Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey yall! So I was just wondering what kind of Protein Shakes yall use.

I started off with the Premier Protein shakes but decided to switch over to body fortress super advanced whey Protein Powder. I switched bc the premier Protein just was too chocolatey for me.

If anyone uses powder, what do you mix it with?

I mixed mine with whole milk, but I'm not sure if that's allowed after the surgery...

I have my surgery next Friday so I started drinking the protein shakes again today to get me in the habit.

My surgeon requires "bariatric advantage" YUCK had a sample today and I don't know how I will survive every swallow wanted to come up

My surgeon requires "bariatric advantage" YUCK had a sample today and I don't know how I will survive every swallow wanted to come up

My NUT told me that Protein shake was ok so I guess I'll stick to it.

I'm just dreading this liquid stage for two weeks post op.

Are you going to be taking the chewable bariatric Vitamins?

That's crazy!! I would say sure I'm drinking them.... And drink the ones I can stomach!

Hey yall! So I was just wondering what kind of Protein shakes yall use.

I started off with the Premier Protein shakes but decided to switch over to body fortress super advanced whey Protein powder. I switched bc the Premier Protein just was too chocolatey for me.

If anyone uses powder, what do you mix it with?

I mixed mine with whole milk, but I'm not sure if that's allowed after the surgery...

I have my surgery next Friday so I started drinking the Protein Shakes again today to get me in the habit.

I mix powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein powder with Silk unsweetened soymilk + sugarless flavorings to change them when they get boring. Soymilk has more body than skim milk.

I am a fan of Protein shakes. I primarily use chocolate Splendor, vanilla and strawberry Sorbet. I usually mix with ice, skim milk and Torani sugar free syrups. The syrups are great: Hazelnut, Almond Roca, Coconut and Salted Caramel. I also use Chike coffee flavored Protein, PB2 (Peanut Butter flavor) and Syntrax Nectars Fuzzy Navel. I like making my own versus the pre mixed.

Quest will begin selling their new line of protein powder tomorrow. I will have to check them out!

Edited by macman

Has anyone tried the unjury shakes I keep seeing advertised here on Bariatric Pal?

I used prosource no carb for the first week since I had that in the hospital. It wasn't bad but it's really thick and viscus. However if you mix it with herbal tea or Water, it's wasn't bad. I tried several different types before surgery. I ended up doing a mix of the prosource, premixed Orgain organics & CVS brand whey powder mixed with almond milk or sometimes greek yogurt.

I strongly recommend getting a few single serving sample packs of a variety of different ones and trying them out to see which ones you like before committing.

nectar Protein taste pretty good too, not too sweet, several flavors available

I'm using the low or zero carb Isopure whey Protein. Has 50g protein per serving, tastes good, and performed the best on trials that check for things like actual protein be advertised, and no heavy metal contamination.

I will have to say I tried so many Protein shakes before pre op and nectar Protein became my favorite of all of them. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury was good to but I dont like the size tub. All the other protien shakes I stayed away from becasue they had so many items like staturated fat added stuff I wasnt sure about and alot more calories. With nectar theres only 25 calories per serving and no extra stuff added.

Syntrax Nectar. Delicious. It's not gritty, no after taste, no need to chug it down. I do recommend if you mix with Water you dilute it more than 8 oz per scoop, but the ones mixed with milk are so good my 5 and 1 year old ask for it. And it was approved by my surgeon...

I love nectar Fuzzy Navel. Just mix it with Water.