Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my two week check up yesterday and everything seemed fine. I mentioned to him that I was on the last of my painkillers after kinda weaning myself off them a bit. He said the pain was normal. There is a large stitch in my abdomen holding two muscles together until they heal over where the tools went in. He said it will take 4 more weeks to dissolve.

I was holding up okay walking everyday with a bare minimum of painkillers. Yesterday I didn't get a chance to walk as much as usual so I thought the pain would be less:

But last night HOLY SH&t. I was in agony. Couldn't even sit comfortably in a chair on on the couch. I could literally feel the stitches in my muscles pulling. I was in tears by the time I got in bed, even after downing the last 15 ml of lortab.

Im calling the docs office today to demand more painkillers- because this is f**king ludicrous. I cannot go 4 weeks like this. I own my own business and I can't be crying on the couch for 4 more weeks.

Are you guys still in pain? Still on painkillers?

I am so sorry sweetie. That does not sound good I am 17 days out. No pain. No meds. I have one incision site that the glue fell off too early. You can see some sutures from the inside but it's not infected and nurse said it's healing. The rest look great. Look like little scar scratches. I have not felt any abdominal pain. I am on puréed. So happy to be able to eat. A whole new round of energy. Going to the gym. I am praying for you and so sorry about your pain.

Hello Gladiators. On my way to my 1 week Followup this afternoon. Will update later.

@ ammylynns

So sorry you are having a ruff time. Nausea can be absolutely devastating and what you are going through surely sounds familiar. Try to sleep and sip anything you can. But if you can't no big deal they can put you on a IV. It will be okay, you will heal, just maybe not right now.

@@layknee

Home and free. No sleep can be the worst form of torture. Get some rest and a new day will emerge. The good news is you are covered on fluids for right now. I was amazed at how much they were able to place you on.

Today is day 16 post op. I am feeling like myself, walking, eating mushy stuff and all that. I have a Dr appt with my primary. Back to the grind Monday, I'm actually looking forward to it.

aww man now I feel like a whiney baby! I've never had a kid, so I don't know what my pain tolerance is. Even if my pain tolerance is super wimpy I don't care- the fact is I hurt????

I'm walking daily 2-3 miles except yesterday, but every once and while I feel sharp pains that make me see stars and yell cusses. I think I deserve the best relief modern medicine has to provide. I want to get back to work and I don't feel like it's going to get better in the next week.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have had 3 c sections and a gallbladder removal years ago. This pain is not even close. I have that stitch and the pain attacked full force on day 5. I went to my 2 wk post op and was given another two weeks of Vicodin. I don't need it everyday but when I do I'm so glad I asked. With three young ones homeschooling I'm super active when I don't want to be so I pay for it in a lot of ways. Rest up when you can!

I am having bad trapped gas. Does milk of magnesia really work? I am dying.

it help with expelling gas and having bowel movements. Although sometimes a bit explosive.

it help with expelling gas and having bowel movements. Although sometimes a bit explosive.

I also heard from the PA that helped with my surgery that Milk of Mag also is supposed to help with nausea.

Edited by AuriP

I'm so sorry for the people who are going through rough times right now, while I didn't have to be placed in the hospital I was where you are right now. I still cramp with Water and other fluids first thing in the morning. I will be sending good vibes your way and if you believe in God I will send a prayer up for you ladies tonight.

So I wrote this on the pre op post but I thought I would share here too. I'm outgrowing my pants, I only have 3 since I work so much and my work clothes are scrubs. I found a pair in my closet that I haven't worn in 4+years, they were a size 20. Well I never thought they would fit but they did. Then this morning I went to Old Navy (they are having an awesome sale going on right now) I went in so thinking I was about to purchase some size 20 pants, I picked up so 18's to see how longer I had to go to get in them and they fit as well. Apparently old navy ' pants stretch so the sales associate said to get pants that fit well because they will stretch and get looser as the day goes on. I bought 2 of the size 18's and they will have to last me until I go shopping again in Janurary. Ahhh, I'm so excited.

post-185145-14141754868787_thumb.jpg

post-185145-14141755477708_thumb.jpg

post-185145-14141755693257_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all of your thoughts. I called the Dr's office this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to hear I'm normal. Most of my pain is gas now. I hadn't taken my omneorozol either cuz I was so nauseated, but by not taking it, it was making me worse. They called another med in too for the stomach acid. I'm not taking pain meds cuz it makes me so sock and it's not going to help the gas pain anyway. I've had so many tearful moments my poor 8 yr old daughter is getting so worried. She just cries aling with me. But knowing some of you are doing so good a couple weeks out gives me hope! My honey just stopped home to change my drain bandages. Omg, not a good experience and it hurts so Flippin bad to cry. Can't wait to have that part done!!

Auri- so excited for your size 18! !!! That's awesome! ! I feel like my belly is twice as big as normal so no weighing for me! And all I'm wearing is yoga pants and a loose tshirt. Can't handle any restriction on my belly area.

I left a message over on the other thread. I'm doing okay I was having some incisional pain and maybe some gas pain. They took me off of the PCA today around 430pm. I am now taking Norco 7.5 mg liquid oral medication. Trying to get down this attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413325599.836563.jpgI infiltrated two IVs already so I'm on my third IV. Miss my kids. They won't let anyone under 18 up here because of the enterovirus that's been spreading among gradeschool kids.

I do have my own room though. chicken broth is disgusting because there's no salt or pepper in it.

Of course I still do not like sugar-free Jell-O. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413325863.205368.jpgchanged into my pajamas. My O2 sats staying in the upper 80s and lower 90s. Trying to keep up with my deep breathing and coughing exercises. They took my catheter out. Went to the bathroom on my own. Walked up and down the hallway.[/quote lol you sound like how I'm feeling

Edited by Naynay31

Does anyone else get the rumbly tumblies in their belly after they eat I get a lot of gas movement or something while I am and after I eat.

Does anyone else get the rumbly tumblies in their belly after they eat I get a lot of gas movement or something while I am and after I eat.

Oh I get the rumblies like crazy, mostly late at night and some after I eat or am drinking to get liquids in. Not hunger, but kinda feels like a growling stomach without the hunger part. I have heard it is normal, so not stressing on it personally, just kinda funny.