Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

Hi kathy812! You know I didn't even think about that. That's a good idea. Thank goodness I get the A-OK on Saturday, so I can try something at home. For some weird reason I have been craving a Portobello mushroom pizza. I am not even a big fan of pizza - have to be in the mood. I will wait to make these of course, but that's what I really want. Oh, and refried Beans, but all I keep thinking is "oh boy" extra gas!! When I came home from surgery, at night I sounded like a Saving Private Ryan sequel. Probably TMI, but I just couldn't help it. I think my sleeve is settling down some, so I am a little nervous of giving it more Amo - haha pun intended!

How is your sleeve doing?

Tired

You are way too funny! I fuess we all have to get used to some sound effects now, lol.

@@Tired_of_being_Tired

We don't have a Von's near us, what is it? Does the tuscan Tomato Soup come in a can? Sounds delish.

Tired

You are way too funny! I fuess we all have to get used to some sound effects now, lol.

So true! I swear my stomach sounds like it's holding a little monster the way it growls after a meal lol! I should probably keep track of foods that cause it the most so I don't eat them prior to a work meeting or other typically quiet setting lol. That would be hilarious or embarrassing depending on the group.

@@SimplySue Hi, i saw that you had your surgery at Highland! I am scheduled for November 24th with Dr. O'Malley. How did everything go? I am so darn nervous and starting to have second thoughts. I want this and I really need this but getting nervous about the surgery itself, going under, the risks etc.

Would love to hear any feedback or experience you had a Highland. I sit at a desk most of the day so I was only planning on taking one week off...not sure if that is crazy or not!?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I was sleeved on 10/7. Has anyone else hit the " 3 week stall yet?"

@kathy. I have added pumpkin spice to my you art

You can try apple spice too

I haven't lost anything in 4 or 5 days

@@Tired_of_being_Tired you are killing me! Love your sense of humor.

To answer your question, my sleeve is progressing well. I'm still on puree, but everything I've tried so far has agreed w/me ( eggs, Beans, processed chicken, oatmeal, cream of wheats, chili- my fav from Wendy's-it looks ugly after putting it through the food processor, but taste good). Thank God!

I have one more week of puree then on to softs for two weeks.hopefully that transition will be smooth.

I keep seeing people talk about stalling...I'm not down with that. Not looking forward to it. Is this just some sort of necessary evil? I assume everyone responds differently, biochemically, to it as it occurs.

Edited by VSGPapi

Had my VSG 10/9 down 23 lbs....3 weeks. Starting to slow down. I only have about 75 to lose total...my bmi was about 34.anyone with a lower bmi slowing down so soon too

@@gigiboo I had a BMI of 38 but gained weight to get the surgery so ultimately was 40 when I had mine done. I've been hovering around 15lbs for 4-5 days now and I'm 17 days out.

@@mjmboston - I was very pleased with everything-surgery went well(6 incisions, no drains & were able to remove the gallbladder at same time). Post-op- the nausea med was given routinely, so I never had nausea til I got home (& only mild-they gave you meds for home too), nursing & floor staff was awesome-helpful & knowledgable. I felt well prepared going in as far as diet & expectations. I liked the fact that the only prep diet was Clear liquids x 1 day prior to & you can start puréed foods after 1st post-op appt. ~1week. My surgeon was Dr. Forbes, but I saw Dr. O'Malley post op.

As far as back to work, I went back 1 day shy of 3 weeks- office job, but fast paced & at times mentally draining & After 2 full days back, I am really tired- was tired yesterday & worse today, luckily have off Friday. I'd recommend 2 weeks. Or if need be, start off at 1/2 days1st. I'm down 17.6 lbs, 3 weeks after surgery, maybe more, but weighed at night today & had some leg swelling. ????

I haven't lost anything in 4 or 5 days

I guess there is one advantage to not owning a scale that holds my size. I weigh myself one a week at the clinic down the street.