Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

@ D.lo , I was sleeved 7 oct and had 2 weeks of full liquids. I think it was a little rough but at three weeks I can have scrambled eggs, pintos and cheese, tuna, grilled fish, eyc. It does get better. This surgery makes your belly smaller but will will be normal again. You just need to let your belly heal. Hang in there.

@@Peekboo thanks for the reply I'm looking forward to being able to eat again and feel somewhat normal. I truly just want flavors

Book girl, see the post above about what I eat now. With the Protein, I can eat about 2 ounces at a time or one egg with cheese. I have no problems. I also still have 3 Protein Drinks a day. I went back to work after one week for half days then full days after my 2 week check up. I do office work.

D.lo, I am feeling more and more normal each day! Just focus on the reasons you had the surgery. I was on metformin for blood sugar issues and blood pressure meds for the last 13 years. I am happy to say that I dont take either one now, yay! That alone is worth everything!

Peek, you seem to be a week ahead of me, did you start with one "meal" a day?

I go to MD in am, I have not been able to have any creamed Soups, the only treat has been milk. Tomorrow I hopefully get the OK to start "mushy" food, then transition to "normal" eating over the next 3 weeks. I am actually nervous to eat, not sure why. On my mushy list is "very dry wheat toast"...so I am kind of assuming anything that melts in your mouth will be considered OK?

I went back to work today, don't work agin til Friday....My sleep is kinda messed up, so I am happy about starting back slowly to work.

Also curious if anyone's MD has said Motrin is OK in the future? The nut said no, but a nurse I spoke with said yes...I am seeing conflicting stuff on NSAIDS on the net.

@@Peekboo I will! Thank you

Leslie65

my surgeon said no Cream of Wheat, no breads, no regrets, new potatoes of any kind. I can just have soft or pureed meat. My Protein drinks I still have two to three times a day depending on how much protein I get in. I of course enjoy the tuna but in oil the one in Water is very dry to me and I don't stomach is very well. I can have cream Soups that are not hi Carbs.I can have low carb yogurt ama and cottage cheese, but I don't tend to like the taste of those. I do feel much better now that I am eating solid food and I have been sleeping very well.

I hate spell check, lol.

Elaine, what an awesome weight loss!

Thanks Peek! Did they tell you to kind of advance yourself, or do you see the surgeon again before you do that? My handout just says over the next 3 weeks advance to "normal" kinds of food...and they want us to start with mashed potatoes, funny how all the surgeons are different. Glad you are feeling so well...aside from getting a nasty cold, I am feeling OK, too.

Leslie, I was told that I would be advanced to regular foods, still no breads, or starches, at my 4 week appt. In November. My appt should be the 4th but I won't see them until the 11th. I will stay on the soft foods until then.

@@D.Lo please try not to stress/depress over food/family/friends....and the perceived "fun". You can still enjoy all - just differently and healthier. Focus on the fellowship rather than the food. That's easier said that done at this time, but it will get better. This whole surgery is/was about you getting and staying well/healthy/happy. Please try not to allow yourself to be confused that life ends with the surgery. Its just the beginning.

Get counseling if you can. If you can't - keep writing to us who have and are in counseling. I'm sure we would be happy to share what we've learned. There are also lots of Bariatric reading materials that will get you through the stress/depression stage.

Had my surgery 10/21. One week out and I am on full liquids. So far only a Protein Drink, two tablespoons of chicken broth and Water today. Will try Soup later. Feeling weak but assume it us from so few calories. I have lost 10 pounds since surgery. I haven't had a bm in over a week. A little nervous about that. My pain was good until I passed some gas yesterday kind of straining. Now it feels pulled and hurting again. Scared I had popped a staple at first, but surely it would take more than that. Looking forward to more food choices.

I felt the same way you did - weak, unable to consume any real amount of food, strained. I hadn't had a bm since prior to surgery which had been about a week. I called my NP and she said to take some milk of magnesia. I think I was so backed up that nothing was going anywhere and my sleeve wasn't able to properly empty. I will say the day after I took the MOM, I felt A LOT better. I was able to drink 20oz of water by noon, where simply drinking before was a challenge for me and left me feeling stuffed.

The MOM certainly helps. I have also heard that the Plum Smart light works wonders. I will try it tonight and let you know.