Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Indio

I just got my fill at lunchtime today. That's why I need to stop complaining, lol.

Only4me

If you don't mind my asking...How much weight have you lost since getting the band? The Dr. who did my fill told me that I was losing weight without needing a fill and that's why he didn't want to give me one.

Indio

I just got my fill at lunchtime today. That's why I need to stop complaining, lol.

Only4me

If you don't mind my asking...How much weight have you lost since getting the band? The Dr. who did my fill told me that I was losing weight without needing a fill and that's why he didn't want to give me one.

Ssankofa - you & me are about the only ones here tonite ..

You have done excellent 26 lbs.. I wasn't hungry for the 5 or 6 days but now i am hungry and think i am eating too much - by example my lunch :omg: - so let see how it goes... I was very restricted the 1st few days - cuz i pb'd on some pudding - just a tad but now can eat.

Here's what you do when you want something to eat that you shouldn't eat. Just imagine that your surgeon is watching you and ask yourself, "would I eat this in front of him?" If the answer is no, then you know you shouldn't eat it.

Hope everyone is doing well. Saw the Cardinals lose to the Cubs. It was chilly 65 at game time. Supposed to be in the 90s next week.

Here's what you do when you want something to eat that you shouldn't eat. Just imagine that your surgeon is watching you and ask yourself, "would I eat this in front of him?" If the answer is no, then you know you shouldn't eat it.

Hope everyone is doing well. Saw the Cardinals lose to the Cubs. It was chilly 65 at game time. Supposed to be in the 90s next week.

Ribearty - For me that really wouldn't work - as i am a stubborn - rebel and if I want it I will eat it and no one is going to tell me what or what not to eat.. I am the boss of me... Don't i sound just like the spoiled little/old girl that i am ;)

But it is a good suggestion for those who would be intimidated by their surgeon..

My theory is eating something I know I shouldn't is what got me fat in the first place and so far I have been successful in eating primarily only good stuff - - I haven't bought or ate any candy - never been a big chip person - did have a piece of bday cake but that's it - My weight problem was not really too much what i ate but was how much and lack of exercise. I don't eat fast food but maybe 4 - 6 times a year. I eat real food - like large bowls of mash potatoes - Fried taco - steak with all the fat on it - I love FAT I MISS FAT - I COULD ALMOST EAT:hungry: A TUB OF BUTTER (Paula Dean and I must be related) if i made a tamale pie - i would eat 1/2 to 3/4 in one night - not all at once mind you but between 7 p.m. to 3 a.m it would be almost gone. and i was a total couch potato ...

Now i primralily eat fish veggies brown rice salad that is not dripping in dressing and am reading labels and counting calories.. once you count calories you get a big shock in how many calories in a little 1/2 cup of rice or mash potates...

Lucky you with 65 - it's 9 pm and still 107 here in the Desert

Well, its late I'm haven't eaten tonite - so gotta go cook that fish & veggies since i did eat that soft taco for lunch... and yes i would have eaten it in front of my doct as it wasn't fried - but what i don't know is how many calories in beef tongue??:omg: I bet not that much whadda ya think - did i gross you out :) - Here in the Desert it is

primarily mexican - so I have grown up on mexican food = i really did have a lengua (sp) (tongue) taco for lunch - and it was really good.. I eat menudo and tripas and all that good stuff..

Ssanskoffa- I did not loose anything between my 2 wk post op and the fill appt. I stayed the same. Maybe thats why she gave me 1.5cc?? I hope I dont get that Dr. next time I go.

Hello Lucky 7's. Sorry I've been gone, computer problems really got bad, but it's fixed. Someone came yesterday and added more memory to my computer. It's been working ok so far. Don't have time to go back and read everything, but I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm down to 204, so it's still coming off slowly, but coming off none the less. Still waiting to get Hunter into preschool, as they are waitin on paperwork still.

I'll try to check in later, but we're heading to my moms today in a little bit, and we have my step kids this weekend, so my step son gets on this computer too, so I'll try.

Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll try to check back and get back into things tonight. Any good news happening around the thread?? Any other NSV to talk about. I had 2 associates at work in the last 2 days tell me I was getting 'SKINNY'. Now that is a great NSV for me. My name and skinny have never been thought about in the same sentence ever before.

Please help catch me up to speed!!

Hi everyone!!

Got my second fill three days ago and I am happy to announce that I finally feel restriction!!! I made the mistake of eating Chex Mix and I got stuck for the very first time. The Pain!! Water made it worse too. I am still feeling the effects from the Chex Mix this morning. Off to drink some warm Decaf tea.:)

XOXO

This has been an incredibly busy week. I have been reading the posts but no time to write.

Well, on Tuesday it was DH's birthday. We went to this new Italian restaurant, which is wonderful, very romantic yet casual. Anyways, we sat outside on the patio by the fountain and are having a great old time when I reach accross the table to get some more bread ( I ate that plain with no problems BTW) and my blouse slipped off!!!! :embarassed: I didn't realize it was so big, and next thing I know I am standing there with nothing but my bra on! I just wanted to die out of embarassement, I pulled it up quickly and sat down, avoiding eye contact at all costs. Needless to say that blouse has gone bye-bye.

I am actually heading to a friend's house now to give her 2 suitcases full of clothes that are too big :) I have also bought a couple of new pieces, they are XL instead of 2x, and a pair of shorts in regular 16 instead of 22w. OK, the shorts are still tight, but I can see them fitting nicely in a couple of weeks.

I love my band!:whoo:

I have also been exercising a lot- for me anyhow- Curves 3x/week and walking 4 miles 2x/week. I have lost 42 lbs. so far and couldn't be happier. It sounds like I am bragging but I am just so freaking happy with the whole thing.

You all have a great weekend!

This has been an incredibly busy week. I have been reading the posts but no time to write.

Well, on Tuesday it was DH's birthday. We went to this new Italian restaurant, which is wonderful, very romantic yet casual. Anyways, we sat outside on the patio by the fountain and are having a great old time when I reach accross the table to get some more bread ( I ate that plain with no problems BTW) and my blouse slipped off!!!! :embarassed: I didn't realize it was so big, and next thing I know I am standing there with nothing but my bra on! I just wanted to die out of embarassement, I pulled it up quickly and sat down, avoiding eye contact at all costs. Needless to say that blouse has gone bye-bye.

I am actually heading to a friend's house now to give her 2 suitcases full of clothes that are too big :) I have also bought a couple of new pieces, they are XL instead of 2x, and a pair of shorts in regular 16 instead of 22w. OK, the shorts are still tight, but I can see them fitting nicely in a couple of weeks.

I love my band!:whoo:

I have also been exercising a lot- for me anyhow- Curves 3x/week and walking 4 miles 2x/week. I have lost 42 lbs. so far and couldn't be happier. It sounds like I am bragging but I am just so freaking happy with the whole thing.

You all have a great weekend!

Well, that blouse story made me laugh out loud!! Even got a grin out of my DH!! Yeah, time to retire those clothes!! My bras are getting roomy & some shirts I have are threatening to fall off my shoulders so I will be a lot more careful since I read your story!! You're doing gREAT!!

well my 'too tight' fill turns out to be my 'just right' fill! i had only liquids for 4 days and this morning i made biscuits & gravy for my husband...tried a couple of tsp. gravy (i know, i know...gravy!!!) and it went down fine. had Protein drink...went down fine. had some apple juice later...went down fine (granted, i am still sipping. and i mean sipping! waiting several minutes, sipping again.)

for lunch i had a scrambled egg!! i am really happy. i was freaking out thinking i was going to be on liquids for a month or so! it's really just eating tiny bites. chewing 30x. and waiting a few minutes between each bite. i am trying to do something else while i eat to keep me occupied b/w each bite. i notice if i sit down at a meal, i eat too fast.

funny, i remember saying to my husband a few weeks ago...i would be fine and feel like the weight would really start to shed if i could just eat a couple of bites! and here i am. yippee!!

:whoo:

CeCe, That's not bragging! But even if it was, you deserve to brag! You are doing great and have a positive attitude. Now, how exactly did you lose the bouse, you mean it slipped off your shoulders and down both arms???? Having a problem visualizing it! Regardless, it's funny when you can share it with others, isn't it? And isn't it a wonderful feeling to try on old or new clothes that fit or will in a week or two and getting rid of the old ones. I've got quite a pile of old clothes for Good Will. Keep up the good work!

Phyllser, I was sharing the blouse story with my DH as well and he thought it was funny too! It's quiet on here today, so I'm probably checking out. Will check back later. I lost another pound today, so I'm a happy camper as well! Keep working it!

Breadlady - I also get hungry at night. I've never been a late-night eater so going to bed with my tummy grumbling isn't that big of a deal, but I wonder what's really going on if I'm so hungry at night?

bluebike - Good for you! I look forward to a "perfect" fill soon...I know I'm able to eat WAY too much!

Lynette - I think you missed my anniversary! DH surprised me and took me out to a cabin for the night...then surprised me with a new WHOPPING diamond for my wedding band! He's been planning it for YEARS! Oh, I do so regret all those times I got mad about not taking the trash out! Haha!

Well, it's about 50 degrees here in Nome, weather has been CRAPPY this whole week, but the waves pushed a lot of sea glass (pieces of glass rubbed soft by the water/sand) onto the shore so I've been out the past couple of days collecting it. I found some of the coveted blue glass today and that was exciting. My little girl started finding some too.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I resolved the other night to just have Protein Shakes for a few days for Breakfast and lunch - which is usually not a problem. So I do that, but then 4pm comes around and I'm grazing (not good choices either) and have a large supper. I tried chicken again and it didn't go down all that well. But last night I was able to eat THREE pieces of pizza! What the heck?!?! I feel like a pig!

Excersize has been better for me this week though. We, the family, have been to the pool twice this week and then there's the beach combing (lots up up down, up down) and I went for a killer 50 min. walk yesterday with a friend. I'm hoping to keep it up...we'll see though.

Now if I could just keep the crap out of my house I wouldn't eat it! What was I thinking buying Red Fish (Sweedish Fish to some of you)...you just can't stop at one! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

CeCe, That's not bragging! But even if it was, you deserve to brag! You are doing great and have a positive attitude. Now, how exactly did you lose the bouse, you mean it slipped off your shoulders and down both arms???? Having a problem visualizing it! Regardless, it's funny when you can share it with others, isn't it? And isn't it a wonderful feeling to try on old or new clothes that fit or will in a week or two and getting rid of the old ones. I've got quite a pile of old clothes for Good Will. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the compliments, Brandi!

Yes, blouse ( sleevless- sp?) fell off both shoulders, it is satin so that's why I think it happened. It was mortifing but sharing does make it funny. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the compliments, Brandi!

Yes, blouse ( sleevless- sp?) fell off both shoulders, it is satin so that's why I think it happened. It was mortifing but sharing does make it funny. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Cazulay, Congrats on the sizes going down!!!! What an awesome feeling!!!!;)

How is school going for you????? I feel like I've been beat up the past few weeks, lol!!!! Then there's all the meetings and before and after activities and expectations!!!! YIKES!!!!