Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi guys!

I think I feel restriction and then I lose it 1/2 way thru the day. Does that sound weird to anyone? Just wondering.

Not at all. I am always very tight in the morning (great feeling) and get hungrier as the day goes by. When dinner rolls around I feel I could go to an all-u-can-eat buffett and pig out. Of course I don't, and couldn't, but sure feels like it. I think that's pretty normal actually. Well, I hope so anyways!:waytogo:

Got my 2nd fill today. He decided to give me 1 cc this time. Since I'm doing so well, he thinks we're close to the sweet spot, so he doesn't want to see me for two more months.

Congrats on your 2nd fill. I had my 3rd today. Hoping I am at the 'sweet spot.'

It's funny, but I was the opposite, didn't feel any restriction after the first fill at first, but did the last two weeks. Asked Dr and he said that was unusual, usually it loosens, not tightens.

Hi guys!

I was told (soooo different than some I have seen on here) by the doctor that a fill does not get tighter after 2 weeks. She told me that stres and other factors in life can make it tighten up a little but that the effects of the fill should be felt right away. She told me this because I was actually afraid to let them do a 3rd fill today because I have had one 1 time a week for this is the 3rd week in a row. I was really worried that last weeks fill would tighten up next week. LOL

I think I feel restriction and then I lose it 1/2 way thru the day. Does that sound weird to anyone? Just wondering.

Your band is tighter in the am than at night so it just makes sense that as the day goes on your band loosens up and you feel less restriction.

Well I had my 3rd fill today. As you may or may not have read in my reply up a little ways that I was really worried about getting this 3rd fill. She added .8cc so I am at a total of 7.8cc in my 10cc band. I have really good restriction now. She told me I was doing great on the lose and that I don't have to come back for 4 weeks unless I need a fill or have problems. I asked if this is normal to have so many fills and she told me that not only do we have fat on the outside but also on the iside and as we lose the fat inside around our stomach our bands loosen up and that is why we need adjustments. This we all knew. LOL I was just really nervous about the fill because I was so afraid of tightening up too much in a week but she told me that I should be fine but if there are any problems just to give them a call. I feel really good though. I did tell her aunt flo was coming next week and she did say that my band may tighten up some during that time and as long as I am able to get my liquids down during that time if not food I will be ok but she doesn't see that being a problem. We will see though as I usually swell up and really retain Fluid during her visit. UUUGGGGHHHH. I am hoping this one has done the trick for a while. The docs PA told me they just don't want me to feel hungry. She said I will have hunger but it should never be like it was pre banding and that is what they are trying to help get rid of with the fills.

I too am upset with the scales. They seem to be stuck for this past week and I am doing all my exercising and counting. Don't fret ladies, we will be moving along soon again. :waytogo:

Everyone that I didn't mention or reply to hope you are doing great!!!!!! I love reading everyone's posts. Take care!!!

I'm not sure about where to post this but ....... does the lapband cause any thing to go off at airports?? I just thought about this!

I was told that it might. But I just flew on two flights on Wed and had to pass through security 3 times. Mine didn't set it off. However, I was given a card that indicated what my band is. I was told to show this at security checks if the band set it off.

Hello all......I got 3cc's on Monday and took it easy the rest of the day, but after that, it doesn't feel like anymore restriction than before I got the fill......infact, I feel hungry more often now and I don't like that. The nurse must have known something as she had me make another appt. for Oct. 2nd, two weeks after this one!!!

I just feel like I don't have that burst of willpower I once had, I'm not "cheating" per se, just know that I'm eating more than I was before the fill......two weeks is going to be a long time....

Hey everyone - how are ya'll doing - by reading the post eveyone is doing fine..

I was watching Biggest Loser last night and they are wearing the BodyBugg - Chim did you ever get one?? It looked interesting...

But OMG $399 and only 3 months support - but I would like to see what my workouts look like on the computer :waytogo: and it says can tell the calories your consume??

Does anyone have one??? or know the story???

Hi Indio! I haven't gotten my BodyBugg, yet. I think I may get it for Christmas...if not sooner. Maybe for my birthday (Oct 26th). We'll see. It is a bit pricey, but those who have it, swear by it.

Chim- I can't believe you haven't had a fill. You are a hero! Wow!

Indio- yesterday I felt like I was cheating because I am not supposed to snack, and also I could have made a better choice. But I hear your point, we can eat anything, and that's one of the reasons I chose the band in the first place.

Caz, I can't believe it, either. I feel like I've definitely gained during this time, but everyone keeps telling me how great I look. Guess I'll find out next week. Only bad thing is, Aunt Flo is coming next week, so she'll be bringing some extra Water weight.:woot:

I agree this is an awesome thread. I think part of what makes it great is we are all literally in this together. I mean we all got banded within a month of each other so we really are helping each other through probably one of the biggest transitions we have gone through! You guys are awesome. :whoo::whoo::whoo:

I must say I am so impressed by how much so many of you are doing. The gym, counting all your calories. IT IS AWESOME! For me that could be why I am not losing as fast but I know me, I would do it for a while then not anymore. I have sweets on a regular basis. For me if I didn't I know I would breakdown one day and that would be all I ate from thereon in. So I eat healthy but I must have my sweets - not nearly as much as pre-band. I exercise more than I did before but not all the time. I know this is causing (sp?) me to lose slower but I have to try to accept that. I mean heck - the quantities I eat are incredibly smaller than pre-band. In the long run it will be ok. :car:

I hardly go to any other threads as well. Every once in a while I'm like "Oh yeah - there are other threads on this site!" and I will go out looking and learn stuff. This site is soooo big that it could eat all your time up!:hungry:

I highly recommend the Before and After pics thread. I find them so motivating. I feel like I am losing slowly so I look at the pics and feel encouraged. I also go to the before and after at the ObesityHelp.com website.

Breadlady, I agree, this is an awesome group! I always visit the Before and After thread. Sooooo much inspiration there.

Chim, hope your weigh in next week is fantastic! You've got real will power not to weigh yourself!

Thank you so much, Brandy! I hope so, too!!! As for not weighing myself, I don't even own a scale. I know how I am, so it's better that I don't get one.

Anna, thanks for the kind words. I'm a marketing manager and my team and I manage all product packaging, public relations, consumer affairs, promotions, website, research and recipe development.

I'm in Baltimore now on business... missing my family. I don't travel very often, so do enjoy the time by myself and dinner out. But miss the family. Tonight we went to a nice restaurant and I had fish and broccoli. Tomorrow we are going downtown to a crab house for a crab feast... yummy!!!

Chim, were in Maryland are you? My dad used to live in Gaithersburg and Damascus. I have to agree... I love Maryland for crab.

Kathy, I live in Southern Maryland in St. Mary's County. I live in Lexington Park, MD near the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. It's about an hour south of Washington, D.C. I know where both Gaithersburg and Damascus are. I've lived here all of my life...born and raised.

Waking record

No walking today. I wore cute shoes to work and when I got home my hooves were on fire so I didn't feel like walking. I'm getting back on tomorrow.

SSank, I had to laugh! Your hooves were on fire. Oh the price we pay for beauty and cuteness! LOL!!!

NSV - have not been able to get my wedding band off for two years......it's coming off quite easily now!!

Congratulations!!! What a feeling, right????

Caolin--Isn't it great to be able to slide that puppy off your finger? Now that's progress! Pretty soon you'll be needing to get it resized. I lost my engagement ring that way the last time I lost a ton of weight. The ring slipped off and I didn't realize it. My son found it years later in a file cabinet!

Chim--Guess who else has a b-day on Oct 26? You, me and Hilary!

Gotta tell you all: Last week I was bummed b/c I only lost 0.5 lb. Now THIS week it was 8.5! (and that was AFTER the Cheesecake Factory) Just hang in there everyone. All of a sudden you WILL see that scale move. Have faith.

Jackie- Was is your Dr. who said that the fill is felt right away? I only know from the one fill that I have had, but I did not feel restriction right away, about 10 days later I started to feel more restricted. I wouldnt say I am at the "sweet spot", but I definatly feel more restricted now then following the fill itself.

Jackie- Was is your Dr. who said that the fill is felt right away? I only know from the one fill that I have had, but I did not feel restriction right away, about 10 days later I started to feel more restricted. I wouldnt say I am at the "sweet spot", but I definatly feel more restricted now then following the fill itself.

only- yeah that is what his PA told me. She did say that sometimes you will feel tighter after a fill because stress, aunt flo, Water retention and a few other things but the 'effects' of the fill itself do not happen 2 weeks after we receive it. That is why she wasn't worried about being so agressive with my fills. (I have had one a week for the past 3 weeks) I was really owrried about the past fills becoming tighter and then she did another fill yesterday and I just didn't know if I was going to have them do it because of others feeling restriction 2 weeks after the fill.

So many doctors and so many different opinions!!!! LOL

I know that even this past week a couple of days I could tell that I was tighter than the day before when I was eating and the amount was different also.

Thanks for all your responses ladies! They make a lot of sense to me, so I called my surgeon's office today hoping that I can get some answers from there. As every doctor seems to have different advice, it seems best that I ask them which is best for me. Maybe because some of us have 4cc bands and others have 10cc bands there could be different fill procedures. Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll help me sort this out. :waytogo:

Brandy - yes I was still drinking my regular 60g worth of Protein Shakes like I was immediately after surgery. I thought I was supposed to. :embarassed: I just checked the sheet I was given and it says I don't necessarily need it if I'm getting my Protein from the food I'm eating. So that's probably part of my problem.

Indio - you also made sense with the advice about weight loss coming during the times you didn't exercise. I've had that experience as well pre-band. In fact it got me so discouraged I stopped exercising altogether because I wasn't seeing any benefits. I don't want that to happen again because in spite of not losing any weight lately, I always feel so much better physically and mentally after working up a sweat from exercise.

ssankofa - morning vs night restriction doesn't sound weird at all to me. There are times when I can't even swallow fluids without PBing, but I can try again an hour later and be fine. I also feel I can eat more in the evening than in the morning. I almost have to force-feed myself some mornings, but the evening I have to dig deep into my willpower reserves to stop myself from getting another helping of food. I don't even think at times it's because I'm hungry, it's more like I feel like I could eat more, so my old pre-band brain tells me to go ahead.

So now I wait for the doctor's PA to get back to me with her advice. I hope I didn't call too late in the day and have to wait till Mon for her to get back to me. Good grief I sound needy! :rolleyes :bounce:

Hey havent posted anything on here in a bit. Wanted to drop in and say HI and let everyone know how I was doing. My surgery was 07/19/07 which I received a 4cc . 3 weeks later I got 2 more cc's. Then 09/10/07 I got a lil over 1 cc. So I am a tad over 7cc's. They tried to give me 8 but I couldnt tolerate it. So its been 11 days since that fill and I just cant eat. I cant eat hardly anything. puddings, and things like that is about all I can eat. Everything else comes up. I cant tolerate any meats, breads or almost any vegetables. I do not ever fill full, partly cause I dont eat enough. So I dont know if this is normal or not. Am I too full? Someone help me, I feel deprived...........

Distant--sounds to me like you need a little unfill. My fill was pretty agressive, but I can still eat small amounts of moist meats, fish, eggs, etc. I'm too scared to try breads, but I can tolerate crakers and most cooked vegetables. Me thinks you need to call your doctor's office and get their advice.

-------Beware...lots of emotional whining here------

Hi all,

TGIF. Seriously. I had a terrible week.

I'm in an engineering program and there's not very many females in my program. In my particular year there's only a handful of women and they're all thin, dainty and cute. My problem is when we have to do groupwork or lab work. I'm the one that's sitting there hoping someone will ask me to join or the one that has to frantically go around asking if I can join their group (a lot of times they have enough people) and sometimes I'm the one that has to ask my professor if I'm going to have to work alone that day. The embarrassing part is when he sticks me with someone. I hate "having to be in a group", I'd rather be wanted in a group. The sickening thing is they'll quickly ask if they have the same asnwer as me when homework is due but they'll be damned to spend 2.5 hrs of lab working with me. They'd rather spend their time playing grab ass with one of the thin girls.

I've noticed the men in my program are asses. They flock to the thin and cutsey girls even if the girls are obnoxious, arrogant and dumb. It's so irritating. A lot of them get together and giggle and the guys hit on the girls and it just makes me ill. I just want to go to class and get shit done, I'm not expecting anyone to flirt with me. It's just irritating and uncomfortable to be in a group with people who are flirting with the thin girl while the fat girl sits there punching numbers and doing to work.

I guess I've never really noticed how people at my school treat overweight people because previous courses have been mostly lecture where you go in and listen to lecture and leave. I hate being treated different. This semester (I have two design courses that each have lab sections) is going to be rough. I dread going to lab and I dread being around people for feart that they'll see me as the fat girl as opposed to a classmate.

*sigh* Sorry I unloaded all of this on to you all. I just feel crappy and didn't know where to dump all of my sorrows except here where some people might hopefully understand where I am coming from. Maybe I just need to take a nap and sleep it off or something. Ugh, life is so hard.

I hope everyone has had a better week!

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been on much, but I guess I'm finally getting back into the swing of life. I've been spending so much time with Hunter, and playing, and I get out so much more now. It's great for me, but it sure takes away from computer time.

Things are going good. I'm down to 202, 30 lbs gone forever. Feels great, and I've had lots of compliments, which feels even better. Onederland, here I come. I hope i get thee before vacation in a week.

Hope everyone is doing well, and losing lots of weight.

I'll check in when I can.

Have a great weekend.