Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

Also curious if anyone's MD has said Motrin is OK in the future? The nut said no, but a nurse I spoke with said yes...I am seeing conflicting stuff on NSAIDS on the net.

Ibwas told by my Bariatric program that only Tylenol would be allowed from now on. No ibuprofen or aspirins.

I took a naproxen yesterday for girlie cramps :-) I better check my paper work. I didn't have ant issues but I wont take anymore until I am sure.

I was to no Nsaids. Tylenol only.

Hi all - just got back from my 2 week follow up and NUT visit. Surgeon said the side pain was probably from them pulling my stomach out - they split the muscles and some times there is some tearing. They were't concerned about it. I get to advance my diet! YAY!!!! Mashed potatoes, refried Beans, eggs, crispy crackers, etc. NUT said to try different things for about a week and then can try meats if those are tolerated OK. If meats are OK then I can start to transition to regular foods in about a week. She said that the things that are typically least tolerated are eggs for some reason and then breads. She said crispy crackers or things that are crispy so they break apart when you eat them instead of sitting like a lump in your stomach.

Making the family tacos for dinner tonight and I'm having refried Beans. SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

@@bookgirl1972 I had my surgery a few days before you October 17. I am now on stage 2. I'm allowed cream of wheat, oatmeal, eggs, ricotta cheese, yogurt, Beans, mashed potatoes and 3 ounces of meat ( chicken, turkey, and fish only-inc. can tuna and chicken) also a few veggies.

I've been adding a pack of Unjury unflavored Protein to my Decaf coffee in the morning so I start my day off with 21 g of protein. I read where someone said to add vanilla protein to my coffee, Will try that tomorrow. Really strange putting my coffee in a blender but that's the best way to make sure the protein blends well.

My doctor allowed me to choose when I wanted to return to work, I chose three weeks but honestly I'm getting a bit bored. Using the time to plan a menu because when I return to work I will be on stage III

Can anyone give suggestions as to what to add to my yogurt to make it more flavorful? I'm not allowed any fruit in my yogurt, so trying to find something to make it a little more tasty.

Thanks

Can everyone please tell me what they are drinking to get all the necessary Protein? The only one I like so far is the Atkins shakes which are 11 oz. and 15 grams of Proteins. I need more variety. Please help!!

@@slareau I'm drinking Syntrax nectar lemonade flavor. I add a little bit of the crystal light fruit punch to it. Delish. I had a sample packet & added 12 ounces of Water. it was the right consistency for me, you can tweak the Water according to your taste.I think it has 21 g of Protein and it's a nice switch from the milky Protein drinks.

I also drink Premier Protein, vanilla flavored, I add to Torani sugar-free flavored Syrup to it ( Carmel or Irish cream).

Good to see everyone is doing well. I finally got in two miles and I feel amazing! Can't wait until the new fitbit charge HR hit the market!!! I just seen a commercial on YouTube it's a pedometer and heart rate monitor. Two birds, one stone.

Slareau, I love the champion chocolate brownie Protein Powder from Vitamin world and the vanilla Unjury powder. Both have 22 grams of Protein the add milk to make it 30.

@@Kathy812

Irish cream sounds yummy. I am enjoying the syntax nectar's right now. Sick of the milk and Protein stuff.

@slareau- I like the Trutein lemon meringue pie & the chocolate magic puddińg- you can order samples to try from their web site, also I went to bariatric pantry & Nashua Nutrition & was able to try different samples- so far other than the above, I like the Syntrax nectar Double Stuffed Cookie with unsweetened vanilla almond milk & the chocolate & chicken flavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I also use the Trutein Cinnabon in my oatmeal & cream of wheat to increase Protein. & also the Syntrax Nectar unflavored to other things. But the brownie flavor from Vitamin world sounds yummy.

&@@D.Lo -glad you're going to see a counsellor. I agree with whoever said it above-its a new start. I was nervous, but I had lunch with a friend yesterday & it was ok- got Soup & 1/2 sandwich, no bread, since the Soup was yucky(my tastebuds are pickier now), I ate ~1/2 tuna salad & had the rest for lunch today, was sleeved 10/9/14.

Edited by SimplySue

I also was told no NSAIDS except baby aspirin if absolutely needed & MAYBE down the road, Celebrex or Meloxicam, if absolutely needed.

Funny how the different surgeons vary so much with this, with diets,,,

@@Kathy812 sugar free Torani Syrup? Maybe sprinkle a little crystal light?

Hello October Sleevers! Had my WLS on Oct 9th. All in all I have to say my surgery went pretty well. I still experience some pain on my left side, under the incision where my tummy was pulled out. I am still on the Phase II full liquid diet, and so far had not had any trouble keeping any down. However, today I thought, well...since I am sooo close to Saturday and that's when I will be switched over to soft foods I wanted to try a little bit of egg salad. Wrong decision, I experienced the "dumping syndrome" I was at work, so needless to say, I was praying the good Lord would not make it a "noisy" trip to the ladies room - he heard my prayers! sorry if that was TMI. I didn't experience the chills, nausea, or accelerated heartbeat affects, but oh boy did I have some cramping fairly quickly after I ate my 3 spoons of egg salad. So...lesson learned and patient I will remain until Saturday. I'm sure you can guess what I am not going to try to eat on Saturday :) I am sooo looking forward to getting out of the full liquid diet, since I have been on liquids since one week pre op. I am looking forward to making friends on here and so excited to be able to talk to others who understand what I am going through. Oh one good thing is I have no problem drinking Water, but I do have problems remembering to drink it. I know for sure I am not getting my Protein in. I tried Isopure and OMG I nearly threw it up - scratched that from my list! I am taking the unjury chicken Soup and do have the Unjury unflavored Protein that I add to my Soups when I remember. My saving grace soup has been the Marketplace Tuscan Tomato Basil - sold at Vons. It is so creamy and taste like Pasta except without the Pasta. I can only have about 1/4 cup before I get full, but it's been great!

@@Tired_of_being_Tired, "noisy trip to the ladies room" that was hysterical! glad you made it safely.

I was told to try new foods in the evening at home, that way if it doesn't agree with you-no worries. I'm sure a lot of us are going to have that experience at one time or another.