat a whole bag of M & M's!!! Not a good thing at all.

I don't know why I test this thing! I could only eat 1 slice of pizza so I was happy with that!!! the band STOPPED me!!!!

I had to cut into TINY peices and eat very slowly...

Today, I have resolved to mark down all my foods going in HONESTLY and I am back to the Protein shakes ....

Tiny steps...

Hi Kathy, and everyone:

Just a quick note before work... weird eh how we are all getting BUSY with our lives once again.

The newness of the band is wearing off, a few of us have had our 'top ups' and are ready to hit the weightloss world.

I don't know about everyone els, but I've been messing around with my Band a wee bit. Eating BAD calouries... I've had a major chocolate attack and succumbed to the monster. I've learned that while Icecream does not feel good after about 1/2 cup, I've learned that I can eat a whole bag of M & M's!!! Not a good thing at all.

I don't know why I test this thing! I could only eat 1 slice of pizza so I was happy with that!!! the band STOPPED me!!!!

I had to cut into TINY peices and eat very slowly...

Today, I have resolved to mark down all my foods going in HONESTLY and I am back to the Protein shakes ....

Tiny steps...

You know, you're not the only one. I have been testing my band, too. You know how we're not s'posed to have carbonated drinks??? Well, I wanted to see why. Everyone says it hurts, so I wanted to see. Well, it didn't hurt. Now, I didn't like the soda, b/c I don't care for the taste anymore, but I didn't have any pain or anything.

Just remember...e'thing in moderation. At least you've recognized where you've gone astray. It's okay. We can just reign ourselves back in and it's all good!!!

Ruby,

I just got my second fill on Saturday 9/29... I could hardly swallow my spit as well. I am having a really tough time this week. I have been drinking Water, but only getting about 16 oz a day, because of a full felling everytime I drink. I have been having Soup this week, I tried a hard boiled egg this morning and it stayed down. I was thinking maybe I got overfilled too, but I don't know. Is this what we are suppose to feel like after the second fill?

Hello all.....hope everyone is having a great day!!

Princess: I just got my second fill as well and there is still little to NO restriction!! I'm so disappointed.....I believe there is only one new feeling with this fill and that is I stay full longer and don't eat as much, but I can still guzzle Water and eat what I want.....I didn't want to do that again....it's really stalled my weightloss......My nurse said that a fill should always allow liquids down with no problems at all....so you might want to check that out!!

Cherea - you were brave to try the diet soda.....since I haven't had one in months, I guess I will remain off of it, even if I could drink them, just because I think I suffered from a lot of headache issues at the time I did drink the soda....thanks for being a guinea pig though and trying it out.

Celeste

You know, you're not the only one. I have been testing my band, too. You know how we're not s'posed to have carbonated drinks??? Well, I wanted to see why. Everyone says it hurts, so I wanted to see. Well, it didn't hurt. Now, I didn't like the soda, b/c I don't care for the taste anymore, but I didn't have any pain or anything.

Just remember...e'thing in moderation. At least you've recognized where you've gone astray. It's okay. We can just reign ourselves back in and it's all good!!!

Uh-oh!! you're tempting me to try my Diet Coke again!!

:phanvan

Ruby,

I just got my second fill on Saturday 9/29... I could hardly swallow my spit as well. I am having a really tough time this week. I have been drinking Water, but only getting about 16 oz a day, because of a full felling everytime I drink. I have been having Soup this week, I tried a hard boiled egg this morning and it stayed down. I was thinking maybe I got overfilled too, but I don't know. Is this what we are suppose to feel like after the second fill?

I'm not sure if it's meant to be this restrictive but have decided to give it a little while to settle down. I have to sip slowly. I try to get all my Water down, but don't succeed all the time. Mostly I'm sticking to soup with small, small portions of food here and there. I ate really tiny bit of salmon last night (would probably be no more than 2 tablespoons worth).

I've been tempted to go back for a small unfill, but the weight loss so far this week has been really good for me. 8lbs in 6 days. I can't argue with that. I'm not feeling hungry. I'm not feeling weak. I'm taking my Vitamins daily and getting my Protein requirement through my shakes.

While it's probably not the best to be this restricted, I also know that I'm a dirty filthy cheat and will do so if given half the chance. I can't be trusted. :embarassed: This isn't giving me the chance to cheat so I'm going to ride that gravy train (pun intended) while I can so long as it's not detrimental to my health.

Uh-oh!! you're tempting me to try my Diet Coke again!!

:phanvan

DON'T DO IT ..... ^_^ Especially if you are a big coke drinker...

I am/was not a big soda drinker - I might have 1 soda a month if that.

But I was wanting a Diet Dr Pepper - so I poured it into a glass and let it get a little flat and took small sip - it didn't hurt but was a tad uncomfortable - I would normally take big drinks.. Maybe had 2 sips and that was it.. and then tried a week later and since i can't take big swallows it's just not as appealing as it was.

Now ya wanta talk about beer - as i reported last week i had 2 bud lites while i bowled - didn't hurt at all - one sip i would feel full - liked that feeling it was almost like i had eaten.. They went down just fine...

I think it is normal for us to test our bands - My doc said not to drink soda cuz it depletes your Calcium - and that was the only reason

I've been tempted a couple of times to have a beer. My hubby says he misses his drinking partner. Not that we drink a lot, perhaps a beer every couple of weeks or so. Maybe next time I'll have a couple of sips when it's not quite so bubbly. The thought of putting all those bubbles inside me is enough to put me off. I was never a big soda drinker anyway, so I don't miss it at all. But the occasional beer and/or margarita would be nice. :)

Ruby and Princess--I was overfilled with my first fill over a month ago, but gradually, I think it's beginning to loosen up. There are still some days when I can't eat as much as others, and never more than 1/2 to 3/4 Cup at a time. Like you said, the weight loss is good, but you do pay for it. As long as you are able to keep some solids down, and can drink your Protein shakes and Water, I'd say to hang in there. You can always call your doc if you are having problems.

Phyl--I hear you about the Diet Cokes! Haven't had one since July 15th, and I was a major Coke drinker. I'm afraid to even try it b/c it would be the beginning of the end for me!

Indigo--As beautiful as fall is in Wisconsin, I know it is the beginning of a long, dark, cold, damp, slushy winter that won't end until May. 80's and dry sounds like heaven to me! Enjoy!!!

So, tomorrow I weigh in. I hope it's better than last week. . . It sure is hard not to check the scales every day!

DON'T DO IT ..... :) Especially if you are a big coke drinker...

I am/was not a big soda drinker - I might have 1 soda a month if that.

But I was wanting a Diet Dr Pepper - so I poured it into a glass and let it get a little flat and took small sip - it didn't hurt but was a tad uncomfortable - I would normally take big drinks.. Maybe had 2 sips and that was it.. and then tried a week later and since i can't take big swallows it's just not as appealing as it was.

Now ya wanta talk about beer - as i reported last week i had 2 bud lites while i bowled - didn't hurt at all - one sip i would feel full - liked that feeling it was almost like i had eaten.. They went down just fine...

I think it is normal for us to test our bands - My doc said not to drink soda cuz it depletes your Calcium - and that was the only reason

Okay, food Cop!! No Diet Coke!! I did enjoy a couple of Cosmopolitans last week in Buffalo. I only intended to have one! But then my brother-in-law ran in to a friend from work who "insisted" on buying us another round so how could I refuse!! Anyway, it helped to keep me from punching out my Uncle Ed! He is so obnoxious & I have to put up with him because he LIVES with my mother!! He's my Dad's younger brother. He & my mother "fell in love" after my Dad died and now we're stuck with Uncle Ed!! He gets really rude to my DH quite often and he did it again last week for no reason so I was not feeling very gracious towards him. The Cosmopolitans helped smooth our last evening together!! I promise...NO MORE! My DH lets me have about 2-3 oz of wine each afternoon... although I didn't get any today!! boo hoo

Hi everyone!

Ruby and Chim....thanks for the everlasting encouragement. I do appreciate it. I'm gonna skip to my walking record early just to let u know that ur kind words are working.

Walking record

30 to 40 minutes everyday for the last few days. Yesterday I found a park about a 5 minute drive from my house that is beautiful. It has an excercise trail with a pond, bridge, ducks, etc. During that 40 minute walk I covered 1.5 miles. YEAH BABY!!!

The other 2 days of walking took me around my neighborhood.

In terms of eating and drinking.....

I'm still feeling restriction in the morning but thats really it. For the rest of the time, I'm using mostly my own will power to keep me from going overboard. I AM able to stay full longer than before the band, but I'm eating 1 to 1.5 cup meals of mostly meat to keep myself from feeling hungry. I have an appointment scheduled for the week for the 15th to see my doctor so I'm going to wait it out and see what happens.

Now listen ya'll.....Please don't become a bad influence on me. I've avoided the soda temptation time and time again and I will not allow you guys to suck me back into the soda drinking realm. Ya'll are the same folks who told me back when I was testing my band to be careful because I don't want to end up ripping out the stitches that are holding my band in place or stretching out my pouch. I listened to you when u advised me so now, c'mon. Pour the soda down the sink or use it to strip the paint off your ex-boyfriend's new car. Just don't drink it.

Enjoy ur weekend everyone!!

PS

Here's a good drink ya'll can try. Its called Fuze. It tastes pretty good and is supposed to be good for weightloss.

You'd be surprised how bad soda tastes once you don't drink it. I had to give up colas a long time ago and every once in a while I would get one and it tasted bad. I couldn't even drink more than a quarter of it. My doctor says no carbonated drinks because since the band is in place you can't burp the way you used to and if you get gas build up it can be quite uncomfortable until it goes away. My doctor does not let you drink from a straw for the same reason.