Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

I am down 20lbs ya'll

Ok so whatever you do don't order the Vitaleph shakes. They are wretched! The chewable chocolate Probiotics are good but the shakes, so much eww. And no refund or return policy.

I have the vitaleph Protein too. My friend had chocolate so I tried hers before I ordered. Did not like it at all so I ordered only vanilla. I mix it with the low sugar almond milk and some Waldens Farms zero everything Syrup ( chocolate, Carmel, strawberry, or blueberry). It's pretty yummy. If I'm at home I mix it in my vitamix with ice and make a milkshake :).

I'm glad the vanilla works for you. I also use almond milk. Do the vanilla ones taste like vanilla? I know you add stuff to them.

Down 10 pounds in 5 days on my pre-op diet, which is both exciting and worrisome. My anxiety is too strong to just be happy with it! :-/

[quote name="Rebecca Friesen" post="3665419" timestamp="1416020815"

So i am having a hard time finding a Protein Drink to use. I am in Saskatchewan Canada and looking for a fruit flavored one that isnt thick. Any thoughts??? I am not a shake type of person but could do juice to sip away at.

I buy "Sexy Freak - body sculpt " from Believe Fit. I know they are in Saskatoon (not sure where you are). It has an awesome 39 Grams of Protein and is not thick like a milkshake. I'm in Calgary. My surgery is Jan 26th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC

I buy "Sexy Freak - body sculpt " from Believe Fit. I know they are in Saskatoon (not sure where you are). It has an awesome 39 Grams of Protein and is not thick like a milkshake. I'm in Calgary. My surgery is Jan 26th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC

Your in great hands with dr Ortiz and OCC! I am very pleased with my care there. One week post op and doing well.

My friends tell they smell like french toast when I mix then. Without the flavoring they have a mild vanilla taste but not much. I'm also going to Dr Ortiz at OCC! My date is January 23rd :))

I just read every page and wish I would have found this thread sooner!

I'm in the middle of full liquids pre-op and it's going good

Surgery date is Jan 26th with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. I'm excited, nervous, and looking forward to a forever, healthier me!

See you on the post-op side soon

I just read every page and wish I would have found this thread sooner!

I'm in the middle of full liquids pre-op and it's going good

Surgery date is Jan 26th with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. I'm excited, nervous, and looking forward to a forever, healthier me!

See you on the post-op side soon

I'll be flying home the evening of the 26th. I'll just miss you!

Every morning I do my shake in the blender with a cup of cold coffee and some chocolate WF Syrup. Taste just like a blended mocha!

Every morning I do my shake in the blender with a cup of cold coffee and some chocolate WF Syrup. Taste just like a blended mocha!

Sorry to just miss you! Good luck with all!!

I'm going to have to try that shake. Sounds delicious

I had my surgery on jan. 5, 2014. Got to the hospital at 6:00am for surgery prep. So far so good! Into OR, I was greeted by all. It was a delight to have everyone say that they would take good care of me. Then it was slumber time.... I woke up in the recovery room. Dr. Hahn was there and told me that along with the sleeve he had to perform a hiatal hernia repair and do a liver biopsy...Good job!

In my private room. IV for pain and another for liquids were all hooked up. Meet with the nursing staff that would be checking my vitals etc.. For the next two days.

The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although I kept pushing the IV for pain. A total of 5 incisions. The largest one (about 1 inch) on my right side. It hurt the most. I couldn't even feel the others. Dr. Hahn came to see me more than a few times. I kept asking him all the questions I could think of. He answered and explained them all. He was great!!!

I did a lot of sleeping!

Dr. Hahn and the hospital staff told me that I was doing very well. No vomiting or nausea. Drinking my fluids and meds. Saw Dr. Hahn one last time to make sure that I understood all the instructions and got all my prescriptions to take home for pain. I was ready to go home...I went home at 6:00 pm on jan. 6.

I'm home now and in my own bed. More to come at later time....

Annie, how are you doing? I got my surgery date for February 17 with Dr. Hahn. Hope you are doing well.

I go January 30th. I feel much better about the process after getting a lot of information at a required pre-op class. It answered a lot of questions.

So, my hospital screwed things up and I was approved for the band, not the sleeve. The papers were resubmitted and I spent three hours on the phone with insurance. I have until Tuesday morning to get the approval or my surgery will be delayed 1 week. Im so down right now. I can't do this 600 calorie all liquid for 3 weeks. :(

So, my hospital screwed things up and I was approved for the band, not the sleeve. The papers were resubmitted and I spent three hours on the phone with insurance. I have until Tuesday morning to get the approval or my surgery will be delayed 1 week. Im so down right now. I can't do this 600 calorie all liquid for 3 weeks. :(

OMG that it's so crazy. Prayers and just good old fashioned luck that there is someone in the office that will work in your favor.