Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a while, but I didn't try to join until I got my surgery date. Oddly, the day after I scheduled my surgery, I tried to register on this forum on five different computers, and it wouldn't work on any of them. I guess it was the site. It's working now, though, and I would like to be added to the list of lucky July '07 bandsters. I'm very excited. I'm self-pay, going to Mexico on the 10th for pre-ops and having surgery on the 11th.

Welcome Roniker. Hello everyone else. Our days are coming soon. Can't wait/ 12 more days til I have to start liquids. Going on vacation July 5-8 and then have to start liquid diet on the 9th. Worked out pretty good for me. I have already done my shopping for the beneprotein and liquid meds and a few other things. Even bought myself a magic bullet mixer. I figure that will come in VERY handy through the mushy/puree period. Besides the family will love to make fruit smoothies and stuff as well. Everyone take care and I am thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear from you dini and hope you are comfortable during recovery

Breadlady, thank you so much for your day to day updates. The information has been wonderful and I feel i know better what to expect if/when the day comes for mine...

insurance still has not come back with approval as of yet... and surgery is scheduled for Jul 5th.

I am having a tubial and a endometrial ablation at the same time. I am getting very anxious and impatient. Riding an emotional rollercoaster this week.

thanks to all for sharing your news with the rest of us. I does help.

Less than one week for me. I will be banded on 7/3/07. This is a great way to Celebrate "independence day" for me. No longer dependent on food for everything!!

liquid diet going better than I thought it might. I actually feel in control of my food and hunger....not what I expected.....Love reading everyone elses questions/input. God Bless us all!!

Hie everyone,

how you doing? I've not had a great experience, like Breadlady!

I get the taxi after i let my last post on tuesday morning!

I was 1st to get banded which as fab on lady was waiting 8 hours.

Out of 6 of us i was the only person with the shoulder pain! it was so awful and i am still in a LOT of pain!

I feel like i need to be streached out! I can feel the band through my skin! that doesn't bother me though.

Annafrancesca has already dug her foot into me which made me tear up for 5 mins thats was also very sore

After the surgery i went to the toilet to change into my pyjams and i collapse hitting my head off the sink! i dont know exactly how long i was out for but it made al the pain even worst.

at 11pm last night the nurses gave us morphine and that didn't work on me, i tried to sleep sitting in the chair but the nurses can in and told me to get to bed as i was trying to get into bed, they kind of pushed me down, and they caused me to really hurt myself i taught i wasn't breathing with the pain. this happened earlier in the day! they blamed the gas but i honestly believe it was from when i colasped i had one of the attacked earlier in the evening about 7.30pm

I'm not home long, i'm just hoping that the pain eases soon cos it's not very nice. i wish it upon NO-ONE

If anyone wants to know anything just ask, i'm sorry to post that i've not got on great but i feel you should know the good with the bad, and also i honestly believe that if i had not collasped i wouldn't be in this pain.

Welcome all the newbies welcome on bored

Oh also thanks for your nice wishes xx

Just zoomed through the posts hoping Dini had posted.

Marcyinak - Love the Pics

Chimboree - You are so furtunate that you got samples like that. I would have loved that. Spent alot of $$$ trying to find something I could tolerate.

Lynette - Are you getting psyched! Wait til the day b efore you will be beside yourself.

To everyone else...Here's my report thus far I have to be quick my kids are waiting at the lake to go in the Water :eek:

Liquids get better each day. In that you aren't as hungry as each day passes.

I am doing awesome. My 2 friends who know I had the surgery said you would never know I had this a week ago. I feel good. Some pain at port site when I bend down and don't hold the spot.

Someone asked about the gas. I was blowing like a trumpet all last week. No smell at least. Now I'm in the stage of I finally pooped (liquid in/liquid out). And the gas now stinks to high heavens. I don't know why. As far as the should gas pain. I did have it. I was uncomfortable but bearable. Just use the Gas-X for it. It does work.

Must go now. I will try and check in again.

Miss you all.

I will be sitting next to the lake while my kids swim. Maybe I'll sweat more weight off.

Lost 17lbs. thus far.

Hie everyone,

how you doing? I've not had a great experience, like Breadlady!

I get the taxi after i let my last post on tuesday morning!

I was 1st to get banded which as fab on lady was waiting 8 hours.

Out of 6 of us i was the only person with the shoulder pain! it was so awful and i am still in a LOT of pain!

I feel like i need to be streached out! I can feel the band through my skin! that doesn't bother me though.

Annafrancesca has already dug her foot into me which made me tear up for 5 mins thats was also very sore

After the surgery i went to the toilet to change into my pyjams and i collapse hitting my head off the sink! i dont know exactly how long i was out for but it made al the pain even worst.

at 11pm last night the nurses gave us morphine and that didn't work on me, i tried to sleep sitting in the chair but the nurses can in and told me to get to bed as i was trying to get into bed, they kind of pushed me down, and they caused me to really hurt myself i taught i wasn't breathing with the pain. this happened earlier in the day! they blamed the gas but i honestly believe it was from when i colasped i had one of the attacked earlier in the evening about 7.30pm

I'm not home long, i'm just hoping that the pain eases soon cos it's not very nice. i wish it upon NO-ONE

If anyone wants to know anything just ask, i'm sorry to post that i've not got on great but i feel you should know the good with the bad, and also i honestly believe that if i had not collasped i wouldn't be in this pain.

Welcome all the newbies welcome on bored

Oh also thanks for your nice wishes xx

Welcome, Ronik! You will love our group. I will add you to our calendar.

Dini, we are so glad to hear from you!!! I'm sorry you've had an experience so far. Wow! You hit your head on the sink?!?! Did the nurses know? Did they find you? Oh my goodness. No concussion or lumps on the head, though?

You said you can feel the band through the skin. Do you mean the port? Please keep us posted. I hope you're feeling much better and in less pain. And remember to walk as much as you can to get rid of that gas. I'm still praying for you!

I'm new in this forum and just found this group!! I'm in my 2 week pre-op liquid only diet and it's been hard so far. I always feel hungry!! :eek:

I'm having surgery in Arizona with Dr Debarros and am just ready for it to be here. I started this journey in February with my consultation and my day is just about here!!

Good luck to all of you out here!

~Nichole

Dini - Sorry to hear that you are in pain - Hope it get's better soon.. Where were your nurses... There is no reason you should have fallen aren't they with you when you get out of bed?? Prayer and hugs to you.

indigogirl and chimboree thanks you

i had my period so they brought me to the toilet but, i needed to clean up also as well as get changed so they left me for a bit and then i colasped. they heard me hit the sink so they came running in but i dont know how long i was out for.

when i said i could feel the band i ment the post. I'm having a hard hard time breathing also.

i think that having my periods, a little but of a cold and then falling it's all made it worst.

i'm a fighter so its al good. few more days and i'll be doing super!!

i was told not to bring a hot water bottle but i brought one anyways and i loved it so i defo this you should all bring one!!

again any questions fire away!!

Dini, OMG. I'm am so sorry to hear all that. I wish I could just jump thru the computer and give you a hug. I feel so bad for you. I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself, and let us know how you're doing.

Are you at home now or did they keep you?

Breadlady, hope you're having fun at the lake. You'll have a nice tan to go with the new you.

Welcom to our newbies, ronik26 and forgve70x7. Congrats on getting a date for surgery. You'll love this thread. We've got the best group going!!

Hello everyone else, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm new in this forum and just found this group!! I'm in my 2 week pre-op liquid only diet and it's been hard so far. I always feel hungry!! :eek:

I'm having surgery in Arizona with Dr Debarros and am just ready for it to be here. I started this journey in February with my consultation and my day is just about here!!

Good luck to all of you out here!

~Nichole

Welcome Forgve!!! Congrats on your date and I will certainly add you to the calendar. You are officially a Lucky 7!! Glad to have you.

Dini, we know you are getting better by the moment. Is there anything that has happened (surgery-wise) that you didn't expect? I figured being on your period during the surgery would not be fun, so that's why I manipulated mine to happen before. Are you sleeping okay? Are you taking lots of pain meds?

Thanks for updating us!

Where's everyone??? I see I'm the only one in the thread right now...Do I smell or something? LOL!!!! :)

Dini - I know of the shoulder pain you speak of...I had it when I had a lap-chole (my gallbladder removed laproscopically). I swear THAT was more painful than my stomach! I also felt as if I couldn't breathe after surgery....it took Demerol, not Morphine to help with that! There's not much to do about the shoulder...it WILL get better, have some loving people massage it for you. I've been told that once you've had the "referred pain" in your shoulder you will always get it with lap procedures...something for me to look forward to! YIPPEEE! Sorry that things aren't just super for you, good luck!

July 27th!!! :eek:

I just came back from visiting with my doctor, Dr. Marquez in Austin, TX, and am ready to banded. She was super nice and professional and I feel I will be taken care of. I have an appointment with the nutricionist July 10th to get started on my pre-op diet. It's a good thing too, because I am about to go to New England to visit my in-laws and want to be able to eat lobster rolls:embarassed:

Good luck to us all!!!